post Nov 16 2008, 11:49 PM

I don't even belong here....
6,657 posts

i booked Napure 5' from homedec, rm1999, free 3pillow
satriaguy
post Nov 17 2008, 04:50 PM

Casual
300 posts

Is Latex better than Pocket Sprint mattress ? Yesterday went to Miva and the salesman told me Latex is better and more long lasting as pocket spring no matter how good it is also will become softer after few year, how true is this statement ?

He keep recommending Naturatex. is it good ?
DannyOP
post Nov 17 2008, 07:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,219 posts

QUOTE(KLsooner @ Nov 16 2008, 10:46 PM)
There are rubber lattex, pocket spring and coil spring type to choose from. Price varies. Just go try your self.

You cant get Dunlopillo with 1.5k otherwise I would recommend that. Since when Amway sell mattres? Never buy anything from Amway, they are simply overpriced. Read my post about how Amway con people with their lousy air purifier.
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/79269

Amway normally mark up 6 times for things that selling through Amway marketting network. I have a friend who has a sole distrobutorship of a Japanese product tried with Amway, he told me that and I beleived what he said was true.

What ever brand you can buy, king coil, dreamland, sweetdream, getha just don't buy from AMWAY unless you are one of them.
Actually it is normal for any co. to mark up 6 times from the cost (or more) if there are more than 1 level of distribution and also depending on what kind of products and the brand. Eg. :-

Manufacturer - Distributor - 150%, Distributor - Reseller - RM150%, Reseller - Enduser - 300% (varies acc to product and brand)

The more exclusive the brand the higher the markup .. eg. what do u think the cost is for a Jimmy Choo ladies shoe selling at RM10k a pair?

Of coz if u compare apples to apples the price should be the close ie. If Jimmy Choo at Retail Shop A is RM10k then Jimmy Choo at Retail shop B should also be close to RM10k. Or, Dreamland at retail shop = RM3k, Dreamland at Amway should be +/- RM3k also. Most MLM companies have high lvl of markup so that is the main reason they market products that are exclusive to them, or they may have a very low initial cost otherwise they won't be able to compete with other retailers.

Sometimes a reseller may mark up many times depending on their cost and purchasing power. Eg. Carefour may mark up 100% for a tin of milo because they buy in container loads and still sell cheaper than a kedai runcit who can only buy a carton and mark up 20%.

This post has been edited by DannyOP: Nov 17 2008, 07:40 PM
SUSN's
post Nov 17 2008, 07:38 PM

Regular
1,091 posts

Dreamland for sure, been using it for 20yrs.
KLsooner
post Nov 17 2008, 10:06 PM

Enthusiast
737 posts

QUOTE(DannyOP @ Nov 17 2008, 07:32 PM)
Actually it is normal for any co. to mark up 6 times from the cost (or more) if there are more than 1 level of distribution and also depending on what kind of products and the brand. Eg. :-

Manufacturer - Distributor - 150%, Distributor - Reseller - RM150%, Reseller - Enduser - 300% (varies acc to product and brand)

The more exclusive the brand the higher the markup .. eg. what do u think the cost is for a Jimmy Choo ladies shoe selling at RM10k a pair?

Of coz if u compare apples to apples the price should be the close ie. If Jimmy Choo at Retail Shop A is RM10k then Jimmy Choo at Retail shop B should also be close to RM10k. Or, Dreamland at retail shop = RM3k, Dreamland at Amway should be +/- RM3k also. Most MLM companies have high lvl of markup so that is the main reason they market products that are exclusive to them, or they may have a very low initial cost otherwise they won't be able to compete with other retailers.

Sometimes a reseller may mark up many times depending on their cost and purchasing power. Eg. Carefour may mark up 100% for a tin of milo because they buy in container loads and still sell cheaper than a kedai runcit who can only buy a carton and mark up 20%.
I kinda agree with some of your points, but try to explain why Amway is selling a lousy air purifier at Rm 4k? I did prove Amway air purifier sucks and they did sell at 4k, didn't I?

If you are in any manufacturing line before, you should know for most of the consumer products, there is no way you can mark up 150% to your distributors, you think your distributors are nuts? Distributors to resellers another 150% mark up, do you again think resellers are nuts? And Enduser being markup 300%, do you think enduser like you and me are nuts?

I kinda don't agree with you exclusive brand cost more, can I sell my KLSOONER brand shoes to you at 10k? It is exclusive isn't it, one and only one in the world, some more hand made. ( I will make sure I hand made it to you if you willing to pay 10k) Do you really think Jimmy Choo's shoes cost 10k because they are "exclusive"? think again!

OEM air purifier from China and put your own brand in it is also exclusive, what so special about exclusive??

Why do you care how much Carefour mark up when you have the "choice" to compare price with the Milo from Kedai runcit Ah Huat? Are you trying to tell me you will buy from Ah Huat even his Milo is 50 cents more expensive than Carefour because Carefour mark up 100% and Ah Huat only mark up 20%?

