Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> CONMAN ChocolateChipCookies GRAPHIC PLAYGROUND, HILMI AL GUFFRAN 016 2093744

DT89
post Nov 14 2010, 12:48 AM, updated 14y ago

Getting Started
156 posts

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
CONMAN !!!! Hilmi Al Guffran CONMAN !!!!

PICTURES OF HIM AND RELATED

Lyn User ID :

ChocolateChipCookies
STFUmofos
GraphicPlayground

NAME : Hilmi Al Guffran

Apartment Address: A604, Bloick A, 6th floor, De Rozelle Condo. Seksyen 10 Kota Damansara, Selangor.

CONTACT Details :
+60122773744 / +60162093744Graphic Playground
graphicplaygroundonline@gmail.com

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=115451505143634

Bank Accounts :
CIMB - 12520063655527
MAYBANK - 164397972023

Some info about Hilmi Al Gruffan :
- Hilmi Al Gruffan.
- About less than 170cm Height.
- Night before COD, I smsed enquiring about his sales thread, and on 2nd sms i said i was interested to buy from him and I asked for his location and he replied " F*CK YOU b****" , so i said excuse me ? and his friend replied for him instead saying sorry this HILMI is drunk and his friend always takes care of his phone calls during his DRINKIN SESSION ALL THE TIME.
- Has a post selling IMMITATION Supra Shoes, and no replies from him as a TS after all the questioning it’s originality.
- Previously owned a DJ set with these speakers.

Conn Case : Behringer Truth B2031A Monitor Speaker Pair(RM 1000)

On November 12th , 6pm . I bought a Behringer Truth b2031A studio monitor speakers (RM 1000) from Hilmi ( ChocolateChipCookies ) At first when I was at his apartment to deal via COD, I gave the speakers a simple test on the floor in his living room run just to make sure that its working and there is sufficient volume coming out of it. But as soon as I reached home, and decided to set it up the speaker pairs for use with my mixing consoles, only then I realized it was muffled sounding. I tried many cables with the speakers and even made a pair of new ones just to be sure and also swap around with different audio interface. After all that, I tried the switches behind which turns on each speaker (tweeter & woofer) on the monitor itself and finally found out that the tweeters was already blown.

So I called him up the night itself on 12th November, but he seems ignorant and dint want to do anything about it and just keep pushing be to do more test spend more time on finding a solution for it my self. And then I called him again for the 2nd time after I repeat the same testing procedure, and I asked for a refund because its too much trouble for me and I’m having doubts already on this speaker ( I was suspecting a blown circuit in the power-amp section of the speaker). So he decided to give me a refund and schedule to meet me on the 13th November , 1pm at his place and settle the refund.

But on the day it self, at 12.15pm as planned I am already on my way there, and I text him and say I’m on my way , then he replies me and say that he’s not home and he cannot refund my money because its done, I took it home so its my problem now for me to deal with the repairs. After a few messages from me pushing him, he said that he will refund my money, but NOT TODAY.

"Its nak Faulty when u test run it at my place tho. Right? I can refund but not today. Already spend ur cash" quote Hilmi Al Gruffan a.k.a ChocolateChipCookies

WRONG, its already faulty even before i test run it at his place, It's just its hard to tell a speakers full working capacity in such condition and environment. Speakers on the ground while our ears are higher level than the accurate monitoring level of the tweeters projection range.

I continued pushing and insisting for my refund because I sense a huge amount of dishonesty in this seller and his last message saying

“I am not refunding ur money. That’s it. Please lodge a police report if you’re not satisfed. All I know that u did a test run, its working and u agree to buy” quote Hilmi Al Gruffan a.k.a ChocolateChipCookies

Now everyone, This speakers is sold to me by Hilmi claiming that its fully functional and in working condition with 3 days personal warranty stated on his post. According to the amp tech i brought it to for a check, he found a fried chip in the tweeter's power amp circuit.

