i7 Clan
Group Icon
Elite
8,705 posts

CASE SOLVED AS REFUND RECEIVED ON 16 NOV 2009 thumbup.gif

Forumer you are complaining against: zer0hour

Item being sold/bought: Apple iPhone 3G 8GB Maxis Set

Original thread link: http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=1043938

Date of transaction: RM100 deposit on 30 May 2009, RM1950 balance on 1 June 2009. Total: RM2050.

Details of the complaint :

1 June 2009
- full payment made.
- zer0hour couldn't send due to service at client site. delayed to the next day.

2 June 2009 - GDex pickup parcel at 5.15pm from his home, tracking code given

3 June 2009 - didn't receive parcel, tracking code no record.

4 June 2009
- still no parcel received, tracking code no record.
- called GDex customer service to double check, tracking code no record.
- contacted zer0hour to confirm the tracking code and it's correct.
- asked for a copy of GDex slip, sent me an unclear slip. okay promise me to email a scanned and clearer copy.

5 June 2009
- he called up GDex to complain, they request for a copy of pickup slip by fax. unfortunately no fax machine at client side
, delayed to the next week.

8 June 2009
- he faxed copy of pickup slip to GDex.
- GDex formed Service Investigation Team (SIT) to investigate the lost parcel and will revert within 3 working days.

11 June 2009
- GDex contacted zer0hour to ask the content in the lost parcel and request for purchase invoice
- the original invoice is attached in the lost parcel
- zer0hour promised to visit Maxis center the next day to request another copy of invoice.

12 June 2009 (Today)
- investigation still no outcome.
- still waiting latest response from ze0hour.
- zer0hour sent me pics of slip and Maxis invoice.
- couldn't recall GDex pickup code anyway...

15 June 2009
- zer0hour visited the Wisma MAA Gdex, and was unsuccessful. Stood there for half an hour while they checked, but in the end nothing.
- investigation is still proceeding, and will revert soon.

17 June 2009.
- zer0hour and I agreed to lodge police report, as the investigation doesn't really produce any positive output.
I've only been told that they couldn't find the parcel.

18 June 2009
- GDex insisted that there was no pickup made on 2nd and the slip is fake hence no postage was done that day as claimed by zer0hour
- GDex won't pay any compensate for the loss until zer0hour has a solid proof of that pickup.
- why did they reject blindly the slip?
- GDex claims that zer0hour only called them up to buy a box, no pickup.

21 June 2009
- zer0hour lodged police report against GDex and will convey this report to GDex.

11 July 2009
- owikh84 issues Consumer Tribunal, Cyber Crime Investigation Agency, and FOMCA against zer0hour.
- will fight in court soon.

13 Aug 2009
- Tribunal hearing postponed by zer0hour - can't attend in such a short notice

8 Sept 2009
- Tribunal hearing postponed by zer0hour - car accident

17 Sept 2009
- Last Tribunal hearing.
- owikh84 won the case & Tribunal will issue a refund notice within 14 days to zer0hour.

4 Nov 2009
- zer0hour claimed to hv send a cheque total RM2050 to me by Registered Post.
- Not receive until 16 Nov 2009 doh.gif

16 Nov 2009
- zer0hour refunded RM2050 to me via Maybank online.
- CASE SETTLED!!!! thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by owikh84: Nov 16 2009, 08:08 PM
SUSnordingh
post Jun 12 2009, 07:59 PM

I not 24 hours here...
4,419 posts

The investigation could take really long time. But seller could pay back you first so only him involved with the courier company.
zer0hour
post Jun 12 2009, 10:33 PM

Unlike Any Other
1,861 posts

QUOTE(owikh84 @ Jun 12 2009, 07:21 PM)
Forumer you are complaining against: zer0hour

Item being sold/bought: Apple iPhone 3G 8GB Maxis Set

Original thread link: http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=1043938

Date of transaction: RM100 deposit on 30 May 2009, RM1950 balance on 1 June 2009. Total: RM2050.

