Confinement Lady, Recommendations

views

TSnairud
post Dec 28 2010, 01:55 PM, updated 6y ago

One Leg Kick Ultra
Group Icon
Staff
7,529 posts

Any confinement lady that is highly recommended by you? do state it here including info like where, cost, what's included in the package and overall review of the CL's services.
auhckw
post Dec 28 2010, 02:25 PM

Regular
1,008 posts

Recommend tarak.. but would like to share what I experienced through...

QUOTE(auhckw @ Oct 28 2009, 10:20 AM)
I am currently having a bad confinement lady. Most likely going to terminate her early this weekend.

Reasons:-
-Hold baby one hand, use the other hand make milk. So dangerous. Tell her we help hold baby, she said nvm.

-Don't allow us to breast feed our baby until I got pist and tell her off. She replied, if you want, you take the baby and feed him yourself. This made my baby now seems to reject his mother's breast cause he is used to bottle already. My wife is quite upset.

-When wife is trying to breast feed her baby, she came and take baby away and bottle feed him.

-She used pacifier without our permission.

-Baby eyes got yellowish thingi coming out. She used her hand to wipe it out. When asked her to use cotton, she said nvm.

-Baby got jaundince and we said we have to bring him see dr. She said nvm why go. Lucky I went, my baby nearly have to change blood because of her.

-She always say nvm to the things we suggest, but when she say things we must do.

-She wanted to feed baby herb / chinese powder. I said no, she keeps grumbling.

-At night 10pm, no more hot water for my wife to wash hand, brush teeth, clean face. She is either sleeping or watching tv.

Added on October 28, 2009, 10:22 amMy advise,

If you want to breast feed... tell the confinement lady before confirming her.

You can buy powder and pacifier for just in case, but hide it. Don't let her see it.

Get reference from people who actually had tried her. My mistake was neighbor's friend recommendation. Failed!
DarkNite
post Dec 28 2010, 04:36 PM

ФĻĐ ИΞШB!Ξ
All Stars
11,040 posts

QUOTE(nairud @ Dec 28 2010, 01:55 PM)
Any confinement lady that is highly recommended by you? do state it here including info like where, cost, what's included in the package and overall review of the CL's services.
Bro, you are where?
TSnairud
post Dec 28 2010, 04:43 PM

One Leg Kick Ultra
Group Icon
Staff
7,529 posts

PJ lo... or Ipoh.

moorish
post Dec 28 2010, 11:17 PM

Material Girl
1,874 posts

I found my confinement lady from another baby site "mead johnson" came highly recommended by many forumer there.

Mui Jie - 016-394-5709, Just as what others mention she is very professional, very knowledgeable, very experience , she fully encourage breast feeding, cooks good food, very attentive, take care of my baby with endless midnight calls, she is so caring to the stage that in the first 2 weeks when I wanna eat or drink she will bring everything to my bed and later bring a bowl of water for me to wash my hands, I told her no need la, but the first week I really needed that kinda care coz getting out from bed with the stitches really hurts a lot.

Her price then was a bit expensive, RM3.3k not inc ang pow, she works 28 days only. The good part is after that we became good frens as I call her often for tips and advises, I was a real noob with baby things, so she was our lifesavers. She would drop by every saturday night and see how is everything until she got another assignment. Very responsible confinement lady.

Highly recommended, but beware, her service doesnt come cheap and you've to booked her 6 months in advance as a schedule is very tight.
TSnairud
post Dec 29 2010, 12:05 AM

One Leg Kick Ultra
Group Icon
Staff
7,529 posts

then too bad liao.

change of plans and now i gotta find confinement lady where my wife EDD is mid feb
MakaiKnight
post Dec 29 2010, 05:48 PM

Getting Started
93 posts

CNY wor.....all in celebration mood. Not easy to find confinement lady
uniquesoul
post Dec 29 2010, 06:47 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

Yeah,,on cny, CL will charge double.
adri4n
post Dec 30 2010, 01:12 AM

Running in Circles... Going No Where
1,846 posts

my wife EDD on 31st Jan.. just barely few days before CNY.. engaged one (finger crossed) hopefully she's good enuff for the price i pay

28 days.. ** ka-ching** cost me rm 6,000
andreafayming
post Dec 30 2010, 01:17 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(moorish @ Dec 28 2010, 11:17 PM)
I found my confinement lady from another baby site "mead johnson" came highly recommended by many forumer there.

Mui Jie - 016-394-5709, Just as what others mention she is very professional, very knowledgeable, very experience , she fully encourage breast feeding, cooks good food, very attentive, take care of my baby with endless midnight calls, she is so caring to the stage that in the first 2 weeks when I wanna eat or drink she will bring everything to my bed and later bring a bowl of water for me to wash my hands, I told her no need la, but the first week I really needed that kinda care coz getting out from bed with the stitches really hurts a lot.

Her price then was a bit expensive, RM3.3k not inc ang pow, she works 28 days only. The good part is after that we became good frens as I call her often for tips and advises, I was a real noob with baby things, so she was our lifesavers. She would drop by every saturday night and see how is everything until she got another assignment. Very responsible confinement lady.

