Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

PC logitech z5500/z680/z5450 thread, all about logitech speakers thread

views

exergy
post Sep 8 2005, 02:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,079 posts

QUOTE(jasonlim @ Sep 8 2005, 02:13 AM)
tht's not the way 2 use ur speaker..full volume n bass shakehead.gif it will hurt ur speaker alot
QUOTE(Joseph Hahn @ Sep 8 2005, 07:27 AM)
It will hurt your brains and intestines too. sweat.gif
i see 'young' people [that are older than me] driving around in their cars with the bass so loud i can hear them inside my car, boom boom boom boom. i can feel the beats going through my heart. i wonder what the hell theyre listening to. whats the point, thats not music, its just noise. we dont live in the stoneage, we can differentiate and appreciate a good voice, instruments and and 'music'. we didnt go through 5000 years of civilisation just to listen to mono beats. doh.gif

This post has been edited by Silon: Sep 8 2005, 02:25 PM
Infinity
post Sep 8 2005, 05:56 PM

no limit
Group Icon
Elite
3,001 posts

QUOTE(Silon @ Sep 8 2005, 02:23 PM)
i see 'young' people [that are older than me] driving around in their cars with the bass so loud i can hear them inside my car, boom boom boom boom. i can feel the beats going through my heart. i wonder what the hell theyre listening to. whats the point, thats not music, its just noise. we dont live in the stoneage, we can differentiate and appreciate a good voice, instruments and and 'music'. we didnt go through 5000 years of civilisation just to listen to mono beats.  doh.gif
i accept SPL as another category in the audio world... i won't say they are neither uncivilized nor stoneage... SPL sees SQ as ppl who don't appreciate BASS while SQ sees SPL ppl who don't appreciate sound quality smile.gif who is wrong and who is right depends on which angle u r looking at...

FYI, back in the 5000 yrs of civilisation... they already have live surround smile.gif the jungle is just full of those sounds
vickyrao
post Sep 8 2005, 06:07 PM

Regular
1,531 posts

wat soudn card r u using???n u dun put bass to full volume la...50% enuf la...my z5500 also i onli put at 30%

i used to use z680 first version...not the updated decoder one....still no problem except the crack sound on the center speaker la...that one normal...but no woofers can tahan at full volume la....limit abit la..pity ur neighbours....i blasted my z680 last time at 8pm....volume onli at 70% woofer @ 40% n surround @ 50% n police at my door liao la...
cloud8318
post Sep 8 2005, 08:06 PM

7 stars still not enough lah!!!!
4,016 posts

QUOTE(dhouseng @ Sep 7 2005, 01:38 AM)
halo. i got problem with my z-680 i bought a week ago. after breaking in for few days, i started to play high bass song with subwoofer volume max, system volume max, then speaker volume only at 50%... then i heard some rattling sound (kRRk kRRk KRRk) from the speaker. at 40% the speaker still sound sweet n can shake my table.

so is my speaker defective or all malaysian z-680 also like this? kinda worried because my z-640 still in lowyat being repaired becoz got rattling sound even at low volume.
this is not the way to use ur PC sound system, u can't push the BASS to MAX. sad.gif
one thing u got to know, what u using is PC sound system not HOME sound system.
u can't push ur PC sound system to get the SPL like ur HOME sound system.
get it?

blah1134
post Sep 9 2005, 12:25 AM

On my way
563 posts

z680 is not good enuf for u la ......
u should get a home theater set .. .with THX certified ..... since u like THX so much... laugh.gif
exergy
post Sep 9 2005, 12:37 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,079 posts

QUOTE(Infinity @ Sep 8 2005, 05:56 PM)
i accept SPL as another category in the audio world... i won't say they are neither uncivilized nor stoneage... SPL sees SQ as ppl who don't appreciate BASS while SQ sees SPL ppl who don't appreciate sound quality smile.gif who is wrong and who is right depends on which angle u r looking at...

FYI, back in the 5000 yrs of civilisation... they already have live surround smile.gif the jungle is just full of those sounds
are theyre appreciating good bass or are they just chasing a flawed illusion of 'power' from speakers? highly distorted and overly boomy bass with no substance?

we all have our preferences, i guess thats what makes us different from one another.

yes, thats precisely my point. the ultimate goal of a speaker is to reproduce sound as realistically and as closely to the original as possible. we didnt advance so many years to listen to the beatings of low frequencies.

