AS1M, ASM, ASW, ASB V2, PNB fund

views

kparam77
post Mar 4 2012, 11:59 PM

Enthusiast
952 posts

QUOTE(dewVP @ Mar 4 2012, 11:42 PM)
So they are categorized as bond funds right? Hmmm
no, its equity since the allocation is trade in stock mamrket not buying the direct bonds.

they maintain to fix price to make sure the capital not lost. if the price is flactuate, investors may not buy those products
dewVP
post Mar 5 2012, 12:10 AM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(kparam77 @ Mar 4 2012, 11:59 PM)
no, its equity since the allocation is trade in stock mamrket not buying the direct bonds.

they maintain to fix price to make sure the capital not lost. if the price is flactuate,  investors may not  buy those products
Thanks! Just wanna make sure whether I should include it to calculate my bond/equity balanced allocation. Have to make sure my equity % is a little lower than my bonds.
bursalchemy
post Mar 5 2012, 12:12 AM

Casual
485 posts

Does PNB has sufficient fund to pay back investor if everybody going to withdraw their money? Or it is just another Ponzi scheme?
cheahcw2003
post Mar 5 2012, 12:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,379 posts

QUOTE(dewVP @ Mar 5 2012, 12:10 AM)
Thanks! Just wanna make sure whether I should include it to calculate my bond/equity balanced allocation. Have to make sure my equity % is a little lower than my bonds.
You can consider bond which give u around 7% return p.a., slightly higher than PNB's fund with no race quotas.
You can also switch from bond to equity or vice versa depending on the market performance and your preference any time.

Added on March 5, 2012, 12:20 am
QUOTE(bursalchemy @ Mar 5 2012, 12:12 AM)
Does PNB has sufficient fund to pay back investor if everybody going to withdraw their money? Or it is just another Ponzi scheme?
The answer is NO.

even banks will not able to accomodate the withdrawals of their depositors if EVERYBODY withdraw the money from the bank. They have insuffient time to call back the loans they lend out to their borrowers.

regarding whether PNB funds are Ponzi scheme, we have dicussed this issue b4. The best thing if u study the financial annual report of each fund. It will tell you lots of info and justify if it is a ponzi scheme. Judge yourself and dont rely on hear say and rumos

This post has been edited by cheahcw2003: Mar 5 2012, 12:20 AM
dewVP
post Mar 5 2012, 04:48 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(cheahcw2003 @ Mar 5 2012, 12:15 AM)
You can consider bond which give u around 7% return p.a., slightly higher than PNB's fund with no race quotas.
You can also switch from bond to equity or vice versa depending on the market performance and your preference any time.

Added on March 5, 2012, 12:20 am

The answer is NO.

even banks will not able to accomodate the withdrawals of their depositors if EVERYBODY withdraw the money from the bank. They have insuffient time to call back the loans they lend out to their borrowers.

regarding whether PNB funds are Ponzi scheme, we have dicussed this issue b4. The best thing if u study the financial annual report of each fund. It will tell you lots of info and justify if it is a ponzi scheme. Judge yourself and dont rely on hear say and rumos
Bonds like AmDynamic, Hwang Select Income Fund etc right?

Yeah. But I just wanna make sure I know my allocation of money in bonds and equity. Because I read that best if bonds hold 60% and equity 40%. Although I know such allocation is subjective, depending on your risk level and so on.
cheahcw2003
post Mar 5 2012, 04:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,379 posts

QUOTE(dewVP @ Mar 5 2012, 04:48 PM)
Bonds like AmDynamic, Hwang Select Income Fund etc right?

yes u r right, the benefit of this bond fund is it helps you to diversifying your investment in a numbers of the bond papers

aeronic
post Mar 5 2012, 06:56 PM

karma is a funny thing
846 posts

QUOTE(naturalfood @ Mar 2 2012, 08:50 PM)
hi all,

im really a noob at this so would want some advice y\from you pros..
even if asnb not offering any new amanah saham, i can still open an account with asnb first izzit? open the account first then wait until they launch a new line then only purchase? is that so?

thanks for the kind help, arigatou!! smile.gif)

Added on March 2, 2012, 9:01 pm

hi aeronic, sorry to disturb, just want to ask if we really need that much money to invest ar? small fry like me may only cough out 1k plus only wor. they will layan ar?

thanks~~
no you cannot open an account without putting in money
small fries and french fries all are welcomed to open an account even for small amounts if there are funds available
the staff do not get commissions based on your transactions. they get monthly salary. in fact if you're hot they would actually like it even better (maybe)

QUOTE(smsbusiness2u @ Mar 3 2012, 06:57 PM)
is the 5 million free units for chinese still available? where u heard still got that 5 million free units ?
why some people on this forum cannot read posts properly or have such a bad england problem
i never said there are 5million units hanging. i did stress so many times that funds are immediately taken up for most quotas/schemes
i was talking about the staff "cerita-ing" to me that there was a transaction of withdrawal where someone had taken out 5 million for chinese quota and it was quickly grabbed by others within hours.

QUOTE(cheahcw2003 @ Mar 3 2012, 07:19 PM)
there is no fund size increase annoucement for AS1M. Many nexclusive on bumi customers stand by in the banks (with the help of bank staffs) to deposit money into AS1M as and when there is available units.  There is no way that can have 500 mil chinese quota available at time.
again there was NO fund increase. this was a case of withdrawal as mentioned above and it is 5 million and not 500 million.

This post has been edited by aeronic: Mar 6 2012, 10:19 PM
lebaimalang
post Mar 6 2012, 04:28 PM

13 posts

hi guys, does anyone knows about Amanah Hartanah Bumiputra AHB??? I heard from my friends, it gives dividend every interim years?? Where can I purchase? How about the risk??? TQ...

This post has been edited by lebaimalang: Mar 6 2012, 04:29 PM
cheahcw2003
post Mar 6 2012, 07:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,379 posts

QUOTE(lebaimalang @ Mar 6 2012, 04:28 PM)
hi guys, does anyone knows about Amanah Hartanah Bumiputra AHB??? I heard from my friends, it gives dividend every interim years?? Where can I purchase? How about the risk??? TQ...
Only Maybank selling AHB, the fund is full, pay dividend twice a year, dividend paid is around the same as ASW2020, nothing great!!
naturalfood
post Mar 6 2012, 09:39 PM

2 posts

thanks aeronic ^^ sorry abt the quoting thingy. will not do it next time smile.gif

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0149sec    0.30    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:04 PM