Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> DIY amp club V2, Post your DIY amp here (DIY)

views

sakaic
post Feb 19 2009, 10:43 PM

Enthusiast
867 posts

regarding the pcbs......my supervisor contracts this company ni Kampar or somewhere in Perak.

the minimum order i head is 700 bucks though
sakaic
post Jun 23 2010, 10:30 PM

Enthusiast
867 posts

jazzy....roughly how much did that trans cost ?

wanna build one for LME49830 biggrin.gif
sakaic
post Jun 24 2010, 02:33 PM

Enthusiast
867 posts

Thanks.....wanna finish drawing the pcb first. Then will order.
sakaic
post Jun 24 2010, 11:45 PM

Enthusiast
867 posts

using proteus. Don't ask if ori tongue.gif
sakaic
post Sep 11 2010, 01:44 AM

Enthusiast
867 posts

the case dimensions look like they can fit into a lab rack......

but seriously, most of the time when i see people build class A solid states they tend to be that huge.
sakaic
post Nov 7 2010, 09:03 PM

Enthusiast
867 posts

QUOTE(stan001 @ Oct 23 2010, 11:39 PM)
Thanks for the reply..

I just want to use a PC Oscilloscope to do basic  RF troubleshoot and learn more about the electrical signals...

Got a pair of 315Mhz RF Transmitter and Receiver.. could not get it working with Arduino... and cannot "see" RF so need an DIY oscilloscope to "see" the RF. Will I be able to "see" anything since the soundcard is only at 44.1Khz ??
I use Arduino bcos of a few reasons :-

1. It is easy for beginners / noob like myself ( I'm a very new to electronics ) cos it was designed for artists/fashion designer

2. It is open source hardware ( parts is easily available here in Malaysia ), read my blog for details..

3. Lots of vendors selling Arduino here in Malaysia

4. Lots of libraries and a very large communities worldwide ( http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=projects )

5. The language is C like... make me feel at home.. (other MCU lang looks like assembly lang... yucks!!! )

6. I hv figure out the LCD portion, the IR remote RX/TX should be easy, lots of articles online using Arduino
What is a high end attenuator ??

I'm currently using a TA-2020 MKIII made by one of the forumer here, just using it, did not modify it or anything... just use it to drive my bookshelf speakers...

You can read up a very good tutorial here :-
http://www.ladyada.net/learn/arduino/

IR remote stuff here :-
http://www.ladyada.net/learn/sensors/ir.html

You can buy an Arduino locally in KL at : http://www.homebrew-tech.com/
Hi, just my opinion.

Is it possible to give us the rx/tx pair model number?

It is virtually impossible for those not in the industry to scope a signal higher than 200MHz as there are not that many scopes that can do so. Usually a mixed signal scope or RF scope can do so.

I suggest that you only check the input and output pins of your rx/tx pair. send in a 1Khz square wave into the tx and see if the same happens on the rx side. if cannot see anything then there is some thing basic that is wrong. IC kaput kah or some setting wrong like enable not set.

BTW Arduino or not, most MCU have C based compilers. If you want even easier try STAMP or some MCUs that have BASIC compilers.

sakaic
post Mar 23 2011, 11:10 PM

Enthusiast
867 posts

anyone interested in building LME49830?

This post has been edited by sakaic: Mar 23 2011, 11:11 PM
sakaic
post Mar 25 2011, 04:54 PM

Enthusiast
867 posts

from panson audio?
sakaic
post May 12 2011, 12:21 AM

Enthusiast
867 posts

Hi,

This is my current project. I intend to use it as a headphone amp.

Has anyone used this topology before? I was wondering if there is anything that I should look out for.

Also, was wondering if this counts as class A.

Thanks

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
sakaic
post May 19 2011, 11:36 AM

Enthusiast
867 posts

But won't the feedback of the amp compensate for the error in Vgs?

cos for now, the output of the op-amp is constantly a certain voltage.

P.S. got any reference so I can understand a bit more? Thanks

This post has been edited by sakaic: May 21 2011, 01:27 AM
sakaic
post Feb 23 2017, 01:54 AM

Enthusiast
867 posts

QUOTE(qboy123 @ Sep 6 2016, 11:38 AM)
Hi Audio DIYers..

I am interested to make another audio amplifier since after 19yrs ago my first amplifier was built with the help from my friend. I have no knowledge in electronics stuff due to I am a fully mechanical guy. I'm doing the casing n assembling work while my friend was doing the soldering n fine tune the amp. for me.