Details of the complaint :

1 June 2009
- full payment made.
- zer0hour couldn't send due to service at client site. delayed to the next day.

2 June 2009 - GDex pickup parcel at 5.15pm from his home, tracking code given

3 June 2009 - didn't receive parcel, tracking code no record.

4 June 2009
- still no parcel received, tracking code no record.
- called GDex customer service to double check, tracking code no record.
- contacted zer0hour to confirm the tracking code and it's correct.
- asked for a copy of GDex slip, sent me an unclear slip. okay promise me to email a scanned and clearer copy.

5 June 2009
- he called up GDex to complain, they request for a copy of pickup slip by fax. unfortunately no fax machine at client side
, delayed to the next week.

8 June 2009
- he faxed copy of pickup slip to GDex.
- GDex formed Service Investigation Team (SIT) to investigate the lost parcel and will revert within 3 working days.

11 June 2009
- GDex contacted zer0hour to ask the content in the lost parcel and request for purchase invoice
- the original invoice is attached in the lost parcel
- zer0hour promised to visit Maxis center the next day to request another copy of invoice.

12 June 2009 (Today)
- investigation still no outcome.
- still waiting latest response from ze0hour.
- zer0hour sent me pics of slip and Maxis invoice.
- couldn't recall GDex pickup code anyway...
Edited, I agree with owikh's timeline.
It would be great if anyone working with Gdex/has contacts in Gdex can provide assistance, otherwise I have no choice but to await the investigation outcome.

owikh, my update for June 12.
Another Gdex officer by name Kahila contacted me. The scans were sent to her, and investigation is still pending. She can be reached at 03-77872222 extension 2404.

Added on June 12, 2009, 10:40 pm
QUOTE(kikokiko @ Jun 12 2009, 08:11 PM)
dun ever sent Hand phones or valueable item thru courier company be it big or small..H/P are easy to be detected by ''old timers'' working there.I doubt zer0hour able to get compensation back for the lost h/p. sad.gif

zer0hour should call GDEX office which he requested for the pick up and ask which driver took the pick up..from the scenario u wrote,the item being ''sapu'' by the driver oledi..Investigation no need so long,they are just buying time only
kikokiko, the pickup request was made via Gdex's pickup hotline, 03-77876688, so I have no idea which office they're from.

This post has been edited by zer0hour: Jun 12 2009, 10:45 PM
aspire2oo6
post Jun 12 2009, 10:54 PM

Banned
34,712 posts

no matter what TS made payment if the item does not reach buyer. Everything is bare by seller except if stated clear in terms and condition
zer0hour
post Jun 12 2009, 10:56 PM

Unlike Any Other
1,861 posts

QUOTE(aspire2oo6 @ Jun 12 2009, 10:54 PM)
no matter what TS made payment if the item does not reach buyer. Everything is bare by seller except if stated clear in terms and condition
It is stated clearly in all my threads, postage buyer bears cost and risk.

This post has been edited by zer0hour: Jun 12 2009, 10:58 PM
myee
post Jun 12 2009, 11:01 PM

>>>>>SAMA Inside<<<<<
1,157 posts

last time i courier my hp using citi link...so when the staff asking what item inside...i telling them that hp inside...and then the staff didn't want to courier the item....they telling me that most of the hp that they are sending is gone and unreachable....they are saying like the staff is steeling the item rclxub.gif starting that time i use poslaju and insurance the item....
a13solut3
post Jun 12 2009, 11:13 PM

Whiner FTW!
1,673 posts

QUOTE(zer0hour @ Jun 12 2009, 10:56 PM)
It is stated clearly in all my threads, postage buyer bears cost and risk.
Then just try your best to help buyer to find where's the item gone. Good luck guys smile.gif All the best to both seller and buyer!
Terence573
post Jun 12 2009, 11:16 PM

wow!!!!!
2,459 posts

@zer0

wow man tats triple time u encounter "Courier Crisis" counting from Sakura,me and owikh. shocking.gif

last time u sent my gtx295 no problem what? but this time the item lost?

