10,423 posts

QUOTE(SkyNet000 @ Nov 6 2008, 12:49 AM)
Coordinates: 3°12'58"N  101°37'45"E  hehe ~

i add place into it edi biggrin.gif

Sure no regrets with the satays

only at night time , 5 to 11PM

but dont go 5 la ... ... cause 5 he start burning ccharcoal
THANK YOU! rclxms.gif rclxm9.gif

I have been looking for this place a long time. Nobody seems to know where it is even my friend who stayed at Kepong for many years. At last, I can try this famous duck satay!!!
abubin
post Dec 3 2009, 01:57 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

that day i wanted to try duck satay 3°12'58"N 101°37'45"E.

But it was pasarmalam night also. So pack of people. I end up can't find the place due to the pasar malam causing jam and all. Maybe the shop close on pasar malam night?

Added on December 3, 2009, 2:39 pm
QUOTE(WhiteMouse @ Aug 22 2009, 12:17 PM)
how to say...

kaka taste a bit more salty-ish...

but nippon soup BKT one also not THAT good la..

but you shud try their dry bkt which is a bit pedas... very nice... and ask them for extra tou fu pok in soup... that soup is nice.. clear and tasty...

i dunno why the tou fu pok soup and the BKT soup is different....

Added on August 22, 2009, 12:25 pm

that day after coming down from genting, my fren say go NINJA... i was like was is that...  blink.gif a restoran name or a mamak name.. and it's like 3am in the morning edi...

then when i reach there only i realise is the cyber cafe call ninja and the mamak just in front or nearby there...

my fren recommend me to eat the ayam goreng... very very nice... better then KFC ones.. haha.. ayam goreng can go with maggi goreng, nasi lemak or ONLY ayam goreng! yum yum...  drool.gif
where is this ninja cybercafe or ninja mamak? Please post location lah. If not people wouldn't know where it is.

This post has been edited by abubin: Dec 3 2009, 02:39 PM
abubin
post Dec 19 2009, 07:04 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

Hehe... Went there again and found it at last. But the stall is like only cater for take aways. They don't even have proper stall. If want to eat in, had to sit inside the nearby restaurant which is full aircond and not cheap. We ordered fried rice and turned out the fried is my kind of liking. Very nice. And the duck Satay is nice too. Can't really taste the duck. Taste like chicken+beef. Best is the Satay sauce which is very tasty.

My only comment is that they should open their own shop which would boost sales better.

abubin
post Jan 22 2010, 12:15 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

I went to this duck satay again last week and i must say the experience is not good.

The duck satay does not taste as good as the first time i tried. Maybe due to not roasted enough.

The nasi himpit is also not good. It is too dry and one of the worst i have tasted by any satay vendor.

The only good thing is their sauce which is good quality with lots of peanuts.

The consistency is not there. Definitely overrated. But still it is one of the better satays around kepong area. Others are not that much better.
abubin
post Jan 30 2010, 07:27 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

the famous morning market is located at kepong baru. If you know where is kepong baru then you won't miss it because in the morning it is very hard to even find a parking space.
abubin
post Feb 11 2010, 10:47 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

i been there few times also and they serve me correctly. Maybe it's your luck.

But i do find the price to be slightly expensive.
abubin
post Jun 16 2010, 01:40 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

QUOTE(Vinns^^ @ May 24 2010, 11:54 PM)
if u like to eat "har mee" (prawn mee),can hav a try at pusat kepong a kopitiam name "loong kee"..  it's really delicious with concentrated prawn taste : D the best in kepong!!
Where is pusat kepong kopitiam? Is it the famous prawn noodle shop near kepong wai sik kai that open 24/7?

That one not that good anymore cause work all done by foreign worker and very little noodle. Usually 1 bowl is not enough.
abubin
post Jan 12 2011, 06:04 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

QUOTE(Makakeke @ Oct 22 2008, 06:12 PM)
There's this nasi lemak stall and char kueh teow stall open in the evening beside 7-11 Kepong Baru. Wouldn't say they're great but i love them coz when i've got no food in the evening, i'll go for either 1 of em.

- nothing special. Nothing worth recommending.