By testing a speaker and hearing sounds coming out of it isn’t enough, because in a different and unfamiliar environment its quite hard to judge if both tweeters and woofers are fully functional, and it was on the floor not even providing a proper table and pc with cables to test it with ease, therefore I give this guy a benefit of a doubt trusting his words and I’ve decided to bring it home, which I was eventually fooled by him.

Note: These speakers were in HORRIBLE cosmetic condition too, so it does say a lot on how he takes care of his things and personality.

user posted image

An update:

I also forgot to mention that Hilmi Al Guffran (ChocolateChipCookies) Did not answer any of my calls when i called him to ask for an explanation of why is he backing out on his promise to refund. I tot of calling and speaking on the phone as it is more genuine. But this guy has only resort to answering my replies through smses. I don't for sure if he is too busy to answer my calls or he is AVOIDING my calls. Some of my calls were cancelled instantly TWO TIMES IN A ROW.

RELEVANT PICTURES to all 3 LYN ACCOUNT ID:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

ChocolateChipCookies Another Conman !
Hilmi Al Guffran
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

This post has been edited by DT89: Nov 15 2010, 08:26 PM
makaveli
post Nov 14 2010, 01:17 AM

Livin' la Vida Loca
1,484 posts

since Hilmi gave you 3day personal warranty on that item,and by evidence we can move this issue on.
please keep all his sms and reply both as hardcopy.
please send a link to Hilmi so that he can defend him self too.
im happy to listen on his side too.

and i understand,different environment does changes the ambient of the sound.and some of them you really cant fell which is live working or not.
but since you tested at his house,it was working properly.but how come after you brings back only this problem rise.
you done a mistake.i pm you what is that.....

Ts,just ignore his house environment that liquor and so on.Its modern now days.Everyone does.

DT89
post Nov 14 2010, 01:41 AM

Getting Started
156 posts

Pictures of Our smses :

ME : Attached Image

Hilmi : Attached Image

ME : Attached Image

HIS DRUNK REPLY, gave me a big shock as i din't know what was going on.
Hilmi : Attached Image

Hilmi's Friend : Attached Image

November 12th , NIGHT after COD in the Evening @ 6pm

Me : Attached ImageAttached Image

Hilmi : user posted image

Me : user posted image

After telling him that its faulty, I decided to get a refund, hilmi had agreed to meet me at his place at 1pm the next day 13th November. And i thought that maybe Hilmi is somewhat trustworthy after all. Keeping his word for a 3 day personal warranty.

November 13th

At 12.15pm, I was already on my way to his place with the speakers all packed up ready to get my refund.

He just denied my refund after the promise he made. Pushing it to me saying I have a warranty card from Behringer. Item is 1 1/2 yrs old, warranty has ended, and he did not even provide me a purchase receipt to begin with as a reference for warranty, but theres no use for a receipt afterall because warranty period is already over. So what happened to the 3 days personal warranty from Hilmi? And he only tells me when I told him I'm coming and I'm already on my way to his place at almost 1pm (meeting time for Refund)

THIS is clear evidence of Hilmi Al Guffran NOT KEEPING TO HIS WORDS. 2 PROMISES BROKEN(3 Days warranty, and schedule to meet up at 1pm but ended up saying he's not home.)

I ended up going towards his place afterall and waited there for 1 hour.

And then he replies , he said he will refund but NOT TODAY . Not TODAY ? So again he speaks of refunding it to me, but he doesn't have the money. So whats the deal here? Hilmi as a seller not being able to take responsibilities againts his words and action. Spending the money has got nothing to do with me. 3 DAYS personal warranty is what he stated clearly in his post, he should have kept the money UNTIL its passed 3 DAYS before spending it. Thats the right way to do things.

I supposed this guy isn't a very good business person afterall, DISHONESTY, IRRESPONSIBLE, UNRELIABLE.

This post has been edited by DT89: Nov 14 2010, 11:45 AM
ChocolateChipCookies
post Nov 14 2010, 12:12 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

A police report will be made regarding this thread later this evening. Mods, please advice.

