5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The All New Naza Citra 2 Rondo Launched

views

b48753
post Sep 16 2008, 03:53 PM

Ya ke?
1,352 posts

QUOTE(stratocaster @ Sep 15 2008, 03:43 PM)
UGLY! and overpriced!! just like nautica..have u seen any nautica on the road yet? haha...
Yes, twice biggrin.gif

sevendogz
post Sep 16 2008, 03:59 PM

Regular
1,273 posts

why some of u say it's overpriced? proof to me any other similar one with better value (on paper at least).
don't just b##sh#t here
funnyTONE
post Sep 16 2008, 09:24 PM

certified /k/ oldfag
2,937 posts

These days, statistics plays a big role in proving a car's road worthiness. Its common for people to be abit sceptical of something new, especially something from Naza (hint: Sutera). But give it a few month, and we'll see from then how well is the selling unit for this 4th quarter of the year. Naza stated that they plan to sell 200 unit each month and their target for year 2008 is 600 unit. If they can reach this target, it would show a good start off for this model.

For this time being, I think Rondo is among the earlier model to come out lately, after Grand Livina a few month ago. I heard Hyundai Matrix is also coming out with a new model, plus Proton's MPV. Then it'll be up to the people to choose which of these has the best offer. At least Rondo has the advantage as the front runner in the mini MPV category, although Naza claim to put Rondo in the cross-over Utility Vehicle (CUV). I honestly don't know what model is in that category.

Also, based on car buyer's sentiment, they generally don't buy cars in the fourth quarter (Oct, Nov, Dec) due to degradation of car value upon entering the New Year. So who knows how well this car would sell. If one would purely rely on other people's opinion, it'll be just as well asking a mama goat about the car's suspension. Guys in my workplace says Naza made a big mistake by choosing the name Rondo. In Jawa, it literally means Janda....so any ladies thinking of buying a Janda might get some punishment from their Jawa-speaking friends.
Travies
post Sep 16 2008, 09:27 PM

Regular
1,048 posts

QUOTE(sevendogz @ Sep 16 2008, 03:59 PM)
why some of u say it's overpriced? proof to me any other similar one with better value (on paper at least).
don't just b##sh#t here
so far naza is alwiz the best in term of value... including naza ria also.. no 1 can beat over their price... even with FC also the best!
funnyTONE
post Sep 18 2008, 01:00 AM

certified /k/ oldfag
2,937 posts

First look review from motortrader.com.my:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Reading this review, its not surprising that Citra ll Rondo indeed has a big difference from Citra l by leaps and bounds. So you guys still think the reviews are too much sugar-coated? whistling.gif whistling.gif whistling.gif
smwah
post Sep 18 2008, 02:59 AM

Glad to be Here
Group Icon
Elite
1,701 posts

man thats was so,,,,,,,,,, rclxub.gif
But naza no choice they take others car and put under their name. No blame.
THe car like baloon here and there.

sinclairZX81
post Sep 18 2008, 05:28 PM

Change for the better
2,013 posts

I hope that anybody who has purchased this car can post their comments here after they have received the car.
ar188
post Sep 18 2008, 06:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,188 posts

wow! nice european market car, I hope it depreciates like the Ria, 1/2 price in 3years, then I will buy one to carry goods!
funnyTONE
post Sep 18 2008, 09:48 PM

certified /k/ oldfag
2,937 posts

Officially Rondo was launched just last Monday (15/9) but their website just updated yesterday for rondo. Link to rondo is:
www.nazakia.com.my/microsite/rondo.

Its funny when the website doesn't reflect the launching date of a car model. Its as if they are doing a half baked job at promoting their car this year.

Anyway, looking from the website, I just realised something. Rondo uses timing chain instead of the more common timing belt. I never had any experience with this kind before. Can anyone give some opinion on what advantage timing chain has over timing belt?
vin_ann
post Sep 18 2008, 10:08 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,912 posts

oh...another new car....

Added on September 18, 2008, 10:09 pm
QUOTE(funnyTONE @ Sep 18 2008, 09:48 PM)
Officially Rondo was launched just last Monday (15/9) but their website just updated yesterday for rondo. Link to rondo is:
www.nazakia.com.my/microsite/rondo.

Its funny when the website doesn't reflect the launching date of a car model. Its as if they are doing a half baked job at promoting their car this year.

Anyway, looking from the website, I just realised something. Rondo uses timing chain instead of the more common timing belt. I never had any experience with this kind before. Can anyone give some opinion on what advantage timing chain has over timing belt?
myvi is using timing chain lo..... icon_rolleyes.gif

the useful life is much longer than timing belt... 100k...

This post has been edited by vin_ann: Sep 18 2008, 10:09 PM
BikerVoodoo
post Oct 2 2008, 02:48 AM

Casual
448 posts

Some info on the Rondo engine, shared with the new Optima. Note that the Rondo is a WORLD-CLASS model sold in North America and Europe (as Carens), not some Asian-only model like Vios, City, Grand Livina, etc.!

Here's the CVVT vendor - http://www.morsetec.com/ and the GEMA site - http://www.gemaengine.com/.

