4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

AMBank, working life/benefit/future in AMBank

views

BboyDora
post Oct 20 2008, 08:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,093 posts

Is it Ambank will be accept any degree too?
ed0gawa
post Oct 21 2008, 02:44 AM

coconut
4,397 posts

QUOTE(yurnero @ Oct 19 2008, 06:29 PM)
Hi, I has been offered by Ambank recently and they offered me Rm2800. What i applied was the Amgraduate programme. I will go for medical check up next week. Any 1 know wroking environment in Ambank? I will be allocated in businees banking 1st. Any 1 work as mgt tranne in AMBank b4? Hope to hear some advice from u.
Should i accept it?
Have no idea how the mgnt trainee program in Ambank works. But in general, you go through lots of shit throughout the program.
If you qualify for the graduate program, i guess your result must be pretty good eh?

BTW, no one freaking know what kind of degree you holding. IT? Engineering? Business?

All i can say is, when I joined UOB (mortgage sales, but under the so call 'Management Trainee') and on the very first day the schedule for my training and course has already been printed for me.
When i joined AMbank (also mortgage sales) there weren't any training or course. The nearest thing to it is a so called 'on job training'. But then it doesn't matter since what i do is pretty much the same. But from what i know and heard, AMBank seems to be lacking in their staff's training.

My friend in UOB has all sort of trainings/talks/workshop every month or so .. the nearest thing i have is some lame product briefing which pretty much has nothing to do with my job.

I have no freaking idea on how to comment on your question. You said 2.8k. Any other allowances?
Allocated in Business Banking as? Doing IT there? Doing Sales? Support? What you prefer? Asking IT nerd to do sales? Or asking a IT idiot to do IT support?

You tarak kasik orang tau apa apa, mana orang boleh tolong you....
As what my boss always say, if you don't farkking help yourself, how people going to help you

QUOTE(BboyDora @ Oct 20 2008, 08:31 PM)
Is it Ambank will be accept any degree too?
Guess so, bank doesn't care if you are holding an EE degree or a Business degree .... they just wanna know that you wasted 4 years to get a degree
erica13
post Oct 22 2008, 07:36 PM

28 posts

anyone working for Ambank here. I wish to know about the working environment and can we go online from our PC, what OS are they using, LCD panels, open door policy, punctuality for staffs? etc. Thanks.

This post has been edited by erica13: Nov 4 2008, 04:17 PM
bryan829
post Nov 8 2008, 05:52 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(erica13 @ Oct 22 2008, 07:36 PM)
anyone working for Ambank here. I wish to know about the working environment and can we go online from our PC, what OS are they using, LCD panels, open door policy, punctuality for staffs? etc. Thanks.
Ya, i would like to know tht also.
Besides that, I got to know that Ambank staff need to give 3 months notice period on resignation. Is that true?
What about other benefits like increment percentage annually especially for IT deparment?
Many thanks! icon_question.gif icon_question.gif

This post has been edited by bryan829: Nov 8 2008, 05:53 PM
bryan829
post Nov 9 2008, 05:43 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

Ya, i would like to know tht also.
Besides that, I got to know that Ambank staff need to give 3 months notice period on resignation. Is that true?
What about other benefits like increment percentage annually especially for IT deparment?
Many thanks! icon_question.gif icon_question.gif
ron4
post Nov 9 2008, 09:40 PM

Regular
1,123 posts

I used to worked at AmBank HQ for IT department almost 4 years. But currently i already moved to other company. Yes u need 3 month notice period for resignation, luckily my new company can wait for 2 month.

Ambank IT staff is so so big in size, i think more than 600 all over Malaysia. Annual increment is average 6 - 7% only and bonus 3 month.
nabelon
post Nov 9 2008, 09:44 PM

Walk of Life
1,714 posts

Amgraduate offered me differently, f***. i was offered 2.5k.
oyst3rman
post Jul 7 2009, 06:18 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

How about the working environment at Ambank right now? more pros than cons? The notice period, was it still 3 months? thats bit pain
yothim
post Jul 14 2009, 11:25 PM

Getting Started
182 posts

hmm..wondering why so many ppl thinking of going into banks.....been there, tasted it and never going in ever again.

ambank it staff is big but the one who can really do things are not more than 1/4 of it.....and increment+bonus is........ahem ahem.....majority wanna ciao after seeing their increment+bonus.
oyst3rman
post Jul 20 2009, 07:30 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

Hi again..

