Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

U MOBILE CONMAN, free prep but register postpaid silently

views

screwedpeep
post Dec 3 2011, 12:58 AM

Enthusiast
861 posts

QUOTE(CnY Garage @ Dec 2 2011, 03:45 PM)
U-mobile
strength : cheapest 3g network, longest validity, cheapest IDD for some countries, FREE call (good news for students couple), easy to reload and pay bills.

weakness:  delayed bills, lame customer services, can't check outstandings from phones
please comment if i am wrong, i am not necessary to promote U-mobile since i m selling others like xox tunetalk celcom maxis digi too, just to share my opinions
truly agree with you. they have very sucks customer service. i've dealt with celcom and maxis before. maxis is the best in term of customer service. umobile didnt respond to my tweet when i asked about the progress of my problem. maxis? they replied the tweet and they even called to explain.

i've been with UM for the past 1 month++. the only reason i have to stay with UM is just its cheap data plan.
theonlyvin
post Dec 12 2011, 02:06 AM

Getting Started
184 posts

Lol, they are a utar too luckily i did not accept the prepaid deals, if next time they dare to come to my campus again, i will just shoot them out with this post.....u mobile, u make me disappointed....

Added on December 12, 2011, 2:07 am
QUOTE(screwedpeep @ Dec 3 2011, 12:58 AM)
truly agree with you. they have very sucks customer service. i've dealt with celcom and maxis before. maxis is the best in term of customer service. umobile didnt respond to my tweet when i asked about the progress of my problem. maxis? they replied the tweet and they even called to explain.

i've been with UM for the past 1 month++. the only reason i have to stay with UM is just its cheap data plan.
Digi customer service i good too.....haha, just share my opinion yah

This post has been edited by theonlyvin: Dec 12 2011, 02:07 AM
peifen923
post Jul 18 2012, 12:02 AM

2 posts

it happen to me also. T.T
I'm tarcian from kl campus, around 2months ago, they set a booth outside my college. They also using same tactic, the girl said is PREPAID, and free use for 1month, inside the sim card conduct of don't know how many gb of data plan. Because of my friend recommend me that u mobile data plan not bad, so i just have a try. And, i asked the girl that is it really PREPAID,it won't be charge me after the free trial right? And it won't change my original line to u mobile right, i confirm with the girl several times edi, the girl said YES!so when i sign the form, i'm trying to read the term and condition,but the girl ask me to sign there, and the tone like so rush, so since i'm rushing for the class also, then i just sign and went off.
So after a month, i do not remember the 'deadline' of the free trial, i thought still free, so continue use. Then i received a bill from umobile, and it show that my account is postpaid. I was feel like being cheated, although actually i feel quite nice to use, but i feel like being cheated and not willing to pay it although just rm20. So i send a complain to umobile, they ask me to go their service centre to cancel it. I'm trying to ask my friend go with me, because sometime 'some' people see you alone then fierce you back, but at last my frien not free and i'm busy with my assignment so forget to cancel and no time also. But sometime i still forget my hp is plug in that u mobile sim, so i will make some call sometime. I'm got 2hp, so this umobile phone not so frequent to use and just make call sometime only, mostly use another phone and din use data.
Today i just received another bill. Wtf! Rm 80++!how am i going to afford it oh, more than my weekly pocket money! It's include the 1st month rm20. Then rm8 something is make call charges, others rm50(after discount)is data. The rm8 i'm willing to pay,but the remain really not willing lo. I actually plan to ignore it, but it will blacklist me in other operation also. Sigh...
kuance
post Jul 18 2012, 09:27 AM

