Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

68 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Movies The JUSTICE LEAGUE Movies Thread (2017 & 2019), Welcome to the Hall of Justice

views

TSfiredauz
post Aug 23 2008, 01:11 PM

Kopitiam Official Astronaut
876 posts

Probably not.
Its rare to see a Christian Bale movie that fails biggrin.gif
Calvin871989
post Sep 27 2008, 01:05 PM

Im Batman
1,256 posts

http://filmonic.com/justice-league-batman

Justice League Had A Batman Too

user posted image

Mortal was actually on the road to being made? Well director George Miller had the cheek to hire an actor to play Batman, who wasn’t Christian Bale. (This was before The Dark Knight was released and dominated the world, so I will let him off slightly). The actor goes by the name of Armie Hammer, and E! Online spoke to him about the (now deceased) movie.

Hammer still hopes the movie will get made, and he told E! that he and his castmates went through several months of intense physical training before production stopped:

“I would spend hours training with actual guns to prepare me for this stuff,” Hammer said. “It was very intense. Our workout regimens were so rigorous that most of us would vomit.”

He added, “We weren’t trying to get ourselves aesthetically good looking. We were trying to get ready for the demands of shooting.”

He also talked about being fitted for the Batman costume, making it sound like they were pretty far along in the preproduction on the movie:

He’s already been fitted for the superhero costume, which he says features functioning equipment, including trademark Batman weapons like spring-loaded titanium Bat-erangs. “I was looking down, and I was thinking, This is the best,” Hammer said off the first time he put on the entire ensemble. “Then I stood up, and they turned me around, and I faced a mirror—there was Batman. But then it hit me like a ton of bricks—it’s not just Batman, it’s me!”

After the success of The Dark Knight I don’t think I could accept anyone else playing Bruce Wayne within the next decade. Thankfully, the Justice League movie won’t be happening anytime soon so we don’t have anything to worry about.

I wonder if Armie saw The Dark Knight?

TSfiredauz
post Sep 27 2008, 01:23 PM

876 posts

Every single person on the planet is cursing the fact that Bale is NOT Batman where he SHOULD be Batman vmad.gif

For example, take this news: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=49161

Talking to Justice League Mortal's Batman

Even though right now, Warner Bros' planned Justice League Mortal still seems to be shelved or at least backburnered for an indefinite amount of time, E! Online had a chance to talk with Armie Hammer on the set of the CW's "Reaper" about what he went through as George Miller's choice to play Bruce Wayne and the Caped Crusader in the planned superhero ensemble movie.

The great grand-son of oil tycoon Armand Hammer told E! that while he doesn't want to start a battle of the Batmans with Christian Bale ("That guy's got his s--t down"), but he did claim that his "codpiece is bigger." (You don't have to read comic books to know them's fighting words, Armie!)

Hammer still hopes the movie will get made, and he told E! that he and his castmates went through several months of intense physical training before production stopped:

"I would spend hours training with actual guns to prepare me for this stuff," Hammer said. "It was very intense. Our workout regimens were so rigorous that most of us would vomit."

He added, "We weren't trying to get ourselves aesthetically good looking. We were trying to get ready for the demands of shooting."

And wanna see the comments to that news?
(its below the news article)

Training with guns

"Guns"? Batman? Wha—?

shame!!!

Sounds crap

im lost, batman-guns?

WTF? Batman and guns? And you wonder why WB shelved the JLA? Every bit of news that came out from the pre-production of this movie was bad, from the stupid castings, the hiring od George Miller as director, the plot of the movie, to even the financing and location. This was a disaster movie waiting to happen.

And dont forget about that stupid movie title Justice League Mortal. WB/DC struck oil with current Batman franchise, you put Batman aside and what else WB/DC has?.....Exactly.

Marvel is just in a league of its own.

why why why are these people so dumb as to make this movie.

And many more... tongue.gif
lamely_named
post Sep 27 2008, 03:12 PM

I got younger. ROLLZ.
1,931 posts

I prefer justice lords.

where the justice league heroes rule the world with an iron fist.

global crime rate = zero

global conflict = zero.

Famine and poverty = zero.

Disease and illnesses = zero.

Freedom of will = Zero.

