16 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> U MOBILE CONMAN, free prep but register postpaid silently

views

TSclicker186
post Jul 14 2008, 11:09 PM, updated 12y ago

Getting Started
187 posts

Yesterday I visited U mobile booth at BTS. And i saw this so call "free" prepaid number given out free by U mobile. Since it is free, i think that harmless to get a free number from them. The prepaid number has rm1 credit inside and can be thrown away after finish the rm1 credit. So, I has choosen 3 "free" prepaid number from the list, and the u mobile staff asking ic for prepaid mobile registration. They said that since they need some time to photostat my ic (the are using 3 in 1 printer to photocopy), they ask me to come back in 5 minutes time. I left my ic with them and go get some snack.

After tat when i go back to the booth, and when i collect my 3 free prepaid, i was given another 3 free U broadband sim card. I was told U mobile has promotion now, and i can try the u broadband for free for 2 months. And if i am not happy with it within 2 month (no continue subscript) the u broadband will terminate automatically, but u will need to wait for 7 days for it to activate the broadband services. So i just get accept the 3 free prepaid simpack & 3 FREE u-broadband sim card.

Afterward i went back home, and during my yumcha session v my fren we talk on the u mobile free thingy. My fren was surprise as free u-broadband only comes with U38 POSTPAID plan, and not free. This also shock me, so i called u mobile..after checking the call center lady said my name is registered for 3 U38 POSTPAID plan, with contract bound for 2 years..WTF!! Since when i agree to register for the pospaid plan.... RM38 * 3 * 24 = RM2736?!?!? Somemore who will be so stupid to register for 3 postpaid line..

now the fact is:

THE FREE U BROADBAND SIM CARD ARE ACTUALLY U38 PLAN SIMCARD, WHERE I WAS CONNED BY U-MOBILE TO REGISTER FOR THEIR U38 PLAN TO GET THE SO CALL FREE BROADBAND. EVEN WORSE, THE LINE WAS REGISTERED UNDER MY NAME WITHOUT ME KNOWING THAT THE LINE IS REGISTERED UNDER MY NAME. AND THE REASON WHY THE CONMAN ASK ME TO WAIT FOR 7 DAYS IS BECAUSE AFTER 7 DAYS I WILL BE BOUND WITH THE 2 YEARS CONTRACT, NEED TO PAY RM38*3 FOR 2 YEARS CONTRACT. DAMN U MOBILE. USE THIS KIND OF TACTIC TO CHEAT CONSUMER.

Everyone please be AWARE of this so call FREE PREPAID from U-Mobile, CONMAN company...wtf..
directly i throw away all the so call free U mobile simpack...damn u mobile.. vmad.gif mad.gif

ps: please don say something like it is the salesman fault, not umobile fault. if without permisiion from umobile,i bet the staff will not dare to do so as well...

== Update == 2008 10 10
DAMN U Mobile..
This is NOT ENDED YET....

Today i receive 2 bill from U Mobile, ask me to pay bill for July (wtf, I don't even saw the tel number before) vmad.gif

This is really suXXXX...call their customer service, he say go report police they will investigate, say received around 30 case already today.

I don't know how this thing will end. How can register for customer silently? U Mobile really suxx, even thaught Celcom has lousy service, Maxis has expensive service, but they never use this trick to cheat people. U mobile, to get customer, do anything... i curse U Mobile go bankrupt in 3 months time... mad.gif mad.gif vmad.gif vmad.gif shakehead.gif

user posted image

== UPDATE: == 2008 10 13
I just report police. But the 'keterangan' seem no detail at all, the 'makcik' say no need detail, and her BM karangan level very low, my sis can write better karanga than her.. Hope this can help me.

= = = = = U P D A T E 2008 12 05 = = = = =

More cases reported from LYN users:

Ooi
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

SootheSayer

rayth

What you can do:

1) Log a police case
2) Go to U-conman serv center, fill up waiver form & dispute form (depend on luck, some staff may ignore you)
3) After 1 week, call to cust serv 018-3881318 to check if any number registered under ur IC still active (Depend on luck, you may listen to music for half to 1 hours)
4) Wait if next month still receiving bill from U-conman
5) Still receive bill, mean the form not process, repeat step 2 to 4 again..
6) Post result here..