- You test run the item at my place. It was in a working condition. You agree on buying the product. Thats it.
- A person social life should not intervene with this transaction. By posting such, you are literally humiliate me in such a way. I know there's an act under Malaysian law regarding this. Just so you know, by posting all my details, its a breach of my privacy.
- I don't want to post your SMS here although i feels intimidate with your "threat".
- I will consult the IO from this case, Commercial Crime division, and will keep fellow lowyat.net update.
- I suggest you remove everything about this as soon as i get the police report.
- I already suggest you to make a police report regarding this but you choose to humiliate me in this way. I will let the law enforcement take care of this.

Regards.
Hilmi

Added on November 14, 2010, 12:17 pm- 3 days personal warranty is not a niche statement. (I don't mean to twist the words here but since you choose to do it this way, I have my own agenda as well)
- I would suggest you remove my details including full name, pictures, address and background.

Will make a police report regarding it.

Regards,
Hilmi

This post has been edited by ChocolateChipCookies: Nov 14 2010, 12:17 PM
FallenOut
post Nov 14 2010, 02:19 PM

#eieiru
6,077 posts

just wanna know something

-its was in workin condition
hav u known bout the tweeter being blown n such prior to tis trade?

-wat does ur 3 days personal warranty covers?
ChocolateChipCookies
post Nov 14 2010, 02:57 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(FallenOut @ Nov 14 2010, 02:19 PM)
just wanna know something

-its was in workin condition
hav u known bout the tweeter being blown n such prior to tis trade?

-wat does ur 3 days personal warranty covers?
- The tweeter was not blown when it was with me, neither when TS try it at my place. Its still perfectly working. TS bought it back, test it at his place, and God knows what he did with the speaker (he might blast the speaker up, i'm assuming that!). Here's a situation example; Let say if you buy a new Hi-Fi system, would you blast it for the first time? I think you would, everyone would do the same.

- Bare in mind, he's a sound engineer. He make a living with sound! Could he not detect any blown tweeter, faulty or whatnot when he test-run it at my place?

- 3 days personal warranty doesn't mean one-to-one change or full refund. We did not have any mutual understanding on this.

Its a rule of thumb, everybody knows. Before you buy a product, you test it out, when you're satisfied, you buy it. And this is what happened. I let TS, try out the speaker, he agree to buy it. As simple as that.

Put yourself in my shoes, would u consider a refund? I admit I intend to refund at first, but come to think about it, it wasn't my fault at all. I even suggest him to lodge a police report if he thinks he's being conned. Im on the right side, i'm not afraid.

Btw, TS, attacking my personal life is so immature of you.

Thanks for reading
icon_rolleyes.gif
Cheers.
ChocolateChipCookies
post Nov 14 2010, 03:01 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

Mods, please look into this ASAP. Kindly refrain him from using my details. Thanks.

Regards,
Hilmi
makaveli
post Nov 14 2010, 03:30 PM

Livin' la Vida Loca
1,484 posts

Hilmi,please be cool.
But this is how Dt89 felt about you.
I really dont know why and what about this argument for.

Hilmi brother,can i know you gave 3days personal warranty,which i mean warranty on anythin happen's like internal cuircuit stated or rather.
On my every deal,i will see 1st on that item.
Let say electronic or electrical item,only 2-3 days max i will give.
But i just will tell them that personal warranty not covered if the person who handle's the item damage it with or without knowing how to..

But since DT89 already test the item at your place,and it works fine due to heavy techno bass that didnt allow DT89 to review back again on Mid and Tweeter output.

Bringing it to law enforcement not a good idea.
If possible,settle it here.This is LYN dispute thread.
So you guys can defend your self also here.

But Helmi brother,3days personal warranty seems so promising.
But why you dont want to cover it for him(DT89).