What was the latest bonus do AmBank staff get? And Is there any contractual bonus? If there are, for how many months?
yothim
post Jul 20 2009, 03:33 PM

Getting Started
182 posts

contractual bonus is last yr but now, no more bcos ppl from anz dont allow it. now only performance bonus......heard that they are following the 'bell curve', lowest is 1 mth, normal is 2 mths n max....not sure.

for me, i should get 2 mths but i ciao without taking it which i am not planning to take it at all....haha. work like a dog n kena bullet like hell n only 2 mths.....not worth it. btw, i'm in the IT dept.
oyst3rman
post Jul 20 2009, 03:52 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(yothim @ Jul 20 2009, 03:33 PM)
contractual bonus is last yr but now, no more bcos ppl from anz dont allow it. now only performance bonus......heard that they are following the 'bell curve', lowest is 1 mth, normal is 2 mths n max....not sure.

for me, i should get 2 mths but i ciao without taking it which i am not planning to take it at all....haha. work like a dog n kena bullet like hell n only 2 mths.....not worth it. btw, i'm in the IT dept.
Thats sound scary though... dont really like this bell curve-ing thingy... they may pick which they tend to like most...
Dead4Life
post Jul 20 2009, 10:19 PM

On my way
650 posts

QUOTE(yothim @ Jul 20 2009, 03:33 PM)

yothim, what's your task there in IT dprt? Programmer or what?
yothim
post Jul 26 2009, 07:33 PM

Getting Started
182 posts

QUOTE(Dead4Life @ Jul 20 2009, 10:19 PM)
yothim, what's your task there in IT dprt? Programmer or what?
not convenient to tell la....but i'm on the infra side. programmers? i havent find any 'programmers' here.....most have the title but i'm not sure if they knew how to write a code or not. most with those titles are jus application support....while the codings are done by vendors. trust me, i see more vendors coming in than the so-called 'programmers'.
c30238
post Aug 17 2009, 10:46 PM

40 posts

QUOTE(yothim @ Jul 26 2009, 07:33 PM)
not convenient to tell la....but i'm on the infra side. programmers? i havent find any 'programmers' here.....most have the title but i'm not sure if they knew how to write a code or not. most with those titles are jus application support....while the codings are done by vendors. trust me, i see more vendors coming in than the so-called 'programmers'.
yothim, u station in which location? KL or tropicana?
yothim
post Aug 18 2009, 10:16 PM

Getting Started
182 posts

QUOTE(c30238 @ Aug 17 2009, 10:46 PM)
yothim, u station in which location? KL or tropicana?
stop la....don wan to divulge too much. wat u wanna know then ask la but don ask who i am or where i am n so on. not nice ler
jassonvolt88
post Aug 19 2009, 06:55 AM

Casual
365 posts

QUOTE(yothim @ Aug 18 2009, 10:16 PM)
stop la....don wan to divulge too much. wat u wanna know then ask la but don ask who i am or where i am n so on. not nice ler
lol thumbup.gif u r right about the vendor thing. last time i work as a vendor(csc) for the ambank n other banks. but for sure, i like the ambank it guys the most, especially those that are working at lvl 19, YKS as they are friendly and helpful. but as i can see, the working life for the ambank it staffs is quite scary..heavy loads of work and then have to see the damn staffs face especially those from the higher lvl one (kena bullet kao kao) They are always right n the IT guys are on the wrong side cry.gif . i just moved to a better company 3 mths ago and now i'm really enjoying my working life brows.gif

p/s: pass my best regards to chan, leong, khairul nizam and mr callan notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by jassonvolt88: Aug 19 2009, 06:57 AM
soulmad
post Sep 10 2009, 11:10 AM

Enthusiast
942 posts

anyone work in ambank bangunan at sultan ismail?
how is Their IT depart over there now??
yothim
post Sep 11 2009, 10:08 PM

Getting Started
182 posts

wat u wanna know?

This post has been edited by yothim: Sep 11 2009, 10:09 PM
mrtuang
post Sep 17 2009, 09:46 AM

9 posts

amwins rules thumbup.gif

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top