The Hyundai-Kia Theta (G4KC) is a gasoline 4-cylinder automobile engine family. This is the third all-aluminum engine of Hyundai Motor Company debuted in the fourth-generation Hyundai Sonata sedan(codenamed NF) and Kia Optima (codenamed MG).

It features hollow stainless-steel DOHC with powder-metal cam lobes, pent-roof combustion chamber and shimless bucket tappets in the cylinder head. BorgWarner Morse TEC supplies the complete set of timing system that uses the company's proprietary silent timing chains. CVVT(Continuously-variable valve timing) works on the intake side.

The aluminum alloy engine block, which is formed using high-pressure die-cast method, has a unique Metaldyne-supplied cassette-type balance shaft module with a two-stage oil pump built-in. In the lower-end, the block is reinforced by a ladder frame (Similar to Honda B18C!). Other notable features include fracture-split sinter-forged connecting rods and stainless-steel exhaust manifold.

Theta's EMS(engine management system) software is EMS-II from Siemens VDO and the 32-bit PCM(Powertrain Control Module) calculates the amount of intake air by utilizing a contamination-proof hot-film type MAF(mass airflow) sensor.

Chrysler Corporation began production of a modified version of Theta, dubbed World Engine, in Dundee, Michigan in October 2005. Chrysler engineered their own air intake system and exhaust manifold which is made of gray cast iron. The World Engine also differs in the EMS as it measures the amount of intake air indirectly using a MAP sensor, another cost-saving feature of the Chrysler-modified engine.

Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama (HMMA) is currently building a Theta II engine shop on the grounds of their Montgomery, Alabama automobile factory. The shop will build only the Theta II engine for both the Hyundai plant and the new Kia Plant in West Point, GA. It is scheduled to be completed by August 2008.

The engine is used in:

HYUNDAI-KIA
Kia RONDO
Kia OPTIMA
Hyundai SONATA
Hyundai GENESIS COUPE 2.0

MITSUBISHI (4B1)
Mitsubishi LANCER

CHRYSLER
Dodge CALIBER
Jeep PATRIOT 4x2
Jeep COMPASS 4x2
Dodge Avenger (Export)
Chrysler Sebring (Export)
elru
post Oct 2 2008, 03:37 AM

Om Mani Padme Hum
1,070 posts

QUOTE(stratocaster @ Sep 15 2008, 03:43 PM)
UGLY! and overpriced!! just like nautica..have u seen any nautica on the road yet? haha...
er...like nautica? nautica looks way better, more agile, younger and sportier. and yes, many times on roads apart from my neighbor owns one too which i see everyday.

QUOTE(aarex @ Sep 15 2008, 05:40 PM)
Yalo, too expensive la..should be 65K++.  wink.gif  Nautica?? siapa wan buy? If i buy i also buy Toyota Rush la. Btw, i juz saw 1 b4 nia but Rush saw many la OTR.  laugh.gif
other than its under perodua badge, its the same car from toyota originated from daihatsu, thus better quality build as its CBU. so i wonder what you trying to bash about, the car or the badge? doh.gif
rkjsoo
post Oct 2 2008, 03:48 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,620 posts

timing chain last longer than timing belt , you dont need to change it until its start giving out some cranking noise tho
funnyTONE
post Oct 5 2008, 11:09 PM

certified /k/ oldfag
2,937 posts

Just got my Rondo last Monday and to date already travelled 1,700 km on it. Yea, took it for my long journey during raya. I dunno much about giving reviews, but I'm one very satisfied customer! The exterior is subtle, yet doesn't look like MPV at all. One look at Grand Livina, you know its an mpv class. But looking at rondo, its anyone guess. Even I keep guessing myself if this car looks a hint of SUV and Sedan. Naza made a right choice to put this car in the new category CUV. Will be interesting to see what other new model will come out to compete.

Interior wise, I'm very impressed. Yes, it feels plasticky, but its very solid and the dashboard is amazing. When I went to compared with Grand Livina, Wish and Caldina, I feel that with this car, its like buying a 2nd Wish but with half the price. Definitely a good deal. Anyway, some say the first batch is always the best in quality, but I leave that to each their own beliefs. All I can say is that, I like the gear layout, the middle compartment between the driver and passanger, the trip meter, the glove compartment, the sunglasses compartment and the 3rd row left/right compartment. I think its safe to say it has 80% resemblance to Wish's layout.

Driving feels really good for me. To be honest, I never driven any mpv before, and my previous car was kelisa. So the experience was really enjoying for me. In 3 days, I drove from JB to kota tinggi, then back to JB, then up to KL, then kuala selangor, then down to Tangkak. The seat is nice, especially when I can adjust the seat height to give me a higher level view from my seat. Felt like driving an SUV. Although my neck does strain after the 3rd day probably due because I don't know how to adjust the neck rest to my comfort. Other than that, the cabin is very quiet even when on highway driving over 100kmph. I thought my horn sounded meek from inside the car. Then when my wife honk it while I was outside only did I realised how loud it is. Terkejut I you. happy.gif

The only con I can think of is the lock/unlock alarm. Instead of using a tweet sound, they decided to connect it to the car honk. So when I click unlock, you get two short honk sound, which can be embarrassing when other people are around. Im thinking of asking the service men to change it when I send for my first service. Other than that, the 2nd and 3rd row seat uphosltery is nothing to shout about. Its dark coloured with meshed lining. Grand livina has a nicer cover for the seat I think.