Recently when I was clearing my old junk drawer, I found an unused toroidal transformer, therefore I would like to start another DIY to make use this transformer.

The specs for the transformer,
Made: Nuvotem
Primary - 0 - 230v
Sec. : 2x 0-25v (2.4A)
Power rating - 120VA

Is there any DIY project amp. suitable to use this transformer?
Thank you.
Try the trusty lm3886. A lot of reference out there and seems about right for this voltage range.
sakaic
post Jul 5 2017, 11:32 PM

Enthusiast
867 posts

BTW, recently at work we are using the service of a Chinese PCB manufacturer and the pricing quite cheap. I also have a PCB milling machine for prototype making. Recently tangan gatal to start again. Any projects to make as a group?

Then can share PCB fab costs as well as make stuff as newer IC most of them surface mount so will start to need double layer PCB. Just a thought.
sakaic
post Jul 8 2017, 01:43 AM

Enthusiast
867 posts

QUOTE(shinnie @ Jul 5 2017, 11:50 PM)
OMG this sounds cool, Let kick start a project together! My Asus Xonar D2X 's ADC is at the weak side, I am thinking to build myself an 24bit ADC before I buy the modulus86, so I can measure the complete products (at least down to 0.001%)  drool.gif 

How many layers PCB you are able to prototype bruh?
2 layers only lah.
sakaic
post Jul 9 2017, 11:25 AM

Enthusiast
867 posts

Anyone else? As usual these things are cheaper with volume. And we can even start to consider surface mounted components.
sakaic
post Jul 10 2017, 11:05 PM

Enthusiast
867 posts

kawan, if can see can get a bulk. More ppl together-gether components etc all cheaper

if have to one shot 10 pcs pcb what you wanna do? makan?
sakaic
post May 31 2018, 11:29 AM

Enthusiast
867 posts

QUOTE(xboxrockers @ May 30 2018, 01:10 PM)
Are u still interested ? I am in
Always am. Lol.

This topic I thought colder than ice ady.
sakaic
post Jun 1 2018, 12:30 PM

Enthusiast
867 posts

QUOTE(xboxrockers @ May 31 2018, 12:00 PM)
Ok let's plan what amp to build..
What's hot these days?
sakaic
post Jun 3 2018, 11:47 PM

Enthusiast
867 posts

QUOTE(penmarker @ Jun 1 2018, 04:50 PM)
Got minimum amount for discount prices?
There usually is. not only for the PCB and components but if there are tricky ICs to solder, we can bulk solder them. BUT first, we have to have a target project

QUOTE(xboxrockers @ Jun 3 2018, 04:04 PM)
I am thinking to build something can integrate make it work with WiFi, Blueetooh and ethernet so can make it look like an IoT Ready DAC  drool.gif .. What's your opinion ?
Currently the best I can find for bluetooth is AptX and if you want the easier route for such a DAC, having a Raspberry Pi at the core makes life a lot easier on the software side.

I think we start a "group workflow" first. Start learning to work together. Maybe start with a switching amplifier or some kind of discrete class A? Then we move to more complicated stuff? I can do some of it, but no time to do all of it. My work killing me......

Maybe with a TPA3244, or LM3886 or PCM2706 for warmup. Then we move to bigger things? I want to establish some kind of community standard like what CAD software, what kind of microcontroller (if used). Who does the layout, who does the schematics? Who does the prototyping? Who is good at programming? That sort of thing. I tried working with another gang for digital potentiometer volume control. It fell through halfway because could not agree on things.

Maybe can revive my PGA2311 project. Wanted to build a general module for power and volume control with remote for DIY amps. Also had a rotary encoder for manual volume control.
sakaic
post Jun 4 2018, 07:07 AM

Enthusiast
867 posts

Ok, do we have a reference design? Or are we designing from scratch? Maybe something from passdiy?
sakaic
post Jun 4 2018, 11:19 PM

Enthusiast
867 posts

QUOTE(xboxrockers @ Jun 4 2018, 02:56 PM)
Since you said let's do it simple. Let's do a class A amp with BJT design ? Do you agree ? do you have a reference source for it ? else i will find one
Let's finish that and connect it with a development board I have (STM32), it has audio support. Can do streaming. There's a DAC in it.
You talking speaker amp or headphone amp?

If speaker then the simplest is this one

http://diyaudioprojects.com/Solid/ZCA/ZCA.htm

Btw, which stm32? I only have stm32 discovery.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0781sec    3.14    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 15th December 2019 - 11:22 PM