QUOTE(vickyrao @ Sep 8 2005, 06:07 PM)
wat soudn card r u using???n u dun put bass to full volume la...50% enuf la...my z5500 also i onli put at 30%

i used to use z680 first version...not the updated decoder one....still no problem except the crack sound on the center speaker la...that one normal...but no woofers can tahan at full volume la....limit abit la..pity ur neighbours....i blasted my z680 last time at 8pm....volume onli at 70% woofer @ 40% n surround @ 50% n police at my door liao la...
wow, youre neighbours called the police?! hmmmm you must have really annoyed them thumbup.gif

QUOTE(cloud8318 @ Sep 8 2005, 08:06 PM)
this is not the way to use ur PC sound system, u can't push the BASS to MAX. sad.gif
one thing u got to know, what u using is PC sound system not HOME sound system.
u can't push ur PC sound system to get the SPL like ur HOME sound system.
get it?
so a HT system's bass settings should always be pushed to the maximum? laugh.gif

cloud8318
post Sep 9 2005, 02:53 AM

7 stars still not enough lah!!!!
4,016 posts

QUOTE(Silon @ Sep 9 2005, 12:37 AM)
so a HT system's bass settings should always be pushed to the maximum?  laugh.gif
oh, my mistake, what i mine is HT without pushed the bass to the max, u can get more SPL than PC sound system.
Infinity
post Sep 9 2005, 04:54 PM

no limit
Group Icon
Elite
3,001 posts

QUOTE(Silon @ Sep 9 2005, 12:37 AM)
are theyre appreciating good bass or are they just chasing a flawed illusion of 'power' from speakers? highly distorted and overly boomy bass with no substance?

we all have our preferences, i guess thats what makes us different from one another.

yes, thats precisely my point. the ultimate goal of a speaker is to reproduce sound as realistically and as closely to the original as possible. we didnt advance so many years to listen to the beatings of low frequencies.
wow, youre neighbours called the police?! hmmmm you must have really annoyed them� thumbup.gif
so a HT system's bass settings should always be pushed to the maximum?� laugh.gif
good point there ! u said it all... so how is thunder suppose to sound ? and the real blast of a cannon should be able to be heard a couple of houses away (as if it's shooting from your house)... if your system is capable of producing realistic sound... it should sound damn loud smile.gif

my point being is... SPL is part of the system... without the necessary SPL... ur thunder might sounds like a dog bark...

now you awaken the neighbour... this has to be something to do with sound damping... which is a different issue... if u have a vacuum wall around ur room... u will get total sound isolation biggrin.gif ... but that will cost a bomb... which is why i mention a total different issue...

and who said about enjoying distorted bass ??? those are inefficient and bad design/manufacturing... and about maxing the sub... a good sub should allow u to push to the max without distortion in sound or watsoever... whether u should push to max or not is another subjective issue... if the thunder u r hearing isn't as real as it is... u turn it up...

This post has been edited by Infinity: Sep 9 2005, 04:56 PM
Tachikoma
post Sep 9 2005, 04:57 PM

Dot
2,863 posts

I remember reading something on head-fi.org about the system volume settings, and they recommend leaving it at maximum because its a digital volume control. You'll lose a little detail by leaving it at anything but maximum. I don't think you should leave the bass settings at max though, aren't the Z-680s boomy enough as they are?
aaronpang
post Sep 9 2005, 05:13 PM

Cat Exterminator
1,973 posts

Try stuffing socks into the phase plug it should help reduce some distortion... imo anyway ohmy.gif

Also keep stuff away from the sub to avoid rattling... I can't stop my roof from rattling tho sweat.gif

Your audio source is also a factor coz some low sampling mp3's sound terrible.
exergy
post Sep 9 2005, 06:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,079 posts

QUOTE(Infinity @ Sep 9 2005, 04:54 PM)
good point there ! u said it all... so how is thunder suppose to sound ? and the real blast of a cannon should be able to be heard a couple of houses away (as if it's shooting from your house)... if your system is capable of producing realistic sound... it should sound damn loud  smile.gif 

my point being is... SPL is part of the system... without the necessary SPL... ur thunder might sounds like a dog bark...

now you awaken the neighbour... this has to be something to do with sound damping... which is a different issue... if u have a vacuum wall around ur room... u will get total sound isolation  biggrin.gif ... but that will cost a bomb... which is why i mention a total different issue...

