Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

78 Pages « < 67 68 69 70 71 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Movies Horror Movies, Discussing and Sharing Frights!!

views

Raymond1876 P
post Apr 26 2019, 12:50 PM

Probation
2 posts

Diary of the Dead. Watch it on megahfilmeshd from apknite extension. It's not so good but worth my time. 7.8/10
umarfarooqncba3 P
post Jun 4 2019, 01:56 AM

Probation
2 posts

Slender Man
Truth or Dare
Slice
The Strangers: Prey at Night
Hell Fest
The First Purge
The Predator
The Meg
Summer of '84
TSMov_freak
post Jun 4 2019, 09:15 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Apr 19 2019, 12:01 PM)
Sounds convincing enough hmm.gif if my horror freak friend is also keen, will give this a shot! Thanks Mov!
So did you go watched?
TSMov_freak
post Jun 4 2019, 09:16 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

QUOTE(umarfarooqncba3 @ Jun 4 2019, 01:56 AM)
Slender Man
Truth or Dare
Slice
The Strangers: Prey at Night
Hell Fest
The First Purge
The Predator
The Meg
Summer of '84
This is your like list?

Interesting, very little people talk about Summer of '84
dharmabums
post Jun 4 2019, 10:08 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

I'm kinda missing John Carpenter horror movies ever since watching the Thing again on Netflix. His 80's horror movies were some of his best stuff.
TSMov_freak
post Jun 4 2019, 10:26 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

QUOTE(dharmabums @ Jun 4 2019, 10:08 AM)
I'm kinda missing John Carpenter horror movies ever since watching the Thing again on Netflix. His 80's horror movies were some of his best stuff.
Yeah. He's works are great
sweet_pez
post Jun 4 2019, 06:14 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Jun 4 2019, 09:15 AM)
So did you go watched?
Nooooo din manage sad.gif guess i will stream when its available.
TSMov_freak
post Jun 4 2019, 07:13 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Jun 4 2019, 06:14 PM)
Nooooo din manage sad.gif guess i will stream when its available.
Oh dear... Managed to see the trailer for Annabelle Comes Home... Has Vera Farmiga as Lorraine Warren... Looks promising...

I have been burnt by good trailer but bad movie before.... sad.gif
sweet_pez
post Jun 7 2019, 09:41 AM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Jun 4 2019, 07:13 PM)
Oh dear... Managed to see the trailer for Annabelle Comes Home... Has Vera Farmiga as Lorraine Warren... Looks promising...

I have been burnt by good trailer but bad movie before.... sad.gif
Owhhhh there's a new one out already? If the character Lorraine Warren is in it, I'd love to see it. Hahaha i know what you mean. Till now haven't got the chance to watch Possession of Hannah Grace. The trailer looked so good that I wanted to catch in the cinema but missed it as I wasn't around the whole period.

Managed to watch Crucifixion and I must say, it was pretty good. Better than I expected. The mood, suspense and jump scare was quite well done laugh.gif or maybe coz i watched it alone hahahaha

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4181782/

Also watched Incarnate (2016 film) and it was no good rclxub.gif don't bother.
TSMov_freak
post Jun 7 2019, 10:41 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Jun 7 2019, 09:41 AM)
Owhhhh there's a new one out already? If the character Lorraine Warren is in it, I'd love to see it. Hahaha i know what you mean. Till now haven't got the chance to watch Possession of Hannah Grace. The trailer looked so good that I wanted to catch in the cinema but missed it as I wasn't around the whole period.

Managed to watch Crucifixion and I must say, it was pretty good. Better than I expected. The mood, suspense and jump scare was quite well done laugh.gif or maybe coz i watched it alone hahahaha

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4181782/

Also watched Incarnate (2016 film) and it was no good rclxub.gif don't bother.
Not out yet. Out soon. 27th Jun 2019 according to cinema.com.my

Thanks for the recommendation

Will look it up

Cheers
sweet_pez
post Jun 8 2019, 02:08 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Jun 7 2019, 10:41 AM)
Not out yet. Out soon. 27th Jun 2019 according to cinema.com.my

Thanks for the recommendation

Will look it up

Cheers
No problem, hope it doesnt disappoints ^__^
defaultname365
post Jun 8 2019, 06:27 PM

Windows® 8.1 | Xbox 360™ | PlayStation® 4
1,097 posts

QUOTE(minerspool @ Feb 2 2019, 10:31 PM)
I’m a big fan of horror movies because they are mysterious, creepy, and thoughtful.
Top 3 from me, all of them released in 2018!  nod.gif

1. A Quiet Place
A family is forced to live in silence while hiding from creatures that hunt by sound.
Totally enjoyed this one and I pray they make a sequel!

2. The Meg
After escaping an attack by what he claims was a 70-foot shark, Jonas Taylor must confront his fears to save those trapped in a sunken submersible.
It is a good movie and the end is awesome. Worth the watch!

3. Halloween (2018)
Laurie Strode confronts her long-time foe Michael Myers, the masked figure who has haunted her since she narrowly escaped his killing spree on Halloween night four decades ago.
Shlash. Run. Scream. Loved it. Jamie Lee Curtis is a complete badass!

devil.gif  icon_idea.gif
Great list!

My top horror film of 2018 had to be "A Quiet Place" followed by "Annihilation" and "Halloween". Didn't catch "The Meg" in cinemas, the movie was OK to me.

On the Netflix front, "The Apostle" caught my attention, really good horror film mixed with period drama.

