Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages « < 9 10 11 12 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Cisco Cert, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CCSP, ..etc, [FREE Download] Great Stuff for CCNA

views

SUSHybz
post Jun 11 2008, 07:57 AM

Enthusiast
846 posts

After 3 years, can jump to CCNP then your CCNA will be still valid ?
ben_ang
post Jun 11 2008, 09:27 AM

ITS JINX NOW.POWDER FELL DOWN A WELL
2,004 posts

i wonder wat does it mean by valid 4 3yrs? u mean after 3yrs d cert is totally rubbish n u need 2 take a new 1? hmm.. tat doesnt sound gud..
clngu
post Jun 11 2008, 09:49 AM

. . . . . . . . .
2,220 posts

it is like renewing your license (in this case is IT). for those who hold Cisco license card and working in networking field, should know the value (why need to recertify yourself) of it.

for me, am just retake CCIE written exam every 3 years to renew my CCNA, CCDA, CCNP and CCDP.
-pWs-
post Jun 11 2008, 09:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
8,545 posts

@clngu
Are you CCIE holder??

-pWs-
clngu
post Jun 11 2008, 01:33 PM

. . . . . . . . .
2,220 posts

@-pWs-
nope. am not that good to be CCIE holder.
urbansaint
post Jun 11 2008, 09:29 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

cIngu, renew means have to resit for the whole exam again or how does it actually means?

clngu
post Jun 12 2008, 01:05 PM

. . . . . . . . .
2,220 posts

@urbansaint
nope. just sit for any 642-xxx exam (1 paper enough) at professional level (meaning same at CCNP level) or CCIE written exam.
ben_ang
post Jun 12 2008, 04:01 PM

ITS JINX NOW.POWDER FELL DOWN A WELL
2,004 posts

which mean every 3 yrs we need 2 retake a 642-xxx exam in order 2 maintain d certification?
TSXing Fang
post Jun 29 2008, 02:12 PM

Casual
379 posts

3 years? Y so long? Somebody explain?
clngu
post Jun 29 2008, 04:33 PM

. . . . . . . . .
2,220 posts

the answer,

Once you get your CCNA and CCNP, you can't just rest on your accomplishment. You've got to continue to study and add to your skill set - and then prove to Cisco you've been doing just that by recertifying.

Recertification sounds like a pain, but it's actually one of the best things to ever happen to computer certification, and it helps your career as well. One trap many LAN and WAN personnel fall into is that they fail to keep up with changes in technology, and if they happen to be laid off or want to change jobs, they're unable to because they didn't keep their skill set up.

Cisco's recertification policies ensure that if you want to keep your CCNA, CCNP, or one of the other valuable Cisco certifications, you've got to take a recertification exam.

As a professional, it's your responsibility to keep up with changes in the Cisco certification world, and this includes changes in the recertification program.

Q: Is there a recertification requirement?

A: Cisco CCNP certifications are valid for three years. During that time, you must either pass the Composite exam, the BSCI and BCMSN exams, or pass any CCIE written exam.

Q: What if I don't recertify within the three-year period?

A: You must then meet whatever CCNP requirements there are at that time, from the beginning. It's easier to make sure you recertify!

Becoming CCNP certified is a great boost to your career and your confidence, and as with any Cisco certification, it's up to you to stay current with the CCNA and CCNP requirements. Visit the Career Certification section of Cisco's website regularly to learn about the program's requirements and changes. It’s not up to them to keep you notified of changes – it’s up to you!
gnoy
post Jul 8 2008, 06:17 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

I am interested in IT security, but dun have any exp. is taking CCNA will help me? because most security is related to networking.... mayb can take CCSP after obtain CCNA ?

anyone working in Security field? Any advise? thanks
Jessica
post Jul 9 2008, 06:00 PM

Getting Started
119 posts

Hello,

Does anyone know of any colleges in KL/PJ that offers classes for SUN Java trainings (for SCJA, SJCP, SCEA - all in 1) or MS .net (leads to certification - development track - all in 1) ? Thanks.
howeijie
post Jul 9 2008, 07:05 PM

On my way
530 posts

QUOTE(Jessica @ Jul 9 2008, 06:00 PM)
Hello,

Does anyone know of any colleges in KL/PJ that offers classes for SUN Java trainings (for SCJA, SJCP, SCEA - all in 1) or MS .net (leads to certification - development track - all in 1) ? Thanks.
Phileo Damansara there i think got those training center for Microsoft solution
gensylo
post Sep 6 2008, 03:07 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

i'm CCNA holder ...so..after 3years or within 3 years i should take CCNP????
TSXing Fang
post Jan 18 2009, 04:27 PM

Casual
379 posts

QUOTE(Jessica @ Jul 9 2008, 06:00 PM)
Hello,

MMU
sense75
post Jul 13 2009, 03:48 PM

Life must go on...
659 posts

QUOTE(gensylo @ Sep 6 2008, 03:07 PM)
i'm CCNA holder ...so..after 3years or within 3 years i should take CCNP????
You can take any one of CCNA concentration EXAM also can. Or you can take any 1 module from CCNP. CCSP, CCVP, CCDP etc. Not necessary to take the CCNP only.

SaltyBean
post Jun 29 2010, 12:31 PM

Casual
373 posts

hi all, i have a question bout the CCENT network simulator.
any1 here ever have use it?
should i get in online? eg. puchase via pearsonvue store.
is there other method to get the simulator? i did search the local bookstores, kinokuyina sells the CCNA simulator ard rm600.

i guess the CCENT sim shud be half of that price? the pearsonvue online store sells it $51.99, and that is affordable.
i plan to get the CCENT cert next year. I want to do self-study, decide to get cisco books and maybe a network simulator, which i think will be a great study material.

I dont know where to post my question. Mod do delete my post if not relevent.
Any 1? thank u
sense75
post Jun 29 2010, 03:59 PM

Life must go on...
659 posts

QUOTE(SaltyBean @ Jun 29 2010, 12:31 PM)
hi all, i have a question bout the CCENT network simulator.
any1 here ever have use it?
should i get in online? eg. puchase via pearsonvue store.
is there other method to get the simulator? i did search the local bookstores, kinokuyina sells the CCNA simulator ard rm600.

i guess the CCENT sim shud be half of that price? the pearsonvue online store sells it $51.99, and that is affordable.
i plan to get the CCENT cert next year. I want to do self-study, decide to get cisco books and maybe a network simulator, which i think will be a great study material.

I dont know where to post my question. Mod do delete my post if not relevent.
Any 1? thank u
Just take CCNA instead of CCENT... rarely see people pursue CCENT as CCNA already consider "basic"
StatixX
post Mar 27 2015, 11:42 AM

Getting Started
100 posts

Guyz,I am looking foward to get myself certified with cisco certs but my working time is preventing me from attending to any classes...
Is there any1 here who can advise me on how can i take them??
TMNS
post Mar 31 2015, 08:39 AM

Getting Started
163 posts

Latest Public Training :

CCNAX
RM 2900 (normal price RM4000)
22-26 April 2015 (5) @ As per request
Venue : Menara UOA Bangsar @ As per request

* HRDF Claimable (SBL)
* Register with MOF

email me for details n to register :