Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Mattress, which brand to go for? Household

views

Weist
post Jul 1 2008, 01:53 PM

7 posts

Hi , I read the above and would like to ask if your interested in specially made for hotels type of mattresses ? Such beds are more durable, have more and harder coils and material used are of higher quality. They are not found nor sold in retail outlets.

Pricing for some are reasonable n comparable to retail outlets as we have the qty to make up for it.

Do let me know if you have any queries.

Weist
post Jul 3 2008, 01:35 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Jul 2 2008, 06:43 PM)
go try on those mattress yourself. Get the one that you are most comfortable with.

I personally would go for dunlopillo or getha. These are the brand that produce non-spring mattress. I would not buy any mattress with spring. No matter how expensive they are, after some time, the springs will become uneven on parts you sleep often and parts that you don't sleep like the edges. So, you feel some part bulging and some part soften.

I only go for non-spring type of mattress. Dunlopillo have the best and is made of very high quality materials. That's why so expensive. Getha is new player in the market (i think) but still no spring is better for me.
Hi abubin,

hmm about the spring mattresses, it really depends on the type , make and number of springs used. Those that become uneven after a short while is when they lose their ''strength' and just pop up..lol. The reason they lose their strength could be , among other reasons ,being heated only once or for a short while only or the metal used is substandard quality.

The shape of the spring is another reason for ''jutting'' out springs. If its shape is not bended smoothly , not of an optimal shape , and not compact , and if the mattress fabric is not strong, after a little wear and tear, the fabric will become thinner and the unsmooth spring will be more prominently seen. Of course even if u had the strongest fabric and an 'unsmooth' spring , the 'unsmooth' spring will still jut out and still cause discomfort and damage to our bodies.

Oh and i need to stress the feature of '' compact''-ness. Compact here means the number of springs in the mattress. The more spring the better, then the surface of the mattress is seen and feels 'smoother ', no unevenness. each spring is closely surrounded at all sides by springs which in turn are closely surrounded at all sides by other springs etc etc , this creates a smooth transition from spring to spring. The spring we have is not the normal wave like spring. these do not work well. An example would be the ''bed of nails'' case. U wouldnt feel as much pain lying on a bed entirely covered with the sharp ends of nails than u would lying on just a few nails .

anyway, it is good u found what suits u , considering a lot of ppl dont sleep well =)
G'nite
Weist
post Jan 23 2009, 01:30 AM

7 posts

Hi ,

are you interested in hotel-grade mattress? and pricing is simliar to your budget ...

QUOTE(oicicic @ Nov 12 2008, 11:18 PM)
Would like to seek an opinion which brand u all prefer?

My budget is <Rm1.5k for Queen Size. I was thinking to order Dreamland from Amway, anyone has any comment with Dreamland mattress?

Added on January 23, 2009, 1:34 amHi !

is anyone interested in hotel grade mattresses? ie made for 5 star hotels mattress... Enquiries most welcome ...

Added on January 23, 2009, 1:35 amHI ,

have you bought your mattress? Do you want to consider hotel grade mattress ?

QUOTE(RME-RAnger @ Jan 8 2009, 01:46 PM)
really nobody can answer my question? plan to buy a mattress before CNY, but still no idea.. sad.gif

Added on January 23, 2009, 1:39 amLatex is good for the first few yrs, but some ppl find it too soft/

pocket spring also good for the first few yrs , after that it sinks.

the best is spring, miracoil spring. double heated and triple Z shaped for extra strength. our customers none have complained and they last 10 yrs ...

QUOTE(satriaguy @ Nov 17 2008, 04:50 PM)
Is Latex better than Pocket Sprint mattress ? Yesterday went to Miva and the salesman told me Latex is better and more long lasting as pocket spring no matter how good it is also will become softer after few year, how true is this statement ?

He keep recommending Naturatex. is it good ?
This post has been edited by Weist: Jan 23 2009, 01:39 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1152sec    0.31    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:10 AM