Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

75 Pages « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »  
RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [WTS] FireStorm Ignition Coil Booster, Faster throttle response + acceleration (Performance Parts)

jerrygys
post Dec 16 2011, 07:55 PM

Group: New Member

Peter! =) got my unit today! =)

immediately installed in my myvi 1.5....

later will assist my friend's alza!

Maybe my car too new.... Can't really feel anything yet. But will definitely update about the performance later!!! VROooom! =D
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
farakz
post Dec 17 2011, 12:31 AM

QUOTE(flashaholic @ Dec 16 2011, 06:16 PM)
Hi Steven

Have you managed to install the FireStorm Booster yet based on the instructions I gace to you this afternoon?

Cheers.
hi Peter, is there any way that the FireStorm is not working? how to check is it really workin or not? do u test it b4 u send? Cz u know i installed it on my spectra.. i drove it. i felt that it has results. but when i took it off..i felt the same with normal fuse.. im confused... how do i check myself the booster is working or not? cz i know there is the improvements, but i cant differentiate my feelings. just want to check the booster on some kind of devices like in your video..what i can use to check it? is there anyway thaht booster can be spoiled?
+Quote Post
ALeUNe
post Dec 17 2011, 02:43 AM

I'm the purebred with aristocratic pedigree
Group Icon
Group: VIP

I have used this for many weeks now.
I guess it's time for me to say something about this.

This thing does indeed provide a smoother acceleration to my car.
However, it doesn't save fuel in my car, not even 1% of fuel saving.
i just came back to JB from KL.
I had been cruising more than 700KM along the North-South highway.
I tested it on both rural and urban driving in the past few weeks.
I don't have heavy right foot.
I used RON95 fuel from Caltex and Esso.

Does it worth the money?
For me, yes it's worth the money for that smoother acceleration.

+Quote Post
flashaholic
post Dec 17 2011, 10:41 AM

QUOTE(jerrygys @ Dec 16 2011, 07:55 PM)

Maybe my car too new.... Can't really feel anything yet. But will definitely update about the performance later!!! VROooom! =D
Hi Jerry

Thanks for the feedback.

Irregardless of new or old car, there is a difference after the installation. My advice is to use the FireStorm Booster for the whole of next week then after Christmas, remove it and drive for a few days.

This is so that you would get used to the FireStorm Booster's difference and then back to your normal car performance.

Give it a go and let me know at the end of this month. OK?

Cheers.

+Quote Post
sctan1986
post Dec 17 2011, 10:51 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(ALeUNe @ Dec 17 2011, 02:43 AM)

Does it worth the money?
I think for light foot driver , its bring minimal effect since you dun often press pedal for quick acceleration.
Its bring big impact for heavy foot driver because now they dun need press pedal to gain same effect as before.
For my feedback, my little car engine dun often " chok " during drive low on 3rd gear.
For Fc , i still monitoring tongue.gif
+Quote Post
flashaholic
post Dec 17 2011, 10:54 AM

QUOTE(farakz @ Dec 17 2011, 12:31 AM)
hi Peter, is there any way that the FireStorm is not working? how to check is it really workin or not? do u test it b4 u send? Cz u know i installed it on my spectra.. i drove it. i felt that it has results. but when i took it off..i felt the same with normal fuse.. im confused... how do i check myself the booster is working or not? cz i know there is the improvements, but i cant differentiate my feelings. just want to check the booster on some kind of devices like in your video..what i can use to check it? is there anyway thaht booster can be spoiled?
Hi Farakz

As advised to jeryygys, use it for 1 week then remove it after Christmas and drive without it to compare.

This "feeling" thingy or what we call "butt-dyno" is very subjective and differs from every individual. Some people are more sensitive towards their car performance while others are lesser.

This is why some people argue that only a dyno run will prove if a device works. In a certain sense I agree to this argument, however, in light that the price of this device is so much lower compared to other similar performance devices costing more than RM1000 and is less affordable plus that it is not universally adaptable to all car engines, I would say that the expectation for this simple device would have to be lesser than those costing more than RM1000 and quoting xx% of gains and xx% of fuel savings.

The FireStorm Booster is a good choice to upgrade the performance in terms of faster and smoother acceleration for the stock original car that has not gone through much or any modifications.

This device will save the user's money where in comparison to installing other aftermarket devices that will either void the warranty of the car and engine or cost a lot of money eg. exhaust manifold/header swap, removal of the catalytic converter or rear muffler box, replacement of high lift cams, injectors, throttle bodies, stroker kits, piggyback ECUs, bolt-on turbos etc.

