Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Confinement Lady, Recommendations

views

my-gunni-sack
post Dec 30 2011, 02:47 PM

1 posts

Regarding the angpow for confinement lady, how much do you guys give for the angpow?
Gary1981
post Dec 31 2011, 01:06 AM

Regular
1,610 posts

QUOTE(DiapersM @ Dec 26 2011, 08:47 PM)
My confinement lady charging me RM3.5k for 30 days. Is that the standard price now or will it be too expensive?
Inclusive ang pow?

Added on December 31, 2011, 1:07 am
QUOTE(my-gunni-sack @ Dec 30 2011, 02:47 PM)
Regarding the angpow for confinement lady, how much do you guys give for the angpow?
I'll give rm100..

This post has been edited by Gary1981: Dec 31 2011, 01:07 AM
pennie23
post Dec 31 2011, 01:05 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(DiapersM @ Dec 26 2011, 09:47 PM)
My confinement lady charging me RM3.5k for 30 days. Is that the standard price now or will it be too expensive?
Hi there, I think a standard service given will only be 28 days. Not 30 days, better check with your CL. A range between rm3.2k- rm3.6k exclude ang pao is quite common rate now. Normally ang pao will be around rm200.... Hope the information help...
happylife_v_apple
post Dec 31 2011, 02:14 PM

4 posts

Here to share my experience.

I engaged the CL on Nov11. Her cooking was ok & quite sayang my baby but she is bit rough, my new pots all become old
pots & spoil my rice cooker & my kitchen is dirty.

We talked on phone few month ago that the confinement fees is RM3200 angpow RM100. But when the 28th day she left, she requested RM3300+RM100 angpow. We don't have black & white, so i gonna pay her RM3300+RM100. Somemore
she left on the 28th day morning 11am. I requested her to stay til noon 1-2pm she refuse!
justin_nys
post Dec 31 2011, 02:35 PM

Regular
1,192 posts

Another horroric CL.... :S Same as mine...all the pots and pans rosak especially the Tefal coating ones.....damn it
happylife_v_apple , you shouldn't have paid her the extra RM100!! Consdering she destoyed all the expensive kitchen wares and she broke her agreement of RM3200 CL fee!
Gary1981
post Dec 31 2011, 09:36 PM

Regular
1,610 posts

Mine still got 7days left to end 28days...so far I'm ok with this CL. Her end date is 6th Jan, so she will leave 7th Jan morning.
So far she bring food and water up for wife, every morning mop floor downstairs and alternate mop upstairs too. So far any comments frm us that not satisfy, she will follow. Wash and cook for husband too...
thepirate
post Jan 9 2012, 08:16 PM

48 posts

yeah CL always encourage bottle feed because then baby will tend to sleep longer, but long run breast milk is the best. We have had 2 differnet CL for our 2 kids, both were pretty good, each with their own pros and cons, although i realise that a lot of them tend to be hakka, so if you are looking for one, try asking in hakka areas medicine shop i guess?? anyway, these days, a few friends and cousins also having babies, from what i gather, the "market" rate may be 3.3k plus angpow, but if you do want a good one, be prepared to offer up to 5k the moment you see her, i even heard of them accepting the job at 3.3k then turning it down and returning the money! too much competition from mothers to be in singapore, australia, uk, canada, etc
DiapersM
post Jan 11 2012, 05:09 PM

32 posts

All those staying in countries with higher currency exchange rate tends to spoil the market for those locals in Malaysia. Aiyah!!!
miffybear
post Jan 25 2012, 10:02 PM

1 posts

To share some bad experience. My CL only last for 3 days. Her service is ok but not honest in fact very greedy. I booked her 2 months before my EDD which fall on early December. Actually I wanted to book another CL but her booking is fully, so she recommended me this CL call “LAN” Jie. Total package was 3300 plus 200 angpao. I paid her RM500 to secure her service.