need to provide some solid prove to convince ppl....

gud luck bro...hope this wasn't what it suppose to be ended like...hopefully.

owikh84
post Jun 12 2009, 11:19 PM

i7 Clan
Group Icon
Elite
8,705 posts

QUOTE(Terence573 @ Jun 12 2009, 11:16 PM)
@zer0

wow man tats triple time u encounter "Courier Crisis" counting from Sakura,me and owikh. shocking.gif

Triple problematic postage deals.
That's why the terms "postage buyer bears cost and risk" is hard to apply in this case.
The way the iphone is packed is quite questionable here. Some pickup boys can smell the content if wrapping skill is not good.

This post has been edited by owikh84: Jun 12 2009, 11:23 PM
SUSnordingh
post Jun 12 2009, 11:22 PM

I not 24 hours here...
4,419 posts

QUOTE(myee @ Jun 12 2009, 11:01 PM)
last time i courier my hp using citi link...so when the staff asking what item inside...i telling them that hp inside...and then the staff didn't want to courier the item....they telling me that most of the hp that they are sending is gone and unreachable....they are saying like the staff is steeling the item rclxub.gif starting that time i use poslaju and insurance the item....
I sent phone using poslaju before... always reach....
zer0hour
post Jun 12 2009, 11:45 PM

Unlike Any Other
1,861 posts

QUOTE(a13solut3 @ Jun 12 2009, 11:13 PM)
Then just try your best to help buyer to find where's the item gone. Good luck guys smile.gif All the best to both seller and buyer!
Yeah bro, I am trying my best. Thanks for the wellwishes anyways =)

QUOTE(Terence573 @ Jun 12 2009, 11:16 PM)
@zer0

I know, it's shocking to me too. You and sakura finally received the item though.

And I changed courier+packing method d, thought it would be fine.

As for proof, all documentation has been provided to owikh d lor.

QUOTE(owikh84 @ Jun 12 2009, 11:19 PM)
Triple problematic postage deals.
That's why the terms "postage buyer bears cost and risk" is hard to apply in this case.
The way the iphone is packed is quite questionable here. Some pickup boys can smell the content if wrapping skill is not good.
We've discussed this kh, the Iphone's box was placed in another box, and that box was couriered. I stand by the packing method.
And as for the other 2, yeah, I admit, there were issues, but the deals were completed.

I feel I already took all reasonable precautions by changing courier+packing method.
sakurakinomoto
post Jun 12 2009, 11:47 PM

This was a triumph.
1,163 posts

By any chance, can you refund my RM20 postage fee? since we COD =D

In need of money so RM20 is quite a big amount for me.

notworthy.gif
zer0hour
post Jun 12 2009, 11:51 PM

Unlike Any Other
1,861 posts

QUOTE(sakurakinomoto @ Jun 12 2009, 11:47 PM)
By any chance, can you refund my RM20 postage fee? since we COD =D

In need of money so RM20 is quite a big amount for me.

notworthy.gif
Err bro, kinda offtopic. Though sure, that's fine. PM me your bank acc info?

This post has been edited by zer0hour: Jun 13 2009, 04:55 AM
suicideroach
post Jun 13 2009, 02:16 AM

kiss mah a^^
1,483 posts

i heard of a story before, about a postmen using some kind of metal detector that can detect the battery in the laptops and even in the phones. So i guess thats how they know what inside the package.. try to post the phone and the battery separately next time, maybe can prevent such cases. icon_rolleyes.gif dunno it will work or not, tongue.gif
a13solut3
post Jun 13 2009, 02:55 AM

