Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

V1 Proton Exora Bold Owners and Fans Thread, Calling all owner and future one...

views

Turbocrazy
post Jun 8 2012, 12:03 AM

0 posts

Hi guys,

As promised, I'm back for some update on my wife's EB.. Today I went to Ipoh to get the EB which been in the Proton SC
for almost 2 weeks.. Had tested & everything are back to normal. Had attached the job description for the EB.. Looks like
they have changed quite a no. of parts!!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Turbocrazy
post Jun 8 2012, 09:39 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(brotan @ Jun 8 2012, 08:50 AM)
hi bro

i see there is a "to do recall campagin - reverse camera lcd"

so this is like a full recall excercise on all EB in the field?
Hi Bro Tan,

Well i was informed that this is indeed a recall exercise. Whether it is faulty or not, it will be replaced
during servicing. I reckon the camera view on the mirror is better, in sense of parallel lines to the parking lines wink.gif
Turbocrazy
post Jun 8 2012, 02:13 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Optiplex330 @ Jun 8 2012, 12:15 PM)
I don't use additives nor do I believe in using Synthetic oil because I don't drive a Ferrari nor living in Alaska. This "Synthetic last 10K but Mineral 5K" is the biggest load of rubbish around Malaysia but don't see that around in overseas forum.
Agree with u.. I dun believe fully-syn engine oil be used for a new car as well.. But i do believed that fully-syn oil is more
superior than mineral engine oil..
As for me, I still stick to my dad's advice.. For normal use vehicle, clock approx 40k ~ 50k mileage per year, mineral
engine oil is used for (7~8 years). Follows by semi-syn oil (8~16 years). Then lastly fully-syn oil (17 years above old car).
I did asked him why, he said if u use fully-syn oil for a brand new car now, u will have no upgrading on later when the
engine gets old. Coz old engine needs more protection.. biggrin.gif

Cheers..

Turbocrazy
post Jun 8 2012, 03:09 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(forter @ Jun 8 2012, 02:52 PM)
bro....fully synthetic oil is only good for the new engine.....if your engine already old there is no point to use fully-syn oil...unless you used it from day 1.....you must protect your engine while your engine is still new...and after a few years it is ok to use only semi or mineral...
bro, have u actually try downgrading from fully-syn to mineral yet?? how does the engine runs?? Did u hear or feel any different??
Anyhow, when I upgrade from mineral to syn oil, its also depends how old is the engine, older ones - higher viscosity..
Turbocrazy
post Jun 9 2012, 07:55 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(taqu @ Jun 8 2012, 08:50 PM)
Stock Bold CFE rims good-looking enough to me :-)
But I'm having headache cleaning the stock rims, and it gets dirty very easy too!! sad.gif
Anyhow, I think its also depends on what color ur ride to match with the color of ur rims..
My ride is white, I match it with darker color rims, and 5 spoke rims are much easier to maintain.
I'm now using my camry 17" rims, the camry been upgraded to 18" biggrin.gif
I felt that the ride (exora bold) been much improved, in terms of handling & taut feel... biggrin.gif
Attached is a picture for ur pleasure... tongue.gif

Turbocrazy
post Jun 11 2012, 10:57 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(neo1point3 @ Jun 11 2012, 10:26 PM)
Yeap the cvt is noisy when accelerate and stop at traffic jam...but not a big problem
I'm more concern about the oil control valve, malu when ppl ask why can choke like that when idle
Agree with u, we r more concerned abt other failure than the sound it makes.. (although the fan noise
is louder than my diesel engine!!)
When my EB had this problem, stop at the roadside, really felt malu... sad.gif
Wifey told me she dun have confident in P1 liao.. If happen again she wants to change car liao.. shocking.gif
Turbocrazy
post Jun 12 2012, 10:04 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(Optiplex330 @ Jun 11 2012, 11:10 PM)
When coming to red traffic light, the sound is like a toy mechanical/electric car slowing down. Very obvious.
More like mechanical sound to me, coz this is the same sound from my manual 4x4 only when going downhill
(25% slope) engaged on 1st gear without stepping on the pedal. But, it won't be as loud as the EB.. Most likely
from the clutch.. I wonder if exora cps hv this noise..
Turbocrazy
post Jun 12 2012, 02:54 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(azlan83 @ Jun 12 2012, 12:35 PM)
this sound come from cvt..as cvt will adjust the gear with the speed...or maybe the engine braking is automatically turn on...i suggest to ask krisof on proton cvt thread at autoworld forum...for me its ok i get use to it.
I do agree with u to certain point, i.e; engine braking automatically turn on when we slow down the vehicle..
If u say its cvt noise, I wonder why other cvt like nissan sulphy and teanna dun hv this noise? hmm.gif