Bak Kut Teh - yea Ka Ka along Jln Kepong or Jerry's, the same row as 7-11 Kepong Baru.

- Kaka is okay but Jerry's is not nice. The fact that also at Jerry's, have to eat near a longkang that stinks...really spoil the appetite.

if you want to eat good roast duck, there's one restaurant, Kong Kee restaurant in the Kepong Baru market - only operates in the afternoon. in the evenings, there're alot along the same street as KTZ, but Onn Kee seems to be attracting the most customers.

- so so only. Used to be very very good but now..not even worth recommending

For mamaks, Spicy Kitchen is the popular spot - their food is good - their maggi goreng and roti bakar telur cheese - ohmygodd! their maggi goreng is special coz they use a diff kind of noodles although it's called maggi goreng. their signature drink - milo shake - blended milo with 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream.

- lousy suck and not tasty. Stay away

the best milo shake in Kepong is the mamak stall in Sri Sinar, where you can shake almost anything (except carbonated drinks of course). We call the place Shaker.

- milo shake? How hard is it to make. It comes from tin. All the mamak store I tried also taste the same.

I dunno...you need to start recommending food that are really good. Not the so-so type which can be found anywhere. Since you so familiar with food in Kepong, tell me which is the best Satay in Kepong? I have tasted nearly all and still can't find one that I good. If anyone is going to be a food blogger, need to have certain standard. Not just any food that can eat can be called good food. Don't just simply recommend something average only. People drive all the way there expecting it to be really good but end up disappointed. That is why I like thegutterfood blog. Even though they are using benglish, but most of what they say is spot on.

The best Satay that I have tasted recently is in Suzi's Corner Ampang.

This post has been edited by abubin: Jan 12 2011, 06:31 PM
abubin
post Jan 14 2011, 03:19 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

QUOTE(Winning11 @ Jan 12 2011, 11:25 PM)
@abubin,

different people have different taste...
I know but when the food is "yuck" that is different thing already. For example, pretty girl...however different taste you are..don't tell me you can think someone like Fantasia is pretty.

When it comes to food, there are two level of standard.

1) food that you can eat
2) food that you really love to eat

Most people have low 1 but high 2. Some people just put 1 and 2 together cause they don't really care or can't tell the difference. That's why not everyone can be food critique. Not saying I can be food critique but at least have some standard with your recommendation. Not just any food that you can eat.

Added on January 14, 2011, 3:19 pm
QUOTE(Klesk @ Jan 13 2011, 11:27 AM)
Guys have u tried the CKT at Top Kitchen? at Manjalara, same row as Double 1 restaurant, the best CKT in kepong at the moment i think...
That's a new shop, right? Ok I will go try and let you know my verdict.

This post has been edited by abubin: Jan 14 2011, 03:19 PM
abubin
post Jan 21 2011, 06:03 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

sorry..i don't eat outside enough to recommend. Plus all those good ones people already recommended.

..I did recommend...suzi's corner satay.... tongue.gif

cause satay is one of my favourite food. Tried a lot of places...so far suzi's corner satay is one of the best I have tried in years. The chicken only have lean meat which is up to my taste cause I don't eat the fat meat. Sauce is not the best but good enough. In term of sauce, the one from Kajang haju samuri is better @Kesas highway rest stop.

This post has been edited by abubin: Jan 21 2011, 06:14 PM
abubin
post Mar 29 2011, 04:36 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

QUOTE(Klesk @ Jan 13 2011, 11:27 AM)
Guys have u tried the CKT at Top Kitchen? at Manjalara, same row as Double 1 restaurant, the best CKT in kepong at the moment i think...
Ok, I have tried Top Kitchen. Actually went there some time ago but forget to post here.

The food is not bad. Not that good either. I have tried the CKT but not really my taste cause I don't like lapcheon. However, for people who do, it's not that bad. Others I tried is kong foo e-mee and some fried tofu. Overall, I can say the food in that shop is not bad. Environment also nice as things are still new there. The cashier/waitress also very pretty with very beautiful legs.
abubin
post Apr 12 2011, 03:30 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

wow..nice list there..but too bad most of them are in the wet market. I don't go there cause I am a night person. The few stalls in the wet market that open at night all...so-so only. Most of the good ones already no more.

