33 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Travel to Gold Coast, Brisbane, Queensland Australia

views

TSMikken
post Jan 3 2009, 10:01 PM, updated 8y ago

#
1,092 posts

I will be going to Gold Coast in April 2009. Will be going with another buddy of mine. So far, I have not planned anything yet. Can you guys give me some suggestions? The trip's duration is 2 weeks.

How much budget do I need, assuming that I stay in hostel and nothing too fancy (spendtrift). Besides GC, where should I go, since 2 weeks is quite a long time to spend just in one city.

When should I apply the visa online?

Appreciate all your help. rclxms.gif
allegretto87
post Jan 3 2009, 10:12 PM

47 posts

QUOTE(Mikken @ Jan 3 2009, 10:01 PM)

That visa can last for a year, valid for 3 months once u use it.
so, u can apply even now
BUT just a thing to let u know, apply online cost 20AUD , apply through travel agency cost 20 ringgit (this is weird but anyone who knows this better, am i wrong?)
salcom
post Jan 3 2009, 11:28 PM

Casual
432 posts

take a car and drive around brisbane. it's about an hour and half away from gold coast

at gold coast, you can pay a visit to theme park like movie world, dream world, and sea world. if u fancy koala bear, try Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary about 4 mins drive from gold coast city.

brisbane can never be missed and it's a must. plan your trip to brizzy and then to gold coast.
K.O
post Jan 6 2009, 08:39 PM

15 posts

If you wanna do your shopping, you can go to Harbour Town in Gold Coast. It's sorta like a factory outlet for many brands.

And if you rent a car, you can actually explore many places in Queensland, not only in Gold Coast. You can go to Brisbane, Cairn ( Snorkelling @ Great Barrier Reef) , Sunshine Coast ( Australia Zoo a.k.a Steve Irvin Zoo), you can also drive up to the mountains to visit wineries, or take a package to learn to surf.

Makakeke
post Jan 7 2009, 12:44 AM

Casual
310 posts

QUOTE(Mikken @ Jan 3 2009, 10:01 PM)
I will be going to Gold Coast in April 2009. Will be going with another buddy of mine. So far, I have not planned anything yet. Can you guys give me some suggestions? The trip's duration is 2 weeks.

How much budget do I need, assuming that I stay in hostel and nothing too fancy (spendtrift). Besides GC, where should I go, since 2 weeks is quite a long time to spend just in one city.

Appreciate all your help.  rclxms.gif
Spend a week in GC itself. 3 days in the theme parks, I'd recommend Dreamworld, Movieworld and Whitewater World. It'll cost around $170. Spend the rest of the week in Surfers Paradise, the beaches, learn to surf and of course shopping in Harbour Town. BTW if you wanna stay in hostels, stay in YHA Main Beach (excellent backpackers) or you can opt to stay in Surfers Paradise.

The other week, get yourself to Brisbane (i find it so-so only, Sydney and Melbourne are the best cities). Just 2 days in the city of Brisbane is good enough. If you're not on a tight budget, you can visit places like Byron Bay, Frasers Island, and Moreton Island. But if I were you, I'll shorten the trip in GC/Brisbane and fly to Syd/Melb for 4-5 days, which I'd highly recommend.
mygarage
post Jan 30 2009, 11:47 AM

36 posts

Hi friends,

Im planning for a honey moon trip this June to Gold Coast. Pls gimme any idea or suggestion that can help me in term of budget or places to that cant be missed. FYI, planning to take AIRASIA package with hotel (Couryard Marriot Hotel, i think) that cost rm3k ++ for 2adults. After googling on the net, found out June is the winter season there, so assuming its not so exensive for a coastal beach holiday. Am i right...??? Pls advise. Appreciate u guys input or comment. Thousand thanks. notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by mygarage: Jan 30 2009, 11:48 AM
SUSf4tE
post Jan 30 2009, 12:10 PM

Regular
1,605 posts

oh married already..hehe... congrats... i wanna ask the rm 3k include accomodation and transport 2 way?? not tour packagE?
wlcling
post Jan 30 2009, 02:23 PM

Hippidy Hoppidy
2,711 posts

3k? how many nights, and inclusive theme park admission?

Not to be missed is just the usual attractions like Movie World, and Dream World lo (and maybe sea world too). Other than that & surfing or beach activities , can't think of anything special in Gold Coast. Winter in Gold Coast is not that cold (21c?), so i don't really think prices are really impacted much.

SUSf4tE
post Jan 30 2009, 02:47 PM

Regular
1,605 posts

rm3k for the tour seems very cheap..i think only flght and accom... but if 2 way flight oso not bad...
abubin
post Jan 30 2009, 04:59 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

I also planning to go to GC. Still looking around for cheap Airasia fair. Also, not sure which hotel is good. Must be at least 3 star cause my family is clean freaks. So, once there, what is the mode of transportation? Easy like Singapore?
mygarage
post Jan 31 2009, 08:33 AM

36 posts

smile.gif sory guyz correction...actually price is RM4k++ for flight & accom. only. Oh so if not that cold could be less crowded than summer? PLs advise...experience cold climate country before..on winter season price is more cheaper than usual loo..
quantum
post Feb 1 2009, 02:56 AM

On my way
618 posts

Surfer's has less people during winter since it's cold. You don't really need to worry about crowds really....even during summer its crowded but not like when you go to the pasar malam in Malaysia. In Surfer's @ Gold coast you can do:

1) some lepaking around the beach
2) rent a car to go to Mt Tambourine, Springbrook national park
3) harbour town shopping (factory outlet with major brands like Tommy Hilfiger, Polo Ralph, Lacoste, Sheridan, Nike, Adidas, Fila, Esprit)
4) Spend a day or 2 in the Brisbane city (lots of choices for fine dining as most of the good food in queensland is there). Theres also a nice ferris wheel across the river in South Bank. Also, for beer lovers try out the XXXX brewery tour (only 5mins from the city)
5) Outer rims. Get some scenery and wine tours.
6) Go up to Sunshine coast for somemore scenery such as Glass House mountains. You could also stop by in other areas for cheap seafood. Going further up north you can check out the beaches in Sunshine coast as well but I think the sand in Surfer's is way better
mygarage
post Feb 1 2009, 01:41 PM

36 posts

hey tks mate..good info...smile.gif will do more research on that smile.gif
terryykf
post Feb 1 2009, 03:27 PM

Getting Started
175 posts

I wud like to go Gold Coast one day too...
actually guys,not necessarily need to wait for AirAsia's promo,sometimes even MAS also much more cheaper than AIrAsia.you just have to google around...
quantum
post Feb 1 2009, 03:52 PM

On my way
618 posts

MAS will stop in Brisbane so it's a longer drive down to Gold Coast

This post has been edited by quantum: Feb 1 2009, 04:01 PM
terryykf
post Feb 1 2009, 04:35 PM

Getting Started
175 posts

QUOTE(quantum @ Feb 1 2009, 03:52 PM)
MAS will stop in Brisbane so it's a longer drive down to Gold Coast
oh i see,thanks for the info...
dhillon79
post Feb 25 2009, 05:40 PM

22 posts

Hi, I went for my honeymoon to GC last year in July.
It was during winter. it was not cold for me but it was for my wife.
For me the whether was just nice about 18-20 C.
i was there for 7D 5N. i used the GoHoliday from AirAsia which cost me about 7k (includes hotel, air fare + tax and its return). the rate that time was 3.1 and now its much better.

I stayed in Watermark Hotel and found that this was a superb hotel really worth the money and the package i took. the only thing was i got 2 queen size bed on my honeymoon. this was done by airasia which I didn’t know until i was there. no a big deal as I wan able to change to king size and just add about rm300 more. but was worth it.

Recommended places to see and what I did during my stay in GC are:

1. Surfers Paradise, the beaches and the walk path that area. A lot of makan places there. There is a McD there as well. There is one Pizza shop there a small one cant remember the name its really really nice.

2. Hard Rock Cafe is just before u head to Cavill Ave. Walking is the best way to go here as u can just go to CAVILL AVENUE MALL.

3. Q1 (Queensland Number One) is a super tall skyscraper located in Surfers Paradise. You must visit the observation deck at levels 77. More info at qdeck.com.au

4. Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary – the best place to see Kola bear & Kangaroos. U can feed the Kangaroos here.

5. Do check out the shopping complex – Pacific Fair & Australian Fair. I saw Hancock in Pacific Fair shopping complex and it was a interesting experience. They don’t have sweet popcorn and only salty ones. Kind of odd. And the large size it’s just damn big.

My wife and me travel with bus and its not expensive if you the 1day travel rate.
I can’t wait to go there again. Some pictures of Gold Coast from my camera are located in hxxp://picasaweb.google.com/JazCharan/GoldCoastAustralia

To all who are going to GC hope the info helps and enjoys yourselves.

sanrio
post Apr 6 2009, 08:50 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(dhillon79 @ Feb 25 2009, 05:40 PM)
Hi, I went for my honeymoon to GC last year in July.
It was during winter. it was not cold for me but it was for my wife.
For me the whether was just nice about 18-20 C.
i was there for 7D 5N. i used the GoHoliday from AirAsia which cost me about 7k (includes hotel, air fare + tax and its return). the rate that time was 3.1 and now its much better.

I stayed in Watermark Hotel and found that this was a superb hotel really worth the money and the package i took. the only thing was i got 2 queen size bed on my honeymoon. this was done by airasia which I didn’t know until i was there. no a big deal as I wan able to change to king size and just add about rm300 more. but was worth it.

Recommended places to see and what I did during my stay in GC are:

1. Surfers Paradise, the beaches and the walk path that area. A lot of makan places there. There is a McD there as well. There is one Pizza shop there a small one cant remember the name its really really nice.

2. Hard Rock Cafe is just before u head to Cavill Ave. Walking is the best way to go here as u can just go to CAVILL AVENUE MALL.

3. Q1 (Queensland Number One) is a super tall skyscraper located in Surfers Paradise. You must visit the observation deck at levels 77. More info at qdeck.com.au

4. Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary – the best place to see Kola bear & Kangaroos. U can feed the Kangaroos here.

5. Do check out the shopping complex – Pacific Fair & Australian Fair. I saw Hancock in Pacific Fair shopping complex and it was a interesting experience. They don’t have sweet popcorn and only salty ones. Kind of odd. And the large size it’s just damn big.

My wife and me travel with bus and its not expensive if you the 1day travel rate.
I can’t wait to go there again. Some pictures of Gold Coast from my camera are located in hxxp://picasaweb.google.com/JazCharan/GoldCoastAustralia

To all who are going to GC hope the info helps and enjoys yourselves.
Oh.. great to know so much from u about GC as i wl be taking my family there this June. i want to plan a good trip for them but under our budget as i see fr the website, it really cost alot travelling on the shuttle service and theme parks entrance fees. i want to make it free and easy where we can travel by bus but stop and visit as we go along. any suggestion?
Xziled
post Apr 9 2009, 03:47 AM

Assasin CrossX
602 posts

I think 1 week is more than enough at GC/Brisbane ler...
maybe can plan to go Tasmania,Melbourne, Cairns?
Assassin
post Apr 10 2009, 10:30 PM

Enthusiast
772 posts

The airasia flight touch down in brisbane or gold coast?
cos from brisbane airport to gold coast quite a distance

33 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0245sec    0.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:11 PM