Turbocrazy
post Jun 12 2012, 09:10 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(V12Kompressor @ Jun 12 2012, 04:37 PM)
once there's enough people buying them at a large scale, then everything will be priced lower, so no worries. smile.gif

So far, the Saga, Exora Bold and Preve uses the CVT. The Saga and the Preve will be the volume seller and hopefully, this will bring down the price of the CVT and CVT components. smile.gif
Tq for enlightening, its a good news for EB owners. Since we know now that the characteristic of VT, can improve
lower the noise by installing sound proving at the firewall??

I'm sure proton is able to achieved their target since the new cfe engines were introduced, coz more power & better styling is what most buyers are waiting for in our Exora..
Btw, is preve using the same cvt as bold?? Coz, I had test drive preve, I felt the acceleration is not as powerful
as the EB..

Turbocrazy
post Jun 13 2012, 10:59 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(brotan @ Jun 13 2012, 11:32 AM)
if looks good, will share. if looks bad, sorry lah. hehe

btw, just booked 2 pcs from TS of this sound insulation. Wish me good luck  thumbup.gif
Guys, I'm not sure abt the type of insulation material that u guys used. My cousin had his ride heavily done sound
proving on his estima (cost him approx 5k). He is happy with the result, extremely quiet cabin.. But eventually, he
remove some of them coz its effecting his FC due to heavy burden to the vehicle..
His advice to me is, do only minor ones like firewall, doors & roof.. (stage by stage..)

Turbocrazy
post Jun 16 2012, 12:51 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(brotan @ Jun 15 2012, 04:28 PM)
Already make an official complain to I-care. Let's see how the drama unfold

Either Proton admit their mistake to allocate the same chassis to 2 dealers or the PE need some short term cash injection

[/i]
What a lame excuses.. Now that the preve' orders hit the 10k mark, which shares the same engine & tranny
with EB.. I presume, they could not care much.. Anyway, writing to I-care is a good try. Good luck, bro..

Turbocrazy
post Jun 17 2012, 12:38 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(neo1point3 @ Jun 16 2012, 07:11 PM)
Agreed! EB is really a value for money MPV

it is big, powerful, comfortable and the chassis is strong  thumbup.gif

it will be the perfect mpv under rm 100k if no engine issues
anyone here manage to solve this problem? My EB cfe chocking when idling, they say oil control valve but still the same.
Yupe, they hv not fully solve this problem, mine is happening too, choking or like missed firing, only during idling..
Called up SC, they ask to try switch off the air-con - but also same...
Notice, if apply brake & engaged to "D" during idling, the choke stopped..
The choke always happened when the cooling fan stopped between intervals.. Haizz...!! shakehead.gif
Turbocrazy
post Jun 17 2012, 08:17 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(klate @ Jun 17 2012, 06:57 AM)
I never felt this, I need to try simulate. So the engine will choke only during idling and in Nutral gear?. How frequent it happen?.
I'm not sure how many EB having this problem.. Previously, my EB been in the workshop for almost 2 weeks.
During that time, my EB became worse. The SC told me they already changed OCV, & realigned the sensor.
After that it was good for 3 weeks, now this initial symptom came back.. rclxub.gif
The choking happen when I drive my EB for more than 25min (engine hot - esp during noon), during idling when
it happens, its like someone step on the gas pedal for a second, RPM rev-up about 100~200rpm then it goes back
to normal.. All this happened when the cooling fan stop & start between intervals..
I wonder how many EB owners experiencing this?? icon_question.gif
Turbocrazy
post Jun 17 2012, 11:08 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(brotan @ Jun 17 2012, 09:05 AM)
Bro,

When did you get your eb?

