Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Which Bank the lousiest Service.

views

wirelessdude
post Nov 8 2009, 10:34 AM

On my way
594 posts

So far based on my experience, NONE are good.

1) Maybank - applied a gold Amex charge card but got rejected. I know I more than qualify (income >RM20k/mth). Heck, I was even given a Maybank Petronas credit card yet I got rejected for a charge card?? I learned later that they lost my application form.

2) CIMB - applied for a CIMB Enrich Mastercard to collect miles. My experience is most of their partners don't even know about their program. Infact, many partners are unhappy - that's why many leave the program ...even MAS. So at places that you spend money, because you thought you'll get bonus miles, you end up getting nothing.

When I road to Nazir Razak, their head of credit cards wrote back denying everything but sent me leather stuff for appreciation.

You see the PayPass terminals by CIMB at fastfood outlets? Tried to use that once at KFC in Pavilion and the manager told me it doesn't work, i.e. just for show.

3) HSBC - I'm a Premier customer and that means must keep more than RM200k with them. I was given a Relationship Manager (RM) which service sucks and he's only interested to sell me stuff.

I applied loan with 3 years lock-in, he printed agreement with 5 years lock-in instead.

He didn't fill up full-auto-payment for my credit card application as instructed and I ended up paying late charges.

Supposed to get free magazine when I joined as Premier customer but he lost the form, etc. etc.

I talked to the branch manager and he showed his concern but until today, nothing is done about the RM or to correct the screw-ups I suffered.
wirelessdude
post Nov 8 2009, 11:14 AM

On my way
594 posts

QUOTE(MilesAndMore @ Nov 8 2009, 11:00 AM)
Request to change RM.
I did, that's why I spoke to the branch manager. He said he wanted to personally "rectify" all the screw-ups and then change RM for me - at first he actually suggested all 3 of us sit down and talked about it. But until today, he himself has done nothing ...same attitude. I even wrote an email to the Premier department but never got a reply. Sigh!

I've contemplated moving to Stanchart Priority or CIMB Preferred, but I like HSBC's online system, i.e. the ability to view even overseas bank accounts.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0183sec    0.60    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:32 AM