For 2019, thus far, it has to be "Us". "Get Out" still beats this film but it is still great nonetheless.

My current to-watch-horror list of 2019:

1. IT Chapter Two
2. A Quiet Place 2
3. Zombieland 2
4. Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark
5. Child's Play
6. Annabelle Comes Home
6so
post Jun 11 2019, 11:43 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

Svaha: The sixth finger - Almost a good movie.

As usual, you can't avoid some Korean movie tropes. Overacting and a convoluted storyline. This reminded me a lot of the old Taiwanese Double Vision movie that starred David Morse and Tony Leung. Instead of authority investigating a cult, it's a pastor that exposes charlatans and looking into a sinister cult that target a very peculiar girl that got something to do with a Buddhist scripture. There are some disturbing imagery and things can get pretty freaky in the final act. The problem lies in messy set-ups and slow to get going. While the last act pretty good but the journey to it, is a slog. When you have nothing else to watch on Netflix, no harm giving this a look or sick of the usual haunted house/demon possession put out by Hollywood.

This post has been edited by 6so: Jun 11 2019, 11:56 AM
defaultname365
post Jun 12 2019, 11:05 AM

1,097 posts

QUOTE(6so @ Jun 11 2019, 11:43 AM)

As usual, you can't avoid some Korean movie tropes. Overacting and a convoluted storyline. This reminded me a lot of the old Taiwanese Double Vision movie that starred David Morse and Tony Leung. Instead of authority investigating a cult, it's a pastor that exposes charlatans and looking into a sinister cult that target a very peculiar girl that got something to do with a Buddhist scripture. There are some disturbing imagery and things can get pretty freaky in the final act. The problem lies in messy set-ups and slow to get going. While the last act pretty good but the journey to it, is a slog. When you have nothing else to watch on Netflix, no harm giving this a look or sick of the usual haunted house/demon possession put out by Hollywood.
he
Watched it last week during the long break.. the best Korean horror film to me remains "The Wailing".

This one is a mixed bag for me. Too much investigation and too little horror... and the whole religion thing sweat.gif No way I could have understood the film in its entirety without having some kind of knowledge beforehand.

The ending was quite good, unexpected, but it was really a drag. The movie's length added to the problem, what was it like 2 hours+? I think it felt like 3 hours.

Still scouting for a good horror film on Netflix this year... so far only "Velvet Buzzsaw" was OK.
6so
post Jun 12 2019, 11:15 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(defaultname365 @ Jun 12 2019, 12:05 PM)
Still scouting for a good horror film on Netflix this year... so far only "Velvet Buzzsaw" was OK.
You can try The Ritual, it's The Wicker Man plus a monster. The Perfection for the crazy premise and WTF twist. Both to me watchable la! Not the best also not the worst.
defaultname365
post Jun 12 2019, 11:47 AM

1,097 posts

QUOTE(6so @ Jun 12 2019, 11:15 AM)
You can try The Ritual, it's The Wicker Man plus a monster. The Perfection for the crazy premise and WTF twist. Both to me watchable la! Not the best also not the worst.
I've watched The Ritual awhile back, definitely one of the better horror films in recent times. Getting lost in the woods sweat.gif (a la Blair Witch style). Really great acting chops from the cast as well.

Lol almost forgot that I did see The Perfection from the Netflix new releases, from the reviews seems really good. Hope to watch it soon.

This post has been edited by defaultname365: Jun 12 2019, 11:48 AM
sweet_pez
post Jun 12 2019, 02:02 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(6so @ Jun 11 2019, 11:43 AM)

Macam yes. Will probably give it a try one of these days. I find Double Vision kinda slow in terms of pace though hmm.gif

QUOTE(defaultname365 @ Jun 12 2019, 11:05 AM)
Watched it last week during the long break.. the best Korean horror film to me remains "The Wailing".

This one is a mixed bag for me. Too much investigation and too little horror... and the whole religion thing  sweat.gif  No way I could have understood the film in its entirety without having some kind of knowledge beforehand.

The ending was quite good, unexpected, but it was really a drag. The movie's length added to the problem, what was it like 2 hours+? I think it felt like 3 hours.

A lot of people spoke well of The Wailing. I really need to make an effort to watch it biggrin.gif probably when i can spare some time this weekend. I like The Priest, but not so much of how it developed towards the end loll.

Another pretty highly rated one is A Tale of Two Sisters. I've seen it ages ago, but couldn't recall the story now though
6so
post Jun 12 2019, 02:17 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Jun 12 2019, 03:02 PM)
Another pretty highly rated one is A Tale of Two Sisters. I've seen it ages ago, but couldn't recall the story now though
It's about the surviving sister having dissociative identity disorder over her deceased sister. Few years back the German did a similar premise but much more grounded version called Goodnight Mommy.

Double Vision is a better movie than Savaha.
sidqara
post Jun 13 2019, 11:07 AM

Getting Started
184 posts

QUOTE(6so @ Jun 12 2019, 02:17 PM)
It's about the surviving sister having dissociative identity disorder over her deceased sister. Few years back the German did a similar premise but much more grounded version called Goodnight Mommy.

Double Vision is a better movie than Savaha.
i have watch A Tale of Two Sisters and goodnight mommy doh.gif

is Double Vision 2002 movie?

6so
post Jun 13 2019, 01:58 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(sidqara @ Jun 13 2019, 12:07 PM)
is Double Vision 2002 movie?
Yes it is.

78 Pages « < 67 68 69 70 71 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version