Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Sekolah Teknik

views

notystar_exe
post Jan 14 2009, 08:29 PM

✖kapan™✖
725 posts

QUOTE(QD_buyer @ Jan 14 2009, 08:23 PM)
what is the best sekolah teknik in Malaysia?

give me 5 schools biggrin.gif
last 2 year imma sek teknik persiaran brash,ipoh student...and currently further my stdy at local univ~

bout the ranking..my school was in d 3rd place for that while...forgot already who as da frst n second doh.gif
TSQD_buyer
post Jan 14 2009, 08:32 PM

John and Paul™
2,047 posts

thanks bro!

anyone wanan suggest other technic school ?
zariqcools
post Jan 14 2009, 10:15 PM

Kerr
711 posts

Best one is a SMT Cheras.
w00ty
post Jan 14 2009, 11:22 PM

21 posts

I am from SMT Cheras so i would definitely vote for that! Anyway i am not trying to be biased. I do think our school ranked quite high among all the other technical institutes
igor_is300
post Jan 17 2009, 11:32 AM

Cheesy & Corny
2,728 posts

The best technical school ?

Only 2 technical schools listed under 'Sekolah Cluster' programme to date, Sekolah Menengah Teknik (Cheras) Kuala Lumpur (TIKL) and Sekolah Menengah Teknik Tuanku Ja'afar.

Our present Works Minister, Datuk Ir. Mohd. Zin Mohamad is one of the TIKL notable alumni.
Panda12
post Jan 17 2009, 12:47 PM

Regular
1,082 posts

I dont recommend sekolah teknik thou.. Why not study in the norm secondary school?
SUSOptiplex330
post Jan 17 2009, 12:52 PM

10k Club
12,696 posts

QUOTE(Panda12 @ Jan 17 2009, 12:47 PM)
I dont recommend sekolah teknik thou.. Why not study in the norm secondary school?
You mean you do not recommend SM Teknik, SM Sain and matriculasi and instead go for normal SMK? May I ask why?

Panda12
post Jan 17 2009, 12:58 PM

Regular
1,082 posts

alright. tell me what is so good about sekolah teknik.
SUSOptiplex330
post Jan 17 2009, 01:04 PM

10k Club
12,696 posts

QUOTE(Panda12 @ Jan 17 2009, 12:58 PM)
Go read page 1 of this thread.

In a nutshell, Teknik has far more money and resources to be spend on student than normal secondary school.
Panda12
post Jan 17 2009, 01:09 PM

Regular
1,082 posts

all the sekolah teknik i know are very lousy. maybe i have not yet seen a good one like you mentioned earlier..
SUSOptiplex330
post Jan 17 2009, 01:11 PM

10k Club
12,696 posts

Are you talking about Vocational school or Teknik school? Even though some are at the same address, they are NOT the same.

Panda12
post Jan 17 2009, 01:12 PM

Regular
1,082 posts

I'm talking about teknik schools.
visionary1993
post Jan 17 2009, 01:54 PM

Casual
360 posts

I agree with Panda..... Most of the people who go to mrsm etc. Is going to brag and boast what their school got or their results or even brag to other people that they are in mrsm etc.

You can be smart anywhere. Still the same la. doh.gif

igor_is300
post Jan 17 2009, 09:51 PM

Cheesy & Corny
2,728 posts

QUOTE(Panda12 @ Jan 17 2009, 12:58 PM)
Basically you will learn sciences subject with Biology subject replaced with another 2 technical subjects eg: Lukisan Kejuruteraan, Pengajian Kejuruteraan Jentera, Pengajian Kejuruteraan Elektrik, Pengajian Kejuruteraan Awam, Perdagangan and etc.

Hence you will have an earlier exposure of engineering/technical fundamentals during higher secondary. Thus you will get a streamlined and more focus career choice upon applying for tertiary level if you want to become an engineer or accountant.

QUOTE(visionary1993 @ Jan 17 2009, 01:54 PM)
I agree with Panda..... Most of the people who go to mrsm etc. Is going to brag and boast what their school got or their results or even brag to other people that they are in mrsm etc.

You can be smart anywhere. Still the same la.  doh.gif
Of course MRSMs are filled with the brightest students across the nation where most of them are malay. They are emphasizing straight coaching towards academics excellence and I'm not surprised some of the students fared pretty well in olympiads. Not forgetting they have the best SPM results according to the student/school ratio and secured most of the gov. overseas scholarship.

Anyway, I'm seeing technical school students are more independent and less being spoon fed by the teachers especially the ones who residing in the hostel. Thus most of the good results produced by the students are not superficial.

