University Taylor's University Thread, Now a full fledged University =D

views

chantakzee
post Mar 22 2010, 05:34 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

I'm interested in mechanical engineering , now i'm seeking for university /

college like taylor's , so is there any reason that i shall choose taylor's

instead of other universities / colleges?

(pm me if the comparison may offend other school's students)
munak991
post Mar 22 2010, 11:25 PM

ZONIC!
2,732 posts

QUOTE(Hikari0307 @ Mar 22 2010, 04:52 PM)
I don't know whether this is significant or not since I don't know much about it but here is a quote from Taylor's for their School of Architecture,Building & Design.

QUOTE(Taylor's University College)
Congrats to School of Architecture,Building & Design for having its Bachelor of Quantity Surveying (Hons) prog. accredited by the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), a leading org. for professionals in property,land,construction & related environmental issues.With an accredited programme,students are a step ...nearer to be a Chartered QS.This is equivalent to having an int'l passport to work in 146 countries.

This is all BS and marketing strategy. Dont listen to them.
Bla bla bla bla. and Taylors still suck. The food i tell u Expensive, suck, little, tiny, useless, outrage, overprice anything u can think of.

Temptation woo i tell u.
The student, ya i know how they feel the stress. kesian them.

The Class room. ya impressive 8 floor of classroom, with so called air conditional or we call it Oven!
sometime it blow wind sometime it blow hot air! never will be cold!

The Table. for the 2nd week the "table Chair" starting to shaking and break apart.
not just that it really uncomfortable sitting at this kind chair and table.

Seriously This new campus, they need a redesign fail on planning and management!

Added on March 22, 2010, 11:40 pmBtw Hikari what course u taking currently?

This post has been edited by munak991: Mar 22 2010, 11:40 PM
TSHikari0307
post Mar 23 2010, 12:09 AM

平成の光
4,541 posts

Well accreditation is an important thing should congratulate them.

I do agree with you on the food part though.Most foods there are expensive and portions are not that much as well =.=
The economy rice there is not economy at all one plate of rice with one piece of small chicken they charge me RM5 haven't even taken any vegetables @_@
I liked it better when I was in TBS back in SS15.
Hopefully when the commercial block is done in July got cheaper and better shops @_@ One can always pray ahaha
Never tried eating at the student's restaurants except Temptations though.Heard had to book and don't even know how to ^^"
Only time I ever got food from those was when I was a student helper during the Preview Day last February took a lot of leftovers home LOL

Can't even drive to eat outside for fear of our parking being taken by others.This is how me and my friends park btw we double park each other at the corner there.GG if forgot our friend finish class late ahaha ^^"
all the eight cars at the corner there four in proper parking four double park ^^"
user posted image

All my tutorials in the classrooms in block E has been quite ok up till now no ovens.But there was once the aircond in the lecture hall broke took half an hour of hot lecture before the maintenance staff came to fix the air conditioner @_@ and it's also extremely packed and hot in the lifts during lunch time and in the morning.Would sweat a bit before I reach the classrooms,lecture halls,student life center or library.

I'm currently in the University of South Australia twinning Bachelor of Management (Marketing) program.Going to transfer to another university in Australia after this semester and change to International Business course.

Are you a Culinary Art student? ^^
sophiagoh
post Mar 23 2010, 12:14 AM

Getting Started
113 posts

QUOTE(Eguy1314 @ Feb 21 2010, 09:34 PM)
I'm going to there but havent. Well based on logic i think is correct , generally Taylor student were rich and when you're rich mean you're proud like high class and low class like that.. >.<
im an ex student there..but im very poor... sad.gif
axn992
post Mar 23 2010, 01:03 PM

On my way
676 posts

Reporting in.!
Taylorian here.
Currently in FIC
TSHikari0307
post Mar 23 2010, 11:27 PM

平成の光
4,541 posts

Hey guys, I actually asked about the Medicine course in Taylor's to the Dean for my sister who is currently doing SAM.Since I already got the information just decided to share it with you guys that might be interested ^^

QUOTE(Dr. Abd Rahman Noor)

Our next intake for Medical Degree Transfer Program will be in September this year and another one in January 2011. Applications may be submitted anytime using real or forecast results. Shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. All students offered to study Medicine will have to undergo medical check-up.

Our revised entry requirements are as follows; These requirements are for our partners in Charles University Faculty of Medicine in Hradec Kralove in Czech and UKRIDA, Indonesia.

user posted image

The entry requirement for St. George’s University of London is as follows;

user posted image

FYI, degrees from all partners of Taylor’s MDTP are recognized by Malaysian Medical Council. MDTP students from Taylor's University College will receive their medical degree from their respective partner medical schools just as any other graduates from that university.

