Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
125 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Technical PS VITA FAQ For Beginners | V1, General PSV Q&A and Technical Discussion

views

SUSseijiseimura84
post Dec 18 2011, 06:46 AM

U mess with me? Pancung kepala
4,817 posts

QUOTE(Ninja @ Dec 15 2011, 11:25 AM)
Latest Vita commercial ad in Japan:

OT: Bro, I'll be creating a new thread for our STS later. tongue.gif
Maria ozawa????? looks similar
rzio
post Dec 18 2011, 11:25 AM

11 posts

QUOTE(ayexkamal @ Dec 18 2011, 05:56 AM)
is it true different country has different language used in psv? because i already ordered hk version. no provide english?
Try watch this.
http://kotaku.com/5868982/watch-as-a-ps-vi...-the-first-time
It the jap version of ps vita
Zaryl
post Dec 18 2011, 11:26 AM

Hardcore Casual Gamer
1,523 posts

So according to one of the youtube user, when he tried to play Dark Soul via PSVita remote play, it can't run saying: The content cannot be used during remote play.

What a BUMMER! doh.gif

Or is it that we can play CERTAIN PS3 games via remote play? Example Killzone 3 & MGS PW?
Mgsrulz
post Dec 18 2011, 12:37 PM

30 years of Metal Gear
All Stars
14,258 posts

QUOTE(Zaryl @ Dec 18 2011, 11:26 AM)
So according to one of the youtube user, when he tried to play Dark Soul via PSVita remote play, it can't run saying: The content cannot be used during remote play.

What a BUMMER!  doh.gif

Or is it that we can play CERTAIN PS3 games via remote play? Example Killzone 3 & MGS PW?
Sony confirmd not all games will be remote play capable.
If I'm not mistaken they said it's developer dependent-if they're willing to patch the game to support remote play

I wouldn't be too keen on remote play,if I were you...it sounds neat on paper, but factor in the transmission lag and it will mostly be a fun distraction, nothing more.

This post has been edited by Mgsrulz: Dec 18 2011, 12:45 PM
merajey
post Dec 18 2011, 01:22 PM

Casual
449 posts

looks like the ps vita would not have the soft pouch and hand strap bundled together based on unboxing video at youtube cry.gif ..guess how much it will sell here??play asia price is almost ridiculous!!
TongCN
post Dec 18 2011, 02:10 PM

Look ma, I have lots stars :D
4,819 posts

Will Malaysia PSN comes with PS Vita content? Getting HK version bundle and plan to continue using my MY PSN on it ...
Irfan2397
post Dec 18 2011, 02:29 PM

Please dont stalk me!!!
1,693 posts

QUOTE(Ninja @ Dec 17 2011, 03:44 AM)
Downloadable version will be available for download from PlayStation Store, the same day as disc version release.

Some comparison pic of VITA game casing and VITA game card:

user posted image

user posted image
You got yours already?And is it the game on PSN cheaper than the disc version?

Added on December 18, 2011, 2:33 pm
QUOTE(SilverCrimz @ Dec 17 2011, 11:54 AM)
surprisingly not that big for some of the games
Which PSN? got a lot of psn game ,I am interested in the F1 2011 Game

This post has been edited by Irfan2397: Dec 18 2011, 02:33 PM
ayexkamal
post Dec 18 2011, 02:54 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(rzio @ Dec 18 2011, 11:25 AM)
Try watch this.
http://kotaku.com/5868982/watch-as-a-ps-vi...-the-first-time
It the jap version of ps vita
thanks bro smile.gif
shah_ho_nam2
post Dec 18 2011, 03:12 PM

らき☆すた
4,242 posts

i will buy vita in malaysia. for sure price here would be huge. and here they follow europe markets. more funding for bigger storage cards
kacanghijau12
post Dec 18 2011, 06:07 PM

19 posts

taken from a guy that bought psv in Japan

I got my Vita yesterday. For reference there are absolutely hundreds and hundreds to spare, even at the most busiest stores in Tokyo. To be honest it looked like this was going to sell out before release as the second Sony opened pre orders in October, the websites crashed from so much server overload. Then a few weeks back, stores started advertising that you could preorder again and thus I have no clue what happened to the demand. I suspect Sony decided to increase the release number? Or that the initial preorders were just limited.

Anyway, I was absolutely infuriated to find that the 16GB Memory Stick Micro that I had from the PSP Go doesn't work. I had been asking for months and no one had a clue, and now it's obvious: Sony has made a proprietary format for the Vita. It's a Micro, but one that works ONLY on the Vita. Now add this to the game cards beige a new proprietary format and that is TWO new formats for one product.

Also my unit was defective with a noticeable scratch on the rubber coating lining the back of the unit and so I had to go back to the store today to get another. They had an entire basket of defective units that had already been returned.

Honestly I'm not all that impressed by the Vita at all. It's larger than I thought, heavier, there is no removable battery, the games don't come with physical instruction manuals, the rear touch screen doesn't seem to work as smoothly as I thought it would (at least not with Uncharted) and the speakers are poorly placed as my fingers tend to cover them.

And for what it's worth, I am absolutely sick of the cheap packaging Sony is now using. First it was the PCs and then the tablets, and now even the new game console. The Vaio Z that released this past summer had a cheap, junk box that screamed zero cost despite the thing itself costing me over $3000. The Tablet S and P (I foolishly bought both and have since sold them) had the same cheap cardboard and I noticed the manual, or whatever that lazy excuse for one is, was actually bent and folded as if the factory couldn't even package it nicely. Now the Vita and the exact same thing...for BOTH units. What is so difficult about placing a piece of paper inside a box?