Maybe you can consider to change your service centre?
I got my EB early Feb. Initial SC that I sent can't do it, so they sent to the main SC in Ipoh..

Added on June 17, 2012, 11:10 pm
QUOTE(cocodemon @ Jun 17 2012, 09:05 PM)
cvt noise = my eb dun have. not really sure tho
engine choking = oso dun have. this i'm damn sure.

bro klate, mind sharing ur batch no? mind is 86853
for others with this problems, what is ur batch no?
front tires is normal like that, dun worry. it is due to the weight from engine bay
My batch no is 78191

This post has been edited by Turbocrazy: Jun 17 2012, 11:10 PM
Turbocrazy
post Jun 18 2012, 02:21 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Shah's @ Jun 18 2012, 01:54 PM)
Just sent my eb for owv and ocv change. They will operate my engine and will took 3 days minimum, hope it's true. Now I'm 'Patah kaki' without a car. sad.gif
How come send so sudden?? I tot u EB is running fine...

Turbocrazy
post Jun 19 2012, 02:44 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(majuperak @ Jun 19 2012, 02:15 PM)
Exora Bold kawan2,

Now am considering Exora Bold Premium CVT .... initially was thinking of Altis 1.6E or 1.8E. Current drive is Livina 1.6A .... need advise
From lavina to exora ?? Downgrading?? rclxub.gif
Turbocrazy
post Jun 22 2012, 02:53 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(brotan @ Jun 22 2012, 11:10 AM)
wow, that's nice (i mean the kicking in of turbo early)

i must admit. After a few seconds i press the pedal, i feel like taking space shuttle and zooming into outer space. rofl

need to adjust myself so that i don't bump the front car. hehe
Ya, my dad told me, during his time in the 80's, when volvo had their first turbo cars, they gave
training to those who wish to test drive so that they won't bump the front cars.. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Enjoy ur car, bro.. icon_rolleyes.gif
Turbocrazy
post Jun 23 2012, 04:32 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(azlan83 @ Jun 23 2012, 04:16 PM)
Yes on EB also need to press brake before can move from P to D...I think to use stering lock only...what can do... There are many way they can steel the car...my fren golf gti...towing by other car... No need to start enjin...haha very clever
I dun think steering lock can help, its so easy. I kena already, when I heard neighbour dogs barking outside,
switch on the light, hilux parking at road side, check n found out that my steering wheel has been sawn & the
lock been removed. So, for my EB I dun care much liao.. juz fixed the Locktech 1 st week got the car..

Added on June 23, 2012, 4:37 pmGuys what do u guys think abT the EB seat, for short distance, its ok.. but for long journey, my buttock ache la... Too hard..

This post has been edited by Turbocrazy: Jun 23 2012, 04:37 PM
Turbocrazy
post Jun 23 2012, 04:45 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(brotan @ Jun 23 2012, 04:41 PM)
What about pedal lock?
Well, I think its a good choice if u dun mind having trouble removing & finding a place keeping it..

Added on June 23, 2012, 4:47 pmBtw how much the pedal lock cost??

This post has been edited by Turbocrazy: Jun 23 2012, 04:47 PM
Turbocrazy
post Jun 23 2012, 07:40 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Optiplex330 @ Jun 23 2012, 05:08 PM)
Good news. It means you can eat as much as you like to put more fat under your buttock for cushioning. Great excuse to now eat without restraint.
haha.. tat wud be a good excuse.. no wonder ladies din complaint abt tis..
But by adding a piece of thin cusion actually helps.. icon_rolleyes.gif

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0398sec    0.33    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:32 PM