Whiner FTW!
1,673 posts

QUOTE(suicideroach @ Jun 13 2009, 02:16 AM)
i heard of a story before, about a postmen using some kind of metal detector that can detect the battery in the laptops and even in the phones. So i guess thats how they know what inside the package.. try to post the phone and the battery separately next time, maybe can prevent such cases.  icon_rolleyes.gif  dunno it will work or not, tongue.gif
I think what you mean is that the battery have electronic boards inside, they can detect the signal from outer using some detector. That is real story though, that's why the only way to totally avoid the detection is to crash everything apart. But gods know how this professional could sniff them out. Curse those bloody greedytard.
Terence573
post Jun 13 2009, 03:46 AM

wow!!!!!
2,459 posts

QUOTE(a13solut3 @ Jun 13 2009, 03:55 AM)
I think what you mean is that the battery have electronic boards inside, they can detect the signal from outer using some detector. That is real story though, that's why the only way to totally avoid the detection is to crash everything apart. But gods know how this professional could sniff them out. Curse those bloody greedytard.
woah....if gpu can detect kar?

last time zer0 also sent using gdex. if it can sniff out then my gtx295 is a goner.
zer0hour
post Jun 13 2009, 05:05 AM

Unlike Any Other
1,861 posts

QUOTE(suicideroach @ Jun 13 2009, 02:16 AM)
i heard of a story before, about a postmen using some kind of metal detector that can detect the battery in the laptops and even in the phones. So i guess thats how they know what inside the package.. try to post the phone and the battery separately next time, maybe can prevent such cases.  icon_rolleyes.gif  dunno it will work or not, tongue.gif
QUOTE(a13solut3 @ Jun 13 2009, 02:55 AM)
QUOTE(Terence573 @ Jun 13 2009, 03:46 AM)
woah....if gpu can detect kar?

last time zer0 also sent using gdex. if it can sniff out then my gtx295 is a goner.
Hmm guys, I just did some research, and apparently the Sun reported on a gang of laptop thieves using an induction amplifier to detect laptops in car boots.
I'm kinda skeptical, but here's a pic of the headline.

Attached Image

QUOTE(kikokiko @ Jun 13 2009, 02:17 AM)
bro zer0hour,

check with ur nearest GDEX ofis...example if u are in ipoh,find the ofis near to ipoh..they all have branches in towns and service center in more rural are..u can go GDEX website n look for the nearest GDEX ofis near ur place..like i said ur hope of getting a refund is 0..they will ask wat item isit..if u say is hp than most probaly they wont compensate u at all max max oso 300 or less if they do..

my suggestion to u is kick a fuss up..the tracking number given to u i believe will be issued to a specific driver.ask the ofis to find the driver.because he made the pick up from ur place and high chance he took it..tat y dun ever send valueable items tru courier..thier old timers nose is like a dog..good in sniffing valueable items out..
Noted bro, thanks for the advice. Nearest to my place is probably Wisma MAA, I'll inform the case officer on Monday. And yeah, confirmed I will (and have) kick up a fuss..

This post has been edited by zer0hour: Jun 13 2009, 05:06 AM
sakurakinomoto
post Jun 13 2009, 06:52 AM

This was a triumph.
1,163 posts

Will be looking forward into this case notworthy.gif
owikh84
post Jun 13 2009, 07:58 AM

i7 Clan
Group Icon
Elite
8,705 posts

QUOTE(zer0hour @ Jun 13 2009, 05:05 AM)
Noted bro, thanks for the advice. Nearest to my place is probably Wisma MAA, I'll inform the case officer on Monday. And yeah, confirmed I will (and have) kick up a fuss..
Like I've told u last week, just proceed to the GDex center or HQ.
U faxed/called this and that couldn't really push them to work.
Now it's dragged to the 3rd week.
E-safetrade
post Jun 13 2009, 01:23 PM

6 posts

Everything investigation has it own timeline, after that, they should refund you for their mistake. Please push the courier service and ask the investigation timeline. Alot of courier service nowdays have problem, especially skynet.

10 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0218sec    0.39    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:51 PM