MR_alien
post Mar 19 2012, 01:01 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(BuFung @ Mar 19 2012, 12:03 PM)
sadding.. later P3 boy cannot mod too much on the power side liao..  sad.gif

specifically can mod
but external and internal mod only
performance mod better NOT...cuz anything happen, proton sure won't be responsible
MR_alien
post Mar 19 2012, 05:13 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(izputra @ Mar 19 2012, 04:57 PM)
Booked the car just now for my wife..color yet to decide until we saw the car with our own eyes..took the CFE of course...

colour can slowly choose ...subject to availability as well
MR_alien
post Mar 19 2012, 06:50 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(watonk @ Mar 19 2012, 05:19 PM)
I wont worry much. Coz its made here. If other brand, poor resale, niche model, parts is hardly available. End up rotten.
If its local (minus Waja 1.8, Juara and Tiara- Renault), no matter how doom the sales, the parts should be available, easier to get, and continue to abuse. A good workhorse. Still saw a few 80's saga run around town vs, say, 80 Corolla LE.
80s saga still got alot in sabah here and very good condition...no black smoke whatsoever and power is still there
corolla also
MR_alien
post Mar 19 2012, 06:54 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(shamsul_LP @ Mar 19 2012, 06:51 PM)
dont get black...trust me you will cry use black car in malaysia  cry.gif ...hard to maintain
it only gets dirty easily only...any paint/colour nowadays also get dirty easy
on the other hand, white is the one that will make u cry..not only dirty easily but also need to wax every week to maintain the white since its not metallic paint
MR_alien
post Mar 19 2012, 09:24 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(stormlcc @ Mar 19 2012, 08:08 PM)
u r totally incorrect, black is the hardest colour to maintain, i have both black and white cars.  it's so easy to get dust stuck to the body, just a bit and u can see black colour turn into grey spots, u might need to wash the car every 2 - 3 days if the car wax has wore off.  and black colour is the worst colour to have in a tropical country with hot weather, the car can easily get very hot even in mild temperature, half an hour under the afternoon sun will melt you, and it'll take quite a while to cool the car down with aircon.  it's bad for the aircon system, it's bad for FC, it's bad for your health, it's bad for everything.  the only redeeming feature of a black coloured car is it'll look good only.

white colour dust is not so easy to spot, i'm washing my white car once a week only in these unpredictable weather.  the easiest colour to maintain is metallic grey
i have a black car myself
yes..it gets dusty easily
but at least its a metallic paint...u dn't need to wax it every week to keep its shine
i only wax my car every 3-4 month
white in another hand is not metallic paint..need to constantly wash it and wax it every week to keep its shine
for me..a trip to the car wash/ wash yourself is way easier than wash and wax every week
no doubt white look nice but sadly its not metallic paint

Added on March 19, 2012, 9:28 pm
QUOTE(BuFung @ Mar 19 2012, 08:24 PM)
Remember those ae101, ae111 colour? Those colour can blend together wt dush....  Not noticeable at all... Lol
i would say old car's paint is better(old car mean the paint that they use last time)
car nowadays no matter what colour...gets dirty so easy...dn't know why
but car last time...no matter rain or dust..the car still look clean
my uncle have a corolla, didn't wash but look so clean...my dad's car also...waja...rain already still look ok
car nowadays ...once rain...look like just came back from crossing dirt road...its not the body that is dirty...its the bumper there only(front and rear)

This post has been edited by MR_alien: Mar 19 2012, 09:28 PM
MR_alien
post Mar 20 2012, 01:58 AM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(stargate8 @ Mar 19 2012, 09:59 PM)
hmm, was it the paint job or the paint itself?

could it be that cars in the old days were treated with PPS?

hmm,if preve, was given 5yrs warranty, book 1st batch, also not bad, aiyo, should i get flx se or preve, 50k and 75k, affordability not an issue but i can save 25k for saga.

