Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The Official Blu-ray Thread v15, Check 1st page 1st post for value FAQ :)

views

ozak
post Dec 23 2012, 10:03 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(low98944 @ Dec 23 2012, 09:53 AM)
Region A,B,C mean that BD is actually Region Free BD.

Unlike DVD, the World have divided into three Region by Blu-ray Disc Association, further information in page 1 of this thread.

So, when the BD said it is Region ABC, it mean this BD is Region free Disc or unlocked disc.

Region A BD player can play Region A and Region Free BD discs. Or sometime got Region A,B or A,C BD disc.

Region B BD player can play Region B and Region Free BD discs.

Region C BD player can play Region C and Region Free BD discs.

Region free BD player can play all region BD discs in this World.

So, your player actually is Region A BD player which can play Region A, Region Free or Region A,B or Region A, C BD discs.

As long as BD disc mentioned it got include Region A or it is Region free BD, your player can play it otherwise, it will not play in your player.  laugh.gif

P/S: Your player can play Region 3 and Region Free DVD only.
Thanks for your explanation. So I makesure don't buy the region B or C only BD. Others is safe.

I think I better go and get a media player. That save me from all this trouble. tongue.gif
noobz97
post Dec 23 2012, 04:36 PM

29 posts

what is difference between ahem 3D (50GB) Disc and Original 3D disc...
How big is the Ori 3D disc....
I hear sony guy say S490 is unable to play smooth with ahem 3D (50GB) Disc。。。。

but my Ahem dics (25GB) are playing normal in S490...
pokjak_290
post Dec 23 2012, 05:01 PM

On my way
596 posts

QUOTE(johnbluraylover @ Dec 21 2012, 01:41 PM)
Batman dark knight
Bro, what your Bat Cowl number?
johnbluraylover
post Dec 23 2012, 08:10 PM

Regular
1,069 posts

QUOTE(pokjak_290 @ Dec 23 2012, 06:01 PM)
Bro, what your Bat Cowl number?
33xxx out of 35000, cannot recall exact no, how about yrs?

Mikeyz
post Dec 23 2012, 08:18 PM

On my way
586 posts

Hi guys,i recently upgraded my PC's HDD and i am now organizing my media files and i came across some issue on redeeming digital copy for my purchased BDs (mainly Region A ).
I encounter ITunes does not allow me to redeem my digital copies due to my Apple ID are only valid on Itunes Malaysia and need a US Apple ID for it to work,so i have a few questions if you guys can help me out.
1. So i have to create a new Apple ID under USA region?
2. if yes to 1st question,how about the billing address?
3. We can/t use same email for both Apple ID even if is different region?

If anyone can tell me what should i do,is much appreciated.Need to get things sorted properly so i can have a piece of mind.thanks
low98944
post Dec 23 2012, 08:38 PM

...oooOOOooo...
5,533 posts

QUOTE(Mikeyz @ Dec 23 2012, 08:18 PM)
Hi guys,i recently upgraded my PC's HDD and i am now organizing my media files and i came across some issue on redeeming digital copy for my purchased BDs (mainly Region A ).
I encounter ITunes does not allow me to redeem my digital copies due to my Apple ID are only valid on Itunes Malaysia and need a US Apple ID for it to work,so i have a few questions if you guys can help me out.
1. So i have to create a new Apple ID under USA region?
2. if yes to 1st question,how about the billing address?
3. We can/t use same email for both Apple ID even if is different region?

If anyone can tell me what should i do,is much appreciated.Need to get things sorted properly so i can have a piece of mind.thanks
I have registered iTune US version years ago. So, I may help you to answer some of the question.

1. Yes. If the BD is UK, you need UK iTune.
2. Search internet and look for someone (or anyone) address, then copy and paste tongue.gif laugh.gif
3. That I am not sure.

If I remember correctly, when you register US iTune, their need you to key in a valid US credit card. However, there is one forumer here (can't remember who) have provide a link that didn't require credit card in order to create an US iTune account. But that is years ago, can't remember link is in which thread. Should be in The Official Blu-ray Thread but not sure which version already. rclxub.gif

Maybe you can google or search for more info.