Highly recommended, but beware, her service doesnt come cheap and you've to booked her 6 months in advance as a schedule is very tight.
Hi,
RM 3.3 k is normal i guess. wow.. u r so lucky to get such a good CL.
Do u know how much she will charge for CNY period?

moorish
post Dec 30 2010, 10:20 AM

Material Girl
1,874 posts

QUOTE(adri4n @ Dec 30 2010, 01:12 AM)
my wife EDD on 31st Jan.. just barely few days before CNY.. engaged one (finger crossed) hopefully she's good enuff for the price i pay

28 days.. ** ka-ching** cost me rm 6,000
yea on CNY they charge double, a close fren of mine EDD 24 Jan, she got one after nego is 5.5k.

QUOTE(andreafayming @ Dec 30 2010, 01:17 AM)
Hi,
RM 3.3 k is normal i guess. wow.. u r so lucky to get such a good CL.
Do u know how much she will charge for CNY period?
I've no idea how much she'll charge but I dun think so you can still booked her as my fren tried her EDD is 24 Jan and she has to get somewhere else. I've heard so many ppl with horrible experience with CF lady, so I make sure I do my homework b4 engaging one. Mead johnson site was a life saver then, help me skip a lot of problem. Thats why I've requested Mod to hv a parenting/BB section to help others here.

This post has been edited by moorish: Dec 30 2010, 11:04 AM
vam
post Dec 30 2010, 10:27 AM

Casual
370 posts

abit off topic .... if my wife's EDD is on 27th feb ... shud i expect the date to be 2 weeks earlier? (was told it shud be 2 weeks earlier from the EDD by few friends) -- is it true?
and if its on CNY .... really everything double charged???

but .. lucky for me ... my mum / MIL both can do confinement for me ...

This post has been edited by vam: Dec 30 2010, 10:29 AM
moorish
post Dec 30 2010, 10:39 AM

Material Girl
1,874 posts

QUOTE(vam @ Dec 30 2010, 10:27 AM)
abit off topic .... if my wife's EDD is on 27th feb ... shud i expect the date to be 2 weeks earlier? (was told it shud be 2 weeks earlier from the EDD by few friends) -- is it true?
and if its on CNY .... really everything double charged???

but .. lucky for me ... my mum / MIL both can do confinement for me ...
usually the chances are higher on the earlier 2 weeks than the later 2 weeks. Lucky you!!! can save a lot of money.
abubin
post Dec 30 2010, 12:17 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

there used to be a company called peiling which provide confinement services. However due to their management problem, this company has closed down. Luckily I used their service before the have problem.

From my experience, those confinement lady who are good usually go work in Singapore. The pay is so much higher after the exchange rate. Those who are left in Malaysia are either substandard quality or those who do not want to travel.

When you get introduced, make sure to ask for credentials from previous employer. Ask around if possible.

There is this confinement lady I got for my first baby which is absolutely professional and good. She usually go to Singapore but just that during my time she was around.
TSnairud
post Jan 4 2011, 10:36 AM

One Leg Kick Ultra
Group Icon
Staff
7,529 posts

Found one CL already from a confinement centre. they do send out their ppl to houses for 24/7 work

cost Rm3k but if during CNY from 1st to 6th day of CNY, it's RM5k.

i hope they're good enough but i got the assurance from the owner that if we don't like the CL, can change anytime.
andreafayming
post Jan 22 2011, 04:12 PM

0 posts

I'm in the mid of my confinement period.. just past 10 days and the stupid lady already driving me crazy!!!

she reject this and tat n giv me eat those food which I cannot eat!!! stupid !!! I don't know coz my first time!! then my mum in law come back n ask me what I hav today and then I told her I had pumpkin.. then she say omg I can't take tat!!! coz got wind n will cause my wound infection:-(.. crazy !!!

still got lot to complaint about her!! but lazy to say and all I can say is even u hire a confinement lady pls set all the rules and job scope for her and hav someone (mum) to observe her..

I already very tired n need rest but now I need to worry what she is doing!! I got to install CCTV next week to monitor her!! she say getting crazy n paranoid but actually I'm paranoid about her!!!!!
zephyros
post Jan 24 2011, 08:04 PM

29 posts

got her name?
mellem
post Jan 25 2011, 03:05 PM

21 posts

hello! as per some of the above advise, please
1. get direct reference from previous employers
you must hear from their real experiences. also judge from what they do. don't just hear they say good good then you ok. you should ask how she prepares milk, how she cleans baby, how's her cooking/hygiene etc.
2. make sure both agree to terms and condition set by both sides. let her know what you expect from, what you must have and can't have
ie. my neighbour came across one who sucked, in less than 2 weeks, sent her off but she insisted for half month salary saying they caused her lost of other bookings due to booked by neighbour. mind you, she already got Rm500 deposit in the first place
3. as for monitoring her while on the bed...you can try iMon not so pricy and portable/wireless...baby monitor with visual and sound...later you can use to watch your baby in the baby room. one monitor can pair up to 4 cameras. i use that. approach http://www.facebook.com/mnmkidz for enquiry.

stupidbump
post May 10 2011, 10:17 AM

ẴẸǬÜITẴŞ
952 posts

Any good CL with reasonable charges to recommend?
Bandar Utama area...EDD is on 6/8/2011
sunflower808
post May 10 2011, 04:21 PM

3 posts

I have a suggestion here, may be u can find someone know how to cook the confinement food.(if you are stay with mother or in law during this period)

Ask that women just come and cook for morning, afternoon and night + help baby shower, wash our cloth. Follow my case, it's cost about RM 1,000-RM 1,500 ( she my in law's friend)

Then we are take baby ourself loh. Although it's will very tired....tired and tired.....
but also a good train ourself and get experience to learn how to take care of baby.

24 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0198sec    0.62    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 02:41 PM