Why buy from Amway when you can buy from retail shop? You can try on your own about how comfort the bed is and try from one shop to another and have price comparison. Buying a bed from catalogue without laying your butt on it is just plain stupid.

gunh
post Nov 18 2008, 02:10 AM

Casual
459 posts

go for latex material... getha is good!
b00n
post Nov 18 2008, 09:54 AM

delusional
Group Icon
VIP
9,137 posts

KLsooner
Do not further go off topic. Just leave it as it is.

You may however create another topic in Finance, Business and Investment House to discuss this and I think it would attract lots of comments.

Let's just focus on Mattress in this topic, shall we.
Putraskyline
post Nov 18 2008, 02:24 PM

Non-Regular
Group Icon
Elite
1,269 posts

I'm fans of Dunlopillo for nearly 7 years. But during latest promotion at robinson, I bought new mattress , Super king and 7 inch for about 8k. This mattress better than my dunlopillo. Its also reduce my back pain a lot.
KLsooner
post Nov 18 2008, 09:59 PM

Enthusiast
737 posts

Hey I am just trying to tell the person who started this post not to be conned by Amway matress, off topic? ask DannyOP.
Clareen
post Nov 19 2008, 01:04 AM

Workaholic~*
2,603 posts

QUOTE(oicicic @ Nov 12 2008, 11:18 PM)
Would like to seek an opinion which brand u all prefer?

My budget is <Rm1.5k for Queen Size. I was thinking to order Dreamland from Amway, anyone has any comment with Dreamland mattress?
wah i'm so surprise dreamland is selling by amway.
overfloe
post Nov 19 2008, 10:27 AM

Ain't nothing but a thang..
2,058 posts

for best bang for buck.. do look at Goodnite mattresses.. especially the one with the intense fabric.. it may suit your budget.
myhat
post Dec 1 2008, 10:48 AM

Enthusiast
804 posts

mine using Mattress World...
Classirez i think...
king size...
just used it for 3 days so far....
yup....nice and sound sleep so far.....
exshige
post Dec 2 2008, 01:37 PM

Getting Started
186 posts

i think the more important issue is how u know ur mattress at watever brand is original? sometimes u see mattress promotion that is so good and cheap on popular brand.. u have to wonder... is it fake imitation stuffs?

i'm using Dreamland chiropractic something something.. bought for RM1.2K 4yrs ago.. it was nice and sturdy during the first yr... but the spring getting soft in the last 2 yrs...

and they say good mattress last 10yrs... so now i doubt actually how real is my dreamland...
radiohead
post Dec 2 2008, 01:40 PM

18 + 5
1,484 posts

got offer RM1000 for Getha - 5" original latex- queen - this is the cheapest latex from em. at sg buloh. bought bedroom instead - not enuf budget.
i prefer later, it s cooler than foam or those spring.
SUSSeLrAhC
post Dec 2 2008, 07:54 PM

★★★7Star★General★★★
5,227 posts

king koil, slumberland, and something dream... these are the good ones.. i mean the cheap and good ones
MilesAndMore
post Dec 5 2008, 12:21 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

Sealy from USA is the top mattress brand. Tempure from Germany is rated third in the world. Anyway, i recently bought a Vono Spinal Care Deluxe Queen-sized mattress for RM1860 (after some discount) and a Goodnite Euphony King-sized mattress for RM1950 (also after some discount). Vono belongs to Slumberland and is a British brand while Goodnite is a local brand but they do produce mattresses that are comparable to other middle range mattress makers. Each mattress has their own pros and cons. I wouldn't say which one is better and which one is not. You just has got to try it yourself before you burn your cash. And if you are rich, you might as well got for Sealy or Tempure because they really live up to expectation.

This post has been edited by MilesAndMore: Dec 5 2008, 12:22 AM
RME-RAnger
post Dec 5 2008, 11:47 AM

763 posts

QUOTE(Clareen @ Nov 19 2008, 01:04 AM)
wah i'm so surprise dreamland is selling by amway.
im dun think amway is selling matteress now, collect me if im wrong tongue.gif
eviljonz
post Dec 8 2008, 03:10 AM

770 posts

king koil maharaja strongly recomended
oicicic
post Dec 8 2008, 10:06 AM

Don't Live a Little, Live an Oic.
1,536 posts

QUOTE(KLsooner @ Nov 18 2008, 09:59 PM)
Hey I am just trying to tell the person who started this post not to be conned by Amway matress, off topic? ask DannyOP.
Oh, you are referring to me?

I did try on Chiromax pro mattress in other shops as well instead of looking from the catalogue. What the different between both was the price, warranty and the freeware.
Thanks for your advice, I will take note of that.

Let get back to the topic which mattress to go for instead which shop to go.
KLsooner, if you hv other points to enlighten, feel free to pm me. rolleyes.gif
Please share your bad experience in Federation of Malaysian Consumer Associations , so no other ppl will be cheater.

cody99
post Dec 9 2008, 02:04 PM

Enthusiast
734 posts

Anyone knows where to get coconut fiber mattress?

384 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0439sec    0.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:05 AM