This post has been edited by low98944: Dec 23 2012, 08:40 PM
pokjak_290
post Dec 23 2012, 09:15 PM

On my way
596 posts

QUOTE(johnbluraylover @ Dec 23 2012, 08:10 PM)
33xxx out of 35000, cannot recall exact no, how about yrs?
Standard shipping. ETA jan 12th. Dah tak sabar nak tengok movie ni.... cry.gif
johnbluraylover
post Dec 23 2012, 09:44 PM

Regular
1,069 posts

QUOTE(pokjak_290 @ Dec 23 2012, 10:15 PM)
Standard shipping. ETA jan 12th. Dah tak sabar nak tengok movie ni.... cry.gif
No worry, mine was estimated arrived after new yr but came as early suprise, the postman nearly throw in, but he was decent this round to hand over n avoid damage
lkj
post Dec 23 2012, 11:48 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Dec 23 2012, 09:48 AM)
What you mean the " Triple feature " ? A bundle of 3title BD in 1 package?
Yes, 3 BD titles in 1. I listed a few examples presently at a good price at Amazon.com

There are also double feature sets i.e. 2 BD titles in 1. Do a search by typing in Triple Feature or Double Feature on the Amazon search box under Movies & TV.
ozak
post Dec 24 2012, 12:38 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(lkj @ Dec 23 2012, 11:48 PM)
Yes, 3 BD titles in 1. I listed a few examples presently at a good price at Amazon.com

There are also double feature sets i.e. 2 BD titles in 1. Do a search by typing in Triple Feature or Double Feature on the Amazon search box under Movies & TV.
Thanks.

The price is unbelievable low. The movie title is abit old. But put my memory back.

How about the quality? Sometime I doubt about the different price. Does the low/high price associated with the quality?
lkj
post Dec 24 2012, 01:19 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(ozak @ Dec 24 2012, 12:38 AM)
Thanks.

The price is unbelievable low. The movie title is abit old. But put my memory back.

How about the quality? Sometime I doubt about the different price. Does the low/high price associated with the quality?
Most welcome.

In most cases, it is the same disc as when bought individually. To be sure, best to do some research, especially on Blu-ray.com or the reviews on Amazon.

An example where the double feature is different from the individual release is The Fantastic Four. The double feature set omitted the extras/special features.

Otherwise, double feature, triple feature and box sets are usually the same as individual releases except you'd lose the individual packaging/casing/artwork for each title but you'd save on the per item shipping cost. For example the Bond 50 box set was selling for $99 during Black Friday. It has 22 Bond titles ... per item shipping cost would really add up if bought one by one. But with the box set, pay shipping as 1 item.

Yes, they're older titles included in the double feature and triple feature sets but if you haven't yet got them, then it's a bargain.

Price and quality may not always match each other. Good quality titles can at many times be had for very good price. I guess you'd have to wait to get a good price sometimes. biggrin.gif On Blu-ray.com you're able to see the price history of each title.

This post has been edited by lkj: Dec 24 2012, 06:39 AM
sky reno
post Dec 24 2012, 09:57 AM

45 posts

Dear All,

Thought I'd share this info for those who have purchased a DVD HTS and would like to change to a BluRay without throwing away existing HTS.

I have all my systems with Samsung but I'm not sure if different brands will work this way. Anyway, I just have to get an optical cable and link up my LED TV with my DVD HTS. My BluRay player will connect to TV with HDMI as well. I then set my DVD HTS to Digital Input and I can play BluRay movies using my existing DVD HTS so no need to purchase another new set of BluRay player and HTS which cost about RM1,200-RM2,000. I just spent about RM600 for this.

For those who wanna try this, I can recommend the person who did this for me.

ps: I'm just sharing this info and I'm not into this business.
TSAndrewtst
post Dec 24 2012, 10:37 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

New thread here http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2640394 by Masked Chan. smile.gif

Happy Blu-ray.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0265sec    0.14    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:18 AM