People might think I'm whining over nothing here, but considering how major appearance is in Japan, it's downright appalling Sony can get away with this. Japanese candy, for example, often comes in mini packages inside of the outside box. Visual polish is extremely important with food and products and even people's attire. And let's be honest here:if you're spending a fortune on a product the least you can expect should be a nice package to sell it in.

What do you guys think? I think this guy is whining too much. Pasal packaging pun nak jadi hal. But he said speaker are not well that really concerns me.

sos
kabuto rider kick
post Dec 18 2011, 06:21 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

Guys,can we watch youtube using Vita?
Mgsrulz
post Dec 18 2011, 06:22 PM

30 years of Metal Gear
All Stars
14,258 posts

QUOTE(kabuto rider kick @ Dec 18 2011, 06:21 PM)
Guys,can we watch youtube using Vita?
No,not yet.
No YouTube app and vita has no flash.
It's iOS all over again doh.gif
eejey
post Dec 18 2011, 07:06 PM

Getting Started
111 posts

isn't youtube vids can be viewed with html5 too?
you don't really have a need for flash to watch them.

can't you just use the browser and go to youtube site and view it from there?
it does have a browser right?

of course, its not like android, where you have a youtube app,
and can just click that and jump straight to youtube.

ascend
post Dec 18 2011, 08:45 PM

Getting Started
245 posts

QUOTE(kacanghijau12 @ Dec 18 2011, 06:07 PM)
taken from a guy that bought psv in Japan
What do you guys think? I think this guy is whining too much. Pasal packaging pun nak jadi hal. But he said speaker are not well that really concerns me.

sos
What this chap said is 100% correct. Packaging/presentation is such a big thing in Japan and for Sony to skimp on this, it is just inexcusable.

Being able to relate to that story, Sony has increasingly been total cheapskate over the years. Sony VAIO laptops (top of the range Z that costs more between RM6000 to RM9000) uses such ugly cheap boxes that it is simply an insult to the buyer and there are no physical manuals and OS backup discs - which Sony expects buyer to burn. Sony charges an absolute premium and yet it tries to save costs on the overall presentation. And yep, the PS Vita box is such an eyesore!
snipersnake
post Dec 18 2011, 08:53 PM

typical abah
2,652 posts

Let those early adopters to 'test' the thing first. Did the same thing during PSP's launch. As a result, a perfectly fine PSP10001 Gigapack up til now.
ascend
post Dec 18 2011, 09:43 PM

Getting Started
245 posts

QUOTE(snipersnake @ Dec 18 2011, 08:53 PM)
Let those early adopters to 'test' the thing first. Did the same thing during PSP's launch. As a result, a perfectly fine PSP10001 Gigapack up til now.
yes true. buy six months after launch, let them smooth out the production lines and before they go on a cost-cutting mode to bring down the production cost (note i never said retail price lol). Psp1000 was built like a tank but later versions psp2000 (i think) felt rather flimsy.
kabuto rider kick
post Dec 18 2011, 10:06 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

aii..still no love for youtube sad.gif ape laa sony
Mgsrulz
post Dec 18 2011, 10:31 PM

30 years of Metal Gear
All Stars
14,258 posts

QUOTE(eejey @ Dec 18 2011, 07:06 PM)

I don't think html5 is for all vids?
I can't play "desktop" videos on my iOS devices,so I doubt it's all html5 compatible
Ninja
post Dec 18 2011, 10:50 PM

[PBMY]™ Supreme Commander
Group Icon
VIP
1,764 posts

QUOTE(intothefantasy @ Dec 17 2011, 03:56 PM)
hmm..if taking 3g version of pspvita...it can use our hotlink sim card or digi sim card rite? are they microsim? or just normal sim?
Normal SIM-card. At the moment, it's not confirm whether our local SIM-card can be use, but definitely will not work with Japan 3G unit since it's locked to Japan NTT Docomo provider. Will see how next week when HK PS Vita is launched, and can check whether can use our local SIM-cards. From the online manual, I can see there's a setting option where we can set the APN settings manually.

QUOTE(najmul @ Dec 17 2011, 05:20 PM)
Is this true? =>http://www.maxconsole.com/cgi-bin/maxconso...0000348&cat=PSP

Do we need extra memory card to play some games?
Yeah, some games requires Memory Card for save games. Some games don't need it since it will store the save game inside Vita game cartridge itself.

QUOTE(gitarburuk @ Dec 18 2011, 12:11 AM)
R psn have a list of ps vita games prices yet? Which region psn much cheaper? Usa @ UK@ Malaysia? I thk many games i will just dload there. R psp games can play on it? Graphic r much better?
QUOTE(TongCN @ Dec 18 2011, 02:10 PM)
Will Malaysia PSN comes with PS Vita content? Getting HK version bundle and plan to continue using my MY PSN on it ...
At the moment, only Japan PlayStation Store is available for PS VITA. Next week, will be Hong Kong. Not sure about Malaysia since VITA is not officially launched here.

QUOTE(Irfan2397 @ Dec 18 2011, 02:29 PM)
You got yours already?And is it the game on PSN cheaper than the disc version?
Not yet, that's not my pic. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(eejey @ Dec 18 2011, 07:06 PM)

HTML5 is currently not supported by PS Vita browser. A few user reviews has confirmed this. It's not working, and Flash as well. I guess have to wait for Youtube app, probably during USA launch next February.

Currently, there's only NICO NICO DOUGA app, quite similar to Youtube, but only for Japan market.

kabuto rider kick
post Dec 18 2011, 11:28 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

Hopefully youtube app will be available later,with it Vita is perfect for me

125 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0293sec    0.47    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:08 PM