Freedom of will is overrated, a small price to pay for eternal peace on earth.

Calvin871989
post Dec 2 2008, 03:14 AM

Im Batman
1,256 posts

http://www.joblo.com/miller-out-of-league

Miller out of League

user posted image

Dark Horizons is reporting that director George Miller (HAPPY FEET) is off of the JUSTICE LEAGUE movie. According to them, he revealed the news on an Australian talk-show, commenting that if the project does get going again it will be recast, as "the studios seem to want bigger stars in their superhero movies now." Miller also admitted that he wrote another MAD MAX script, which Mel Gibson turned down. Still, he hasn't given up on that one quite yet.

Well it's not often that I can report on what is ostensibly good news for the JUSTICE LEAGUE movie. I say 'ostensibly' because look, I've been reporting on this film for a while and let's face it, with Nolan doing his thing there is no light at the end of this tunnel. Until a respected filmmaker signs on, know that somewhere some studio exec is probably thinking it's about time Uwe Boll got a chance with some real quality subject material.

Extra Tidbit: An article from the NY Times about the JUSTICE LEAGUE, wherein I am quoted!

quithrilius
post Jan 13 2009, 03:16 PM

Getting Started
110 posts

if the movie ever ever gets picked up ... CAST ZATANNA .. all i will say!
Calvin871989
post Feb 28 2010, 06:01 PM

Im Batman
1,256 posts

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=31038

Nolan does Superman... and Justice League?

user posted image

There's been a flurry of (rumored) activity with Warner Bros. trying to stuff their stable of famous DC Comics characters into the development pipe.

There was a report of David Goyer overseeing the new scripts for SUPERMAN and BATMAN along with Jonah Nolan, while his bro Christopher Nolan "godfathers" the project(s). IESB claims Chris is maneuvering to get Jonah into the director chair for the MAN OF STEEL, making his feature debut on a big-budget movie starring perhaps the most recognizable superhero in the world.

Wait -- why would the studio be willing to do such a thing? Well... the story is that not only is Chris Nolan preparing the (potential) third BATMAN, but he's also reportedly getting things lined up to gather the costumed icons for a JUSTICE LEAGUE movie.

While seemingly far-fetched on the surface, keep in mind that Nolan was behind one of history's biggest moneymakers. But does he really have that much clout? And is that necessarily a good thing, turning the DC Universe into a Nolanverse of brooding superheroes? Or will it simply sputter like past attempts to collect DC's brave and bold on the big screen?

Stay tuned, true believers! Or whatever DC's catchphrase is!

Extra Tidbit: I think I'll stick with the JL animated adventures for now.

TSfiredauz
post Feb 28 2010, 08:45 PM

876 posts

FFFFFUUUUUU

THIS MUST BE THE MOST AWESOME NEWS EVER TO HIT DC & WB DESK! notworthy.gif
azxel
post Mar 1 2010, 03:56 PM

moological mooster
Group Icon
VIP
3,421 posts

JL animated series will be hard to beat... just watched JLA: Crisis on 2 Earth and Final Frontier over the weekend... sweet!
beatlesalbum
post Mar 4 2010, 02:46 AM

Regular
1,711 posts

in 2 earths owlman owned batman... sad but non-canon

This post has been edited by beatlesalbum: Mar 4 2010, 02:46 AM
azxel
post Mar 4 2010, 03:32 PM

moological mooster
Group Icon
VIP
3,421 posts

ops.. think it was "infinite earth" not '2 earth'.. my bad.. lol... owl man kinda reminded me of Watchmen...
beatlesalbum
post Mar 4 2010, 06:33 PM

Regular
1,711 posts

yes indeed, there is an owlman in watchman too. Hes called Nite Owl but it aint the same guy though

This post has been edited by beatlesalbum: Mar 4 2010, 06:35 PM
TSfiredauz
post Jun 16 2010, 09:55 PM

876 posts

Lets see what we have so far: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_Leagu...ther_media#Film
user posted image

Justice League: Mortal

In February 2007, Warner Bros. hired Kieran and Michele Mulroney to write a script for Justice League,[1] which they handed in that June to positive feedback from the studio.[2] George Miller signed to direct in September 2007, while the studio hoped filming would start before the 2007–2008 Writers Guild of America strike. In addition, the studio was considering filming Justice League completely in motion capture, similar to Beowulf.[3] Barrie M. Osborne was to produce,[4] with a $220 million budget.[5]

