Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Sekolah Teknik

views

TSQD_buyer
post Jan 3 2009, 09:45 PM, updated 16y ago

John and Paul™
2,047 posts

My friend ask how to apply ?

And what the best Sekolah Teknik in Msia?

And what is the pro and cons of sekolah teknik

ok ! thanks !
KuzumiTaiga
post Jan 3 2009, 10:06 PM

Spends too much time with mechanical keyboards
3,283 posts

hmm.... depends la... will have to see ur PMR results... i feel like it's not worth joining ST btw..
abang brother
post Jan 3 2009, 11:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,967 posts

ST only offer Vokasional no?
TSQD_buyer
post Jan 3 2009, 11:33 PM

John and Paul™
2,047 posts

Teknikal, vocational dan kemahiran
SUSOptiplex330
post Jan 4 2009, 12:07 AM

10k Club
12,696 posts

This is what I know about Sekolah Menengah Teknik. May be wrong or out of date because I checked them out a couple of years ago.

In term of food chain, Sekolah Menengah Teknik is at the very top, followed by SM Sain and SMK etc. That means they get the best of everything, money, equipment, staff etc. For example, everybody got free textbook without asking, regardless of your family financial background. And very often, their science lab are air conditioned and every shcool have their own pretty huge school bus.

In the old days, they are Vocational college/school which are mainly for those who are less academically competent. They sit for the SPM-V in Form 5 and I was told the text papers are not quite the same as normal SPM (lower standard?). And people tends to look down on these vocational students.

But a few years ago, they started SMT and it's a totally different kettle of fish. They are totally focused on engineering. Some of the SMT are brand new built from the ground up. Others are Vocational college upgraded to SMT and these operate both the Vocational and Engineering course. The aim of SMT is to attract those who are academically competent with interest in engineering. These students sit for exactly the same SPM paper with the exception of not having Biology. That was replaced with Engineering subject (you have to choose Civil, Electrical or Mechanical). And student coming from SMT might have advantage when applying for Engineering course in Pre U or Uni.

If your intention is to pursue a career in Engineering, then I would strongly suggest you have a look at SMT. Do not discount them so easily. And unlike SM Sain and Matriculasi, SMT is fully open to non-bumi but unfortunately, not many people know about them.

This post has been edited by Optiplex330: Jan 4 2009, 12:57 AM
w00ty
post Jan 4 2009, 01:10 AM

21 posts

Well i went to SMT when i was Form 4 because i was determined to go towards engineering field and partly because i want to escape from biology as well(never like bio for once). I can say that its pretty helpful when i went for my college. If you have great interest in engineering, i do suggest you to go there. It helps to build up your foundation before you go for your degree. You can opt whether you want to stay in hostel or not. I prefer not as it is quite dirty. That decision made me spend an 1 hour and 15 mins to reach school everyday. LOL! Don't worry, you are certainly not deemed as incompetent if you go there. We all took the same papers for SPM = ) except for 2 extra papers which are your engineering paper and engineering drawing.

When you go for your moral lessons, you will definitely enjoy as your teacher will be teaching only few of you.

p/s : If you seriously cant cope well with other races, i think you can give up on this idea. I was the 1 out of 2 chinese students in the whole school.

This post has been edited by w00ty: Jan 4 2009, 01:13 AM
joe_metal83
post Jan 4 2009, 04:42 AM

Getting Started
58 posts

try here http://apps.emoe.gov.my/esptv/

QUOTE(QD_buyer @ Jan 3 2009, 09:45 PM)

My friend ask how to apply ?

And what the best Sekolah Teknik in Msia?

And what is the pro and cons of sekolah teknik

ok ! thanks !
mihawk
post Jan 4 2009, 08:52 AM

Casual
300 posts

QUOTE(Optiplex330 @ Jan 4 2009, 12:07 AM)
This is what I know about Sekolah Menengah Teknik. May be wrong or out of date because I checked them out a couple of years ago.

In term of food chain, Sekolah Menengah Teknik is at the very top, followed by SM Sain and SMK etc. That means they get the best of everything, money, equipment, staff etc. For example, everybody got free textbook without asking, regardless of your family financial background. And very often, their science lab are air conditioned and every shcool have their own pretty huge school bus.

In the old days, they are Vocational college/school which are mainly for those who are less academically competent. They sit for the SPM-V in Form 5 and I was told the text papers are not quite the same as normal SPM (lower standard?). And people tends to look down on these vocational students.

But a few years ago, they started SMT and it's a totally different kettle of fish. They are totally focused on engineering. Some of the SMT are brand new built from the ground up. Others are Vocational college upgraded to SMT and these operate both the Vocational and Engineering course. The aim of SMT is to attract those who are academically competent with interest in engineering. These students sit for exactly the same SPM paper with the exception of not having Biology. That was replaced with Engineering subject (you have to choose Civil, Electrical or Mechanical). And student coming from SMT might have advantage when applying for Engineering course in Pre U or Uni.

