Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

43 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [Home Appliances] Dryer / Washer+Dryer, Eco save is the way!

views

hongguan
post Jul 31 2013, 06:59 PM

33 posts

Beko dryer works well until the rubber band snaps. To change the rubber band is not an easy task. The opening to the rubber band is too small for an adult hand to reach it. Furthermore, the four sides of that opening area to that rubber band site is sharp due to poor workmanship. They did not polish or smoothen the sharp edges. If you are not careful, you will cut yourself when changing the rubber band. And also the rubber band is not available here... or at least it is not easily available. So one has to order online from UK, which again costs a lot. Each time changing of the rubber band with workmanship cost me RM250. And so far, after getting the unit for less than 4 months, it has snapped twice. There goes my RM500. And because this is not a forum to bombard the poor after sales service of that B*st D**ki outlet which promised everything under the sun when I bought the unit, I would spare them this round, and just stick to the discussion.
ozak
post Jul 31 2013, 07:09 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(hongguan @ Jul 31 2013, 06:59 PM)
Beko dryer works well until the rubber band snaps. To change the rubber band is not an easy task. The opening to the rubber band is too small for an adult hand to reach it. Furthermore, the four sides of that opening area to that rubber band site is sharp due to poor workmanship. They did not polish or smoothen the sharp edges. If you are not careful, you will cut yourself when changing the rubber band. And also the rubber band is not available here... or at least it is not easily available. So one has to order online from UK, which again costs a lot. Each time changing of the rubber band with workmanship cost me RM250. And so far, after getting the unit for less than 4 months, it has snapped twice. There goes my RM500. And because this is not a forum to bombard the poor after sales service of that B*st D**ki outlet which promised everything under the sun when I bought the unit, I would spare them this round, and just stick to the discussion.
Brought 4 month and without warranty?

Or telling you rubber band no warranty?
hongguan
post Aug 12 2013, 02:57 PM

33 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jul 31 2013, 07:09 PM)
Brought 4 month and without warranty?

Or telling you rubber band no warranty?
It's the hassle of getting the warranty from that outlet. First, calling them thru the number already took long time. Then, rude attitude from the person in charged (reason given: he worked alone and very busy, more like venting his frustration on me). He told me he needed to send my case up to the team, will take 2 working days. Then the team will come only office hours to inspect my unit. Another appointment needed. If off hours, need to pay them extra, despite saying "under warranty period". Next if the unit is taken back, will need 5 working days. That means i wont have my machine for at least 7-8 days (plus the weekends).

At the end, I called my regular electrical shop owner who repairs electrical appliances. And he bought the rubber band from UK, FedEx it here took only 3 days, and came right to my doorstep and got it fixed in 1 hour. Paid RM250. And the whole unit back in perfect working condition.

But few weeks later, the whole thing snap again, and i repeated the repair proceudre... and spent another RM250 to get anohter rubber band changed.

That's why when the unit is working, it's perfect, just like any other brand. The only problem starts iswhen theunit breaks down.
ozak
post Aug 12 2013, 04:49 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(hongguan @ Aug 12 2013, 02:57 PM)
It's the hassle of getting the warranty from that outlet. First, calling them thru the number already took long time. Then, rude attitude from the person in charged (reason given: he worked alone and very busy, more like venting his frustration on me). He told me he needed to send my case up to the team, will take 2 working days. Then the team will come only office hours to inspect my unit. Another appointment needed. If off hours, need to pay them extra, despite saying "under warranty period". Next if the unit is taken back, will need 5 working days. That means i wont have my machine for at least 7-8 days (plus the weekends).

At the end, I called my regular electrical shop owner who repairs electrical appliances. And he bought the rubber band from UK, FedEx it here took only 3 days, and came right to my doorstep and got it fixed in 1 hour. Paid RM250. And the whole unit back in perfect working condition.

But few weeks later, the whole thing snap again, and i repeated the repair proceudre... and spent another RM250 to get anohter rubber band changed.

That's why when the unit is working, it's perfect, just like any other brand. The only problem starts iswhen theunit breaks down.
This is already a crap machine with a crap service. It is not working perfect at all with anytime breakdown the rubber band.

With such a short live part, it will happen again and again till you kick the machine out. Without border to repair anymore.
bat11
post Sep 7 2013, 07:47 AM

Enthusiast
860 posts

HI! I am looking for a dryer, may I know what is a good brand for dryer now? Thanks a lot.
rfm
post Sep 8 2013, 11:09 AM

Getting Started
180 posts

Been using Fisher&Packal for almost 8 years and it has not given us any problem. Very heavy usage (family of 8 now). Too lazy and have not done any service yet too. But lately, the machine can no longer take bigger load, one technician (who came over to fix my washer) said it's due to the rubber band, and it would cost rm400. I have not done anything with it, as it's still working well....just need to load more frequently.
bat11
post Sep 8 2013, 09:10 PM

