Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

137 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Guilds WOWTaiwan - 憤怒使者 - US client, No CDKey, Coffeenottea V6-World of Warcraft-Legion

views

kEazYc
post Oct 22 2010, 03:51 PM

Regular
1,314 posts

If only i could transfer my char to TW server. sad.gif
TShidden830726
post Oct 22 2010, 05:29 PM

Moko the Linaslayer
2,847 posts

QUOTE(kEazYc @ Oct 22 2010, 03:51 PM)
If only i could transfer my char to TW server. sad.gif
I feel your pain, I have the same dilemma.

Added on October 22, 2010, 6:27 pm
QUOTE(Instant_noodle @ Oct 22 2010, 01:28 PM)
it does takes up more space to hdd, due to the font:

simplest example is database: why data type 'varchar' can store more than datatype 'nvarchar'?? it is becoz 'nvarchar' stores extra 1 byte due to unicode support. unicode is twice the size of normal ascii 'varchar'.

so counting out the volume of graphic and sound bits the size should be roughly 20% larger

about the typing, let's do an experiment:

take jay chow's 'lurve in B.C.' 1st and 2nd line from his lyric and test

dh ybog anmt ehne nini no yfiku anmt vir
qncr p oin mk hapi onf ybbr hoami vnd mf vnd

*no, this it not gibberish*

it takes me less than 13 secs to finish 20 letters above with least selecting (like, only 2?), it would be faster if intelli-input thingie

dh ybog (anmt) ehne nini no yfiku anmt (vir)
qncr (p) oin (mk) hapi onf ybbr hoami vnd mf (vnd)

how fast can you think you can achieve using pinyin, letter by letter and intelli-thingie on???

the time spent on looking and finding correct letters while you're hovering on you flying mount or standing on open hostile area it would mean free HK for other faction players especially when you're playing in a horde infested server like thaurissan

as for the hostile about language thing, it happened like 3 years ago when i went there and listened to the ex-WoW playa answer, the community might had matured since then??
disclaimer:
it looks like gibberish, reads like gibberish, but it's not gibberish... it is based on traditional chinese letter, which is mainly used in TW not rojak mixed simplified and traditional chinese letter that most people use

But still 20% is pretty exaggerated right?

haha the justification you give is pretty out stretch, i'm sure it takes time to learn all the pinyin and it will be a problem for all US or Oceanic players to adapt. But, as time goes by, you will get used to it. If you mean, u will give free honor to the other faction due to you using pinyin, i'm sure the other faction fella also using pinyin and chatting with his mate and he is also capable of giving free honor to u..

well, if you are playing in a pvp server, that doesn't seems to be an issue to me. Why standing in the open hostile area in the first place, is it we have to be alert all the time, and it is part of the game? hahah if u hve the problem hunting by the horde, and if u cant beat them, join them.

Do not worry about the font, if u want to play wow taiwan with english client, and you are facing problem with the font, sent me a pm and i will direct you to the font file.

Added on October 22, 2010, 6:32 pm
QUOTE(Currylaksa @ Oct 22 2010, 11:43 AM)
Some of the old kraken kaki playing horde side 憤怒使者.

Everybody going to different realm/faction, very hard to consolidate doh.gif
Too bad, i really hope to be a guildmate with them.

This post has been edited by hidden830726: Oct 22 2010, 06:32 PM
Instant_noodle
post Oct 22 2010, 10:08 PM

nyaaa~~
2,779 posts

QUOTE(hidden830726 @ Oct 22 2010, 05:29 PM)
But still 20% is pretty exaggerated right?

haha the justification you give is pretty out stretch, i'm sure it takes time to learn all the pinyin and it will be a problem for all US or Oceanic players to adapt. But, as time goes by, you will get used to it. If you mean, u will give free honor to the other faction due to you using pinyin, i'm sure the other faction fella also using pinyin and chatting with his mate and he is also capable of giving free honor to u..

well, if you are playing in a pvp server, that doesn't seems to be an issue to me. Why standing in the open hostile area in the first place, is it we have to be alert all the time, and it is part of the game? hahah if u hve the problem hunting by the horde, and if u cant beat them, join them.