Mikeshashimi
post Nov 14 2010, 03:39 PM

10 Years on LYN
4,051 posts

My 2 cents:

1) It is not humiliating you Hilmi because you WERE drunk. Its proper facts, evidenced by your friend's reply that you were drunk. Hence it is not humiliating because it is part of TS's side of the story.
2) a personal warranty should not be treated as if it were nothing. a warranty is a warranty.
3) I do agree with you on the refund part, as when a seller lets a buyer test something, and the buyer takes it home, it is reasonable for the seller to be skeptical if there is any problem complained by the buyer after taking it home - thats why theres a warranty, a guarantee.
4) Probably a full refund is not needed but a 50% refund should suffice OR let the buyer provide a receipt of the repairs and you pay half, he pay half.
Dagger69
post Nov 14 2010, 03:39 PM

u no say?
1,196 posts

Yea man. Dont need to bring this to the authority.

Maybe dont need a full refund. Why dont you guys bring it for a repair and then solve the fees then? 50 - 50 or anything. I think that way is better than blaming each other here.

Added on November 14, 2010, 3:41 pm
QUOTE(Mikeshashimi @ Nov 14 2010, 03:39 PM)
My 2 cents:

1) It is not humiliating you Hilmi because you WERE drunk. Its proper facts, evidenced by your friend's reply that you were drunk. Hence it is not humiliating because it is part of TS's side of the story.
2) a personal warranty should not be treated as if it were nothing. a warranty is a warranty.
3) I do agree with you on the refund part, as when a seller lets a buyer test something, and the buyer takes it home, it is reasonable for the seller to be skeptical if there is any problem complained by the buyer after taking it home - thats why theres a warranty, a guarantee.
4) Probably a full refund is not needed but a 50% refund should suffice OR let the buyer provide a receipt of the repairs and you pay half, he pay half.
Exactly. A warranty is still a warranty. Please consider the suggestions given by Mike.

This post has been edited by Dagger69: Nov 14 2010, 03:41 PM
ChocolateChipCookies
post Nov 14 2010, 03:50 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(makaveli @ Nov 14 2010, 03:30 PM)
Hilmi,please be cool.

Hilmi brother,can i know you gave 3days personal warranty,which i mean warranty on anythin happen's like internal cuircuit stated or rather.
But i just will tell them that personal warranty not covered if the person who handle's the item damage it with or without knowing how to..

But since DT89 already test the item at your place,and it works fine due to heavy techno bass that didnt allow DT89 to review back again on Mid and Tweeter output.

Makaveli,

Im cool if he stop using my details. Fair enough? icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyway, let me quote what you said if you dont mind.
"But i just will tell them that personal warranty not covered if the person who handle's the item damage it with or without knowing how to.."
- Like I said, he's the one that blew the speaker/tweeter. Not me. I see no point of giving him my personal warranty when he was the one who blew it. What is it for me then?
- Everything was working perfectly when we test it. FYI, I gave him 'Kings of Leon - Use Somebody (Dezza Bootleg) & Jack Johnson - Only The Ocean to try the speaker with. It has a lot of Mid and High range. Youtube it! Not some fancy heavy techno like you said, or in this case, TS mentioned to you.
- He can definitely detect a faulty tweeter/speaker when we test it. After all, he's a sound engineer!
- Bringing the law enforcement if he didn't delete it within 24 hours. I will text him later.

- This arguments is going nowhere because its a clear cut that TS is at fault.

Regards,
Hilmi nod.gif

FallenOut
post Nov 14 2010, 03:58 PM

#eieiru
6,077 posts

QUOTE(ChocolateChipCookies @ Nov 14 2010, 02:57 PM)
- The tweeter was not blown when it was with me, neither when TS try it at my place. Its still perfectly working. TS bought it back, test it at his place, and God knows what he did with the speaker (he might blast the speaker up, i'm assuming that!). Here's a situation example; Let say if you buy a new Hi-Fi system, would you blast it for the first time? I think you would, everyone would do the same.

- Bare in mind, he's a sound engineer. He make a living with sound! Could he not detect any blown tweeter, faulty or whatnot when he test-run it at my place?

- 3 days personal warranty doesn't mean one-to-one change or full refund. We did not have any mutual understanding on this.

Its a rule of thumb, everybody knows. Before you buy a product, you test it out, when you're satisfied, you buy it. And this is what happened. I let TS, try out the speaker, he agree to buy it. As simple as that.