My nightmare arise
1) she called me back 2 days later after RM500 deposit ask me to bank in RM200 in advance for her to pay the recommendation fees to the other CL which recommended her to me. So I did.
2) My baby was born 2 weeks early due to last minute schedule for caesarean. I called her up few days before my operations, she was giving me an excuse that she needs to go back to home town for some family reunion dinner. I was to kind hearted so I stay in hospital one more day to fit CL schedule.
3) On the arrival day, she came around 8pm, giving me excuse that raining heavily unable to come out from house. She wanted to come next day but i refused and insisted she come on the same day.
4) On the 4th day, around 11pm++, she knocked my bedroom door complaining that she has serious gastric pain which she told me she often has the pain. So my husband drove her to the 24hrs clinic and the medical charge was RM150. Due to the seriousness the doctor wrote a letter for her to admit to hospital. Around 1am my husband drove her to the KTM station and her son pick her up.
5) On the next day I called her up, she told me she was admitted to the hospital. And she unable to continue to do my confinement. So recommended me her sister to help up but she told me her sister has no experience being a CL but has help up doing for family member only. Being that so, I feel no confident and ended up calling MIL to help out.
6) After the 2 months later I tried to call her up to settle the money issue. I call few times never answer phone ended up my husband use office phone then she answer the call. She was giving a lot of crap excuses said she admitted to hospital, mother passed away, her son’s maid passes away. She said she got stone in her stomach which causing her pain. I ask her to calculate deposit since she work for 3 days and the RM150 medical bill. She told me she worked for 5 days which including the day she arrived at 8pm and the day she left around 1am. This was not fair I told her how about medical, she said the employer suppose to pay. I told her if she is having fever or any injury that happens in my house I dun mind paying but the cause was the stone in her stomach. So ended losing 700 + 150. I also dun bother to ask anymore I treat it as charity.

For those who are engaging CL, please take note of this ‘Lan’ Jie from Kajang, mid 40s, a bit plump, length hair of her hair slightly shorter than shoulder and highlighted in red, talk very fast. Her phone number is 016-9695361. Please avoid her. Too bad I dun managed to capture her photo! Else i will upload her photo. And i called back the earlier CL who recommended her to me, to my surprise she never receive any recommendation fees from her. So May God Bless Her Well!

justin_nys
post Jan 30 2012, 03:05 PM

Regular
1,192 posts

Another Confinement Lady horror story....sends chill to my spine as you reminded me of ours ...lol
Anyway, let bygones be bygones....don't let it affect your mood and enjoy your new born wink.gif
jamince
post Feb 1 2012, 02:23 PM

Getting Started
114 posts

hi all, i'm a new mommy-to-be. would you all suggest to get a CL from confinement centre or private?
I need more suggestion as i know this year most CL would be fully booked.
dare2join
post Feb 8 2012, 02:47 PM

22 posts

I am mum-to-be as well and EDD is June 2012.

First of all, I am not the type of person can accept stranger easily, some more have to stay together for 1 month.
However, thinking of all the chaos after birth, I really need someone that can help me and my in-law especially during the 1st month.
This would be my first child and I could not imagine how complicated and how difficult the situation would be.

Anyone knows if there is any service that can provide only confinement food include the delivery?
At least this would not tired up my in law too much, they just need to focus on the baby.

How much would it be?
Is there any minimum order like only 1 week or 1 weeks?
leonamanutd
post Feb 8 2012, 04:21 PM

33 posts

QUOTE(dare2join @ Feb 8 2012, 02:47 PM)
I am mum-to-be as well and EDD is June 2012.

First of all, I am not the type of person can accept stranger easily, some more have to stay together for 1 month.
However, thinking of all the chaos after birth, I really need someone that can help me and my in-law especially during the 1st month.
This would be my first child and I could not imagine how complicated and how difficult the situation would be.

Anyone knows if there is any service that can provide only confinement food include the delivery?
At least this would not tired up my in law too much, they just need to focus on the baby.

How much would it be?
Is there any minimum order like only 1 week or 1 weeks?
Where do you live? If you live somewhere KL then you can get just the food service from http://www.shlcares.com/services.htm

Added on February 8, 2012, 4:23 pm
QUOTE(jamince @ Feb 1 2012, 02:23 PM)
hi all, i'm a new mommy-to-be. would you all suggest to get a CL from confinement centre or private?
I need more suggestion as i know this year most CL would be fully booked.
If you cannot get a good CL, it will be good to use Confinement Agent to get one for you. My previous CL was from agency and she was very good. I also book last minute due to the first one fly kite last minute. Thank God for a good CL in the end. I am having my 2nd child soon and will be using the same CL again.

This post has been edited by leonamanutd: Feb 8 2012, 04:23 PM
ahpoh
post Feb 8 2012, 11:41 PM

Casual
376 posts

my aunt is highly recommend, people would call her from Dubai, Singapore. and she make you you are well taken care of. cooking you will not be eating same food everyday, each time, or day cook different thing that even me never eat before
alexisowl
post Feb 9 2012, 12:03 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(ahpoh @ Feb 8 2012, 11:41 PM)
my aunt is highly recommend, people would call her from Dubai, Singapore. and she make you you are well taken care of. cooking you will not be eating same food everyday, each time, or day cook different thing that even me never eat before
ah poh, what is your aunty's number?? need it ASAP. thanks!
jamince
post Feb 19 2012, 01:20 PM

