Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

268 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Mattress, which brand to go for? (Household)

kevyeoh
post Jun 30 2008, 08:55 AM, updated 3y ago

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

hi all,

i was checking out mattresses for the past few days when i found out that the price will go up from 1 July onwards...so i'm trying to lock down my purchase asap, if possible by today....the problem is... i don't really know which brand/model to choose...

i've only check out Dunlopillo and Getha brands so far....any recommendations?

so it's easier for me just to check out the recommended brand/model instead of slowly searching for it...
thanks.
tskhang
post Jun 30 2008, 09:09 AM

Regular

if i'm not mistaken dunlopillo is fully imported from UK for certain models. Maybe u can ask the shop which model is fully imported one and the price that is below 4k. And then choose the best one lah.
kapitan
post Jun 30 2008, 09:12 AM

Look at all my stars!!

Slumberland.
dreamer101
post Jun 30 2008, 09:34 AM

10k Club
Group Icon
Real World Issues, Finance, Business and Investment House
Group: Elite

QUOTE(kevyeoh @ Jun 30 2008, 08:55 AM)
hi all,

i was checking out mattresses for the past few days when i found out that the price will go up from 1 July onwards...so i'm trying to lock down my purchase asap, if possible by today....the problem is... i don't really know which brand/model to choose...

i've only check out Dunlopillo and Getha brands so far....any recommendations?

so it's easier for me just to check out the recommended brand/model instead of slowly searching for it...
thanks.
kevyeoh,

Do not know what is the price now. But, I like KingCoil box spring matresses

Dreamer
kevyeoh
post Jun 30 2008, 01:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!

kingcoil is under what brand leh?
cblau
post Jun 30 2008, 01:34 PM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(kevyeoh @ Jun 30 2008, 01:10 PM)
kingcoil is under what brand leh?
Kingcoil itself is the brand name.
kevyeoh
post Jun 30 2008, 02:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!

ok ok....now got 5 brands to consider...
getha, dunlopillo, kingcoil and slumberland...and goodnite..hehehe
cblau
post Jun 30 2008, 02:29 PM

QUOTE(kevyeoh @ Jun 30 2008, 02:03 PM)
ok ok....now got 5 brands to consider...
getha, dunlopillo, kingcoil and slumberland...and goodnite..hehehe
Got more than that. Even some brand itself has another brand which they cater for higher/lower end of the market. Certain brands only do latex ones and certain brand does spring ones.
Weist
post Jul 1 2008, 01:53 PM

Hi , I read the above and would like to ask if your interested in specially made for hotels type of mattresses ? Such beds are more durable, have more and harder coils and material used are of higher quality. They are not found nor sold in retail outlets.

Pricing for some are reasonable n comparable to retail outlets as we have the qty to make up for it.

Do let me know if you have any queries.

jchong
post Jul 2 2008, 04:39 PM

QUOTE(Weist @ Jul 1 2008, 01:53 PM)
Hi , I read the above and would like to ask if your interested in specially made for hotels type of mattresses  ? Such beds are more durable, have more and harder coils and material used are of higher quality. They are not found nor sold in retail outlets.

Pricing for some are reasonable n comparable to retail outlets as we have the qty to make up for it.

Do let me know if you have any queries.
Weist,

I would like more info on these "made for hotels" mattresses. PM me.
ganz
post Jul 2 2008, 06:36 PM

Livin' Ain't No Crime

i never know that the mattress is so expensive.. biggrin.gif
could u quote the price also if u suggesting for any brand and model. biggrin.gif
abubin
post Jul 2 2008, 06:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!

go try on those mattress yourself. Get the one that you are most comfortable with.

I personally would go for dunlopillo or getha. These are the brand that produce non-spring mattress. I would not buy any mattress with spring. No matter how expensive they are, after some time, the springs will become uneven on parts you sleep often and parts that you don't sleep like the edges. So, you feel some part bulging and some part soften.

I only go for non-spring type of mattress. Dunlopillo have the best and is made of very high quality materials. That's why so expensive. Getha is new player in the market (i think) but still no spring is better for me.
dreamer101
post Jul 2 2008, 07:16 PM

10k Club
Group Icon
Real World Issues, Finance, Business and Investment House
Group: Elite

QUOTE(abubin @ Jul 2 2008, 06:43 PM)
go try on those mattress yourself. Get the one that you are most comfortable with.