It is undeniable that to get huge performance gains, the above modifications are the way to go but that costs a huge amount of money and also makes the engine a fuel guzzler.

You can try to remove the fuse at the back of the FireStorm Booster and insert it again a few times to ensure that there is good contact between the fuse and its connector. Do this likewise for the Booster's wire connector to the fuse socket, then run this device for 1 week and after Christmas Sunday, remove it and drive another week and see if you feel any difference in the acceleration and gear changing during your normal driving style.

Sometimes many people expect a huge surge of power from this device, but I am sorry to say that this is not what the FireStorm Booster is designed for. It is designed to give a smoother and slightly faster acceleration and because it gives a more complete combustion of the air-fuel mixture, there would be slightly more power squeezed out from the air-fuel combustion and this will help with the smoother acceleration as well that on automatic gearboxes, the gear changes are faster and less auto gear change or kick down when climbing up slopes or hilly terrain.

Please let me know in 2 weeks time after you have driven 1 week with the Booster installed and 1 week without the Booster.

Cheers.

This post has been edited by flashaholic: Dec 17 2011, 05:31 PM
+Quote Post
flashaholic
post Dec 17 2011, 11:10 AM

QUOTE(ALeUNe @ Dec 17 2011, 02:43 AM)

Does it worth the money?
Hi Simon

Thanks for providing your review.

Yes, you received your FireStorm Booster probably on 18th of last month so that's a month of use on your ACR50.

As with all power boosting devices, the gains will be the difference in acceleration and in which case should work out to more fuel savings since the smoother and faster acceleration would mean lesser foot work on the accelerator pedal hence the fuel savings bonus.

However, in start-stop town and urban runs, there would be minimal to no mileage gains fromthe FireStorm Booster as the amount of petrol wasted in traffic congestion and crawling in town.

Highway runs, especially on long stretches should see more savings, however, this again depends on the "right foot" factor. Hehe.

I always tell my customers in person that after fitting any power boosting device, the urge to feel the thrill of a smoother and faster acceleration always gets us to jab the accelerator pedal a bit more than normal and in the first few weeks or even months for some, as they are happy with the acceleration factor and so the fuel saving factor is not seen.

The final million dollar question for everyone who has purchased the FireStorm Booster and has had it installed in their car is:

Is it worth the money for the smoother acceleration and fuel gains bonus OR I am happy with the slightly better performance even though without any fuel gains from this device as Simon has mentioned here.

Then again, if you've never tried, you'll never know.

Cheers.

This post has been edited by flashaholic: Dec 17 2011, 10:36 PM
+Quote Post
trxx7989
post Dec 17 2011, 11:34 PM

Hi Peter,

Here is my review. I'm comparing it with my existing V-Manage & FireStorm Booster.

Faster Acceleration, gear change smoothness is the same as V-Manage. FireStorm Booster is running cooler compare to V-Manage. I can feel my engine running more smoother & silence also, as for torque 'FSB' perform slightly lower compare to v-manage because of the different voltage generated between both of them. (V-Manage 16.1vdc max, FSB 14.5vdc max) Voltage recorded for my car only. It's strongly recommended for stock to mildly modify car. You won't feel on heavily modifier as written by Peter. Surprisingly this gadget can squeeze out extra 20km even i had added 5kg into the car during testing period.

In short:
FireStorm more suitable for Stock to mildly modified car. (i.e. High flow Air Filter, Iridium plug, lighten pulley & etc)
V-Manage is suitable for heavier modified car.

Driving on non-stop or long range definitely will save more.

Tested using BHP RON95 on 1ZZFE
+Quote Post
han_cake5369
post Dec 18 2011, 12:30 AM

please pm me the price plus postage to Batu Gajah,Perak for my Toyota Liteace KM36
+Quote Post
ezue75
post Dec 18 2011, 01:10 AM

hi peter, remember me. just install on my car rclxms.gif , but gone on the next day cry.gif till now still not found yet. never feel the performance cry.gif cry.gif
+Quote Post
flashaholic
post Dec 18 2011, 03:01 PM

QUOTE(trxx7989 @ Dec 17 2011, 11:34 PM)
Hi Peter,

Here is my review. I'm comparing it with my existing V-Manage & FireStorm Booster.

Faster Acceleration, gear change smoothness is the same as V-Manage. FireStorm Booster is running cooler compare to V-Manage. I can feel my engine running more smoother & silence also, as for torque 'FSB' perform slightly lower compare to v-manage because of the different voltage generated between both of them. (V-Manage 16.1vdc max, FSB 14.5vdc max) Voltage recorded for my car only. It's strongly recommended for stock to mildly modify car. You won't feel on heavily modifier as written by Peter. Surprisingly this gadget can squeeze out extra 20km even i had added 5kg into the car during testing period.