Taylor's University College own School of Medicine is awaiting approval to run its own MBBS program to be started this September. We are fully staffed now and the anatomy lab is fully functioning now. The Multidisciplinary labs and the clinical skills suite are being furnished to be available for use by our students in June.

Tuition fees MDTP currently is RM118, 000 for 2 years.

The current tuition fees for St. George’s is – £27,455 per year (X 3 years)

For Czech is about €13000 per year. (X 4 years - the medical course in Czech is 6 years)

TQ.

Abd Rahman Noor. FRCP(Glasg)
Dean
School of Medicine
Taylor's University College

munak991
post Mar 24 2010, 12:14 AM

ZONIC!
2,732 posts

QUOTE(Hikari0307 @ Mar 23 2010, 12:09 AM)
Well accreditation is an important thing should congratulate them.

I do agree with you on the food part though.Most foods there are expensive and portions are not that much as well =.=
The economy rice there is not economy at all one plate of rice with one piece of small chicken they charge me RM5 haven't even taken any vegetables @_@
I liked it better when I was in TBS back in SS15.
Hopefully when the commercial block is done in July got cheaper and better shops @_@ One can always pray ahaha
Never tried eating at the student's restaurants except Temptations though.Heard had to book and don't even know how to ^^"
Only time I ever got food from those was when I was a student helper during the Preview Day last February took a lot of leftovers home LOL

Can't even drive to eat outside for fear of our parking being taken by others.This is how me and my friends park btw we double park each other at the corner there.GG if forgot our friend finish class late ahaha ^^"
all the eight cars at the corner there four in proper parking four double park ^^"
user posted image

All my tutorials in the classrooms in block E has been quite ok up till now no ovens.But there was once the aircond in the lecture hall broke took half an hour of hot lecture before the maintenance staff came to fix the air conditioner @_@ and it's also extremely packed and hot in the lifts during lunch time and in the morning.Would sweat a bit before I reach the classrooms,lecture halls,student life center or library.

I'm currently in the University of South Australia twinning Bachelor of Management (Marketing) program.Going to transfer to another university in Australia after this semester and change to International Business course.

Are you a Culinary Art student? ^^
ya im a Graduated Culinary Art student.
Currently taking Higher Diploma Option B in Taylors Busy like hell. Im one of the contestant in Watermelon festival.
sushigreat
post Mar 25 2010, 04:01 PM

10 posts

Reporting in^^
im taylorian now too=)
sitting for foundation in business..anyone here?
mois
post Mar 25 2010, 06:43 PM

Enemy Territory
3,165 posts

Hi, i receive this around 3pm. So it means i need to pay half for foundation programme? Tuition fee refer to total academic fee ah? Dont need to attend any interview right? sigh im at sarawak sad.gif

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

minshuen
post Mar 25 2010, 08:42 PM

Getting Started
282 posts

hello everyone.i would like to ask if i wish to enrol in the pharmacy course that newly offered by taylor's university college,what will be the cert i gt after i have completed the course locally?is it taylor's UC or cardiff?

This post has been edited by minshuen: Mar 25 2010, 08:43 PM
liwei92
post Mar 25 2010, 10:28 PM

Casual
400 posts

what seems to be the intake difference between march intake and june intake for A-level?

Why are march intake so short?
TSHikari0307
post Mar 25 2010, 10:40 PM

平成の光
4,541 posts

QUOTE(mois @ Mar 25 2010, 06:43 PM)
Hi, i receive this around 3pm. So it means i need to pay half for foundation programme? Tuition fee refer to total academic fee ah? Dont need to attend any interview right? sigh im at sarawak  sad.gif

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Yeah basicly you pay only half of the tuition fee.To get how much is that, you take the total fee and minus all the misc fees.50% of that amount would be the amount you get waived for foundation.According to my calculations the amount you have to pay for Foundation would be around RM11,900 compared to RM19,450 if there is no waiver. No need to attend to any interview.You just need to go and register within 14 working days as the SPM high achievers award is totally on your SPM result nothing else.

QUOTE(minshuen @ Mar 25 2010, 08:42 PM)
hello everyone.i would like to ask if i wish to enrol in the pharmacy course that newly offered by taylor's university college,what will be the cert i gt after i have completed the course locally?is it taylor's UC or cardiff?
Well as of the current agreements between Taylor's University College and Welsh School of Pharmacy, Cardiff University,
Subject to seeking and securing approval from the relevant professional bodies,in Great Britain (the Royal Pharmaceutical Society at present, soon to be replaced by the General Pharmaceutical Council) and Malaysia (the state Malaysian Pharmacy Board). The first two years of the programme will be taught at Taylor's. The final two years will see students either remain in Malaysia and graduate with an award from Taylor's (Bachelor of Pharmacy, BPharm) or transfer to Wales and graduate with a Master of Pharmacy (MPharm) award from the University.

