9 Pages « < 6 7 8 9 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Best country to migrate to?, Berhijrah from malaysia

views

johnyblaze87
post Sep 19 2016, 03:44 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

consider canada? they have express entry program.
KronenZerg
post Sep 19 2016, 05:01 PM

Casual
371 posts

QUOTE(johnyblaze87 @ Sep 19 2016, 03:44 PM)
consider canada? they have express entry program.
What do you mean by express entry?
segamatboy
post Sep 19 2016, 05:35 PM

On my way
637 posts

Fast track for those with badly needed skill. I said it before... Canada is like OZ and NZ. No local experience...tough luck.

QUOTE(KronenZerg @ Sep 19 2016, 05:01 PM)
langstrasse
post Sep 19 2016, 05:44 PM

~ Have a Vice day ~
1,511 posts

QUOTE(malayantiger @ Sep 18 2016, 10:03 PM)
I'm in my 50's now. So now just work in retail part time to cover monthly expenses. Too old and too tired to be doing anything 'serious' now tbh.
If you follow some of my early 'education' threads you probably know my background.  Life is short, enjoy yourself before its too late! YOLO all the way now. smile.gif
Ok thank you Sir ! notworthy.gif
il0ve51
post Sep 19 2016, 05:46 PM

Enthusiast
984 posts

Colombia
FireIceCombo
post Sep 19 2016, 05:55 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

ukraine bestest to be in.
johnyblaze87
post Sep 19 2016, 06:47 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(KronenZerg @ Sep 19 2016, 05:01 PM)
fast track program, in 6-8 months can get the PR card already.
my colleague already got her, quite easy I would say.
KoChun
post Sep 21 2016, 01:47 AM

On my way
688 posts

QUOTE(malayantiger @ Sep 17 2016, 11:58 PM)
LOL, it started many years back when my kids came back from school and announced we all need to be 'anti-nestle'.
Lots of topics on this. TBH, Nestle has such a huge grip on the food industry, no way we can completely stop Nestle.
Just google their confectionery range for instance! Its just a gesture that they should help the community more.
https://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-bus...nestle-facebook

http://www.greenpeace.org/international/en...-change/kitkat/

http://www.babymilkaction.org/nestlefree

https://www.facebook.com/antinestle/

icon_rolleyes.gif
+1

QUOTE(malayantiger @ Sep 18 2016, 12:23 AM)
Subjective really. Don't they say racism is everywhere and anywhere? How does one measure racism? You do read of racially motivated attacks off and on in newspapers. There seems to be a rise in attacks on Muslims and recently in the wake of Brexit, there has been a rise in anti-Polish and Eastern Europeans. The papers here tend to over hype everything. But on a personal level, I have never been faced with racial abuse nor have I witness one myself. I have often discussed this matter with my family, wife and kids but they have the same story.

The neighbourhood where I live is rather mixed and has been peaceful. My workmates are nice people and I have made many good friends here. To put things in a nutshell, I think at a face to face level, or in dealing with people here in general, they show very little if any racial connotations.  What they really feel in their mind and heart may be completely different. 

There are robust laws here against discrimination and racism. On the whole I feel less discriminated here than Malaysia simply because in Malaysia racism is institutionalised. For example by the time you are born, you are either a non or a bumi. And then as you move on in life you realise that university places are again subject to this policy, etc, etc. That kind of discrimination, you don't face here.  icon_rolleyes.gif
I know what you mean. After some 59yrs born above Singapore, still the D Y M M with all due respect, still treats a part of the population like step children. You know, like P. Ramlee movies.

QUOTE(malayantiger @ Sep 18 2016, 10:03 PM)
I'm in my 50's now. So now just work in retail part time to cover monthly expenses. Too old and too tired to be doing anything 'serious' now tbh.
If you follow some of my early 'education' threads you probably know my background.  Life is short, enjoy yourself before its too late! YOLO all the way now. smile.gif
How I wish can enjoy life like you.
How did you began your journey to migrate?
Got tips to share?
malayantiger
post Sep 21 2016, 04:32 AM

Casual
320 posts

QUOTE(KoChun @ Sep 21 2016, 01:47 AM)
+1
I know what you mean. After some 59yrs born above Singapore, still the D Y M M with all due respect, still treats a part of the population like step children. You know, like P. Ramlee movies.
How I wish can enjoy life like you.
How did you began your journey to migrate?
Got tips to share?
You know the saying 'I envy you, you envy me!'. Many who have migrated will not tell you the hard slog and hardship they have to face initially. TBH, its no plain sailing, for me anyway. I uprooted the family to make it in a 'new' place. It was like 'do or die'. If I had to pack our bags and 'balik kampong', I donno. Perhaps all my friends and relatives will laugh at me saying 'I told you so'. All in all, it took me and my family 7 long years of uncertainty before ILR (indefinite leave, i.e. PR) came to fruition. So where to begin? Let's see...