In short:
FireStorm more suitable for Stock to mildly modified car. (i.e. High flow Air Filter, Iridium plug, lighten pulley & etc)
V-Manage is suitable for heavier modified car.

Driving on non-stop or long range definitely will save more.

Tested using BHP RON95 on 1ZZFE
Jimmy, Thank you so much for your review and comparison with the V-Manage.

Added on December 18, 2011, 3:07 pm
QUOTE(ezue75 @ Dec 18 2011, 01:10 AM)
hi peter, remember me. just install on my car  rclxms.gif , but gone on the next day  cry.gif  till now still not found yet. never feel the performance cry.gif  cry.gif
Hi Ezue

Are you using the FireStorm Booster in your Wira or was it Kancil that you were testing out earlier on?

An easy way to find out is to remove the FireStorm Booster and drive your car for a few days without it, then install the Booster back in again and see if there is any difference.

Please let me know after you have done this for 2-3 days.

This post has been edited by flashaholic: Dec 18 2011, 03:07 PM
+Quote Post
ezue75
post Dec 18 2011, 05:15 PM

my car gone on the next day la bro. install in my wira.
+Quote Post
flashaholic
post Dec 18 2011, 05:22 PM

QUOTE(ezue75 @ Dec 18 2011, 05:15 PM)
my car gone on the next day la bro. install in my wira.
Huh? You mean the car stolen? Or borrow by friend?

+Quote Post
flashaholic
post Dec 18 2011, 05:39 PM

QUOTE(han_cake5369 @ Dec 18 2011, 12:30 AM)
please pm me the price plus postage to Batu Gajah,Perak for my Toyota Liteace KM36
PM sent. Please check your PM Inbox.
+Quote Post
flashaholic
post Dec 20 2011, 03:22 PM

QUOTE(jerrygys @ Dec 16 2011, 07:55 PM)

Hi Jerry, thanks for your recommendation to Lawrence for his Alza. Just sent out to him by Poslaju. Cheers.
+Quote Post
IAnK
post Dec 22 2011, 05:22 PM

just got my unit ystdy. I must say im quite impressed with such a small product, it gives real result! Gear shifting is much smoother, which really helps on the driving exp. compared it with my vs, i can say the result of the firestorm is much better. Climbing hill is much easier... Haha... Good stuff.. No need to hesitate.. Real good stuff here! Goos job pete!
+Quote Post
flashaholic
post Dec 22 2011, 05:50 PM

QUOTE(IAnK @ Dec 22 2011, 05:22 PM)
just got my unit ystdy. I must say im quite impressed with such a small product, it gives real result! Gear shifting is much smoother, which really helps on the driving exp. compared it with my vs, i can say the result of the firestorm is much better. Climbing hill is much easier... Haha...  Good stuff.. No need to hesitate.. Real good stuff here! Goos job pete!
Hi Ian

Thanks for your positive feedback.

I'm glad its working out so well for your car.

Merry Christmas.
+Quote Post
KiFuRi
post Dec 22 2011, 09:29 PM

Getting Started

Pm me best price + postage to selangor... Many good feedback... Gonna give it a try... rclxms.gif
+Quote Post
flashaholic
post Dec 22 2011, 10:06 PM

QUOTE(KiFuRi @ Dec 22 2011, 09:29 PM)
Pm me best price + postage to selangor... Many good feedback... Gonna give it a try... rclxms.gif
PM sent. Please check your PM Inbox. Cheers.
+Quote Post
hyundaielantra
post Dec 27 2011, 03:37 PM

I got it for my Elantra 1.8 thumbup.gif

The review for last week:-

1. Not much different on fuel consumption because used most of the time in town.

2. Can feel the different directly after you plugged it in to the fuse box (you might feel a little bit hard to start for the 1st and 2nd times, but don't worry after that you will feel the smoother start up). Some products claim that you need to wait for 1 week or you need to plugged it in to the main cigarrate point, tell you what, THAT'S SUCKS!!!

3. Smoother gear changed and better power unleashed for every gear point, became very sensitive and when the time the car is underpower, it will changed to lower gear smoothly.

4. Better torque and RPM climbed up easily: Don't believe? You can get a straight road and do a 100% throttle, definately can feel the different before and after.

Actually at the beginning, I don't really believe FIRESTORM can performed like this. But somehow after I tried, I can only said it's really over my expectation. Really worth to get it, good product and thanks to Peter to brought it to us thumbup.gif
+Quote Post

75 Pages « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0750sec    3.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 12:43 AM