The BPharm students will follow a pathway based on the Cardiff programme but modified in the final two years to meet the requirements of the Malaysian Pharmacy Board.

The programs is still pending approval to start from MOHE.
CarotMilk
post Mar 25 2010, 11:18 PM

29 posts

I googled everywhere and i still can't find the fees for Taylor's Bachelor of Science Architecture, is it just me or...
Can someone tell me how much it costs or direct me to a link, thanks =)

This post has been edited by CarotMilk: Mar 25 2010, 11:24 PM
gomes.
post Mar 25 2010, 11:35 PM

Casual
361 posts

QUOTE(liwei92 @ Mar 25 2010, 10:28 PM)
what seems to be the intake difference between march intake and june intake for A-level?

you mean less people? because most people prefer to do jan intake as its just better and you dont have to go at such a fast pace.
jackkeum
post Mar 26 2010, 07:40 AM

Getting Started
197 posts

well..i am worry about my hostel...i prepared to study at Taylor for CAL..can u suggest me where to live? MyPlace? or lakeside residence?
which is better? *money doesn't matter*
do u have any MyPlace pictures? sorry because i am now at US and unable to check it out myself..btw i will come back to malaysia by next month and register myself for june CAL..
mois
post Mar 26 2010, 08:17 AM

Enemy Territory
3,165 posts

QUOTE(Hikari0307 @ Mar 25 2010, 11:40 PM)
Yeah basicly you pay only half of the tuition fee.To get how much is that, you take the total fee and minus all the misc fees.50% of that amount would be the amount you get waived for foundation.According to my calculations the amount you have to pay for Foundation would be around RM11,900 compared to RM19,450 if there is no waiver. No need to attend to any interview.You just need to go and register within 14 working days as the SPM high achievers award is totally on your SPM result nothing else.
since it is 50%. i just need to pay RM9726 for foundation. Mechanical engineering Rm26650 per year. So in 4 years, RM18655x4=RM74620. Total would be Rm84346. Still kinda expensive. What if i dont register within 14 working days? Because at the moment i am still waiting for a lot of scholarships though. And since they give me the SPM HIGH achiever, still got any chance they will give world class scholarship? Both from taylor sweat.gif

EDITED: Engineering courses at taylor are better than curtin? or curtin is better?

This post has been edited by mois: Mar 26 2010, 02:13 PM
TSHikari0307
post Mar 26 2010, 06:19 PM

平成の光
4,541 posts

QUOTE(CarotMilk @ Mar 25 2010, 11:18 PM)
I googled everywhere and i still can't find the fees for Taylor's Bachelor of Science Architecture, is it just me or...
Can someone tell me how much it costs or direct me to a link, thanks =)
I seem to have lost my list of fees ^^" I'l get back to you on that when I find it.

QUOTE(jackkeum @ Mar 26 2010, 07:40 AM)
well..i am worry about my hostel...i prepared to study at Taylor for CAL..can u suggest me where to live? MyPlace? or lakeside residence?
which is better? *money doesn't matter*
do u have any MyPlace pictures? sorry because i am now at US and unable to check it out myself..btw i will come back to malaysia by next month and register myself for june CAL..
Lakeside Residence is not such a good idea for TCSJ .You won't have transport to go to class in the morning and priority there is given to people studying TUC programs rather TC programs and it's already almost full with bookings ^^" and furthermore Lakeside Residence won't be ready until July this year so you won't be able to stay there when you start CAL.
The most convenient place to stay while staying at TCSJ would be in MyPlace.If we were to ignore money you can take their Air conditioned Single Room which is good enough for me =) It's about a few hundred meters only from TCSJ and is surrounded by food,book and other kind of shops so it's very convenient.If you want a better apartment, then you should go for E-Tiara.It's about 10 minutes walk to TCSJ but there are shuttle bus to bring you there in the morning and such.E-Tiara is also quite close to Carefour, Subang Parade and the Subang Jaya KTM station.
You can read more on the features of E-Tiara and MyPlace here
http://www.taylors.edu.my/prosstudents/int...hp?id=97#subang
I don't really have pictures of them but I have been at the two a few times to do some stuff at my friend's houses.Pretty much both are quite ok though E-Tiara has higher numbers of International Students staying there compared to MyPlace which has more Local Students especially Tanzanians,Chinese Indonesians,China students,Pakistani,Koreans etc.

