Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Frauds/Scams/Incident Related to Jobs/Careers, Welcome to read and share

views

jack2
post Dec 10 2022, 09:44 AM

Mr
All Stars
14,361 posts

If you search online remote job, there are a lot. Are they scam?
Coconutmaldive1
post Dec 27 2022, 09:28 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(Jackstar @ Feb 17 2021, 02:09 PM)
I'm wondering how do people find Hays recruiters?

Hays recruiter will usually find you. One of the recruiter approached me at LinkedIn and asked for my resume. Since I am a freshie with no experience I blindly gave it to her. Next day they called me for a short phone interview and invited me to a group interview with the company. All of this happened within a week which was a big red flag.
Do they waste your time by sending your resume to clients before showing you the job description?

Yes this is true. I only got to know the job description one day before the group interview.
Do they share the actual salary only at the late stage of the hiring process?

For my case, the recruiter shared the salary since I asked her during phone interview.
Can they be honest with anything they say when they are paid huge commissions by getting you hired?

Do not trust these recruiters. They are definitely doing these for their commission and KPI.
Do they force and try to brain wash you to accept a job offer even when you feel it may not be suitable?

Yes they will. Because they know that job market is bad (especially for freshie like me), they will persuade you and manipulate you into a job that is unrelated to your background and technical skills. FYI I am an engineering graduate and she manipulated me to try out a sales position.
I have wasted so much time, might have been my fault for not being decisive enough to quickly reject everything they say, took a long time before I realised I was being controlled through brain washing.

Same thing happened to me! Please don't feel guilty because the recruiters are definitely manipulating you. I realised this and decided not to go to the group interview. I told her via email and clearly stated that I am not going. She called me and still tried to persuade me. When she asked me why, I told her that I don't like the working hours and the salary. While I was talking she didn't say a word and hung up the phone just like that (she was damn pissed lol). That was the last I heard from her.

In my opinion, the recruiter was very desperate and have very low empathy. They will appear professional and nice to you because they just want to make sure you follow their job application process. Whether you are suitable for that role, it is not their problem. Their concern is to make sure you attend the interview and get their commission.
DO NOT TRUST RECRUITERS FROM HAYS MICHAEL PAGE

Similar experience last time. sad.

Coconutmaldive1
post Dec 27 2022, 09:30 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(Arnold Hooi @ Mar 1 2022, 05:28 PM)
This has been ongoing for so long.
I once tried texting them to find out more, when reached the end part the person will ask u to bank in deposit in order to set up system, so sohai - no logic at least come la with a smarter excuse haha
Should call Triumphfx sales ppl. They need to find people to buy their scam TFX coin. now 20 sen. cheap cheap
SUSKopistore
post Dec 28 2022, 06:35 AM

Getting Started
105 posts

Those Facebook ads work from home 4 figure salary can trust ka ?

57 Pages « < 55 56 57Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0136sec    0.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:04 PM