15 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

HUAAN (2739), All about huaan post here

views

TSsmartly
post Jul 30 2008, 05:16 PM, updated 15y ago

Look at all my stars!!
2,148 posts

Mod : If this thread has been created before, please removed.

Recently, notice an increase of interest on this counter over the cyberNet (investment blogs).

Post your comments, good, bad, TP, or anything you may feel/thought/information about this counter.
Thanks.
YuNGSeNG
post Jul 30 2008, 05:22 PM

Regular
1,382 posts

Excuse me , may I know "TP" stand for what ?
TSsmartly
post Jul 30 2008, 05:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,148 posts

TP=target price
greddym3
post Jul 30 2008, 06:58 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

http://www.hlgs.hongleong.com.my/lib/2008/...ny/08072431.pdf
TSsmartly
post Aug 4 2008, 09:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,148 posts

Huaan is coming.
howszat
post Aug 4 2008, 10:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,925 posts

Doing very well this morning.
tkwfriend
post Aug 4 2008, 12:03 PM

I always doubt and always something goes wrong
1,828 posts

yes huaan has the indicator might go up. this has started pass few days ago
wahlauyeh
post Aug 4 2008, 01:37 PM

Getting Started
119 posts

wat is the current price?

TSsmartly
post Aug 4 2008, 04:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,148 posts

4:15pm trading at 0.64/0.645 highest 0.665.
Hope it pass 0.70sen this week.
goognio
post Aug 5 2008, 10:44 PM

Casual
351 posts

Have you notice that someone is trying to curb the price from going upward. They keep on queing sell of about 5K plus lots and sometimes they put 10K plus lots. Funny becoz it will disapear and coming back later. Why they do this. Are they trying to collect at lower price?
JREnterprise
post Aug 13 2008, 10:49 AM

Getting Started
89 posts

Although the indicator shows to buy in, but the RSI hits more than 50 d. High risk to buy in, too much of ppl holding this stock d.
TSsmartly
post Aug 23 2008, 03:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,148 posts

Huaan 1H profit 72million.
tsd
post Aug 28 2008, 04:57 AM

49 posts

I have been buying quite alot of this share, volume is there... I cant understand why it continues to drop. I dont think it will drop further. This company is debt free, plenty of cash and good profit... what else can you ask for ?

If someone says that steel industry is going to sleep after the olympics, there will always be next olympics. There will always be new bridge, new big buildings and other constructions... all needs steel.

cherroy
post Aug 28 2008, 10:38 AM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(tsd @ Aug 28 2008, 04:57 AM)
I have been buying quite alot of this share, volume is there... I cant understand why it continues to drop. I dont think it will drop further. This company is debt free, plenty of cash and good profit... what else can you ask for ?

If someone says that steel industry is going to sleep after the olympics, there will always be next olympics. There will always be new bridge, new big buildings and other constructions... all needs steel.
To be precise, Huaan is not steel company but a company that supply coke that needed for steel processing materials.

I don't have any research on this company. Is it true that the company is debt free by looking at company balance sheet? Curious to know also.
tsd
post Aug 28 2008, 02:26 PM

49 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Aug 28 2008, 10:38 AM)
To be precise, Huaan is not steel company but a company that supply coke that needed for steel processing materials.

I don't have any research on this company. Is it true that the company is debt free by looking at company balance sheet? Curious to know also.
as long as steel industry is alive, HUAAN will do well... they need the products from HUAAN for steel processing. Even if the entire Steel industry collapsed, HUAAN can still survive by selling coal and its by products. They buy coal in bulk from mines directly, latest news... they might be buying over some coal mines.

Yep.. this counter is debt free... it has zero loans from bank.

This post has been edited by tsd: Aug 28 2008, 02:27 PM
cherroy
post Aug 28 2008, 02:39 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(tsd @ Aug 28 2008, 02:26 PM)
as long as steel industry is alive, HUAAN will do well... they need the products from HUAAN for steel processing. Even if the entire Steel industry collapsed, HUAAN can still survive by selling coal and its by products. They buy coal in bulk from mines directly, latest news... they might be buying over some coal mines.

Yep.. this counter is debt free... it has zero loans from bank.
Err... not the same analogy, yes, Huaan's product is needed for steel industry, but it doesn't mean if Steel company is earning good money, Huaan must or should be able to do also.

It is about pricing power, cost and competition among themselves within the industry. Yes, it indirectly affected by steel industry because steel industry is its customer, but higher revenue doesnt' mean higher profit. As if coal price is surging faster, then it might mean higher cost for them in the future as well.

Don't get me wrong, I don't say Huaan is not good, in fact, it low price with good earning starts to attract my attention as well.

Just we can't say if steel industry is doing good, then those supply to the steel industry must be doing as well.
It is similar to oil industry, crude oil price is surging to historical high so does gasoline price, but refiners are facing profit margin being sqeuezed even though gasoline rose to historical high because the pace of gasoline price increment is less than crude oil.

Just my 2 cents.

Btw, got any link for getting the financial report of it (particularly on balance sheet and cashflow), so that can study a bit on it. Can't find it at the KLSE website.

NVM, just found it already.