Do not worry about the font, if u want to play wow taiwan with english client, and you are facing problem with the font, sent me a pm and i will direct you to the font file.
for some 20% isn't a big deal but for some it is; it's a bit like why some aunties still go to wet market and yapping about few cents deduction while some would just go to hyper-mart and buy their stuff.

let's not go over to that area, it's a neva ending debate.

dun tell me you don't response/ request peeps using any communication stuff other than keyboard on hostile area., heck you might be having chats with pug members in battle grounds to communicate

you are bound by the vocabulary and the limitation to key in the correct pronunciation (pinyin = assemble in pronunciation, you hafta know to read to know to put the word out) *that* would waste more time, or stuck in the definition of word usage (i mean, c'mon... dun tell me u dunno some letters in current simplified chinese has consolidated many words into 1 key word, which most HK and TW dudes still use as 2 different words)

let's use an example: the word 'what', which i usually spam in guild chat, or sometimes in norm chats (becuz most of the time i dunno what that actually discussing about, yet no one bothered to explain...) that can be shorten into 1 letter word, but when you poke in 's', 'h','a' and glance thru the looooooooooong que of words you had wasted few seconds and your concentration had shifted from the environment to the looooooooooong que of words displayed on screen; in short, you have lost you awareness of the stuff happened on the screen to get the word out.

2nd, although WoW is somewhat portable but it is still application dependent: you hafta have a chinese input pc in order to input those characters. i believe most of them dunno nuts about abbreviations like 'wsg', 'sm', 'ab' 'icc', 'toc' and it would really help when you hafta key in, or find some dude to explain to them.

as of the fonts, i gotten a version working (but disabled) while trying to make some lua codes to work so that i can spam and troll those dudes who type '???icc10???' in game.

srsly, the seems-to-be-gibberish stuff on me last post are not gibberish; you can send them to dudes on TW server and have them analyzed, 'pjtc vep ojlk jka' server player.
TShidden830726
post Oct 22 2010, 10:43 PM

Moko the Linaslayer
2,847 posts

for some 20% isn't a big deal but for some it is; it's a bit like why some aunties still go to wet market and yapping about few cents deduction while some would just go to hyper-mart and buy their stuff.

I still believe your 20% estimation is pretty exaggerate. If wow client = 20 gig, then you are telling me the pinyin itself 4 gig?

dun tell me you don't response/ request peeps using any communication stuff other than keyboard on hostile area., heck you might be having chats with pug members in battle grounds to communicate

you are bound by the vocabulary and the limitation to key in the correct pronunciation (pinyin = assemble in pronunciation, you hafta know to read to know to put the word out) *that* would waste more time, or stuck in the definition of word usage (i mean, c'mon... dun tell me u dunno some letters in current simplified chinese has consolidated many words into 1 key word, which most HK and TW dudes still use as 2 different words)

Also, i don't denied its hard to type in pinyin if you are not familiar with it, and also, your limited knowledge of Chinese words, where simplified or not, will not deter others from using it as well as learning it.

let's use an example: the word 'what', which i usually spam in guild chat, or sometimes in norm chats (becuz most of the time i dunno what that actually discussing about, yet no one bothered to explain...) that can be shorten into 1 letter word, but when you poke in 's', 'h','a' and glance thru the looooooooooong que of words you had wasted few seconds and your concentration had shifted from the environment to the looooooooooong que of words displayed on screen; in short, you have lost you awareness of the stuff happened on the screen to get the word out.

ok. it seems that u have a very unique view here that typing pinyin will make the players lose attention / awareness, i'm not saying that it is not, i'm saying, distraction is always there for world of warcraft.

as of the fonts, i gotten a version working (but disabled) while trying to make some lua codes to work so that i can spam and troll those dudes who type '???icc10???' in game.

srsly, the seems-to-be-gibberish stuff on me last post are not gibberish; you can send them to dudes on TW server and have them analyzed, 'pjtc vep ojlk jka' server player.

k now, please allow me to clarify,

if i understand you correctly, You mean when someone say something in chat with mandarin and all u can see is ???icc????, some question marks? is that the problem you are facing? If this is the case, i have the solution for u.