@Dares, was it possible to change the rear drum to disc brake? will it void the warranty and how much is the market price if can change.
i think it was the paint itself...cheaper(maybe?)
proton now also offer 5 years warranty but it was 3+2..3 years warranty + 2 years extended warranty(depends on which insurance company)
and bear in mind...if u want that full 5 years warranty..u have to continuously service at proton SC in order to keep that warranty alive
many ppl will complain SC's labour fee expensive
for me..3 years is more than enough...if its gonna have problem...it would appear within the 1st year/1st 20000KM
if it ain't appearing in that 3 years...it ain't appearing soon...just service accordingly when u service outside thn its enough(change whats necessary, follow manual/receipt)
MR_alien
post Mar 20 2012, 02:25 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(stargate8 @ Mar 20 2012, 01:27 PM)
i won't be bother about the paint. as long as park indoor and avoid places with cooking fumes, as it tend to get the car surface stick with dust.
you are right, 3yrs is more than enough, the sc labour fee, saw from proton website but didn't state labour fee separately.
if SC engineer dothe job well, i think still worth it.

just curious, other than SC, other workshop, are they able to service cars which is getting more advance?
or they did went for training in order to replace/service parts.
dn't think so...learn themselves maybe
but for this newer gen proton....outside workshop are gonna have to buy themselves a unit of CVT oil changer if they want to do business
MR_alien
post Mar 20 2012, 10:44 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

3500 isnt all really
when distribute to different state...its actually not much for each state
MR_alien
post Mar 22 2012, 12:16 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(leftist @ Mar 22 2012, 09:58 AM)
we all know bout the performance..how bout engine reliability?...many people says force induction reduce the life of the engine..if NA engine can last 500k km or more,they say turbo engine only can last half of that...is it true?..really interested bout this car..but worried bout people kept on saying turbo engine cant last long biggrin.gif
it is true
see european car already know
BUT proton limits the torque in order to maximize its reliability...so no worries abt that
they even tested on their test car until now 250k KM already

Added on March 22, 2012, 12:21 pm
QUOTE(overfloe @ Mar 22 2012, 12:09 PM)
for city/dugong, even if you take 9yrs, after 3yrs of use you'll still able to sell and cover the loan balance.. for proton, you need to use at least 5yrs.
erm...yes...resale value really good
BUT why would u wanna sell a car after 3 years IF the car is good
that only proves the car doesn't suit u or it sarks only
ppl tend to hold on to the car if the car is good....so if the car is good, how good is the resale value is out of question

This post has been edited by MR_alien: Mar 22 2012, 12:21 PM
MR_alien
post Mar 22 2012, 04:05 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(37867 @ Mar 22 2012, 03:17 PM)
CVT gearbox so expensive?
not only CVT
gearbox itself(any GB)..with the engine cover abt 70-75% price of the car
thats why those 2 thing not so easy to spoil
MR_alien
post Mar 22 2012, 04:10 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(BuFung @ Mar 22 2012, 04:07 PM)
r u sure ah?  sweat.gif sweat.gif sweat.gif
i mean when its new
this is just VT2...the exora or p3 one is VT3...more expensive
GB and engine are the 2 most expensive things inside a car
MR_alien
post Mar 22 2012, 05:12 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(stargate8 @ Mar 22 2012, 05:08 PM)
if 10-15k, for VT3 GB, maybe i'll believe.

i watched overhaulin last night, really cool, especially the machine they use to make a brand new rim.
well..the 25k for VT2 is not me say one ah
its someone from the saga club go ask the SC how much it would cost to replace it
thats the answer given
VT3 should be more expensive
MR_alien
post Mar 22 2012, 05:23 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(BuFung @ Mar 22 2012, 05:17 PM)
Boss...  do u think u buy all the part 1 by 1 from proton and assembly a car will cost you how much?  compare to buying an entire car itself? 

put it in another form..  do u think the % of margin any car maker will make from a car they sell will be higher..  or just selling a GB ?

yet to mention the labour of changing 1 GB compare to mass production assembly line....
thats a different story already...when u buy the car..its already included in the price of the car
when u need to replace one...thats a whole other price
of course when u mass produce/bulk buying..its cheaper
but for a 40k saga...that CVT does cover 50% of the car price...depend what car u compare to

MR_alien
post Mar 22 2012, 05:47 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(dares @ Mar 22 2012, 05:36 PM)
We're talking about replacement for a pre-existing GB of a car, not the cost of a GB in a mass production line.

The cost of replacing a CVT is RM 22k++, dunno include labour or not. How much it cost Proton to put a CVT into your car in the production line, we don't know.
+1
u should focus on how much to "replace" one
not how much it cost when they put it into the car
let say the cost when they put in your car(production) is 15k...the cost of replacing is 22k
if u too focus on that "15k"...when its time to change...your mind keep saying 15k...thn u go ask for quotation, he say 22k
thn what u reply?...."ei, u put into the car(production) only 15k only ma, why u charge me 22k?"

