Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Malaysia iPhone Apps & Games Developers Thread, No JOB ADVERTISING ALLOWED!!

views

fyire
post Apr 16 2009, 11:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
VIP
9,270 posts

For those wanting to get started on Cocoa Touch development:

http://deimos3.apple.com/WebObjects/Core.w...965.02024353968

This URL will open up in iTunes, where you can download for free the Lecture video as well as Lecture notes of the iPhone Application Programming subject that is taught at Stanford Uni.

There's only 4 lectures on there so far, but more will be added as the semester goes on. Can expect new materials every monday and wednesday (or at least 1-2 days after those classes)

This post has been edited by fyire: Apr 16 2009, 11:59 PM
etsuko
post Apr 24 2009, 06:26 PM

Spaced out person
Group Icon
Elite
4,210 posts

It'd be good to maintain a list of iphone developers. It'll be handy when I need to find some outsource assistance. smile.gif
yaofong
post Apr 28 2009, 10:06 PM

Getting Started
264 posts

will graduate by nex week...by then I will start learning developing iphone app
1 ques, it takes how long for u guys from learning to finishing the first app?
kfc
post Apr 28 2009, 10:30 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

cool.
smile.gif
i'm starting to learn this on my free time.
I wanted to make 3d games for iphone. so far i'm also interested to buy Unity3d to add to the toolset.
I've just starting to have a little more time in my hands. hopefully objective-c isn't that hard to be picked up.
cheers.
fyire
post Apr 28 2009, 10:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
VIP
9,270 posts

QUOTE(kfc @ Apr 28 2009, 10:30 PM)
cool.
smile.gif
i'm starting to learn this on my free time.
I wanted to make 3d games for iphone. so far i'm also interested to buy Unity3d to add to the toolset.
I've just starting to have a little more time in my hands. hopefully objective-c isn't that hard to be picked up.
cheers.
Objective C is pretty easy actually. Just a matter of getting used to their slightly different syntax. The bulk of the time is actually spent familiarizing yourself with the Cocoa Touch framework.

Its the same for any language out there too. for example: Java as a language is easy. But is the frameworks such as J2EE and so forth that consumes the most time in the learning process.
kfc
post Apr 28 2009, 11:32 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

the thing is i've always been an artist more than a programmer.
My experience with syntax so far is all for scripting in Mel (maya), maxscript, html and some xml that's been utilized in game engines. I also know some simple scripting for fx shaders and renderman shaders. ah.... i also know some simple pythons.
objective-c sounds like c made in to compounds that we can mix and match freely. I just worry that I don have a brain big enough to make things work.
tongue.gif

This post has been edited by kfc: Apr 28 2009, 11:33 PM
teoh1979
post Apr 30 2009, 10:59 PM

12 posts

For those who want to make 2D game for iphone you can consider cocos2d framework at http://code.google.com/p/cocos2d-iphone/

The coding is much more simpler and easy to understand if you study through samples that come in the zip file.

By the way im currently creating an iphone game with 3 other friends. It's called Shaolin Is Awesome!!! smile.gif
friends
post May 1 2009, 03:40 PM

Benjiro Kujo
1,291 posts

I'm keen to learn iPhone/Mac programming language.
I do have programming knowledge, but not the Object-Oriented one.

In order to get started with it.... I know the prequisition is to know Obj C language.
Any good recommendation resources (or books) on learning Obj C language from bottom up (preferably with sample to illustrate and understand).

That would be very nice if any of you could provide that. TQvm
kazasho
post May 1 2009, 04:06 PM

カザショ!
1,964 posts

nice! beautiful!

if Im not mistaken, Dark Steno is one of maxis iphone app developer.
Bahir.
post May 3 2009, 04:55 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

Just curious but has anyone found any Malaysian specific apps in the app store..? The only one ive found is Buuuk, which is a food review place that has locations in Malaysia,Indonesia,Bangkok and a few asian cities..Does anyone know of anymore apps that are for Malaysians?