Put yourself in my shoes, would u consider a refund? I admit I intend to refund at first, but come to think about it, it wasn't my fault at all. I even suggest him to lodge a police report if he thinks he's being conned. Im on the right side, i'm not afraid.

Btw, TS, attacking my personal life is so immature of you.

Thanks for reading
icon_rolleyes.gif
Cheers.
my pioneer set still hasnt been blasted yet from mid to full volume
i dun wanna waste a few k just to blast it full n mayb left wit some broken items
bt tat is just me

bt seems
u didnt quite answer my 2nd question
wat did ur personal warranty entitled the buyer to

QUOTE(makaveli @ Nov 14 2010, 03:30 PM)
Hilmi,please be cool.

he nvr stated wat is his 3 days personal warranty entitles the buyer to
mayb its just to warranty for non workin or watsnot

ok
i just read ur previous reply

as tis is really goin nowhere
he can say u sold him a faulty item
u can claim he blasted the speaker n blown out the tweeter
its goin around in circles

why dun u both try to come to a conclusion to solve tis matter
u can text him n see how he reply

n next time in deals
pls state wat personal warranty entitles it to
since u claim both of u hav no mutual understanding on the warranty
it does make it an issue

This post has been edited by FallenOut: Nov 14 2010, 04:03 PM
makaveli
post Nov 14 2010, 04:03 PM

Livin' la Vida Loca
1,484 posts

QUOTE(ChocolateChipCookies @ Nov 14 2010, 03:50 PM)
Makaveli,

Im cool if he stop using my details. Fair enough?  icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyway, let me quote what you said if you dont mind.
"But i just will tell them that personal warranty not covered if the person who handle's the item damage it with or without knowing how to.."
- Like I said, he's the one that blew the speaker/tweeter. Not me. I see no point of giving him my personal warranty when he was the one who blew it. What is it for me then?
- Everything was working perfectly when we test it. FYI, I gave him 'Kings of Leon - Use Somebody (Dezza Bootleg) & Jack Johnson - Only The Ocean to try the speaker with. It has a lot of Mid and High range. Youtube it! Not some fancy heavy techno like you said, or in this case, TS mentioned to you.
- He can definitely detect a faulty tweeter/speaker when we test it. After all, he's a sound engineer!
- Bringing the law enforcement if he didn't delete it within 24 hours. I will text him later.

- This arguments is going nowhere because its a clear cut that TS is at fault.

Regards,
Hilmi  nod.gif
Cool
Brother Helmi,
If could,please try to settle it here.
After see this thread,he even also defend him self here.
So revealing his information also kinda ummpp..not a good idea,unless Helmi con you with amount of cash and ran away.

So all of us would like to wish DT89 could quote some of his words here on what he think.
As i see,most of forumer who wish to contribute in you guys disputed thread suggestting a 50-50 share on the repair.
But since Helmi also claim that DT89 blew those tweeter and midbass cuircuit . Shall it cover in personal warranty ?
Correct me if im wrong
ChocolateChipCookies
post Nov 14 2010, 04:07 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(Mikeshashimi @ Nov 14 2010, 03:39 PM)
My 2 cents:

Mike,

1. On my defense, saying "F... you b****" was meant for another person. Apparently he text me during my conversation with a friend on BBM. I get confused between BBM and MSG. Its a common mistake by BB user. And that has nothing to do with this at all. Psychologically, TS is getting empathy from readers to backup his so called conned case. Thats about it. Agree?
2. Warranty is a warranty. Yes I agree. But if he was the one the blew the speaker/tweeter, would you refund? Put yourself in my shoes.
3. I insist of not refunding his money nor paying for repairs because it is not my fault at all. He tried at my place, everything was perfectly working. Then at night, problems occur. If the speaker was faulty, he should know when he tried at my place. I let him try with his own AMP or whatnot. He's a sound engineer, he should know right?

So yes, I am not refunding his money and I insist him to remove all my details. I will notify him after I lodge a report regarding the abuse I get from him and the use of my details without my permission. Im considerate enough for not treating his SMS as a threat. But if this goes on, I will.

Put yourself in my shoes.

