124 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Mechanical Keyboard Club V3, For Gamers and Typist Enthusiasts

views

kEazYc
post Jun 23 2011, 12:42 PM

Regular
1,314 posts

QUOTE(songwillie @ Jun 23 2011, 08:35 AM)
Been reading up on Mechanical keyboard, and got myself interested in getting one! Especially the NKRO feature.
Does storm88 knows the store which sells the Ducky 9008 Shine? If yes, I'm interested to know!

At first I set my mind at the Xarmor U9BL-S, which is a Cherry Brown switch, quiet type. But I had to import it myself from US.

I wonder what is the type of switch for The Ducky Shine, and I'm sure buying local is much better than getting it overseas... I won't have to cry if any problem happens to my keyboard wink.gif
Just to let you know cherry brown isn't silent at all.. biggrin.gif
BlueBerry~
post Jun 23 2011, 01:42 PM

I play Dota 2
960 posts

Brown isnt silent? They feel pretty silent to me.
WSL999
post Jun 23 2011, 03:00 PM

Getting Started
170 posts

Hi I'm looking for a good keyboard as I type a lot daily.

Any recommendation?

Thanks!
low yat 82
post Jun 23 2011, 03:06 PM

tried to b vegan, but never success :P
4,042 posts

QUOTE(WSL999 @ Jun 23 2011, 03:00 PM)
Hi I'm looking for a good keyboard as I type a lot daily.

Any recommendation?

Thanks!
blue switch, lol.

Added on June 23, 2011, 3:07 pmi mean black widow or wait for d ducky comes malaysia. alot blue switch

This post has been edited by low yat 82: Jun 23 2011, 03:07 PM
WSL999
post Jun 23 2011, 03:07 PM

Getting Started
170 posts

LoL, Blue Switch? Apa macam

Added on June 23, 2011, 3:07 pmIs it available in Low Yat market?

This post has been edited by WSL999: Jun 23 2011, 03:07 PM
SUSHuman10
post Jun 23 2011, 03:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,774 posts

QUOTE(BlueBerry~ @ Jun 23 2011, 02:42 PM)
Some ppl cant/hard to not bottom out when typing(due to brown's lightness) and thus producing lots noise. Also, plate-mounted one seems to be more quite too(provide you dont bottom out).

Added on June 23, 2011, 3:11 pm
QUOTE(WSL999 @ Jun 23 2011, 04:07 PM)
LoL, Blue Switch? Apa macam

Added on June 23, 2011, 3:07 pmIs it available in Low Yat market?
As mentioned above, the most common or easy to find MKB with blue switch is Razer Black Widow. Soon, Ducky is joining in too. If you really want the perfect/better experience with blue switch(and your budget/pocket allowed you), go for FILCO, a brand which known to have really good quality(though some ppl still met problems with their FILCO).

This post has been edited by Human10: Jun 23 2011, 03:11 PM
WSL999
post Jun 23 2011, 03:15 PM

Getting Started
170 posts

My budget is around RM1500. Not gaming keyboard.

Seriously for typing keboard.
SUSHuman10
post Jun 23 2011, 03:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,774 posts

QUOTE(WSL999 @ Jun 23 2011, 04:15 PM)
My budget is around RM1500. Not gaming keyboard.

Seriously for typing keboard.
Wao, that's really a insane and decent budget. May be you can be the first of us(Malaysian) to own the highly(may be over? not sure...) rated TOPRE. Go google up for REALFORCE and HHKB Pro. The cheapest one will at least cost RM700 already, which stop all of us here. According to the users, it feel like rubber dome but with high quality and most of its users do like it.

If you are an old-school keyboard users, may be you can go for IBM Model M which using buckling spring in it. It is both noisy(clicky) and quite heavy but many old school typist prefer it over any kb in the market today. There is only 2nd-hand one available though as the product had being EOL for a long time already. There might be some in EBAY/Taobao which is still New In Box but it is really expensive and no point to pay till such extend(unless you really like it? sweat.gif ). For aesthetics(or may be limited work space) wise, there is a Space Saving Model of IBM Model M which is even more rare than Full Size IBM Model M and thus more expensive.

They are both available from Taobao.

But b4 that, go LYP and give those Cherry Switches a try(red, blue, black and brown). If it is fine with you, then just settle down with it. Most ppl do like at least one of the 4 cherry switches(cherry clear not available in malaysia and less prefered mostly) but I am not satisfied with my Cherry Blue and Cherry Brown yet wink.gif , may be if got chance want to give black or red a try.

Also, can I know do you prefer a linear(straight and smooth) keyboard or tactile(feel a bump from the keys to your fingers) keyboard?

This post has been edited by Human10: Jun 23 2011, 03:45 PM
WSL999
post Jun 23 2011, 03:42 PM

Getting Started
170 posts

Interesting, but it's not available in Low yat market as far I'm concern.
WSL999
post Jun 23 2011, 03:47 PM

Getting Started
170 posts

Ok fair enough.. In the mean time any decent keyboards at Low yat? The IBM keyboard you mentioned at least..biggrin.gif

WSL999
post Jun 23 2011, 03:58 PM

Getting Started
170 posts

I see. Which shop has a wide extensive selection of keyboard? Will check out this weekend. Tqvm

TSCyclonechuah
post Jun 23 2011, 04:11 PM

(  ̄ c ̄)=c |。◕‿‿◕。|
1,726 posts

QUOTE(WSL999 @ Jun 23 2011, 03:58 PM)
I see. Which shop has a wide extensive selection of keyboard? Will check out this weekend. Tqvm
currently i don't think there's any shop that specialize in mechanical keyboard selling, you can find Filco, steelseries, razer and try the demo in Lowyat. For Ducky and Leopold, they are not available yet in malaysia, since pending stock arrival.