Enthusiast
899 posts

QUOTE(peifen923 @ Jul 18 2012, 12:02 AM)
it happen to me also. T.T
I'm tarcian from kl campus, around 2months ago, they set a booth outside my college. They also using same tactic, the girl said is PREPAID, and free use for 1month, inside the sim card conduct of don't know how many gb of data plan. Because of my friend recommend me that u mobile data plan not bad, so i just have a try. And, i asked the girl that is it really PREPAID,it won't be charge me after the free trial right? And it won't change my original line to u mobile right, i confirm with the girl several times edi, the girl said YES!so when i sign the form, i'm trying to read the term and condition,but the girl ask me to sign there, and the tone like so rush, so since i'm rushing for the class also, then i just sign and went off.
So after a month, i do not remember the 'deadline' of the free trial, i thought still free, so continue use. Then i received a bill from umobile, and it show that my account is postpaid. I was feel like being cheated, although actually i feel quite nice to use, but i feel like being cheated and not willing to pay it although just rm20. So i send a complain to umobile, they ask me to go their service centre to cancel it. I'm trying to ask my friend go with me, because sometime 'some' people see you alone then fierce you back, but at last my frien not free and i'm busy with my assignment so forget to cancel and no time also. But sometime i still forget my hp is plug in that u mobile sim, so i will make some call sometime. I'm got 2hp, so this umobile phone not so frequent to use and just make call sometime only, mostly use another phone and din use data.
Today i just received another bill. Wtf! Rm 80++!how am i going to afford it oh, more than my weekly pocket money! It's include the 1st month rm20. Then rm8 something is make call charges, others rm50(after discount)is data. The rm8 i'm willing to pay,but the remain really not willing lo. I actually plan to ignore it, but it will blacklist me in other operation also. Sigh...
DON'T WORRY ABOUT THIS... As i got into this also. SAME KL tarcian, setapak campus and got scammed at Genting Klang area. The salesman say the same thing and end up it is a postpaid card and soon enough i start to receive bill. The best thing is, the second day i receive the card i realise it is a scam. I never insert into my phone and i just CALL U-MOBILE using my DIGI line. I tell them the case and they ask me to visit their service center at Timesquare. I bring along my simpack there... and they settle everything for me, they cut the sim card, they unregister me and i confirm with them "IS THAT ALL, I DONT WAN SH*T FROM YOU PPL". the guy say "YES, DONE"....

EPIC STORY started... 2 month later, U-mobile call me and ask me to pay my unpaid balance... i was like WTF!?!?!?! I WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR MANAGER... even worse, when they link the line to their superior, their superior talk like GANGSTER? forcing me to pay, i say i DID even F*King insert the card to my phone and ur personnel had just CUT off the card 2 days after i receive it and yet u still ask me to pay... END UP... I insist not to pay, and he threaten me with lawyer. he say he will issue law letter for me to sue me for whatever shitty reason. and i say "U GO AHEAD"... I hang off the phone... waiting for the letter to come... but never happen....

THE END.

P/S: The best part of all is that they even spell my name wrongly. they got my IC correct... but my name registered wrongly due to some damn idiot sales person? im not sure. I know i offended the salesperson here.. but u offend the public first...
stanley_85
post Jul 18 2012, 10:33 AM

Testing
1,050 posts

my friends get con by umobile also. he register for free sim and test. after one month my friends going to terminated the number and paid all the bill. but after 3rd month. bill coming and charger his another 2 months. my friends have totally didnt use at all after terminated.
mohdshafie00
post Sep 27 2012, 11:00 AM

Getting Started
94 posts

blaklisted, cannot register with other telcos. forever using prepaid sad.gif
de1929
post Sep 27 2012, 02:47 PM

Regular
1,920 posts

QUOTE(mohdshafie00 @ Sep 27 2012, 11:00 AM)
blaklisted, cannot register with other telcos. forever using prepaid  sad.gif
hmm... that's why when register i never use my IC hahaha...

i googled "nigeria passport", print 1 copy and just use it to register.

hey... the salesman just want subscriber quota rite ? so just give him subscriber lahhh...
overnoob
post Sep 27 2012, 07:34 PM

Getting Started
119 posts

haha....but my more awesome i register at 29th then --> 15th come 2 month bill ~~ wew rclxms.gif for Umobile !
i also which Umobile can bankrupt soon but this company got Dato Vincent Tan support ..so hard for UM bankrupt !!!
haha laugh.gif
nikeskill21
post Oct 24 2012, 01:22 PM

6 posts

DAMN! Me & my friend just terkena semalam @ KL. We didn't used the sim yet. Me arrived home terus buat research. Same situation.. The salesman give free sim, ask for ic, signature bla bla.. If no like, just throw the sim. free, no charge. Terminate pun free. ergh sembang lebih. What should I do? Go to their center? >:(

This post has been edited by nikeskill21: Oct 24 2012, 01:27 PM
quintesson
post Oct 25 2012, 04:48 PM

On my way
559 posts

wow it's been 4 years since this thread started & umobile still using the same modus operandi? i believe a lot of reports have been made why no action taken to stop it? isn't it consider a crime for cheating telco can lose the license why is it still operating until now?
starfir3
post Nov 21 2013, 11:52 AM

