Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> LYN Official Skateboarding Thread, anything related to skateboarding..

views

mushro0m
post Dec 14 2017, 10:44 AM

0 posts

Hi. Another late starter here (33 y.o). I use to skate(very minimal, just get my ollie down) back in my college years. Then totally stopped for more than 10 years until around last year when i found my dusty deck in the store room.

Just get back on the board and re-learn the basics. I am having so much fun. Usually i just skate alone. Just pm me if anyone wanna skate buddy.

Nearest skatepark to me is Mt Kiara. Yeah its never too late to learn to skate smile.gif
melvintcs
post Dec 15 2017, 05:44 PM

♥ Photography ♪
1,350 posts

im 31 and going to get my first board coming sunday, yes never skate before tongue.gif

plan to get 56mm soft wheel and 8.25", just want to cruise around and ollie through those obstacles.
mushro0m
post Dec 19 2017, 10:49 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(melvintcs @ Dec 15 2017, 05:44 PM)
im 31 and going to get my first board coming sunday, yes never skate before tongue.gif

plan to get 56mm soft wheel and 8.25", just want to cruise around and ollie through those obstacles.
Welcome fellow old skater smile.gif Where do u leave bro?
Maybe we can arrange for skate session sometimes.
teng_08
post Dec 19 2017, 10:55 AM

Enthusiast
973 posts

QUOTE(mushro0m @ Dec 14 2017, 10:44 AM)
Hi. Another late starter here (33 y.o). I use to skate(very minimal, just get my ollie down) back in my college years. Then totally stopped for more than 10 years until around last year when i found my dusty deck in the store room.

Just get back on the board and re-learn the basics. I am having so much fun. Usually i just skate alone. Just pm me if anyone wanna skate buddy.

Nearest skatepark to me is Mt Kiara. Yeah its never too late to learn to skate smile.gif
Nice man! Keep it up. I used to skate too and have not been on a skateboard for donkey years. I was able to do some basic tricks like ollie, shuvit, fakie ollie,50-50 and landed a few 5-0 on the curb. Didn't manage to land kickflip sad.gif sad.gif
I'm 31 this year from Penang. Used to skate at Komtar and Youth Park. Watched Padin skate few times before at Komtar. Legend.
teng_08
post Dec 19 2017, 10:59 AM

Enthusiast
973 posts

QUOTE(BelowAverage @ Jul 16 2015, 10:29 PM)
Any skate kaki in pg? Feel like playing back although old
Lol. Me from Penang. Just saw your msg dated back in 2015. Lolz...
I used to skate too but have not been on a board for 10 years like that d.
melvintcs
post Dec 19 2017, 11:33 AM

♥ Photography ♪
1,350 posts

QUOTE(mushro0m @ Dec 19 2017, 10:49 AM)
Welcome fellow old skater smile.gif Where do u leave bro?
Maybe we can arrange for skate session sometimes.
too bad im from melaka, do u still skate alone at Mt Kiara?
im learning how to do push now, main purpose i bought a board is for cruising, so no plan to learn any trick except ollie smile.gif
mushro0m
post Dec 20 2017, 09:42 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(melvintcs @ Dec 19 2017, 11:33 AM)
too bad im from melaka, do u still skate alone at Mt Kiara?
im learning how to do push now, main purpose i bought a board is for cruising, so no plan to learn any trick except ollie  smile.gif
Usually i just skate alone at home. Sometimes i went to Mt Kiara. That place was too crowded if u went there at peak hours. Besides, most of them are like 15years younger than me but 100x skillful than me lol. I just make friends with them and skate along anyway smile.gif

At first i also just want to get back my ollie n cruise around. But after 1 year i manage to learn few basic tricks(fs180, bs180, pop shuvit, fs pop shuvit). Now learning kickflip, land static but very not consistent.
mushro0m
post Dec 20 2017, 10:10 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(teng_08 @ Dec 19 2017, 10:59 AM)
Lol. Me from Penang. Just saw your msg dated back in 2015. Lolz...
I used to skate too but have not been on a board for 10 years like that d.
Just get the board n skate bro smile.gif Progress slowly n chill. I just take it as a way to exercise my body instead of going to the gym. Just know your limit n dont do crazy stuffs. Most important, have fun smile.gif
melvintcs
post Dec 20 2017, 11:27 AM