If your intention is to pursue a career in Engineering, then I would strongly suggest you have a look at SMT.  Do not discount them so easily. And unlike SM Sain and Matriculasi, SMT is fully open to non-bumi but unfortunately, not many people know about them.
excuse me, but all SBPs n SMKAs have their own buses as well...Nowadays, everyone will get free textbooks regardless of race,salary etc...
IMO, the best SMT is SMT Cheras, coz they're usually top in everything...I met with their teams in lots of national lvl competitions...
SUSOptiplex330
post Jan 4 2009, 09:10 AM

10k Club
12,696 posts

QUOTE(mihawk @ Jan 4 2009, 08:52 AM)
excuse me, but all SBPs n SMKAs have their own buses as well...Nowadays, everyone will get free textbooks regardless of race,salary etc...
AFAIK, very few SMK got those new modern big buses. Come to think about it, none in my hometown have it or give textbook without you asking for it. And practically every SM Sain and SM Teknik do.

The No.1 possible draw back would be what w00ty mentioned regarding study environment.

This post has been edited by Optiplex330: Jan 4 2009, 09:22 AM
Panda12
post Jan 4 2009, 09:35 AM

Regular
1,082 posts

Hi, I'm not so sure about this. But aren't technic schools for those who are not so good in their studies? Sorry. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
SUSOptiplex330
post Jan 4 2009, 09:39 AM

10k Club
12,696 posts

QUOTE(Panda12 @ Jan 4 2009, 09:35 AM)
Hi, I'm not so sure about this. But aren't technic schools for those who are not so good in their studies? Sorry. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
You are confusing between Vocational school and Technical school (Engineering). Read the above post.

w00ty
post Jan 4 2009, 11:27 AM

21 posts

QUOTE(mihawk @ Jan 4 2009, 08:52 AM)
IMO, the best SMT is SMT Cheras, coz they're usually top in everything...I met with their teams in lots of national lvl competitions...
w00t...i didn't know my school is top in everything. But during my period, we normally are the top for debate in competition between all the technical institutes. Guess they have improved way beyond that.
mihawk
post Jan 4 2009, 12:53 PM

Casual
300 posts

QUOTE(Optiplex330 @ Jan 4 2009, 09:10 AM)
AFAIK, very few SMK got those new modern big buses. Come to think about it, none in my hometown have it or give textbook without you asking for it. And practically every SM Sain and SM Teknik do.

The No.1 possible draw back would be what w00ty mentioned regarding study environment.
errm, i was saying aboyt SMKA, not SMK...of coz, very few SMK got their own buses, but every SMK(A) has its own bus... brows.gif
wleong
post Jan 6 2009, 04:43 PM

Enthusiast
762 posts

SEKOLAH TEKNIK IS NOT BAD
AFETR U GRAD FROM SEKOLAH TEKNIK THAN U ENTER POLYTECHNIC THAN U SURE CAN GET JOB IN MULTINATION COMPANY
adix4
post Jan 6 2009, 04:53 PM

ich bin eine Katze :3
1,254 posts

hallo guize
im from sekolah teknik Kuantan(not vokasional)(number 3 rank 2007) spm 2008

if u want to ask anything about sekolah teknik u can ask here

Added on January 6, 2009, 4:54 pm
QUOTE(KuzumiTaiga @ Jan 3 2009, 10:06 PM)
hmm.... depends la... will have to see ur PMR results... i feel like it's not worth joining ST btw..
better join teknik then going to normal high school
but if u are in a cluster school better go cluster lah

This post has been edited by adix4: Jan 6 2009, 04:54 PM
yanniieee
post Jan 6 2009, 09:11 PM

Starsss!
564 posts

which state? o.O
TSQD_buyer
post Jan 7 2009, 08:14 PM

John and Paul™
2,047 posts

guys

what is the good sekolah teknik in Malaysia?

Thinkingfox
post Jan 8 2009, 03:52 PM

Le Renard Brun Rapide
617 posts

Hmm..seems strange to me. I also thought technical schools' qualification can help you get into polytechniques, which offers only diplomas and advanced diplomas but not degrees?
ujai84
post Jan 8 2009, 04:00 PM

15 posts

imo, teknik is good for engineering students (electronics / electrical, mechanical etc)

you'll get hands on there, experienced engineering teachers, equipments etc..

so if you are into engineering, i'd highly suggest teknik schools
TSQD_buyer
post Jan 14 2009, 08:23 PM

John and Paul™
2,047 posts

what is the best sekolah teknik in Malaysia?

give me 5 schools biggrin.gif

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0249sec    0.05    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:54 AM