Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> (HELP)Teenant don wanna pay rental!, What suppose to do???

views

Darkmage12
post Apr 25 2008, 05:02 PM

shhhhhhhhh come i tell you something hehe
All Stars
17,053 posts

QUOTE(zacevox @ Apr 24 2008, 03:51 AM)
lock the shoplot at night. then inform him at morning. don't pay no entry. he break the lock report police.
i'm afraid the police might come after you first
terrysoh
post Apr 27 2008, 11:59 AM

Regular
1,145 posts

I guess the best solution is talk it out with him...
adamw
post May 2 2008, 12:51 PM

Back to serve justice to those PKHKC corrupted Ex-ministers!
3,252 posts

QUOTE(geno @ Apr 21 2008, 03:08 PM)
depends how your TA is drafted. Usually my TA mentions the tenant will pay for the legal fees if they have a default on their part.

To take action against them make sure u have sent them at least 3 notifications (with the Tenants  acknowledge receipt) on their delay in paying rental. After 3 official letters sent, u can goto any legal firm and proceed to ask them send a Letter of demand(LOD).
Do you happen to have a draft of this notification letter so that I can write to my non-paying tenant? TIA
sweetcat
post May 7 2008, 01:05 PM

Getting Started
185 posts

what if i only receive sms from the owner regarding late payment as the matter of fact i just late for a day from the date which stated...

could the owner sue me from making his payment to the bank late?

that is what he said why he wanna sue me lar... rclxub.gif

This post has been edited by sweetcat: May 7 2008, 01:07 PM
vin_ann
post May 7 2008, 01:47 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,912 posts

my past experience with my tenant (im the main tenant which sub let to others) he owe me 2 months rental, every time ask, he said no money, salary not yet paid and bla bla

got 1 times, his father even called me and say sorry about the delay. this guy indian have caused me stuck in the cash flow.

now, if any of my tenant late pay me by 15th day, i will ask him to move out, by giving him 1 month notice. story end.

no need to chasing.
waeguk
post May 11 2008, 10:13 AM

On my way
633 posts

Reminds me of movie PACIFIC HEIGHTS.... nightmare tenant, landlord cant do anything
Darkmage12
post May 11 2008, 11:03 PM

shhhhhhhhh come i tell you something hehe
All Stars
17,053 posts

if a tenant decides to let the owner forfeit the deposit and goes off the landlord can take legal action?
wideawake
post Oct 29 2008, 08:03 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

I have this situation.

I am the landlord. My tenant has not paid me for 3 months. The deposit he gave me initially was 2 months.

We don't have a tenancy agreement (stupid agent never came back with the TA). He has been occupying my apartment for more than a year, and every month I have to chase him for payment.

He doesn't live there he said. Only go there for rest some times as it is near his workplace and his house is too far. That is what he claims.

I already gave him notice verbally and via SMS. The time of notice is now up.

I'm planning to break into the apartment remove his stuff (probably put it in a box and keep it in the apartment first), and put the apartment up for rent again.

Does my plan sound good?
mych
post Oct 29 2008, 09:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,068 posts

No agreement signed, he can't do anything..
Pai
post Oct 29 2008, 11:08 PM

~ Billionaire in training ~
3,318 posts

Actually, since there were no agreement signed, tenant cant do anything if wideawake tries to throw his stuff away and look for a tenant.

SUSgogo2
post Jan 7 2009, 12:31 AM

gogo2
All Stars
18,672 posts

Good advice.

So for residential:
"(i) Tenant failed to pay 4 month's rental. Tenant gave excuses after excuses. Gave tenant notice of eviction. Got tenant to sign and acknowledged by Declarer of Oath.
(ii) Eviction period due, tenant failed to evict. Lodged police report about 'illegal occupation of vacant residence', i.e. tresspassing. Police gave go-ahead to break locks and remove items not belonging to said vacant property."

May I know what if there's no tenancy agreement between two parties?
toby.c13
post Jan 7 2009, 12:39 AM

Please enter custom member title
1,580 posts

QUOTE(gogo2 @ Jan 7 2009, 12:31 AM)
Good advice.

So for residential:
"(i) Tenant failed to pay 4 month's rental. Tenant gave excuses after excuses. Gave tenant notice of eviction. Got tenant to sign and acknowledged by Declarer of Oath.
(ii) Eviction period due, tenant failed to evict. Lodged police report about 'illegal occupation of vacant residence', i.e. tresspassing. Police gave go-ahead to break locks and remove items not belonging to said vacant property."

