Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

English Clubs Manchester United Street Talks, Latest: Welcome to the club, Obertan!

views

FaezFarhan
post Jul 14 2009, 05:37 PM

United till I die!
3,424 posts

QUOTE(Hevrn @ Jul 14 2009, 04:54 PM)
You can refer to Youtube for how the chants go, but here are a few to kick things off. Do tell if I've got any of them wrong. Most of them come from having to listen thru the loud crowd during games via the tele.

United Calypso

Oh Manchester, Manchester United,
A bunch of bouncing Busby Babes, they deserve to be knighted

When they're playing in your town, get yourself to that football ground,
Take a look and you will see, Football taught by Matt Busby

Take Me Home United Road

Take Me Home United Road, to the place I belong,
To Old Trafford, To see United,
Take Me Home United Road

U-N-I-T-E-D

U-N-I, T-E-D, United are the team for me,
With a knick knack, paddy whack,
Give a dog a bone,
Why don't City f*ck off home
Get this three going, along with Glory Glory. For the experts, we can throw in a few player ones. White Pele, Anderson-son-son, Paul Scholes he score goals, Keane and his magic hat etc etc.
where's the song viva ronaldo?? hmm.gif

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

air_mood
post Jul 14 2009, 05:46 PM

Randy Marsh, Guitar Queer-O
4,146 posts

QUOTE(FaezFarhan @ Jul 14 2009, 05:37 PM)
where's the song viva ronaldo??  hmm.gif

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

You can sing that with your fellow Real Madrid fans, or your fellow Ronaldo worshippers.
Hevrn
post Jul 14 2009, 05:46 PM

4,016 posts

QUOTE(air_mood @ Jul 14 2009, 05:14 PM)
Take Me Home United Road is very rarely sung in the stands. You're better off going with The Pride Of Europe or player songs i.e. Ole's song for instance. It's more commonly sung.
Yeah, but prob thought it'd be apt since its probably the 2nd most recognisable song after Glory Glory. Ole's song would be mint if he's making the trip as well.
air_mood
post Jul 14 2009, 05:51 PM

Randy Marsh, Guitar Queer-O
4,146 posts

QUOTE(Hevrn @ Jul 14 2009, 05:46 PM)
Yeah, but prob thought it'd be apt since its probably the 2nd most recognisable song after Glory Glory. Ole's song would be mint if he's making the trip as well.
Recognizable, but not usually sung. Ole's is one of the few favourite exceptions. Still continually being sung despite no longer playing. Like Eric's.

I'd go with Giggsy's, Neville's, Wazza's Park's or Vida's. It's more commonly sung nowadays. Hell, the only time I heard Take Me Home United Road last season was during the trophy celebrations and even then that was sung cause it was being played out on the PA system.
Wan
post Jul 14 2009, 06:03 PM

Glory Hunter
Group Icon
Elite
4,170 posts

FaezFarhan
post Jul 14 2009, 06:10 PM

United till I die!
3,424 posts

QUOTE(air_mood @ Jul 14 2009, 05:46 PM)
You can sing that with your fellow Real Madrid fans, or your fellow Ronaldo worshippers.
I'm just kidding la.. Why u so serious??? hmm.gif doh.gif
Wan
post Jul 14 2009, 06:16 PM

Glory Hunter
Group Icon
Elite
4,170 posts

Praise for new boys
Versatile players like Gabriel Obertan and Antonio Valencia are "invaluable", according to Reds boss Sir Alex. The new arrivals were unveiled at a press conference at Carrington on Monday, where the United manager was quick to sing their praises.

"They're both very quick and play in wide positions, although they can also play through the middle," he said. "Players who can play in several positions are invaluable in the modern game. "You saw the contribution John O’Shea made last season – we played him in three or four positions and he was excellent in every one. "But we like wide players at this club and [Obertan and Valencia] give us two more avenues to explore."

Sir Alex revealed United had been keeping tabs on French sensation Obertan for four years. "We’ve monitored Gabriel since he was 16 years of age and he was probably the most sought-after youngster in Europe. His form dipped a little last year, possibly due to an injury, but he’s regained that form and was fantastic against England U21s earlier this year. That reignited our interest in the boy."

Most of the questions at the press conference were directed at fellow new recruit Michael Owen, although Obertan did manage to get a few words in.

"To play even a few minutes on the pitch in every game would be great. I'll work hard while I'm here and we'll see what happens... "I think it would be pretentious of me [to talk about making France's squad for 2010 World Cup] but I'll work hard to progress and improve."

Valencia, too, had little to answer, but the Ecuador international did insist he felt no pressure to step into Cristiano Ronaldo's vacant boots. "When I had my first conversations with Manchester United it was never said that I was coming here to replace Cristiano. "Obviously Cristiano did very well here and he's a good player. But I’m here to do my job and to do the things that I do well. I’m keen to do well, I have a desire to do well, and I don’t really make any comparisons between myself and Cristiano."

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=...=6636157&page=1
Bring on the new season! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Wan: Jul 14 2009, 06:17 PM
whoopa
post Jul 14 2009, 06:18 PM

b~o~b~o
7,118 posts

me green gate .... how u guys going .. countdown 2 days ... red can u make a thread in events and gathering ...
TSalien2003
post Jul 14 2009, 06:35 PM

10k Club
Group Icon
Staff
12,754 posts

Sry for the long delay but here is the new thread smile.gif

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1096285

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0141sec    0.61    6 queries    GZIP Disabled