Getting Started
114 posts

QUOTE(ahpoh @ Feb 8 2012, 11:41 PM)
ahpoh, can i have ur aunty's name n hp too?

i actually found 1 but i'm not sure if she's good and dono if she can schedule her time well. she alrd has 1 to take care on 2/8, but my EDD is 29/8. if mine is earlier or hers is late, then our date will be crashed. but she still said can accept my case.
calvint78
post Feb 20 2012, 12:07 PM

Getting Started
110 posts

Sharing my experienced of this nice, pleasant, humble CL.
My location at at jb anyway. CL was introduce by my wife relative which has used her service beforehand and got alot of positive feedback. So without hesitate, fast hand fast leg book her dont let her runaway.
Come the date my wife delivery my precious daughter, i call this CL to inform her to standby and go fetch her after my wife n daughter was discharged from hospital reach home.
As usual of a CL of her experienced, she cook the food the chinese ppl eat 1 lar. But due to instruction from my in-law, every morning breakfast is always the same. Lunch, dinner and tea time will be alternate type of food.
-Once a-week my in-law will bring CL to morning market to stock up the food, the reason bring her alone is because easy for her to choose the food/vege/meat of her choice.
-she handle the baby with so much care like her own grand daughter.
-always at night after baby sleep, she will sharing her do's and don'ts with my wife( give tips ),
-midnight wake up feed my baby, petting, change diaper, talk to my baby.
-she do house keeping also, whole house is so clean. I dont expect her to clean my house.
-at night, whatever she cook, i will eat with her. I treat her like my own house family.
-she wash all cloth except my cloth only. anyway i dont mind wash my own cloth.
-she cook some formula soup which can enhanced the breast milk, as she very encouraging my wife to breast feed 100% and tell my wife to breast feed for a year. Indeed my wife did breast feed my baby for 1 year.
-as my house is double story, u all imagine the trouble to walk up and down to bring food, hot water for my wife.
Anyway she voluntarily extent for another 1 more week as she say she go home also got nothing to do. ok. What had begin, will come to end. Is time for her to leave after the confinment.
The day she left, she still cook the last breakfast and lunch for my wife and feed my baby, prepare a lot of thing for us for the next few day routine which we will do ourself.
When i drive her back, i can see her teary eye. I can feel she love baby a lot. What to do , life must go on. She will handle alot baby after my baby.
She told my wife to engage her again if happen to had a second baby in future which we promise her we will definitely would.
Her service is RM2800. Not include ang bao for pick her up (Rm100) and sent her home (Rm100). Additionally i pay her extra Rm500 because i totally very satisfied with her service. I dont have any single complain against her.
As my wife now in 4th month pregnant, we did call her 2 month ago to book her but was told that she cant service us anymore as her leg had give up d. too bad.
Lanelle
post Feb 21 2012, 04:15 PM

32 posts

Calvint78,

Mind to share with me ur CL name and contact no? My EDD is on 30th September 2012.

Thanks.

wink.gif

QUOTE(calvint78 @ Feb 20 2012, 12:07 PM)
Sharing my experienced of this nice, pleasant, humble CL.
My location at at jb anyway. CL was introduce by my wife relative which has used her service beforehand and got alot of positive feedback. So without hesitate, fast hand fast leg book her dont let her runaway.
Come the date my wife delivery my precious daughter, i call this CL to inform her to standby and go fetch her after my wife n daughter was discharged from hospital reach home.
As usual of a CL of her experienced, she cook the food the chinese ppl eat 1 lar. But due to instruction from my in-law, every morning breakfast is always the same. Lunch,  dinner and tea time will be alternate type of food.
-Once a-week my in-law will bring CL to morning market to stock up  the food, the reason bring her alone is because easy for her to choose the food/vege/meat of her choice.
-she handle the baby with so much care like her own grand daughter.
-always at night after baby sleep, she will sharing her do's and don'ts with my wife( give tips ),
-midnight wake up feed my baby, petting, change diaper, talk to my baby.
-she do house keeping also, whole house is so clean. I dont expect her to clean my house.
-at night, whatever she cook, i will eat with her. I treat her like my own house family.
-she wash all cloth except my cloth only. anyway i dont mind wash my own cloth.
-she cook some formula soup which can enhanced the breast milk, as she very encouraging my wife to breast feed 100% and tell my wife to breast feed for a year. Indeed my wife did breast feed my baby for 1 year.
-as my house is double story, u all imagine the trouble to walk up and down to bring food, hot water for my wife.
Anyway she voluntarily extent for another 1 more week as she say she go home also got nothing to do. ok. What had begin, will come to end. Is time for her to leave after the confinment.
The day she left, she still cook the last breakfast and lunch for my wife and feed my baby, prepare a lot of thing for us for the next few day routine which we will do ourself.
When i drive her back, i can see her teary eye. I can feel she love baby a lot. What to do , life must go on. She will handle alot baby after my baby.
She told my wife to engage her again if happen to had a second baby in future which we promise her we will definitely would.
Her service is RM2800. Not include ang bao for pick her up (Rm100) and sent her home (Rm100). Additionally i pay her extra Rm500 because i totally very satisfied with her service. I dont have any single complain against her.
As my wife now in 4th month pregnant, we did call her 2 month ago to book her but was told that she cant service us anymore as her leg had give up d. too bad.
Tigerr
post Feb 21 2012, 04:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,026 posts