and who said about enjoying distorted bass ??? those are inefficient and bad design/manufacturing... and about maxing the sub... a good sub should allow u to push to the max without distortion in sound or watsoever... whether u should push to max or not is another subjective issue... if the thunder u r hearing isn't as real as it is... u turn it up...
i guess in addition to a massive blow of low frequency sounds, there is also medium to high frequency sounds. sweat.gif

i guess here is where we find the difference between systems designed more for HTs and cinemas and systems designed more for audio. in an enclosed environment, recordings can be recorded closer to a point of perfection [if there is any laugh.gif] and thus, an excellent set of speakers would be able to reproduce sound very closely to the original. if youre watching a movie, it'd be harder to capture the sounds of those horses' footsteps thumping on the ground around you [ala LOTR thumbup.gif ], right?

in terms of music, im fine if the purpose of adding more bass is to reach a personal preference but i dont see how putting the bass to the maximum settings would be logical. music just werent intended to be listened to this way.

lets say if the recorded sound of the thunder you mentioned is perfect, no flaws whatsoever, just exactly like the original, a good set of speakers [wheter designed for HTs or audio] should be able to give you the same sense of power, right?

[at this point, id suspect the HT/cinema system being a culprit because theyre tuned to give an 'extra' boost in bass, correct me if im wrong... sweat.gif ]

id enjoy a speaker that can go really low and produce super tight notes at moderate and medium bass levels, not pushed to the maximum, distorted or not. an overwhelming amount of bass [just like an overwhelming amount of highs and lows] would jsut spoil the rest of the song, right?

QUOTE(Tachikoma @ Sep 9 2005, 04:57 PM)
I remember reading something on head-fi.org about the system volume settings, and they recommend leaving it at maximum because its a digital volume control. You'll lose a little detail by leaving it at anything but maximum. I don't think you should leave the bass settings at max though, aren't the Z-680s boomy enough as they are?
apparently not laugh.gif
g5sim
post Sep 10 2005, 05:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,472 posts

try trance or club music subwoofer vol 50% overall vol 50% . if the prob still persists, send the system to the dealer (not the shop), they replaced mine with a new one .. i EXPLODED mine. until got chemical smell coming out of the circuit board. dont want to say what i did with the speaker ..
g5sim
post Sep 10 2005, 05:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,472 posts

BTW - they replaced the new one on the spot .. don't even have to come back another day ... sumore got 3y warranty .. letup kau-kau the last few month .. AND DAMMMMMMMN Z680 is now selling for RM999 . I bot mine at RM1450 few years back
Leozak
post Sep 13 2005, 02:22 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

Correct me if I am wrong, but it's not exactly wireless rite?

You still need to connect the rear speakers to a power source rite?
exergy
post Sep 13 2005, 02:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,079 posts

QUOTE(Leozak @ Sep 13 2005, 02:22 PM)
Correct me if I am wrong, but it's not exactly wireless rite?

You still need to connect the rear speakers to a power source rite?
yeap. frankly, i dont see how a single wire to the sub can be such a hard thing. doesnt power wires just cause the same problems? huh.gif
terencetoo
post Sep 13 2005, 04:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,246 posts

hey guys~

I have Z680 now..can i know what is the difference between Z5500 n Z680? worth of upgrading ? Since both speakers have the same power output of 500W just the Master controller different...

So any other recommandation on it?

CHeers~
exergy
post Sep 13 2005, 06:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,079 posts

i recommend a Gigaworks [as a fanboy, as an owner and as a person who has read comparisons between it and the 5500 tongue.gif]. no other recommendations on the 5500 except if you need its internal decoder.
n|c#o[L]a^s
post Sep 13 2005, 10:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,134 posts

Logitech Z-5450

Picture worth a thousand words. wink.gif
exergy
post Sep 13 2005, 10:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,079 posts

ah, so its officially out laugh.gif
well, they dont look like much, and theyre suggested to retail at 500USD. my ar$e. ill get a gigaworks again and again anyday shakehead.gif
kianwee
post Sep 13 2005, 11:24 PM

Cube
6,561 posts

QUOTE(g5sim @ Sep 10 2005, 05:14 PM)
BTW - they replaced the new one on the spot .. don't even have to come back another day ... sumore got 3y warranty .. letup kau-kau the last few month .. AND DAMMMMMMMN Z680 is now selling for RM999 . I bot mine at RM1450 few years back
Where and who is the dealer?

103 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0234sec    0.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:02 PM