This post has been edited by cherroy: Aug 28 2008, 02:49 PM
tsd
post Aug 28 2008, 02:52 PM

49 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Aug 28 2008, 02:39 PM)
Err... not the same analogy, yes, Huaan's product is needed for steel industry, but it doesn't mean if Steel company is earning good money, Huaan must or should be able to do also.

It is about pricing power, cost and competition among themselves within the industry. Yes, it indirectly affected by steel industry because steel industry is its customer, but higher revenue doesnt' mean higher profit. As if coal price is surging faster, then it might mean higher cost for them in the future as well.

Don't get me wrong, I don't say Huaan is not good, in fact, it low price with good earning starts to attract my attention as well.

Just we can't say if steel industry is doing good, then those supply to the steel industry must be doing as well.
It is similar to oil industry, crude oil price is surging to historical high so does gasoline price, but refiners are facing profit margin being sqeuezed even though gasoline rose to historical high because the pace of gasoline price increment is less than crude oil.

Just my 2 cents.

Btw, got any link for getting the financial report of it (particularly on balance sheet and cashflow), so that can study a bit on it. Can't find it at the KLSE website.

NVM, just found it already.
Huaan secures coal at very low price and it is located very near to big coal mines, so it does not have to spend very high on transportation. It has also secures long term electric supply at a discounted price, besides that it also has special tax incentives from the Gov of China. Everything looks positive.

you can find the latest balance sheet, cash flow from www.klse.com.my under announcement.

cherroy
post Aug 28 2008, 02:56 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

May be the share price dropping because of concern on its profit margin. Nevertheless, its profit in term of EPS and cashflow look healthy.

Taken from the financial report,
Despite the seemingly favourable pricing of metallurgical coke and the majority of the by-products as mentioned above, the price of raw materials (coking coal) has also increased quite significantly by an average of approximately 115% in the current quarter compared to the average prices registered in the preceding year corresponding quarter. Additionally, in view of the escalating fuel costs and inflation generally experienced in China, the transportation cost has also increased in tandem. Based on the above which saw an abrupt escalation in raw material prices in the current quarter under review compared with that of the preceding year, coupled with the fact that our new 600,000 tonnes coking oven (completed in mid May) and was in the running-in phase, thus was not running at full capacity. The Group saw a reduction in gross margin to approximately 13% in the current quarter under review. Notwithstanding the above, the gross profit of the Group in terms of quantum for the current quarter stood at approximately RM54.6 million, an increase of 23% from RM44.3 million in the preceding year corresponding quarter. Accordingly, profit before tax for the current quarter increased by approximately 13% to RM43.6 million from RM38.4 million in the preceding year corresponding quarter.

tsd
post Aug 28 2008, 03:05 PM

49 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Aug 28 2008, 02:56 PM)
May be the share price dropping because of concern on its profit margin. Nevertheless, its profit in term of EPS and cashflow look healthy.

Taken from the financial report,
yep, they reason why their profit margin reduced is because they were unable to pass the increase of cost to the consumer, which is no surprise. If a steel producer order coke from Huaan, they will secure the order months ahead. Prices are fixed already at point of order when contracts are signed, if cost increase... there is nothing much they can do.

However, they will have new orders in the future... and they are able to charge higher this time, with the raw material already in hand...they will be able to make higher profit margin next time around, this can offset the loss in profit margin previously.
cherroy
post Aug 28 2008, 03:06 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(tsd @ Aug 28 2008, 02:52 PM)
Huaan secures coal at very low price and it is located very near to big coal mines, so it does not have to spend very high on transportation. It has also secures long term electric supply at a discounted price, besides that it also has special tax incentives from the Gov of China. Everything looks positive.

you can find the latest balance sheet, cash flow from www.klse.com.my under announcement.
It can be view as half full or half empty in term of special tax incentives and others cost factor as mentioned (buying at discount price).

1. If those being taken away, then it might not as profitable as it was/is. So for half empty view, the company is not as profitable or competitive as it looks because those cost price is not according to the normal market price as well as tax incentives wise.
As those discount price purchase or tax incentive wise although might be long term, but we knew it is not forever, that's where market concern of.

2. Half full view, those lower cost will able the company to register more healthy profit to the company.

Generally, as market is forwards looking mechanism, market generally tend to take the view on (1) more than (2). Because market generally more concern about the true competitiveness of the company.

It is similar to TNB, although TNB registered billions of profit, market generally doesn't react quite positively because market knows TNB is buying natural gas from Petronas at huge discount price compared to market price. So its share market price generally being traded at a discount compared to its peer.

Don't mean to comment on Huaan whether it is good or bad. Just some experience that how market view on a stock generally.

Judge you own.

Added on August 28, 2008, 3:15 pmBtw, you or anyone can explain why they want to list in KLSE in the first place by reverse takeover of Antah? I am still struggling to find a reason for it.

As listing elsewhere particular in China market or HK, they can easily chalk up more premium on their share price compared to KLSE. As we knew KLSE performance wise is not so good compared to others regional market.

This post has been edited by cherroy: Aug 28 2008, 03:15 PM

15 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0202sec    0.51    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:44 AM