QUOTE(mois @ Mar 26 2010, 08:17 AM)
since it is 50%. i just need to pay RM9726 for foundation. Mechanical engineering Rm26650 per year. So in 4 years, RM18655x4=RM74620. Total would be Rm84346. Still kinda expensive. What if i dont register within 14 working days? Because at the moment i am still waiting for a lot of scholarships though. And since they give me the SPM HIGH achiever, still got any chance they will give world class scholarship? Both from taylor  sweat.gif

EDITED: Engineering courses at taylor are better than curtin? or curtin is better?

hum I'm not sure about that.You should ask Taylor's if you can still get the World Class Scholarship but I"m so sure because they did write this "Applicants should not be a recipient of any other scholarships, financial aid or award from any education institutions or organisations." for the eligibility but call them and ask about it who knows ^^".For the SPM High Achievers if you do not register within 14 working days, then Taylor's would assume that you have no interest for the Scholarship and offer that scholarship to somebody else.

On it's own Taylor's is still new in offering it's own TUC Degree for Engineering compared to Curtin which has had a long experience from the time they started in Australia.
Even though Taylor's is still new,their students have made considerable marks in the industry and for the second time in a row, Taylor’s University College has been voted the “Most Popular Private College/University in Malaysia” in 2009, beating out more than 100 other institutions. The announcement was made at the “Doctorjob’s Students’ Choice Awards” recently.

This year’s win was even sweeter for Taylor’s as they also emerged the top institution of choice for Business/Accounting/Management, Hospitality & Tourism, Law and Pre-University Studies, sweeping four of ten subject awards that were given away. Taylor’s was also voted first-runner-up for their engineering programme.

The results were based on the Malaysian Student Survey 2009 conducted by Graduates to Industry (GTI) and trendence, Europe’s leading consultancy on employer branding and recruitment research. The survey was participated by close to 9,000 respondents aged between 16 to 19 years.

Taylor's faculty of qualified and experienced staff comprises over 75% PhD lecturers. They come from an extensive repertoire of academic and industry backgrounds, thus creating a well-balanced reservoir of knowledge and experience for the students to tap into. Several of our faculty staff are also actively engaged in research and scholarly activities, which ensures continuous updates in their respective fields.
Taylor's are also proud of our teacher-student ratio of 1:15, which adheres to the international standards of the highest ranked academic institutions.

Taylor’s Engineering Programme is recognised by The Institution of Engineers Malaysia (IEM) and Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM). This is because the programme is accredited by the Engineering Council in the UK and is recognised by our local professional bodies.

Our Taylor’s Industrial Advisory Committee (TIAC), comprising senior management personnel from various engineering fields, meet regularly to help review our curriculum and ensure that our students’ learning outcomes are aligned with the industry’s needs and expectations of today’s engineering graduates.

The School has been accepted as an official collaborator in the CDIO (Conceive, Design, Implement, Operate) Initiative alongside great institutions, such as Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), California State University, the University of Sydney and University of Auckland. Taylor's is the first and only Malaysian institution that has, thus far, been accepted into this initiative, which is an innovative educational framework for producing the next generation of engineers.

and also
If students prefer to complete part of their degree overseas, they can opt for a 1+2 or 2+2 transfer programme with leading Australian and U.K. universities.
List of partner Universities Taylor's has Articulation Agreements with includes
United Kingdom
University of Bath
University of Birmingham
University of Portsmouth
University of Sheffield
University of Warwick
Australia
Australian National University
University of Western Australia

helldagger
post Mar 26 2010, 07:11 PM

Getting Started
148 posts

Reporting in..Im under Dip in Comm
TSHikari0307
post Mar 26 2010, 07:27 PM

平成の光
4,541 posts

QUOTE(sushigreat @ Mar 25 2010, 04:01 PM)
Reporting in^^
im taylorian now too=)
sitting for foundation in business..anyone here?
ahaha welcome my Business School junior XD what intake of TBF are you?

QUOTE(liwei92 @ Mar 25 2010, 10:28 PM)

March intake is an express intake while June intake is treated as a normal intake.March intake is mostly people who had to go for NS and could not join the January intake.The march intake has longer learning hours in the earlier parts of CAL and a more hectic life so they can catch up to the January intake and take AS and A2 Level Exams at the same time as the January Intake.Also in June intakes there tend to be a lot of MARA,JPA,Petronas,Bank Negara etc scholars in it.

January and March intake sit for AS around November and sit for A2 around next year's June while June intake sit for AS around next year's June and A2 around November next year.

QUOTE(helldagger @ Mar 26 2010, 07:11 PM)
Reporting in..Im under Dip in Comm
Yo welcome to the Taylor's thread bro XD
Zepx
post Mar 26 2010, 08:57 PM

Regular
1,232 posts

I need to clarify my doubts here.

If I take CAL, and would like to do Computer Science degree in Taylors, do I need IELTS?

105 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0346sec    0.48    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:29 PM