Yeah, you can get the best coaching if you are attending tuition classes and still studying at daily school while getting good results, but that's not the point of gaining extra experience while you are young.

How do I know ? Well, coming from TIKL cheras myself 10 years ago and also coming from a circle which have a mix of ex-MRSMs and residential school students including daily school, I know what I'm talking about. smile.gif

This post has been edited by igor_is300: Jan 17 2009, 09:54 PM
visionary1993
post Jan 18 2009, 08:54 AM

Casual
360 posts

QUOTE(igor_is300 @ Jan 17 2009, 09:51 PM)

Yeah, you can get the best coaching if you are attending tuition classes and still studying at daily school while getting good results, but that's not the point of gaining extra experience while you are young. 

You dont need to attend tution classes if your studying at daily school to succeed. Thats the point, you have free time to go do something that your talented at it or just want to try it for example, guitar classes, language classes etc. You could tell your mom you want to do the dishes, washing clothes on your own if you want to or even cook. You can learn this things even at home except for the independent part because your mom will still be around. Nonetheless you will still grow into an adult you'll learn these things by your own.
SUSOptiplex330
post Jan 18 2009, 09:17 AM

10k Club
12,696 posts

QUOTE(igor_is300 @ Jan 17 2009, 09:51 PM)
Anyway, I'm seeing technical school students are more independent and less being spoon fed by the teachers especially the ones who residing in the hostel. Thus most of the good results produced by the students are not superficial.
QUOTE(visionary1993 @ Jan 18 2009, 08:54 AM)
You dont need to attend tution classes if your studying at daily school to succeed. Thats the point, you have free time to go do something that your talented at it or just want to try it for example, guitar classes, language classes etc. You could tell your mom you want to do the dishes, washing clothes on your own if you want to or even cook. You can learn this things even at home except for the independent part because your mom will still be around. Nonetheless you will still grow into an adult you'll learn these things by your own.
The chance to live away from comfort of home is a very important factor to becoming independent. While you can also learn to be independent while living at home, the chance of doing that diminishes.

TSQD_buyer
post Jan 18 2009, 04:01 PM

John and Paul™
2,047 posts

QUOTE(visionary1993 @ Jan 18 2009, 08:54 AM)
I'm tired doing alot of house chores everyday almost 24/7 jaga kedai jaga adik etc since I was in primary school thats why I want to go to residential school.

Some of you might have free and easy living style.

Didnt mean to run away from house chores but this time I had to study seriously so residential school offer me the best place to study.

Added on January 18, 2009, 4:04 pm
QUOTE(visionary1993 @ Jan 17 2009, 01:54 PM)

You can be smart anywhere. Still the same la.  doh.gif
Didnt agree on this.

Most of these student are more humble than those from good daily school like Sri Aman,Aminuddin Baki,SBU,St John,Victoria,Damansara Utama and etc.

This post has been edited by QD_buyer: Jan 18 2009, 04:04 PM
Zoxoque
post Jan 18 2009, 04:59 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

u cant pick ur place, they will sent u anywhere in malaysia, so good luck tongue.gif
visionary1993
post Jan 18 2009, 05:13 PM

Casual
360 posts

QUOTE(QD_buyer @ Jan 18 2009, 04:01 PM)

Didnt agree on this.

Most of these student are more humble than those from good daily school like Sri Aman,Aminuddin Baki,SBU,St John,Victoria,Damansara Utama and etc.
This is the because you dont quite see alot of MRSM guys out there right? There are more daily school kids now at some shopping mall. You dont quite see those MRSM kids because there now either at home or at school.

So anyway. You didnt apply for MRSM, SBP ar?

This post has been edited by visionary1993: Jan 18 2009, 05:14 PM
TSQD_buyer
post Jan 18 2009, 07:58 PM

John and Paul™
2,047 posts

QUOTE(visionary1993 @ Jan 18 2009, 05:13 PM)
This is the because you dont quite see alot of MRSM guys out there right? There are more daily school kids now at some shopping mall. You dont quite see those MRSM kids because there now either at home or at school.

So anyway. You didnt apply for MRSM, SBP ar?
Ex-MRSM Kuala Lipis here tongue.gif though i went there for few month only.

my cousins all from MRSM,my uncles from MRSM,my dad also from MRSM (Pengkalan Chepa) tongue.gif

so that mean i seen quite a lot of MRSM guys here tongue.gif

dunno about SBP though,coz non of my family went to SBP.

i did apply for MRSM.. but i heard those who went out from MRSM before will be blacklisted?

Anyone can confirm on this ?

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0186sec    0.40    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:28 PM