Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [Home Appliances] Dryer / Washer+Dryer, Eco save is the way!

views

hongguan
post Jul 31 2013, 06:59 PM

33 posts

Beko dryer works well until the rubber band snaps. To change the rubber band is not an easy task. The opening to the rubber band is too small for an adult hand to reach it. Furthermore, the four sides of that opening area to that rubber band site is sharp due to poor workmanship. They did not polish or smoothen the sharp edges. If you are not careful, you will cut yourself when changing the rubber band. And also the rubber band is not available here... or at least it is not easily available. So one has to order online from UK, which again costs a lot. Each time changing of the rubber band with workmanship cost me RM250. And so far, after getting the unit for less than 4 months, it has snapped twice. There goes my RM500. And because this is not a forum to bombard the poor after sales service of that B*st D**ki outlet which promised everything under the sun when I bought the unit, I would spare them this round, and just stick to the discussion.
hongguan
post Aug 12 2013, 02:57 PM

33 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Jul 31 2013, 07:09 PM)
Brought 4 month and without warranty?

Or telling you rubber band no warranty?
It's the hassle of getting the warranty from that outlet. First, calling them thru the number already took long time. Then, rude attitude from the person in charged (reason given: he worked alone and very busy, more like venting his frustration on me). He told me he needed to send my case up to the team, will take 2 working days. Then the team will come only office hours to inspect my unit. Another appointment needed. If off hours, need to pay them extra, despite saying "under warranty period". Next if the unit is taken back, will need 5 working days. That means i wont have my machine for at least 7-8 days (plus the weekends).

At the end, I called my regular electrical shop owner who repairs electrical appliances. And he bought the rubber band from UK, FedEx it here took only 3 days, and came right to my doorstep and got it fixed in 1 hour. Paid RM250. And the whole unit back in perfect working condition.

But few weeks later, the whole thing snap again, and i repeated the repair proceudre... and spent another RM250 to get anohter rubber band changed.

That's why when the unit is working, it's perfect, just like any other brand. The only problem starts iswhen theunit breaks down.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0389sec    0.38    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:20 PM