Filming was supposed to start in February 2008,[6] in Australia, where post-production would also be conducted.[7] Some shooting was to take place at Sydney Heads, while local colleges were scouted.[4] Yet in January 2008, Warner Bros. announced the film was on indefinite hold, allowing an options lapse for the cast. The studio felt the script needed perfecting, which was impossible because of the writer's strike.[8] As soon as the strike ended, Warners wanted to start filming in mid-April 2008.[9] In February 2008 it was announced that production would go to Canada, despite Miller's wishes to keep production at Fox Studios Australia.[5] The Mulroneys are currently rewriting the script.[9]

Marit Allen was originally hired as costume designer, but she died in November 2007.[10] Weta Workshop took over costume design, a decision which opens the possibility of their sister company, Weta Digital, doing the visual effects.[11]

While a cast for the film was never officially declared, various news brokers were able to confirm a number of Miller's casting choices, for which he chose predominantly younger actors who he had hoped would "grow into their roles" over the course of a film trilogy.[12] The decision to cast lesser-known actors has received negative feedback from comic book fans on the internet.[9] Brody, Common, Gale, and Hammer will have to physically train for their roles.[13] In October 2007, roughly 40 actors and actresses auditioned for the League, among them Joseph Cross, Michael Angarano, Max Thieriot, Minka Kelly, Adrianne Palicki, and Scott Porter.[12]

Concerning the eponymous Justice League, Adam Brody had been cast as Barry Allen / The Flash,[14] - with D. J. Cotrona as Superman,[9] rapper Common as John Stewart / Green Lantern,[15] Australian supermodel Megan Gale as Diana Prince / Wonder Woman,[14] and Armie Hammer cast as Batman.[9] A number of different actors were fleetingly associated with the project; Jessica Biel had turned down the role of Wonder Woman,[16] while Mary Elizabeth Winstead auditioned. Teresa Palmer and Shannyn Sossamon were also interested, while Christina Milian, a comic book fan, offered her services for the role.[17][18] Columbus Short turned down the role of Green Lantern, which rapper T.I. was also rumored for.[19]

From February 2007 until April 2008, the much maligned project was subject to rumors before eventually being put on an indefinite hiatus; in a recent interview, producer Joel Silver stated that Justice League "has been tabled."[20] In August 2008 director George Miller was quoted saying "the flick's production, initially planned for Oz, has been moved offshore, with a plan to resume filming next year."[21]

Justice League

However, on August 22, The Wall Street Journal reported that Warner's new plan is to release four individual solo movies within the next three years before doing a multiple character movie, much like rival Marvel is reportedly doing with their Avengers film. While Warner Bros. Pictures Group President Jeff Robinov confirmed that one of those films will be a Superman reboot, it is likely that among the other three, there will be a sequel to the successful Batman movie The Dark Knight as well as two movies introducing fresh DC Comics characters to the big screen.[22] It has since been confirmed that one of the other two movies will be about Green Lantern.[citation needed]

In December 2008, there were rumors that director Miller was off the project. They were dispelled by a representative of the filmmaker, however, describing the movie's status as "being seriously worked on."[23]

IESB reports that Christopher Nolan is quickly becoming the DC and Warner Bros. go-to guy for looking out for their major A-list titles, as The Dark Knight director may soon find himself in the director's chair for a JLA movie, after he finishes work on Batman 3.[24]

At the Wonder Con, they hinted that 2011 will have Green Lantern, 2012 will have a third Batman and Superman reboot titled The Man of Steel. 2013 a Flash movie titled "The Flash" and possibly a Wonder Woman movie all leading to a Justice League movie set in the same universe much like Marvel Studios' Universe. It would potentially feature Christian Bale and Ryan Reynolds reprising their roles as Batman and Hal Jordan, respectively.