I personally would go for dunlopillo or getha. These are the brand that produce non-spring mattress. I would not buy any mattress with spring. No matter how expensive they are, after some time, the springs will become uneven on parts you sleep often and parts that you don't sleep like the edges. So, you feel some part bulging and some part soften.

I only go for non-spring type of mattress. Dunlopillo have the best and is made of very high quality materials. That's why so expensive. Getha is new player in the market (i think) but still no spring is better for me.
abubin,

I have KingCoil boxspring mattress for at least 10 years now. Yes, you have to rotate the mattress every 3 to 6 months to prevent the unevenness. But, if you do that, it is NOT a problem. 5 star Hotel use box spring mattress. Air circulation is better for spring mattress. Boxspring mattress has individual box / section of spring and it is better. But, it is more expensive for good quality box spring mattress. I do not whether KingCoil's quality is still good.

Dreamer
Syd G
post Jul 2 2008, 09:50 PM

Mom. Servant of God.
Group Icon
Health & Fitness
Group: VIP

Ikea's Sultan mattress used to come with 20 years warranty wink.gif
Weist
post Jul 3 2008, 01:35 AM

QUOTE(abubin @ Jul 2 2008, 06:43 PM)

Hi abubin,

hmm about the spring mattresses, it really depends on the type , make and number of springs used. Those that become uneven after a short while is when they lose their ''strength' and just pop up..lol. The reason they lose their strength could be , among other reasons ,being heated only once or for a short while only or the metal used is substandard quality.

The shape of the spring is another reason for ''jutting'' out springs. If its shape is not bended smoothly , not of an optimal shape , and not compact , and if the mattress fabric is not strong, after a little wear and tear, the fabric will become thinner and the unsmooth spring will be more prominently seen. Of course even if u had the strongest fabric and an 'unsmooth' spring , the 'unsmooth' spring will still jut out and still cause discomfort and damage to our bodies.

Oh and i need to stress the feature of '' compact''-ness. Compact here means the number of springs in the mattress. The more spring the better, then the surface of the mattress is seen and feels 'smoother ', no unevenness. each spring is closely surrounded at all sides by springs which in turn are closely surrounded at all sides by other springs etc etc , this creates a smooth transition from spring to spring. The spring we have is not the normal wave like spring. these do not work well. An example would be the ''bed of nails'' case. U wouldnt feel as much pain lying on a bed entirely covered with the sharp ends of nails than u would lying on just a few nails .

anyway, it is good u found what suits u , considering a lot of ppl dont sleep well =)
G'nite
ronnie
post Jul 4 2008, 11:33 AM

Not enough stars

The best is try out each mattress...
tinkerbel
post Jul 4 2008, 03:36 PM

Fanaddict!
Group Icon
Finance, Education Essentials, Apple Byte
Group: VIP

hMm.. am surprised there's so much discussion just on mattress alone ! *grins*

Just sleep on the wooden floor *grins*
bafukie
post Jul 5 2008, 11:02 AM

Regular

taikor kev... getha should fit nicely for ur budget. I love the mattress (kinda forgot which model though)
kevyeoh
post Jul 8 2008, 08:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!

actually i've tried a few brands and now narrowed down to getha and dunlopillo.... getha is cheaper than dunlopillo...my aunt however got bad experience with getha's brand so i think i'll go for dunlopillo...thx...
wink.gif

there are lots of brands out there it seems.... slumberland, goodnite, dunlopillo, getha, kingcoil, simmons etc... pening lor...
firesphere
post Jul 8 2008, 09:51 PM

Getting Started

Few months back I was doing some research on mattresses as well. The 1 that interest me the most is Getha.

Right now I'm using latex mattress. No need to rotate, no need to flip over. Good for people that's allergy to dust mite. If budget limited, get the 1 with thick layer of latex on the top say at least about 4-5inches and whatever spring on the lower part.

268 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0840sec    3.99    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th January 2018 - 08:02 AM