Enthusiast
860 posts

QUOTE(rfm @ Sep 8 2013, 11:09 AM)
Been using Fisher&Packal for almost 8 years and it has not given us any problem. Very heavy usage (family of 8 now). Too lazy and have not done any service yet too. But lately, the machine can no longer take bigger load, one technician (who came over to fix my washer) said it's due to the rubber band, and it would cost rm400. I have not done anything with it, as it's still working well....just need to load more frequently.
Fisher&Packal super expensive le. I am thinking to get either electrolux or Bosch or mayb some Korean brand.
rfm
post Sep 8 2013, 09:32 PM

Getting Started
180 posts

QUOTE(bat11 @ Sep 8 2013, 09:10 PM)
Fisher&Packal super expensive le. I am thinking to get either electrolux or Bosch or mayb some Korean brand.
Bought 8 years ago, around rm1.5k only smile.gif
kenlimfornication
post Sep 9 2013, 08:52 AM

Enthusiast
729 posts

Tried to search online but all the user reviews seem outdated from 2011 and 2012. And the reviews are not good. I'm moving into a new condo soon and is looking for a washer dryer combo.

Is it really bad? Do you get breakdowns every other year?

I'm looking for a small load version ~8/5kg, either Electrolux, Samsung, or LG. Budget is around 2.7k.
bat11
post Sep 9 2013, 11:36 AM

Enthusiast
860 posts

QUOTE(kenlimfornication @ Sep 9 2013, 08:52 AM)
Tried to search online but all the user reviews seem outdated from 2011 and 2012. And the reviews are not good. I'm moving into a new condo soon and is looking for a washer dryer combo.

Is it really bad? Do you get breakdowns every other year?

I'm looking for a small load version ~8/5kg, either Electrolux, Samsung, or LG. Budget is around 2.7k.
If space permitted, better buy a separate washer and Dryer. Combi machine always have problem.
kenlimfornication
post Sep 9 2013, 11:41 AM

Enthusiast
729 posts

QUOTE(bat11 @ Sep 9 2013, 11:36 AM)
If space permitted, better buy a separate washer and Dryer. Combi machine always have problem.
What kind of problems? What cause the problems? Really appreciate if you can elaborate more.
bat11
post Sep 9 2013, 12:10 PM

Enthusiast
860 posts

QUOTE(kenlimfornication @ Sep 9 2013, 11:41 AM)
What kind of problems? What cause the problems? Really appreciate if you can elaborate more.
Actually, I also get this from my fren. They said normally combi machine a lot of issue, not specific. Mayb u can also read through this forum about the combi issue.
Have u do survey on the brand u want? Currently I am using electrolux washing machine Front loaded. So far so good.
bat11
post Sep 30 2013, 11:30 AM

Enthusiast
860 posts

Hi, anybody with good experience with dryer, please recommend the brand. Thank you!
QW$$
post Oct 2 2013, 07:11 PM

Getting Started
118 posts

QUOTE(hongguan @ Aug 12 2013, 02:57 PM)

which model was it ?

czlee88
post Oct 4 2013, 08:50 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

hitachi is having one~ not sure how good was it~ tagged around 5.8k~
ralyon
post Dec 8 2013, 09:48 PM

Getting Started
234 posts

Anyone has experience with Electrolux vented dryer (EDV600)? Does it dry the cloth enough?
babylck
post Dec 9 2013, 09:26 AM

Casual
360 posts

Bought ELBA ED602W 6kg dryer from forumer billykl for rm1150. quite a good deal i suppose because this is the cheapest price i could get after asking few other electrical shop. I choose this model because it doesn't need ducting. Been using it for a few times already and i can say i'm satisfied. The cloth is dry thoroughly and it is quiet as well. Now i don't have to worry about rainy days.
MonsterPips
post Jan 1 2014, 03:49 PM

Casual
332 posts

anyone can estimate the current consumption for dryer in a month for daily usage or once a week usage?

thinking to get one but want to know how much electricity increase i should expect for those 2 type of usage
SUSchokia
post Jan 1 2014, 09:04 PM

Chartered Member
3,617 posts

There are so many models in Harvey Norman with Washer Dryer combo.

Usually Washer Dryer Combo is front loading type. So you need front loading detergent only (low sud). The shop will not teach you all these. Thats why people claim combo got problem coz u put normal detergent, the machine sure kaput.

Anyways any washing machine regardless combo or not will kaput and not forever.

My Ariston combo, the dryer kaput first, now still using but the washer only (after 12 years - coz i only do laundry on weekend)

ua988180
post Jan 3 2014, 04:25 AM

Getting Started
181 posts

QUOTE(chokia @ Jan 1 2014, 09:04 PM)
There are so many models in Harvey Norman with Washer Dryer combo.

Usually Washer Dryer Combo is front loading type. So you need front loading detergent only (low sud). The shop will not teach you all these. Thats why people claim combo got problem coz u put normal detergent, the machine sure kaput.

Anyways any washing machine regardless combo or not will kaput and not forever.

My Ariston combo, the dryer kaput first, now still using but the washer only (after 12 years - coz i only do laundry on weekend)
My bosch combo will power up and then off ...
Bought in year 2010...only 3 years now...only 1 person in the family...
Bosch quoted abt RM800 to fix the module control board...
Don't know why German brand so unrealible meh...or maybe just bad luck.

43 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0235sec    0.21    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:25 AM