1) Do plenty of research. Seek all avenues. Regularly check up on immigration rules of that particular country. Rules keep changing!

2) Join some immigration forums. Look up the internet, there are plenty. Learn from other people's experience. mistakes.

3) Have not only Plan A, but Plan B and even Plan C. For example when our ILR seems doomed at one point, we even look at Canada as an option.

4) Have enough resources before you take the plunge. By that I mean enough savings to stretch you out say over 6 months without income.

5) Ask yourself if you really like the country you want to migrate to. Going there on holiday is very different from living in that country.

6) Are you prepared to leave all your creature comforts, your relations, friends, your 'status', job, etc, etc for a new life? You can get very lonely and frustrated in a new place!

The more prepared you are, the more confident you will be in taking up the challenge.

...finally, if all this end in failure, can you take it in the chin and tell yourself, 'At least I tried, and I have nothing to lose!' If you have to balik kampong and eat the humble pie, how? sweat.gif

This post has been edited by malayantiger: Sep 21 2016, 12:49 PM
SUSVape [On]
post Sep 22 2016, 07:28 AM

Regular
1,098 posts

QUOTE(MCSH @ Sep 17 2016, 12:11 PM)
Malaysia is great if you are well off.  Penang is considered one of the best place for retirement for foreigners😀
Only true if you are there for retirement because the traffic during peak hour are horrendous.
iambloodymuch
post Sep 22 2016, 09:26 AM

Getting Started
235 posts

i wanna apply canada express entry soon.

need to take ielts.

i hope i can get nominated since i got a degree from canadian uni
KronenZerg
post Sep 23 2016, 12:33 AM

Casual
371 posts

QUOTE(iambloodymuch @ Sep 22 2016, 09:26 AM)
i wanna apply canada express entry soon.

need to take ielts.

i hope i can get nominated since i got a degree from canadian uni
I that express entry requires someone that is willing to sponsor you?

iambloodymuch
post Sep 23 2016, 09:56 AM

Getting Started
235 posts

QUOTE(KronenZerg @ Sep 23 2016, 12:33 AM)
I that express entry requires someone that is willing to sponsor you?
no need to sponsor.

this express entry is point based. hurm i tried to roughly calculate mine, got around 380 points.

usually minimum points to be invited somewhere close to 500.

if you got job offer event better, can add 600 to ur points.
KronenZerg
post Sep 23 2016, 10:59 AM

Casual
371 posts

Oh really .. OK.
I thought it requires sponsoring. Do you need to wait for certain of time before approving your PR or immediate?

BTW, I was informed that Canada, esp at Vancouver has frequent earthquakes ...
kabuto12
post Sep 23 2016, 11:01 AM

Getting Started
217 posts

maybe Canada
SUShuaweie5830
post Sep 23 2016, 01:00 PM

Enthusiast
967 posts

Hi guys, if we migrate

1) my car still at Malaysia, want to keep it coz I will go back frequently and drive. What should I do ? do I need to go jpj change ownership ? But still consider same person right ? No charges ? And next time to renew insurance and road tax, any problem ?

2) next time I take flight back to singapore, can I claim for tax refund for my purchases ?

3) I do not own any other asset apart from the car, any other thing I should take care of after I got the new citizenship ? In term of finances or banking issue? I do have a bank account and quite a lot of credit card in Malaysia ....

Please advice. Thanks.

duck v3
post Sep 25 2016, 09:35 AM

Getting Started
220 posts

it all depends on your criterion for migrating
for me ive been in new zealand for almost a year now, and i have to say the country suits me the absolute best

1 : the most important factor, high pay. but payscales depends on what you're working as. if you're on the skill shortage list, then the pay is very good. for me, im doing automotive engineering and i still get paid a qualified techican's pay although im just doing part time @ 25$/hr since i got a diploma

2 : the quality of life here is extremely high. clean air, clear surroundings, breathtaking sceneries, and the hustle and bustle of a metropolis in the heart of the cbd.

3 : stable temperature all year round. spring and autumn averages 13 degrees every single day with chances of rain. but winter and summer can get brutal though, this year winter drops to 0 degrees at the lowest point, but other than tht it hovers around 5~8 degrees (at night). when i arrived, summer was almost over. there was no wind at night in summer, and temperatures hovers around 20~25 during the day. at night its around 18~22.

4 : more culturally diverse than malaysia (this is true to the bone). there are genuine european, asian, and american food here. one sushi place i've been going to is ran by a genuine japanese chef. another ramen joint is also ran by a japanese. and the food here, it's pretty hard to find terrible food haha

5 : if nature escapades are ur thing, south island! queenstown, dunedin, christchurch, invercargill, and the glacier passes. then there's great barrier island and stewart island!

6 : houses are (still) affordable. a modest condominium unit (they call it apartments here) costs in between 600k ~ 1m $ for the highest end ones. if you're getting paid 40$ an hr (100k p/a) , you can definitely afford one.