♥ Photography ♪
1,350 posts

QUOTE(mushro0m @ Dec 20 2017, 09:42 AM)
Usually i just skate alone at home. Sometimes i went to Mt Kiara. That place was too crowded if u went there at peak hours. Besides, most of them are like 15years younger than me but 100x skillful than me lol. I just make friends with them and skate along anyway smile.gif

At first i also just want to get back my ollie n cruise around. But after 1 year i manage to learn few basic tricks(fs180, bs180, pop shuvit, fs pop shuvit). Now learning kickflip, land static but very not consistent.
can take some photo of the park next time u went there? lust.gif

i only can skate at stadium parking area where normally i jog
McF7y
post Feb 28 2018, 08:46 AM

Getting Started
202 posts

Hi guys,

Anyone know any shops in PJ with reasonably priced skateboards and set ups?

I'm kinda looking to get back into it for fun so I don't need the best of everything. I even forgot how much a set up would normally cost.

I know of this shop at Amcorp Mall called Skatze which was pretty decent.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
dylan_chng
post Feb 26 2019, 12:57 PM

Casual
380 posts

I am planning to get an electric skateboard for commuting between destinations and bus stops on paved payments. Should I first buy a normal skateboard to learn skateboarding first or go straight and buy an electric skateboard?

Any recommendations on non electric and electric skateboards?

Any recommended shops in Penang I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by dylan_chng: Feb 26 2019, 12:59 PM
elru
post Mar 1 2019, 11:28 AM

Om Mani Padme Hum
1,008 posts

Just bought a complete cheap deck to learn to skate, and I pretty regret how bad it turns out. Anyway, I'll be learning the basic like push and balancing just to got the hang of it first.

Btw, the alignment is off from the way they assembled the trucks 0.5cm towards one side the deck. Wonder is that why it takes me a hard time to learn balancing (today is my third day). Never ever buy cheap deck online lol.
Julian_Felton P
post Mar 29 2019, 03:13 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(dylan_chng @ Feb 26 2019, 12:57 PM)
I am planning to get an electric skateboard for commuting between destinations and bus stops on paved payments. Should I first buy a normal skateboard to learn skateboarding first or go straight and buy an electric skateboard?

Any recommendations on non electric and electric skateboards?

Any recommended shops in Penang I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance.
I think you can just start with an electric skateboard. There're a lot e-board out there that are designed for beginner. You can check out this x-games blog. They made a quite detail guide on how to choose a electric skateboard for beginners. They also recommed some good cheap e-boards.

Hope it helps, bro.
BuKeYi
post Aug 20 2019, 10:07 AM

Getting Started
113 posts

is eskateboard legalize in MY? Planning to use it as daily commute to MRT station.
AnthonyMark P
post Oct 1 2019, 06:08 AM

Probation
0 posts

Hi there guys!

I bought Landyatchz cruiserboard dug out with soft wheels which is good for any pebbles and cruising around the street. Maybe one of you would like to have it? i just got it from US and i want to sell it for 900 MYR since i have the dinghy already.

Specs:

L: 31.5" | W: 8.5" | WB: 17.25"

Trucks: Polar Bear 130mm Trucks, Raw or Black Color
Wheels: Landyachtz Hawgs, 60mm/78a
Bearings: Landyachtz Bearings
Bushings: Standard Polar Bear Bushings
Risers: Wedge Risers
Hardware: Landyachtz Hardware
Grip Tape: Landyachtz Grip Tape.Various models offer either foam, clear, or standard grip tape.
NOTE: Wheel and truck colors may be different than pictured.

Please inbox me if you are interested.

Thank you so much!

61 Pages « < 59 60 61Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0453sec    1.84    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 13th November 2019 - 09:57 AM