Added on March 22, 2012, 5:50 pm
QUOTE(BuFung @ Mar 22 2012, 05:40 PM)
if so..  how do the calculation of the GB+Engine cover the car cost 70-75% from? 

I cannot brain...  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif
thn how abt u calculate for us to see
how much is the VT2?..how much is a brand new campro engine?
add it all up...compare to the car price...how many %?
20??
like i said be4...depends u compare to what car and whats the price...70% is somewhat for saga...p3 not that high since the car priced 75k
for p3...need to add in the turbocharger as well

This post has been edited by MR_alien: Mar 22 2012, 05:50 PM
MR_alien
post Mar 23 2012, 12:12 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(stargate8 @ Mar 22 2012, 05:51 PM)
but still 22k just to replace cvt, its like, take it or buy new car.

hmm, as long as maintain the car well, at 6th year, consider to sell, a good condition car should be able to sell off.
if u service it properly...the problem will only come on the 7-8th year/around 200-250k KM
and thats is why when either the GB is broken/engine need some major fix and slap by mechanic by some magical number
ppl tend to just dump the car and buy a new one...and it is better to buy a new car cuz even after fix, u never know what else need fix
MR_alien
post Mar 24 2012, 05:27 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(PeowYong @ Mar 23 2012, 02:14 PM)
Experienced that on Waja, and from what i heard from mechanics, it is built and located there so that it is easier for changing the fuel pump. Wira, does not have this problem because the fuel pump is in the fuel tank itself. That is what I am told.
And the advise from the mechanics is to buy original fuel pump, and make sure your fuel tank is always above half tank because the fuel is cooling down the pump. The pump is not fully submerge in the fuel if the fuel level is low.
Long term of driving with fuel level below half tank will cause the fuel pump to be overheated and ended up failing.
I had also heard about the wiring problem for the fuel pump as well.
is this why proton car no power if your fuel is below half tank?
and its noticeable...me(saga BLM) and my friend who drives persona also say like that
MR_alien
post Mar 24 2012, 05:52 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(dares @ Mar 24 2012, 05:37 PM)
sweat.gif  sweat.gif
Got such phenomenon? I drove Waja and now Saga also never notice eh...Next time I'll pay more attention  hmm.gif  hmm.gif
got
in theory..if more fuel = more heavy = pickup slow/no power
but in proton case..if your fuel is less than half tank, u will start to feel loss of power/no pickup...u need to rev higher to get the same pickup(eventhough less fuel is lighter)
but when u fill the tank until full...in theory pickup should suck but in proton case, pickup is way better, more power...when u need power, power is there
and its not placebo...its very noticeable
many of my friend who drive proton also say the same...can't explain why but i think this is the answer

and when the tank is lesser than half tank..somehow FC is much higher since no pickup and need to rev higher for pickup
MR_alien
post Mar 24 2012, 06:46 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(FaezFarhan @ Mar 24 2012, 05:43 PM)
user posted image

Is this the Blue Lagon colour? Uglyyyy man! I think it's better for me the get silver since all the cars at my house are white hmm.gif
many ppl dn't like exotic colour like the previous zitron green of saga
SA need to give large discount in order to dispose it cuz not many ppl wants it
ppl still prefer the usual white black and silver
white they say nicest...silver also nice..black need to wait and see
MR_alien
post Mar 24 2012, 08:41 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(megat89 @ Mar 24 2012, 08:28 PM)
did u ever change ur car's fuel filter?..
nope
and its not my opinion only
i ask many ppl also all say like that
the more empty it is...the more no power(pickup)
MR_alien
post Mar 24 2012, 09:26 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(megat89 @ Mar 24 2012, 08:46 PM)
fuel filter also might be the problem..full of dirt..try change that 1st..not expensive..maybe about rm20-30 only..and can DIY also..people always forget/never know need to change the fuel filter..then suddenly cannot start, no power, engine stall, etc2..
it might be but if its the fuel filter's prob
thn it should be a continuous loss of power regardless of full tank/half tank/near empty right?
the problem is..this no power/no pickup only appear when the fuel tank is less than half already
when its above half or full tank...no such problem...power is there when u need it...pickup normal

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0220sec    0.53    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:59 PM