Just curious but has anyone found any Malaysian specific apps in the app store..? The only one ive found is Buuuk..Does anyone know of anymore apps that are for Malaysians?
bryanyeo
post May 3 2009, 05:01 PM

Apple rox
1,475 posts

I have 1 question, must i use a mac if i wanna develop app? Coz i see the software are all for mac. Can windows user develop app? I have linux too btw.
wahkiz
post May 3 2009, 05:15 PM

Casual
304 posts

@Bahir
Check the first page of this thread.

@bryanyeo
Only a mac can develop apps for iphone as xcode is its only coding ide. Also, you will have to learn a relatively different language called obj-c, which is not similar to other languages (altho its C compatible).

teoh1979
post May 3 2009, 05:22 PM

12 posts

^^ you can try the torque iphone engine from www.garagegames.com. I read from requirement page that you can use windows to develop iphone game.

however i read some comment from somewhere before that in the end you still need mac os to port your game to iphone or itouch to test your game on the device.. but dont take my word for it.

btw the torque iphone is pricey at USD500 plus you need to have the TGH pro engine before you can run the torque iphone which is another USD250.

One alternative way is to run mac os on your 'PC'. I tried that before and install the iphone sdk and it runs!! However i couldn't find a complete drivers for my pc so it was a bit messy using the mac os on my pc so i went and bought a macbook pro later on..
Bahir.
post May 3 2009, 06:39 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

@wahkiz - Im not looking for Malaysian developers..im looking for apps that can be used for local content..the only one ive seen so far is Buuuk..has anyone found anything else?
nokia2003
post May 5 2009, 07:06 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,786 posts

QUOTE(Bahir. @ May 3 2009, 06:39 PM)
@wahkiz - Im not looking for Malaysian developers..im looking for apps that can be used for local content..the only one ive seen so far is Buuuk..has anyone found anything else?
perhaps you can try to check out the "penang bridge" app which lets you view images of the bridge (in almost real time). great traffic surveillance IMHO.

i will let the pictures, do all the talking alright?

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
erm is that my ride? whistling.gif

and a little OT biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by nokia2003: May 5 2009, 07:06 AM
david888
post May 11 2009, 04:50 PM

Regular
1,069 posts

any iphone developer here already upgraded to iphone OS3.0 beta 5 sdk? i received an email from apple asking me to test my apps on OS3.0 beta sdk, but i worry i am unable to reverse back to older OS2.2.
fyire
post May 11 2009, 08:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
VIP
9,270 posts

QUOTE(david888 @ May 11 2009, 04:50 PM)
any iphone developer here already upgraded to  iphone OS3.0 beta 5 sdk? i received an email from apple asking me to test my apps on OS3.0 beta sdk, but i worry i am unable to reverse back to older OS2.2.
just downloaded it to my office, and collecting the whole bunch of files tomorrow (SDK, OS images + itunes 8.2 beta). And yes, you cannot revert back to the 2.x OS after updating. Of which is why I'm not updating it on my iPhone, but testing it out for the time being on a pair of iPod Touches (1G and 2G)
david888
post May 11 2009, 11:24 PM

Regular
1,069 posts

QUOTE(fyire @ May 11 2009, 08:58 PM)
just downloaded it to my office, and collecting the whole bunch of files tomorrow (SDK, OS images + itunes 8.2 beta). And yes, you cannot revert back to the 2.x OS after updating. Of which is why I'm not updating it on my iPhone, but testing it out for the time being on a pair of iPod Touches (1G and 2G)
wow, fyire, looks like you have all the ipod series!!! smile.gif if i make enough extra money from iphone apps, then i will buy some more for testing purpose. now, i better wait for the more stable release first. smile.gif

This post has been edited by david888: May 11 2009, 11:29 PM
vailance
post May 14 2009, 12:58 PM

wat??
841 posts

icodeblog.com has alot tutorials for beginner like those who haven't really know wad they doing after installed the sdk like me haha. after u went through the 1st few tutorial u will felt like getting a Dev account haha
ron4
post May 16 2009, 08:13 PM

Regular
1,123 posts

Do u guys knows about Mono with C# for iPhone development. Heard before that more and more application developed using Mono in App Store for iPhone especially game and applications.

Example http://tirania.org/blog/archive/2009/Jan-07.html

This post has been edited by ron4: May 16 2009, 08:20 PM

24 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0220sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:19 PM