Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Maxis Connect to Maxis using Custom Router!, Guidelines

views

PRSXFENG
post Mar 7 2022, 02:36 PM

Regular
1,760 posts

QUOTE(belfong @ Mar 5 2022, 03:59 PM)
I recently had success setting up PPPoE for a new router. The trick was to set maxis VLAN to 11. VLAN 621 is for maxis partner (maybe your infra is maxis and you subscribed to TM Unifi). Keeping this info in case it helped anyone.
That VLAN ID means you are using Maxis Fibre on Maxis on Infra
621 is Maxis Fibre on TM Unifi Infra

Got a few more other VLAN IDs for different Infra providers
QuantumEdge
post Mar 7 2022, 10:34 PM

Regular
1,147 posts

QUOTE(PRSXFENG @ Mar 7 2022, 02:36 PM)
That VLAN ID means you are using Maxis Fibre on Maxis on Infra
621 is Maxis Fibre on TM Unifi Infra

Got a few more other VLAN IDs for different Infra providers
user posted image
Yep, Maxis on Maxis infra
leezhijiang
post Jan 2 2023, 08:48 PM

Getting Started
234 posts

With reference to this topic. I did attempt to do the samething.

I was helping a friend to change her original Maxis router to TP-Link AX5400 which is more powerful. At the same time, I figured out that the phone cannot be used.

1. I asked my friend to call Maxis CS if we can connect the phone to ONU instead of the Maxis router. She (from Maxis CS) said cannot. I asked for the ONU login, she didn't give what I wanted. She just repeat the PPOE username and password.

The Maxis CS said I can only connect my own custom router after Maxis router eventhough I told her I am very confident that I can use the phone ports in ONU.

She also don't want to give the SIP information. She said she don't know what is SIP.

2. Hence, I asked Maxis CS to give the administrator login for Maxis router. She gave and I found out the SIP details.

3. I found out the login for ONU which is HG8240. I able to create VLAN 822 and obtain IP from DHCP.

4. I able to configure VOIP on POTS 1 using the configuration I copied from old Maxis router. Phone is working.

Lesson: If you are confident with your technical background, go for it and don't believe everything from the CS.

This post has been edited by leezhijiang: Jan 2 2023, 08:54 PM
blacktubi
post Jan 2 2023, 08:58 PM

-
Group Icon
Elite
7,508 posts

QUOTE(leezhijiang @ Jan 2 2023, 08:48 PM)
With reference to this topic. I did attempt to do the samething.

I was helping a friend to change her original Maxis router to TP-Link AX5400 which is more powerful. At the same time, I figured out that the phone cannot be used.

1. I asked my friend to call Maxis CS if we can connect the phone to ONU instead of the Maxis router. She (from Maxis CS) said cannot. I asked for the ONU login, she didn't give what I wanted.  She just repeat the PPOE username and password.
The Maxis CS said I can only connect my own custom router after Maxis router eventhough I told her I am very confident that I can use the phone ports in ONU.

She also don't want to give the SIP information. She said she don't know what is SIP.
2. Hence, I asked Maxis CS to give the administrator login for Maxis router. She gave and I found out the SIP details.
3. I found out the login for ONU which is HG8240. I able to create VLAN 822 and obtain IP from DHCP.
4. I able to configure VOIP on POTS 1 using the configuration I copied from old Maxis router. Phone is working.
Lesson: If you are confident with your technical background, go for it and don't believe everything from the CS.
You are lucky to have a HG8240 without the webUI disabled.

Are you on TM or Maxis Infra?
leezhijiang
post Jan 2 2023, 10:09 PM

Getting Started
234 posts

QUOTE(blacktubi @ Jan 2 2023, 08:58 PM)

TM infra
leezhijiang
post Jan 2 2023, 10:10 PM

Getting Started
234 posts

QUOTE(blacktubi @ Jan 2 2023, 08:58 PM)

I bet after Maxis CS know about it, they will do pattern to force an ONU replacement
angelgemini
post Nov 8 2023, 09:41 PM

1,663 posts

anyone try setup Maxis Fiber ™ with Huawei AX3?
how to setup it?

anyone can share the guide? thanks.

i manage to connect with PPPOE.

thanks.

This post has been edited by angelgemini: Nov 9 2023, 02:08 PM

69 Pages « < 67 68 69Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0162sec    0.16    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:26 AM