24 posts

i got scammed with a few friends 2 years ago. til today i haven't paid. they just smsed with a threat to take legal action. gonna call them later . see what happens.
infernoaswen
post Nov 21 2013, 05:57 PM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
3,780 posts

QUOTE(starfir3 @ Nov 21 2013, 11:52 AM)
i got scammed with a few friends 2 years ago. til today i haven't paid. they just smsed with a threat to take legal action. gonna call them later . see what happens.
Keep us updated bro smile.gif
wilsonkck
post Nov 21 2013, 08:54 PM

Getting Started
138 posts

Beware of FREE things without registration fee. hmm.gif
starfir3
post Dec 9 2013, 01:10 PM

24 posts

Update: few weeks ago I sent an official complaint to CFM.
http://www.cfm.org.my/
I didn't even have to contact Umobile.
Today I received a letter stating that Umobile has officially waived my bill after receiving the complain from CFM.

Didn't expect it to be so efficient lol.

yeezai
post Dec 10 2013, 05:45 PM

-using no way as way-having no limitation as limitation-
2,531 posts

omg good for you bro ....
Rockman.EXE
post Dec 11 2013, 01:27 AM

46 posts

Remember, there's no any free lunch to eat in this world... smile.gif
KepliCorn Inc
post Jan 29 2016, 10:33 AM

Getting Started
97 posts

QUOTE(starfir3 @ Dec 9 2013, 01:10 PM)
Update: few weeks ago I sent an official complaint to CFM.
http://www.cfm.org.my/
I didn't even have to contact Umobile.
Today I received a letter stating that Umobile has officially waived my bill after receiving the complain from CFM.

Didn't expect it to be so efficient lol.
Hi can share what did complain to CFM?

I got outstanding amount from this U mobile scam and now cant subscribe to any plan or postpaid from any telco. This all started when mobile number are not bound to any telco.

From the sim card that I have registered (3 sim cards) none have been activated and I never insert any sim card on any phone. Last thing I knew I got bills from U mobile for the 3 postpaid phone number. The salesman told me it was a prepaid plan vmad.gif .

starfir3
post Jan 29 2016, 10:38 PM

24 posts

I wrote out the entire story from start to end.
Basically told them what the salesman said, how I never used the sim card at all, how I cancelled the card on time, then suddenly a bill appeared after 1 month, etc etc.
And then I mentioned that I shouldn't be blacklisted because this is a scam...
something like that lol.
Good luck with your dispute case. Did you contact Umobile yet?
overmars
post Jul 3 2019, 01:17 PM

Getting Started
207 posts

Public Service Announcement.

I was one of the victims back in year 2008. Last year June, i decided to write in to MCMC on my case (after PRU14 coincidentally). I wrote whatever i could remember about what happened 10 years ago AND highlighted this thread as reference to the high number of victims falling to same modus operandi.

A few months later, rep of umobile offered me a discount on the outstanding fee. It was about 20% discount. i refused to budge. I chose to reject their offer and re-opened the case through the portal of MCMC (it's a just a click of button anyway)

After close to 1 year and re-opening the case a few times, finally received email from umobile that they will waive the whole amount. Justice prevailed. We were gullible back then, most people were when young, but now that we are all full grown adults, we ought to fight for what's right, and know whats wrong. What happened 10 years back was that the reps of umobile gave us wrong information to coax us to sign up a plan that we were unaware of. That's the fact. Take action guys.

Dear Mr. X,

This is in response to your feedback received via Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) with regards to the abovementioned account.

After due deliberation, we would like to inform that our management has agreed to waive off all the remaining outstanding in the account amounting to RMxxx. Please note that this waiver amount has been updated in the account on [date]. We also wish to inform that there is no more outstanding in this account.

We hope this clarifies all your concern with regards to this matter. Please email to us at customer.relation@u.com.my if you require any assistance.

This post has been edited by overmars: Jul 3 2019, 01:19 PM
SUSRojak2u
post Jul 13 2019, 08:36 AM

Getting Started
67 posts

This month is already 1 year i am using u mobile...from july last year...

As far my telco knowledge is concern...when u sign some form and requested ic some more confirm its a postpaid subscription...

Free sim is like u take, they just take ur ic pic and thats it...

Postpaid bills is prorated even though u cancel, u need to pay for next month minimum usage

16 Pages « < 14 15 16Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0225sec    0.31    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:36 PM