8) Where exactly is the grill chicken wing?

10) Yong tow foo at the tesco okay only. In fact their side dishes other than yong tow foo is better...

12) this is actually owned by noodle one. Same taste if you go try at noodle one restaurants. Yes, taste okay but pricey and service not good.
abubin
post Apr 22 2011, 07:11 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

Onn Kee duck. I tried once but don't remember much about it. Probably means not that good.
abubin
post Apr 26 2011, 06:02 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

haha..cause kaka is the most famous BKT in kepong. Tons of people go there. But I agree..the hygiene there is not very good. I went there once only and the plates didn't wash properly...still very oily.

But some people, they just don't care..as long as their mouth and tongue and stomach feels good.
abubin
post May 10 2011, 03:55 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

In Kepong Baru, there is a restaurant opposite of ninja mamak (famous for fried chicken). That restaurant at night is selling fried noodles and rice. I would recommend the fried rice. I find it very nice as they use char siew. It is typical to those charsiew fried rice you get in expensive restaurants. This shop selling it for RM5 which I think is reasonable. I give a rating of 5/5 as it is my type of taste. Only problem is that this restaurant is next to a gambling dent which is not so suitable if you bring kids or girlfriends (who are turned off by these shady places).

Attached Image

This post has been edited by abubin: May 12 2011, 10:18 AM
abubin
post Jun 27 2011, 04:42 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

You know kepong baru pasar malam on sundays? That stretch of road got a shop called TongKee bakery. It's famous for eggtarts and kayapuffs. It's a corner shop. The shop right behind this TongKee is used to be ninja cybercafe. But now it's some sort of gambling cafe. Right outside the cybercafe is a mamak with famous fried chicken. People called it ninja mamak. Right across the screet of ninja mamak, if another shop lot with bright lights. That's where this nice fried rice is made.

This post has been edited by abubin: Jun 27 2011, 04:44 PM
abubin
post Jul 1 2011, 11:49 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

The shop is located near "kei tak sek @ kepong". It's along the same road. Just drive along that road and you will see the shop with two prawns as the sign board. If you miss it then I really dunno what to say. Get glasses...

See vkeong's blog, got link to a map.

http://www.vkeong.com/2008/food-drink/praw...ee-kepong-baru/

Personally, I think the prawn noodle in this shop already not that good. They sort of open 24/7 cause when I go very late at night, they still open. Anyway, the portion is very little. Sure not enough for a grown man. Not cheap also. Taste wise, it used to be good. Now, it's okay only. Still not bad lah if you haven't tasted before.
abubin
post Sep 21 2011, 06:08 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

Sinar Bintang where got KFC at the hill? The KFC is at the bottom of the hill. Across the road is pondok polis. Other KFC around Kepong is Kepong Jusco, Carrefour Kepong, Tesco Kepong, Metro Prima. Don't know any other KFC surrounding Kepong area.
abubin
post Dec 8 2011, 06:05 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

QUOTE(derrick523 @ Nov 26 2011, 11:56 AM)
happy city steamboat

Added on November 26, 2011, 12:05 pm

there foods sucks
LOL...the days of good food in foodcourts are over since they started using foreigner to cook. I remember 10 years ago when they just started those big scale food courts like "meng tin" it was nice. Then more and more starts to open and eventually foreign workers are brought in. Then the quality go down the drain.
abubin
post Dec 21 2011, 06:45 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

QUOTE(Becabal @ Nov 12 2011, 12:30 AM)
Yup lit heong already sold to other people liao.....i used to eat there always and sometime call for ta pao till last week when i call them they say already sold the whole business to other people. doh.gif
wahlau...now only i realize lit heong is "lai lai xiang". Hehe...I only know it by it's chinese name (eventhough I can't read chinese). This restaurant business is quite good leh. Even when it's a bit down season, they business still not bad and should be able to make good money. I wonder why they sold it off. One of the daughter who take orders is quite pretty too. They have like 5 cooks in the kitchen so once you order, food is served very fast. Damn..really wonder what happened to the owner.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0172sec    0.61    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:43 PM