May I know what if there's no tenancy agreement between two parties?
if there is no tenancy agreement between both parties..
very easy, two ways.

a. kick him out n stay there with his properties. what can he do?
no evidence to prove that he is renting the place..

b. call police n say illegal squatters.
the same.. no evidence stating that he renting the place..

brows.gif
SUSgogo2
post Jan 7 2009, 12:49 AM

gogo2
All Stars
18,672 posts

QUOTE(toby.c13 @ Jan 7 2009, 12:39 AM)
if there is no tenancy agreement between both parties..
very easy, two ways.

a. kick him out n stay there with his properties. what can he do?
no evidence to prove that he is renting the place..

b. call police n say illegal squatters.
the same.. no evidence stating that he renting the place..

brows.gif
but I think we did give me receipt when he pay rent. Does that constitute evidence
that he renting the place? But that is very long time ago. Nowaday, he just bank
in the money. But he got the payment receipt to my bank account.

So can I just go and take over the property? Will I get sued?

Added on January 7, 2009, 12:53 amI read this online from US law:

"When you don't have a written lease and have been paying rent monthly, most states will declare that you have a month-to-month rental agreement. A landlord can terminate a month-to-month rental on 20-30 days notice. However, each state has different laws regarding what type of notice is necessary: usually it has to be written notice delivered to the tenant. Then the landlord has to wait 30 days until you are illegally holding over before she can start eviction proceedings. The landlord can't lock the house until a court grants her a writ of restitution and the sheriff evicts you. Even then, she can't keep your stuff unless you owe her money. If she tries, you get to sue her for conversion/theft."

This post has been edited by gogo2: Jan 7 2009, 12:53 AM
toby.c13
post Jan 7 2009, 12:59 PM

Please enter custom member title
1,580 posts

QUOTE(gogo2 @ Jan 7 2009, 12:49 AM)
but I think we did give me receipt when he pay rent. Does that constitute evidence
that he renting the place? But that is very long time ago. Nowaday, he just bank
in the money. But he got the payment receipt to my bank account.

So can I just go and take over the property? Will I get sued?

Added on January 7, 2009, 12:53 amI read this online from US law:

"When you don't have a written lease and have been paying rent monthly, most states will declare that you have a month-to-month rental agreement. A landlord can terminate a month-to-month rental on 20-30 days notice. However, each state has different laws regarding what type of notice is necessary: usually it has to be written notice delivered to the tenant. Then the landlord has to wait 30 days until you are illegally holding over before she can start eviction proceedings. The landlord can't lock the house until a court grants her a writ of restitution and the sheriff evicts you. Even then, she can't keep your stuff unless you owe her money. If she tries, you get to sue her for conversion/theft."
well i guess it could depend on what is written on the receipts.
details and such are important.
if it is just written "rental Dec 08", it could be assume to be rental of other places too instead of ur premises.

u do know the US law and Malaysia law are different.. tongue.gif
we r following UK.. tongue.gif
ken6828
post Mar 17 2009, 01:58 PM

Getting Started
241 posts

Nowaday difficult to get good tenants......
Eng_Tat
post Mar 19 2009, 03:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,199 posts

sorry, any one can pm me a ta draft? thanks
propcritic
post Mar 19 2009, 03:53 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

3 options (in order of effectiveness):-

1) Hire Gangster;
2) Hire Police;
3) Engage a lawyer.
babana
post Mar 19 2009, 04:08 PM

too old; do not want
986 posts

QUOTE(propcritic @ Mar 19 2009, 03:53 PM)
3 options (in order of effectiveness):-

1) Hire Gangster;
2) Hire Police;
3) Engage a lawyer.
LOL, noticed prop kor saying 'hire' police instead of reporting to police...hahaha rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by babana: Mar 19 2009, 04:09 PM
FirezZ
post Mar 20 2009, 10:28 AM

Naise kukUpi
1,988 posts

hire police hmm .. my case.. that guy is a soldier / police himself tim ...
damn bad luck hutang me 6 months jor.. wuwuuw
dragonteoh
post Apr 17 2009, 09:57 PM

Enthusiast
710 posts

QUOTE(FirezZ @ Mar 20 2009, 10:28 AM)
hire police hmm .. my case.. that guy is a soldier / police himself tim ...
damn bad luck  hutang me 6 months jor.. wuwuuw
wELL FirezZ , me more worst... hutang 7 bulan (after deduct 2 month deposit)
beside that, TNB , Syabas hutang almost RM750++ and also spoil my kitchen, door & sinky... vmad.gif vmad.gif vmad.gif vmad.gif vmad.gif vmad.gif

Each time go there, esok esok, minggu depan minggu depan, confirm ada, jangan takut, belum balik dari kerja, gaji belum keluar, masuk hospital, sikit saja mah... bla bla bla.....

And this Indian tenant very tricky, at first he know you wanna kick him out, he say next month pay 2 month, when come to next month he pay only one month...then another month no money pay , say another month pay 2 month...then hutang hutang now become 7 month....

For those who are renting out and facing same problem as me, better dun lembut hati especially those are very bad record on pay rent... rugi is yourself only... I am one of the sample...haiz...... vmad.gif vmad.gif vmad.gif vmad.gif

Now i have no choice to lock the door, report police saying that he din pay rent and bill. And have to be kejam sikit or else i kena buli and bare the cost of his sh...!

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0266sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:04 PM