if you want to test out leopold Black, Brown, Blue and Red, i am always welcome you to taiping, perak where we can meet in some shop, and i could let you try 4 types of the keyboard to see which one suits you the best.
westley0214
post Jun 23 2011, 04:14 PM

Enthusiast
860 posts

Any idea when will Ducky arrive in Malaysia? Very interested to get my hand on one. TQ!
kEazYc
post Jun 23 2011, 04:42 PM

Regular
1,314 posts

QUOTE(BlueBerry~ @ Jun 23 2011, 01:42 PM)
I have a neighbour that complained to me the next day that i press my keyboard too loud in the midnight after i just bought my Filco, so i guess this should answers you. smile.gif
And yes i can hear the key pressing sound even with my 7H on.

This post has been edited by kEazYc: Jun 23 2011, 04:46 PM
sniper69
post Jun 23 2011, 04:45 PM

.: One Shot One Kill :. .+|Level 9 Type Shit|+.
7,173 posts

ollo all...!

my Logitech G15 v1 just died on me, after almost 7 years being abused again, again and again. yeah, i'm a heavy gamer with lots of FPS game installed doh.gif laugh.gif

now, lurking for G15 v1 replacement and been eyeing for any gaming keyboard available, if not G510 might be opt to mechanical keyboard.

so, i'm very new into mechanical keyboard and what should i check/see when purchasing a mechanical keyboard?

no, i don't mind the click clack sound, the louder, the better.
kEazYc
post Jun 23 2011, 04:49 PM

Regular
1,314 posts

QUOTE(sniper69 @ Jun 23 2011, 04:45 PM)
ollo all...!

my Logitech G15 v1 just died on me, after almost 7 years being abused again, again and again. yeah, i'm a heavy gamer with lots of FPS game installed doh.gif laugh.gif

now, lurking for G15 v1 replacement and been eyeing for any gaming keyboard available, if not G510 might be opt to mechanical keyboard.

so, i'm very new into mechanical keyboard and what should i check/see when purchasing a mechanical keyboard?

no, i don't mind the click clack sound, the louder, the better.
You have to know what type of switches that suit your taste, there are few types of switches available in the market, you may have to check the first post for the infos.

As for what people recommended for FPS players, are the black switches, due to its softness (well for me), and you will feel like your fingers is floating on the keyboard while you're doing those intense movement in-game.

But since you prefer something that's loud click clack click clack, you may consider the blue switches which is tactile and clicky.
SUSHuman10
post Jun 23 2011, 05:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,774 posts

QUOTE(kEazYc @ Jun 23 2011, 05:49 PM)
You have to know what type of switches that suit your taste, there are few types of switches available in the market, you may have to check the first post for the infos.

As for what people recommended for FPS players, are the black switches, due to its softness (well for me), and you will feel like your fingers is floating on the keyboard while you're doing those intense movement in-game.

But since you prefer something that's loud click clack click clack, you may consider the blue switches which is tactile and clicky.
Just some information, not everyone like the bump(or double tap) of blue switch. FPS is more recommend to go for linear switch(black, red and may be brown cz it is quite linear).

However, if blue is fine with you, then just go for it.
kaiserreich
post Jun 23 2011, 05:16 PM

Pendekar Papan Kekunci
4,234 posts

@WSL999

Generally, the jump from rubber domes to Topre is pretty subtle compared to a jump from Domes to Cherry MX/ALPS, so getting a Topre without trying the rest is not a really good idea.
If you get poisoned , RM1500 is not enough for keyboards, but if you only need one, take your time to try them out, and see which one you like, since you can pretty much buy any keyboards, except them custom made ones or the Optimus.

You type too hard. Try to not bottom out

This post has been edited by kaiserreich: Jun 23 2011, 05:17 PM
zandara
post Jun 23 2011, 05:22 PM

Ohio
1,195 posts

QUOTE(kaiserreich @ Jun 23 2011, 05:16 PM)
@WSL999

Generally, the jump from rubber domes to Topre is pretty subtle compared to a jump from Domes to Cherry MX/ALPS, so getting a Topre without trying the rest is not a really good idea.
If you get poisoned , RM1500 is not enough for keyboards, but if you only need one, take your time to try them out, and see which one you like, since you can pretty much buy any keyboards, except them custom made ones or the Optimus.
You type too hard. Try to not bottom out
RM 1500 is more than enough to test out all the Cherry MX switch which is what im doing now. biggrin.gif
Currently collected 3 switches keyboard which is black(arrive soon tongue.gif), blue, and brown.
Will wait for Leopold red switch im still able to get one
kaiserreich
post Jun 23 2011, 05:33 PM

Pendekar Papan Kekunci
4,234 posts

QUOTE(zandara @ Jun 23 2011, 05:22 PM)
RM 1500 is more than enough to test out all the Cherry MX switch which is what im doing now. biggrin.gif
Currently collected 3 switches keyboard which is black(arrive soon tongue.gif), blue, and brown.
Will wait for Leopold red switch im still able to get one
That's why I advise him to make sure he don't get poisoned.
My collection is growing

Model M
Model M SSK
Brown Duck tongue.gif
NTC with green simplified ALPS, free from my mother's office.
AT101W with black ALPS

124 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0243sec    0.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:58 PM