This post has been edited by clicker186: Dec 5 2008, 11:27 PM
sjz
post Jul 14 2008, 11:19 PM

SjZ's here.......
2,210 posts

Same thing happens to Celcom before i guess.. tongue.gif
I think it's the salesman fault. U mobile also have fault la.
You know, they tell those salesman, "I don't care what you do, i just want more subscribers, with more subscribers, you get more incentive...." tongue.gif
rzs77
post Jul 14 2008, 11:20 PM

Getting Started
174 posts

wahh! shocking.gif they also came to my area near wangsa maju! lucky i didn't take. sweat.gif i almost did though.
i didn't know there was a 2 year contract.
what about the 2-month-use-for-free-broadband-and-throw-away-after shit? shakehead.gif
does it mean that after 2 months, broadband is no longer free BUT u still have to continue with u mobile for another 22 months?!
Haih...nowadays even big companies want to con ka? doh.gif
Can't we do something?
Go report and charge them for 'false advertising'? They didn't disclose some VITAL information lorh! mad.gif
aspire2oo6
post Jul 14 2008, 11:20 PM

Banned
34,712 posts

no photo or contact number no use? then it can be anyone
TSclicker186
post Jul 14 2008, 11:32 PM

Getting Started
187 posts

QUOTE(sjz @ Jul 14 2008, 11:19 PM)
Same thing happens to Celcom before i guess.. tongue.gif
I think it's the salesman fault. U mobile also have fault la.
You know, they tell those salesman, "I don't care what you do, i just want more subscribers, with more subscribers, you get more incentive...." tongue.gif
if they tell the truth and i still take it then i had nothing to say, but now they hiding info from me. If i was not call to ask, i wont know my name has 3 line registered..damn...

QUOTE(rzs77 @ Jul 14 2008, 11:20 PM)
wahh!  shocking.gif they also came to my area near wangsa maju! lucky i didn't take.  sweat.gif  i almost did though.
i didn't know there was a 2 year contract.
what about the 2-month-use-for-free-broadband-and-throw-away-after shit?  shakehead.gif
does it mean that after 2 months, broadband is no longer free BUT u still have to continue with u mobile for another 22 months?!
Haih...nowadays even big companies want to con ka? doh.gif
Can't we do something?
Go report and charge them for 'false advertising'? They didn't disclose some VITAL information lorh!  mad.gif
no..after 7 days u will start charge rm38..until 2 years. the broadband only free for 2 months, after that will charge.mean u pay rm38*24 for 2 years mobile phone & 2 month broadband..my case even worse, 3 line..
report? who to report? Vincent Tan is the one who "approve" this to boost the sale... vmad.gif

QUOTE(aspire2oo6 @ Jul 14 2008, 11:20 PM)
no photo or contact number no use? then it can be anyone
what u mean? who will go ask and remember the salesman name, contact no? shakehead.gif
reality i was conned, and i m here to warn u all..up 2 u to believe it o not..

rzs77
post Jul 14 2008, 11:42 PM

Getting Started
174 posts

Can't u like cancel it or something?
I thought i remembered one of the shakehead.gif 'informative' shakehead.gif sales person tell me that after 2 months, when the free broadband promotion is over, i could just throw the sim card away if i didn't want to use u mobile anymore.
Can't u do that? hmm.gif
What's all this contract then??? rclxub.gif

mitodna
post Jul 14 2008, 11:50 PM

Getting Started
All Stars
13,850 posts

which Booth you go into? at what time? the outside or inside? which floor? location?

U38 is without contract, who told you are bound to 2 years contract? time?

you throw 3 prepaid for nothing? your name is registered, Malaysian max 10 registration for prepaid

you also going to throw 3 postpaid? better you go to inside U Mobile settle all,

This post has been edited by mitodna: Jul 14 2008, 11:58 PM
TSclicker186
post Jul 15 2008, 12:01 AM

Getting Started
187 posts

QUOTE(rzs77 @ Jul 14 2008, 11:42 PM)
Can't u like cancel it or something?
I thought i remembered one of the  shakehead.gif 'informative' shakehead.gif sales person tell me that after 2 months, when the free broadband promotion is over, i could just throw the sim card away if i didn't want to use u mobile anymore.
Can't u do that? hmm.gif
What's all this contract then???  rclxub.gif
tat's what the conman told me as well. but when i call u mobile they say a different way. u can try call and ask.

QUOTE(mitodna @ Jul 14 2008, 11:50 PM)
which Booth you go into? at what time? the outside or inside? which floor? location?