QUOTE(justin_nys @ Oct 8 2011, 11:19 AM)
Guys...please share the CL name as you will help fellow forumers to avoid using the same useless Confinement Lady.

My wife just gave birth last Wednesday and we got a confinement lady recommended by my aunt....althought I wouldn't call it a disaster, but she did a few things that really pissed me and my wife off..From this experience, I concluded that we should always research and interview the Confinement lady prior to confirming her. A lot of these confinement ladies are not educated, from kampung and take pride in their YEARS of experience (YET some don't even know what the heck is sterilization before putting anything to baby's mouth!)

Her name is Mei Juan and she's from Segamat, Johor , in her 30s+ and charges RM3500 excluding ang pow. Sigh, don't know why my aunt recommend her...must be a friend or her friends I guess..silly me to simply accept without screening. I talked to her on the first day and she told me that she has not gone to school before and it was her first time coming to KL...and her previous experiences on the job is at Johor and Singapore. She also said she hates doing confinement for Singaporians because they're very particular...(In my heart I was like, I'm going to have the same expectation as the singaporian)
1. She likes to hold our baby with one hand, then use the other hand to hold the hot flask and make milk.  We suspected that she accidentally pour a bit of hot water on her legs as our baby suddenly cried so loud but we when questioned her, she said it's the hot milk bottle that accidentally touched her. Once we saw her holding our baby to the kitchen to stir the food that she was cooking!!

Holding with one hand is not wrong, just make sure the arm dont leave a big gap or opening. I also can hold my baby with one hand and it is some technic.

2. Keep feeding baby with water although my wife breast feeds our baby. Our baby has jaundice (420+) and after the phototherapy, the doctor told us that we should keep feeding baby with breast milk and let her pass motion...but the confinement lady kept giving water to our baby which fills up our baby's stomach...
somemore when our baby was looking really yellow, the CL kept said it's normal...must bath the baby in yellow water (something that they sell in the chinese medicine shop) and drink more plain water.

3. She bought a white powder and wanted to feed our baby on the day 2. I asked her what's that and she said it's to prevent angin or colic. Then I saw her taking an unsterilized spoon and she mixed the powder with water with her fingers!! What the hell man....Tried to stop her but when it was too late when I realized she did that...

4. Cook something called "Huang Jiang Ji"...not sure what is that but sure looks like curry chicken to me! and it's damn spicy.....can someone in confinement eat super spicy stuff? Please correct me if my understanding is wrong......new papa here..

I guess what you meant here is the ginger drink. Yes, there is such drink and it is good for the mother. Some can take it, some may not.

5. Didn't wash the milk bottle properly after each use...when I open up the bottle I could still smell milk in there....so end up I have to wash it again...

6. My wife has been pumping and storing breast milk, and it's not easy task and every ounce is precious...then everytime she will tell us to heat up an amount that our baby cannot finish! We knew that our baby can only drink 2 ounces, and if sometimes when she's really hungry, we will top up abit by making 1 ounce of formula milk because we didn't have enough breast milk back then...now as the breast milk production increases, we store more ounces and the confinement lady asked us to use up everything in one storage....and if baby cannot finish it, she said put back the bottle in the fridge!! Can we keep back "contaminated" milk in the fridge for later consumption?
Having said that, generally she's quite a nice person and helpful....but I guess she's used to doing things with her methods she used in kampung which I find it quite unacceptable (especially putting unsterilized spoon into her mouth on baby's 2nd day after birth) ....We're counting down to her last day and we'll bid her good bye!
When we have our 2nd child, we will not use any more confinement lady...better I gao dim myself since I'm used to doing house chores anyway!
The rest, no comment.
joey_liong22
post Feb 29 2012, 12:15 PM

33 posts

Hard to look for Confinement Lady for this DRAGON year...
Such a hot plate.. Tried to call few contact .. ALl fully booked... sad.gif

24 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0207sec    0.80    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:58 PM