Regards,
Hilmi

Jas2davir
post Nov 14 2010, 04:07 PM

Casual
458 posts

why not take the speakers together with the ts to a technician and get a price quote to fix it, as far as i know speakers do not blow over 2 days, there must be something wrong somewhere, and personal warranty should not be limited to whims that you "believe" the ts broke the speakers, do the right thing, or your just another crook out to make some easy money.
ChocolateChipCookies
post Nov 14 2010, 04:13 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(makaveli @ Nov 14 2010, 04:03 PM)
Cool
Brother Helmi,
If could,please try to settle it here.
After see this thread,he even also defend him self here.
So revealing his information also kinda ummpp..not a good idea,unless Helmi con you with amount of cash and ran away.

So all of us would like to wish DT89 could quote some of his words here on what he think.
As i see,most of forumer who wish to contribute in you guys disputed thread suggestting a 50-50 share on the repair.
But since Helmi also claim that DT89 blew those tweeter and midbass cuircuit . Shall it cover in personal warranty ?
Correct me if im wrong
Exactly man. And TS is yet to reply any of this matter. All I want is for him to remove my details. Thats about it.

and no, I shall not take any responsibility due to TS mismanage the speaker.
ChocolateChipCookies
post Nov 14 2010, 04:21 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(FallenOut @ Nov 14 2010, 03:58 PM)
my pioneer set still hasnt been blasted yet from mid to full volume
i dun wanna waste a few k just to blast it full n mayb left wit some broken items
bt tat is just me

bt seems
u didnt quite answer my 2nd question
wat did ur personal warranty entitled the buyer to
he nvr stated wat is his 3 days personal warranty entitles the buyer to
mayb its just to warranty for non workin or watsnot

ok
i just read ur previous reply

as tis is really goin nowhere
he can say u sold him a faulty item
u can claim he blasted the speaker n blown out the tweeter
its goin around in circles

why dun u both try to come to a conclusion to solve tis matter
u can text him n see how he reply

n next time in deals
pls state wat personal warranty entitles it to
since u claim both of u hav no mutual understanding on the warranty
it does make it an issue
FallenOut,

What's with the warranty when he was the one that blew it? Dude, a simple example is when you overheat your portable stove or whatever electronic stuff, and it is at your fault, would you claim warranty to the manufacturer? Would the manufacturer refund the money or repair it for you when it is at your fault? I don't think so. If I want to con him, why didn't I delete the warranty at the first place? This arguments goes no where. I just want him to delete my details, that's it!

a13solut3
post Nov 14 2010, 04:22 PM

Whiner FTW!
1,673 posts

Sounds like this is another case where seller will not hold his words for 'personal' warranty, and a hidden agenda?

You do not have any proof that the speaker is alright before you passed it to buyer. He did mentioned that the cosmetic look of the speaker has been in terrible condition too.

ChocolateChipCookies
post Nov 14 2010, 04:24 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(Jas2davir @ Nov 14 2010, 04:07 PM)
why not take the speakers together with the ts to a technician and get a price quote to fix it, as far as i know speakers do not blow over 2 days, there must be something wrong somewhere, and personal warranty should not be limited to whims that you "believe" the ts broke the speakers, do the right thing, or your just another crook out to make some easy money.
I'll stand on my ground. I won't refund nor pay for repairs. Kindly read what's really happening.

Cheers.
ChocolateChipCookies
post Nov 14 2010, 04:31 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(a13solut3 @ Nov 14 2010, 04:22 PM)
Sounds like this is another case where seller will not hold his words for 'personal' warranty, and a hidden agenda?

You do not have any proof that the speaker is alright before you passed it to buyer. He did mentioned that the cosmetic look of the speaker has been in terrible condition too.
He was the one who tried the speaker. His girlfriend or friend was with him. Using my laptop and his AMP. I have his AMP application installed on my computer. Yes, I have proof. If the look is terrible, why did he buy it at the first place? If the tweeter/speaker is faulty why did he agree to buy? The speaker is never broken. Common sense.

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0211sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:30 PM