U38 is without contract, be cool

you throw 3 prepaid for nothing? your name is registered, Malaysian max 10 registration for prepaid

you also going to throw 3 postpaid? better you go to inside U Mobile settle all,
the one near main entrance, near escalator, beside photo show gallery, got 2 entrance one at BTS ground floor, jalan imbi, kuala lumpor, malaysia. sweat.gif

that is the lady from call center told me..

doesnt matter, i am using postpaid, ain goin to change to prepaid. even yes, i will wait mnp come in..i can port to prepaid.

i will go and settle all tmr morning, i wont want to pay the rm38 * 3 for 2 years.. vmad.gif
mitodna
post Jul 15 2008, 12:04 AM

Getting Started
All Stars
13,850 posts

inside, or outside counter?

ok, open at 10am, you can settle all there, for sure, but I advice you don't throw your prepaid
xpresside

Regular
1,951 posts

HELLO newbie
http://u38.u.com.my/html-night/faq_packages.html

read number11..the contract used to be only for umobile broadband service which includes the modem rm78
now umobile broadband monthly charge is rm68 without modem and NO CONTRACT!
partly your fault..if u werent greedy and take 3 numbers ..
micpooh

3 posts

Don't think U38 has contract at all.... have it for bout three months.... though never really use it.....

Go straight to berjaya times square HQ asap.... they should be able to tell you what you can do...
TSclicker186
post Jul 15 2008, 12:14 AM

Getting Started
187 posts

QUOTE(mitodna @ Jul 15 2008, 12:04 AM)
inside, or outside counter?

ok, open at 10am, you can settle all there, for sure, but I advice you don't throw your prepaid
outside. i want solve it asap also

QUOTE(xpresside @ Jul 15 2008, 12:04 AM)
HELLO newbie
http://u38.u.com.my/html-night/faq_packages.html

read number11..the contract used to be only for umobile broadband service which includes the modem rm78
now umobile broadband monthly charge is rm68 without modem and NO CONTRACT!
partly your fault..if u werent greedy and take 3 numbers ..
tat's for U broadband package. i am refering to postpaid.
my intend was the prepaid, not the broadband/postpaid, if i knew there is hidden trick i wont take it.. sad.gif

QUOTE(micpooh @ Jul 15 2008, 12:04 AM)
Don't think U38 has contract at all.... have it for bout three months.... though never really use it.....

Go straight to berjaya times square HQ asap.... they should be able to tell you what you can do...
i think so.

mitodna
post Jul 15 2008, 12:16 AM

Getting Started
All Stars
13,850 posts

go to Inside, the counter there, not outside booth

read the 11., No, U38 is not a contractual package.
xpresside
post Jul 15 2008, 12:17 AM

Regular
1,951 posts

well i was linking u38 which is POSTPAID doh.gif
mitodna
post Jul 15 2008, 12:18 AM

Getting Started
All Stars
13,850 posts

QUOTE(xpresside @ Jul 15 2008, 12:17 AM)
well i was linking u38 which is POSTPAID  doh.gif
be cool, hope he can post update by tomorrow biggrin.gif
xpresside
post Jul 15 2008, 12:22 AM

Regular
1,951 posts

QUOTE(mitodna @ Jul 15 2008, 12:18 AM)
yes hope so..coz its very easy to play the blame game than admitting self ignorance whistling.gif
rzs77
post Jul 15 2008, 12:26 AM

Getting Started
174 posts

Yeah...i think this is all just a misunderstanding.
After reading their FAQ i still am not that clear with their services cos the person TS called said different. rclxub.gif
2 years contract? No contract? vmad.gif
Pening lorh! rclxub.gif
Update us tomorrow TS!
Good luck! Hope all goes well tomorrow! thumbup.gif
TSclicker186
post Jul 15 2008, 12:29 AM

Getting Started
187 posts

QUOTE(mitodna @ Jul 15 2008, 12:16 AM)
go to Inside, the counter there, not outside booth

read the 11., No, U38 is not a contractual package.
oki

QUOTE(xpresside @ Jul 15 2008, 12:17 AM)
well i was linking u38 which is POSTPAID  doh.gif
now the prob is i am not suppose to get free broadband if i oly get fre prepaid. now i get the so call free broadband mean i was signed to postpaid. i dun wan sign to stupid postpaid. (the website state is not contract, but the lady said is 2 year contract bound, which one to trust?) rclxub.gif

QUOTE(mitodna @ Jul 15 2008, 12:18 AM)
i will update u all

QUOTE(xpresside @ Jul 15 2008, 12:22 AM)
yes hope so..coz its very easy to play the blame game than admitting self ignorance  whistling.gif
seem i am the mangsa here man.. sweat.gif

post Jul 15 2008, 12:54 AM

Regular
1,600 posts

similiar case wif celcom last time.....
carloompunk
post Jul 15 2008, 01:59 AM

along
1,227 posts

wooo...
lucky i didnt register the u mobile this evening...

16 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0324sec    1.14    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th November 2020 - 04:42 PM