Later that year IESB reported that DC will build their characters in their own worlds, slowly but surely intertwining them with each new film likely starting with the upcoming Green Lantern until a Justice League film. They also said Batman would naturally be the first superhero to appear, and the early continuity is looking like this: Batman Begins is being specifically referred to as "Action Comics #1." Translation: Nolan's Batman is the first (and only) superhero around. and The Dark Knight is being referred as "Action Comics #2." Green lantern would be "Action Comics #3" followed by Batman 3, The Man of Steel, The Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and then a Justice League movie.

This contradicts statements from Nolan himself who wishes to keep the Superman and Batman universes individual, "Marvel are doing what they are doing and people will either respond to that really well or they won't. Its not something I ever applied a blanket rule to, but Marvel characters are very different to DC characters....You've got to go back to that element of 'What do I see when I close my eyes and think of Batman/Superman?' And for me a big part of that is their individuality. They are extraordinary beings in an ordinary world....they are two very different characters but theres an elemental feeling of power in the iconography of those characters. To me thats originally because they stood alone, I need to hang onto that in my imagining of them". [25] [26]

Calvin871989
post Jul 29 2010, 12:12 AM

Im Batman
1,256 posts

DC Universe Online Trailer

user posted image

At Comic-Con, Sony Online Entertainment released a six minute cinematic trailer for the upcoming DC Universe Online. This might be the closest look at what a Justice League of America movie could look like, at least for a very long while.

ah yes thank god finally some DC stuff! wub.gif

holy! Superman looks god damn pissed off! icon_question.gif

This post has been edited by Calvin871989: Jul 29 2010, 12:31 AM
Kyoyagami
post Jul 29 2010, 12:35 AM

KyoYagami-myed
Group Icon
Elite
1,838 posts

The game definitely looks promising as hell. 6 minutes of that was really wonderful. I feel good....

Still, Hal Jordan, DIED???
spartacvs
post Jul 29 2010, 03:18 PM

I thought my jokes were bad!
1,281 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Indeed! He looks darn cool when he looks pissed off.
luckykid5
post Jul 29 2010, 10:10 PM

Getting Started
217 posts

sigh..and i thought it's a movie...it's onli an online gaming huh
hairyLGS
post Jul 30 2010, 09:33 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

No official news yet. I guess they are waiting till Avengers comes out and they will plan a Justice League of America once they see the outcome. Who knows... Christopher Nolan direct? laugh.gif
hairyLGS
post Sep 23 2010, 08:39 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

Source:- http://www.beyondhollywood.com/whats-up-wi...breath-kiddies/

What’s up with that Justice League Movie? Don’t Hold Your Breath, Kiddies…

Or at least, if you listen to what DC Entertainment President Diane Nelson (left) just told the boys and girls over at IGN. In short, DC has no plans to follow the Marvel method of interconnecting their superhero movies into one universe, and seems to be very satisfied with simply having multiple, non-connected franchises like Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, and possibly The Flash if the Scarlet Speedster ever manages to get made.

Here’s what Nelson said in regards to what Marvel’s doing with “The Avengers”, and by default, what DC is (or isn’t) doing with their since-canceled “Justice League of America” movie:

People make an assumption that we’re going to mirror Marvel’s strategy, for example with Avengers. We do have a very different attitude about how you build a content slate. And it isn’t necessarily about connecting those properties together to build into a single thing. We think we’ve got great stories and characters that will lend themselves to great standalone experiences, and that’s the way we’re focusing on it.

No real parsing there, she comes right out and says that DC has no plans to connect their franchises ala Marvel.

Nelson goes on:

You know, it’s funny… I really enjoy the healthy competition that exists but also the competition that people assume and, to some extent, project onto us. There is a healthy competition as there would be in any business. But we do not spend our days thinking about what Marvel is doing. Listen, I’ve said before, the success of Marvel, or any publisher, is good for us, and ours for them. We want to support the retail business together and there are a lot of things we can do together. But there is not a single thing we’ve done that has been reactive to Marvel from the creation of DC Entertainment to today. People can speculate, but they are wrong.

You have to wonder, though, how much she’ll change her tune if (or is that when?) Marvel’s “Avengers” destroys the box office in 2012. Maybe then we’ll see movement on a “Justice League of America” movie…

TSfiredauz
post Sep 23 2010, 08:54 AM

876 posts

Arrogant, DC is.

The article writer got it right on the last sentence, definitely.

68 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0249sec    0.52    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:00 PM