iPhone Theming on WinterBoard - Jay Freeman (Saurik)
Post your springboard themes and if you do know any tips n tricks/mods, do share with us.
*Please do not post any weblinks to crack sites or share screenshots with cracks icons as your post will be reported hence deleted by moderators.
Example Mod Themes:
Taking screenshot of Springboard and Lockscreen: Press Home and Power button simultaneously. A shot bust of flash, screenshot pictures are save in Photos.
1. What is the meaning Springboard?
- Springboard (aka homescreen) is where all your applications are displayed. The SpringBoard typically refers to the homescreen of your iPod Touch or iPhone. More accurately, the SpringBoard is the program that allows you to launch applications from the homescreen.
2. What is Lockscreen?
- Where you swipe to unlock your phone.
3. Program to create Themes
Totone Theme: A simple program to create themes iPhone (Windows)
Totone Theme is an application for Windows that allows you to create complete themes for iPhone and iPod Touch. Operation is very simple and intuitive, and in this way we can customize any component as graphics: wallpaper, icons, the lockscreen, the slider, battery, and all other images.
SummerBoard Themes with WinterBoard:
"WinterBoard can apply SummerBoard theme. Just upload your SummerBoard Theme to /private/var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes (by default the folder /SummerBoard/Themes does not exist. We need to create it) and WbApp app, nicely compliment Winterboard as you can preview the theme first before applying it". (by master frozzbyte)
1. What is WinterBoard?
- A powerful app for theming the device in one simple tool and only applicable for Jailbreak iPhones.
2. What do i need to use Winterboard?
- A jailbreak iPhone with Cydia application installed.
3. What do i do after i have installed a theme from Cydia or manually uploaded to my iPhone?
Launch Winterboard and select (tick) the theme you have downloaded. Let it respring and you'll will see the new theme.
4. Where to download themes?
a) There are numerous themes made available via Cydia application. Download the selected themes and select the downloaded theme via Winterboard.
b) iPhone themes sites which requires you to manually upload it to the iPhone.
5. Theme Websites
1. How to upload the themes downloaded from theme site?
- Use iPhone Mac/Windows File Manager to upload your themes.
1) Windows - DiskAid, WinSCP, iFunBox, iPhone Tunnel Suite
2) Mac - Cyberduck, DiskAid, Fugu
For iPhone users who has firmware 3.1.x above, download afc2add from Cydia which will allow you to use the iPhone Manager above. If not, you will not be able to access the root directory of the iPhone.
2. Where to place the theme downloaded from theme site?
- There's two iPhone partition. One is media partition and the second is root partition.
- All Themes are location in root partition @/Library/Themes.
*The /Library/Themes folder is simply a shortcut to /private/var/stash/Themes.XXXX Where XXXX is some random letters Winterboard creates.
3. View battery percentage and change clock with custom name?
Use Extended/Supreme Preferences. Download via Cydia. Select Extended preferences in Winterboard and quit Winterboard. Let it respring. Proceed to Settings and scroll down till you see SpringBoard. Select Springbaord and select Numeric Battery.
4. 5 Dock icons
Download Five Icon Dock via Cydia.
5. Manage application into Categories
Download Categories via Cydia which allows you to move your SpringBoard icons into folders.
6. Changing carrier name
Download "MakeItMine" via Cydia.
*Please manually create the folders for all the path examples given below as per the folders name if the folders are not available in your current theme.
*(Your Theme) is the theme you're currently using with Winterboard.
1. Customize Icons
Icon path: (Your Theme)/Icons/
*make sure the icons in the icon folder must be named exactly like it shows at springboard i.e SMS is text.png, Mail is mail.png, installer.png and so on.
2. Change Wallpaper and LockScreen Background
- Wallpaper (Homescreen) and LockBackground.png (Lockscreen)
Choose any picture and resize it to 320 X 480 and name it Wallpaper.png. Place them in your theme.
3. Changing System Font/Clock
* Connect USB cable to your iPhone. Use file manage and select root folder. Navigate to the folder below to change your font.
Clock Fonts: /System/Library/Fonts/Cache/LockClock.ttf
System Fonts: /System/Library/Fonts/Cache/Helvetica.ttf
*Replace the fonts with the custom fonts and restart iPhone to see changes.