7 : sheer driving pleasure, literally. windy roads, scenics drives, and most importantly, no need for ac! wind down ur window and u can feel the cold air! you could just rent a bmw m5 or something and go cross continent with it. not kidding

all in all, it all boils down to what you want that country to be like, and how u want to live your life!
Voblov Yuri
post Sep 26 2016, 10:22 AM

10 posts

A country with basic human rights, women rights, justice system and fair, free from corruption, low crime, how they treat animals, children welfare, nice education system, jobs opportunity focus on their own citizens compare to give vacancy to aliens.
KoChun
post Sep 29 2016, 12:20 PM

On my way
688 posts

QUOTE(malayantiger @ Sep 21 2016, 04:32 AM)
You know the saying 'I envy you, you envy me!'. Many who have migrated will not tell you the hard slog and hardship they have to face initially. TBH, its no plain sailing, for me anyway. I uprooted the family to make it in a 'new' place. It was like 'do or die'. If I had to pack our bags and 'balik kampong', I donno. Perhaps all my friends and relatives will laugh at me saying 'I told you so'. All in all, it took me and my family 7 long years of uncertainty before ILR (indefinite leave, i.e. PR) came to fruition. So where to begin? Let's see...

1) Do plenty of research. Seek all avenues. Regularly check up on immigration rules of that particular country. Rules keep changing!

2) Join some immigration forums. Look up the internet, there are plenty. Learn from other people's experience. mistakes.

3) Have not only Plan A, but Plan B and even Plan C. For example when our ILR seems doomed at one point, we even look at Canada as an option.

4) Have enough resources before you take the plunge. By that I mean enough savings to stretch you out say over 6 months without income.

5) Ask yourself if you really like the country you want to migrate to. Going there on holiday is very different from living in that country.

6) Are you prepared to leave all your creature comforts, your relations, friends, your 'status', job, etc, etc for a new life? You can get very lonely and frustrated in a new place!

The more prepared you are, the more confident you will be in taking up the challenge.
...finally, if all this end in failure, can you take it in the chin and tell yourself, 'At least I tried, and I have nothing to lose!' If you have to balik kampong and eat the humble pie, how?  sweat.gif
Thanks!!

QUOTE(iambloodymuch @ Sep 23 2016, 09:56 AM)
no need to sponsor.

this express entry is point based. hurm i tried to roughly calculate mine, got around 380 points.

usually minimum points to be invited somewhere close to 500.

if you got job offer event better, can add 600 to ur points.
Looking good!!

QUOTE(duck v3 @ Sep 25 2016, 09:35 AM)
it all depends on your criterion for migrating
for me ive been in new zealand for almost a year now, and i have to say the country suits me the absolute best

1 : the most important factor, high pay. but payscales depends on what you're working as. if you're on the skill shortage list, then the pay is very good. for me, im doing automotive engineering and i  still get paid a qualified techican's pay although im just doing part time @ 25$/hr since i got a diploma

2 : the quality of life here is extremely high. clean air, clear surroundings, breathtaking sceneries, and the hustle and bustle of a metropolis in the heart of the cbd.

3 : stable temperature all year round. spring and autumn averages 13 degrees every single day with chances of rain. but winter and summer can get brutal though, this year winter drops to 0 degrees at the lowest point, but other than tht it hovers around 5~8 degrees (at night). when i arrived, summer was almost over. there was no wind at night in summer, and temperatures hovers around 20~25 during the day. at night its around 18~22.

4 : more culturally diverse than malaysia (this is true to the bone). there are genuine european, asian, and american food here. one sushi place i've been going to is ran by a genuine japanese chef. another ramen joint is also ran by a japanese. and the food here, it's pretty hard to find terrible food haha

5 : if nature escapades are ur thing, south island! queenstown, dunedin, christchurch, invercargill, and the glacier passes.  then there's great barrier island and stewart island!

6 : houses are (still) affordable. a modest condominium unit (they call it apartments here) costs in between 600k ~ 1m $ for the highest end ones. if you're getting paid 40$ an hr (100k p/a) , you can definitely afford one.

7 : sheer driving pleasure, literally. windy roads, scenics drives, and most importantly, no need for ac! wind down ur window and u can feel the cold air! you could just rent a bmw m5 or something and go cross continent with it. not kidding

all in all, it all boils down to what you want that country to be like, and how u want to live your life!
Sweet! How I wish....
How did you first get citizenship to NZ?
duck v3
post Sep 29 2016, 01:00 PM

Getting Started
220 posts

QUOTE(KoChun @ Sep 29 2016, 12:20 PM)
Thanks!!
Looking good!!
Sweet! How I wish....
How did you first get citizenship to NZ?
no citizenship yet, im still studying haha

9 Pages « < 6 7 8 9 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0189sec    0.55    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:31 PM