I've already mentioned alot of what I know, but Im sure still much more to be said about this very nice car. Yes, the design is nothing to shout about. But for the price of 84,888/88,888 I guarantee you that you won't be dissapointed with the functions and stuff that they put into this car. To be honest, there is nothing simple with this car. Naza put into alot of effort to make this car a competetive model comparing with other high premium price make. For now, I'm just another proud owner of Naza Citra ll Rondo. happy.gif

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by funnyTONE: Oct 5 2008, 11:50 PM
yoyoan
post Oct 6 2008, 03:53 AM

Regular
1,209 posts

hey funny tone, congrats on the new car..

anyway thanks for the simpole review, however, please stretch a little bit by telling us all:

1) How's the fuel consumption like? How many cents per kilometer?

2) How's the radio/speaker? Any USB input? MP3? tongue.gif

3) As for the seats, yours is the 84k is it? I thought it's leather seat...

4) How's the cubby holes? A lot?

Thanks man... rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by yoyoan: Oct 6 2008, 03:55 AM
funnyTONE
post Oct 7 2008, 12:37 AM

certified /k/ oldfag
2,937 posts

Well, the FC is difficult to tell for a new car. When I picked it up, the trip meter showed 11.5L/100km which is quite alot. After a few days or travelling, it slowly went down until yesterday 10L/100km. This morning I took it for its first service change. Kia replaced the engine oil, the oil filter and the auto gear oil. So I suppose the Fc should improve more after the first change. We'll just have to wait and see. In other forum, got Rondo owner claim they manage to get 9L/100km, while another claim to reach 650km on a full tank (55L). To be fair, you'll just have to wait a few weeks before any reliable data is obtained for this fancy new car. happy.gif

The speaker doesn't have USB input or bluetooth. It does support MP3 as well as the normal CDs. One good thing to note here is that the CD player is fully imported and not assembled locally. The Rondo in the US and Australia version uses exactly the same model as the one in Malaysia. Another thing I like about the FM radio is that it autoseek the frequency of your favourite station in case you are driving between states and having to change the frequency often. Initially they claim the Rondo has 6 speakers, but I can only find 4. Dunno if the other two really exist or is hiding beneath the car. Sound quality is just so-so.

Seat is multi-meshed something. Its fabric and partially woven like nets. Both models (ex and exs) uses the same type of fabric.

You'll be delightfully surprised to see how many cubby holes they put into this car. Lets see....1 cubby hole for each door (4), 2 between the front row (4+2), another 2 under the airvent at the second row (4+2+2) and 1 in each side of the third row (4+2+2+2) for a total of 10 cubby holes!
yoyoan
post Oct 7 2008, 01:28 AM

Regular
1,209 posts

funnytone,

thanks for the feedback. really appreciate the input. As for myself, only saw this car once while onshore, thought it would be a great replacement for my kancil hehe. biggrin.gif

anyway, can you pm me the link in which you stated "other forums". I'd like to know more on this car.

TQ notworthy.gif
sinclairZX81
post Oct 7 2008, 02:08 AM

Change for the better
2,013 posts

Congrats on your new car, FunnyTone and thanks for the review. thumbup.gif

I might have considered this if I didn't buy my MPV already.
funnyTONE
post Oct 7 2008, 08:43 PM

certified /k/ oldfag
2,937 posts

QUOTE(yoyoan @ Oct 7 2008, 01:28 AM)
funnytone,

thanks for the feedback. really appreciate the input. As for myself, only saw this car once while onshore, thought it would be a great replacement for my kancil hehe. biggrin.gif

anyway, can you pm me the link in which you stated "other forums". I'd like to know more on this car.

TQ  notworthy.gif
No problem. Here's two links I found that shares the same discussion on Naza Rondo:

majalahkereta.com.my
www.autoworld.com.my
cbt.com.my
autoworld forum

QUOTE(sinclairZX81 @ Oct 7 2008, 02:08 AM)
Congrats on your new car, FunnyTone and thanks for the review.  thumbup.gif

I might have considered this if I didn't buy my MPV already.
Thx, just sharing what I know with lyn community. What MPV did you bought? I'm guessing G.Livina? smile.gif
Anyway, its nice to see car buyers spoilt for choice in the MPV section. Coming soon Proton MPV entering the fray might spice the market more. Its obvious that each car maker has different style of making an ideal MPV, definitely comes with its own pros and cons. No use bad-mouthing one particular model. Even Chinaland Cherry has some good points from its car model. MPV ftw! thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by funnyTONE: Oct 7 2008, 10:28 PM
sinclairZX81
post Oct 7 2008, 09:04 PM

Change for the better
2,013 posts

Haha, I bought Toyota Avanza, dunno can be called MPV or not. laugh.gif But very happy with it.

Hope you can show more photos of your car from the front and dashboard (daytime). icon_rolleyes.gif

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0177sec    0.35    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:10 PM