Backup the original fonts before proceeding. (Helvetica.ttf, HelveticaBold.ttf and LockClock.ttf).
Navigate to the following folder on your iPhone using iPhonebrowser or any iPhone File Manager.
Link: Changing Font Colors and Size
FontSwap via Cydia is an app that allows you to change your Lock Clock font, your Notes font and your System font.
4. LogoMe: Custom BootScreen Application
Download LogoMe via Cydia.
5. Weather Widget
6. Change Slider
- bottombarknobgray.png for your main slider icon.
- bottombarknobgreen.png for your call answer icon.
- bottombarknobred.png for shutdown icon.
7. Change UISounds and SMS Tones
Change User Interface and SMS tones to any sound you like and name as stated below:
1) Lock sound - lock.caf
2) Unlock sound - unlock.caf
3) Charging sound - beep-beep.caf
4) SMS sounds - sms-received1.caf to sms-received6.caf
8. Change Slide To Unlock Color
- bottombarlocktextmask.png to change the color of slide to unlock background.
9. Change Slide To Unlock with custom text or to no text
Saurik's new string to add text to AWAY_LOCK_LABEL
Under Saurik's theme, go to Bundles/com.apple.springBoard/en.Iproj. Copy SpringBoard.strings to the desktop. Edit SpringBoard.strings with texteditor and you will want to map just that one string to a different value. Change the "AWAY_LOCK_LABEL" = "slide to unlock" to:
Place SpringBoard.strings to your custom themes in Bundles/com.apple.springBoard/en.Iproj
10. Change Telco Carriers Logo
11. Transparent background on Clock and Slide to Unlock
Have these files transparent.
Place these files in : Your theme/Folders/TelephonyUI.framework. You'll have a full lockscreen/charging screen.
Transparent Clock background, place this folder in your theme. _UIImages.zip ( 3.02k ) Number of downloads: 257
12. I can't seems to get the widget and my theme working. What's the solution?
- Move/Swap the themes by selecting the the 3 lines on your right screen in winterboard and place your theme as first priority.
* Convert Apple Property list from binary to text XML
13. Keyboard Themes
Keyboard theme thru winterboard are not supported in fw 3.X.X
Saurik: I just spent way too many hours pulling apart the 3.x keyboard code. There isn't enough legacy support to theme keyboards anymore. Sorry
Current Mods Contributed by Forumers
To jump to any post below, example post 212..add =+211 » (http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/779930/+211)
0) Kids icon - post 16.
1) System Font (change font text and sms) - post 47.
2) Weather Widget - post 50 and download - post 813..
3) Carrier Logo - post 79.
4) Lock Clock Font - post 84.
5) Add text to AWAY_LOCK_LABEL - post 101.
6) Barcode LockClock Font - post 212.
7) Bubble LockClock Font - post 249.
8) Using Blank Apps (download from Cydia) - post 236.
9) Weather and Time post 302 and icon downloads post 546.
10) Background animated wallpaper - post 341.
11) LockScreen Time and Calender - post 342.
12) Custom boot screen(LogoMe via Cydia) - post 346.
13) iPhone Wallpaper links - post 367 n 397.
14) Text-Voice Converter message tone - post 383.
15) SMS Background mod - post 434.
16) Alienware Theme Cydia repo- post 490.
17) Alienware icons download - post 523.
18) Studio Theme download - post 546.
19) Various Fonts download- post 548.
20) Weather clock time date month widget download- post 559.
21) Various Font 2 - post 579.
22) Notes app theming - post 613.
23) Blank apps download - post 650 and 614.
24) Various Fonts 3 download - post 624
25) LockScreen (One Week Weather Widget and Calender) download and installation instructions- post 649.
26) 39 Lock Clock Fonts download- post 675.
27) Black Neon Agua Theme download - post 692.
28) Paul Frank Julius Theme download - post 700.
29) DEXTER Theme download - post 708.
30) Various Fonts 4 and Clock Fonts - post 716.
31) Picnic Theme download - post 774.
32) Transparent Lockscreen Bar - post 943.
33) WINDOWS VISTA for iPhone by syarawi a.k.a blockflop - post 973.
34) App Store Application Pack - post 1041.
This post has been edited by davidgary73: Jun 28 2010, 08:25 PM