2nd, although WoW is somewhat portable but it is still application dependent: you hafta have a chinese input pc in order to input those characters. i believe most of them dunno nuts about abbreviations like 'wsg', 'sm', 'ab' 'icc', 'toc' and it would really help when you hafta key in, or find some dude to explain to them.

Last but not least, tw players do understand abreviation such as toc or icc.

Added on October 22, 2010, 10:47 pmThis is mainly a guild recruitment thread, i am not here to debate on how good is wow taiwan vs Us, or oceanic or all its pros and cons.

The reason why i put in details on many benefits on playing in taiwan, is because i believe not everyone is aware about it.

Again, if you interested in playing wow taiwan, i can assist in setting up your client whether you want it to be chinese or english client and if english client, i can assist in making the font works.

This post has been edited by hidden830726: Oct 22 2010, 10:49 PM
Jas2davir
post Oct 22 2010, 10:55 PM

Casual
458 posts

you know instant first time, FIRST TIME!!1111!! i ever see you post something that makes sense doh.gif
TShidden830726
post Oct 22 2010, 11:03 PM

Moko the Linaslayer
2,847 posts

QUOTE(Jas2davir @ Oct 22 2010, 10:55 PM)
you know instant first time, FIRST TIME!!1111!! i ever see you post something that makes sense doh.gif
rclxms.gif ya, grats on your 100 posts, this is my 100 posts. too tongue.gif

Added on October 23, 2010, 4:26 pmAnyone interested?

This post has been edited by hidden830726: Oct 23 2010, 04:26 PM
TShidden830726
post Oct 23 2010, 04:26 PM

Moko the Linaslayer
2,847 posts

Anyone interested?
ray123
post Oct 24 2010, 03:57 AM

Senior Citizen
2,469 posts

Think most people would be waiting for Cata to come out first, but I'll spread the word.
TShidden830726
post Oct 24 2010, 09:36 AM

Moko the Linaslayer
2,847 posts

yup, thank you to you.

Some may want to wait for cata then come back, and some might prefer to come back now, to get a head start.

For those who stop when WOW classic. BC, wotlk or new to WOW, playing in Wow- Taiwan will not require you to buy any CD key, just register, monthly card or point card and you are good to go.

Why pay for it when you don't have to. And get your friends to join u.

This post has been edited by hidden830726: Oct 29 2010, 11:16 AM
TShidden830726
post Oct 29 2010, 11:17 AM

Moko the Linaslayer
2,847 posts

Added on October 29, 2010, 11:07 am
QUOTE(Myter @ Oct 28 2010, 01:50 PM)
so i need to buy the basic + 3 expansion or can straight buy catalysm expansion??
You dont need to, if u play wow taiwan. just register, game card and play. Many more benefits for playing at Taiwan.

Pm me or post here if u want more information
hAnn
post Oct 31 2010, 09:56 AM

Casual
329 posts

QUOTE(hidden830726 @ Oct 21 2010, 11:24 PM)

6) There is actually ways to play on English client on Taiwan server (questing text etc with English). Hence, even if you have trouble to converse in mandarin generally or having difficulties understanding the mandarin words, you can always opt for this option.

how to do this?
TShidden830726
post Oct 31 2010, 10:06 AM

Moko the Linaslayer
2,847 posts

QUOTE(hAnn @ Oct 31 2010, 09:56 AM)
how to do this?
Download or obtain an english wow client, replace the US realmlist wtf file with TW realmlist wtf file. And install the font. Install pinyin if necessary.

Cheers smile.gif

This post has been edited by hidden830726: Oct 31 2010, 10:21 AM
hAnn
post Oct 31 2010, 10:19 AM

Casual
329 posts

may i know whr to dl the wtf only? o mus i dl the whole dam thing?
TShidden830726
post Oct 31 2010, 10:26 AM

Moko the Linaslayer
2,847 posts

QUOTE(hAnn @ Oct 31 2010, 10:19 AM)
may i know whr to dl the wtf only? o mus i dl the whole dam thing?
you don't have to download it if u just ammend the wtf.

Note: Please backup before proceed. If anything goes wrong, revert back to the US wtf.

open your US wtf file and change to the following:

set realmlist tw.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
SET patchlist "zhTW.patch.battle.net:1119/patch"
set realmlistbn ""
set portal tw

Filefront - Font

font above is for u to be able to read the chinese word by players.

Note also, the path for the realmlist.wtf is usually in the C: or D: -> Program files -> WOW folder -> Data -> enUS

This post has been edited by hidden830726: Nov 26 2010, 12:38 AM
BennyBaka
post Nov 1 2010, 12:29 AM

Getting Started
127 posts

wew im interested! will try it first . smile.gif
Jas2davir
post Nov 1 2010, 02:32 AM

Casual
458 posts

i got question if i play taiwan server on us client will i not see every ones chat as ?
TShidden830726
post Nov 1 2010, 08:39 AM

Moko the Linaslayer
2,847 posts

QUOTE(Jas2davir @ Nov 1 2010, 02:32 AM)
i got question if i play taiwan server on us client will i not see every ones chat as ?
hmm, no problem at all, to see the Chinese chat, you need to install the font file at post 34 of this thread. By doing so, you are able to read their chat instead of ???

And the pinyin (in case your pc dun have it) is for other Chinese player to read your pinyin output.

Added on November 1, 2010, 8:40 amAlso, as someone ask, yes. you need 4.01 (The latest wow patch as of todate)

For those who dunno much about Chinese, I would suggest you get someone near your vicinity to help u to create the account at http://www.wowtaiwan.com.tw/

Get a good friend to help u, as registering account will involve personal details.

Personally, i dont really recommend someone to play on wow-taiwan if you have problem understanding chinese, unless you have someone that you can tag along.

The reason me and some of my friends play on taiwan server but with english client because we are not familiar in reading chinese after so many years playing wowUS.

But if you need more help, pst me and i'll try my best give my hearty assistant. let me know if you have any further enquiries.

Note: In case you are curious about the delay in content for taiwan server, the latest 4.01 patch is only 2 days later then US, due to different date of maintenance.

This post has been edited by hidden830726: Nov 1 2010, 08:42 AM
Currylaksa
post Nov 1 2010, 11:33 AM

Regular
1,616 posts

QUOTE(hidden830726 @ Nov 1 2010, 08:39 AM)
Personally, i dont really recommend someone to play on wow-taiwan if you have problem understanding chinese, unless you have someone that you can tag along.
Hmm I guess you are right unsure.gif

My mandarin operates at 30% speed of my English
TShidden830726
post Nov 1 2010, 02:46 PM

Moko the Linaslayer
2,847 posts

QUOTE(Currylaksa @ Nov 1 2010, 11:33 AM)
Hmm I guess you are right unsure.gif

My mandarin operates at 30% speed of my English
Same, mine around 50% speed of my english, i guess my brain is not capable of reading chinese as fast as i want to.

This post has been edited by hidden830726: Nov 1 2010, 02:46 PM
Instant_noodle
post Nov 1 2010, 04:21 PM

nyaaa~~
2,779 posts

if i'm post some stupid lua stuff here, can joo guys halp test it >:D

it's fer... guinea pig debugging purpose...

137 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0374sec    0.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:20 PM