Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

::: Art Attack ::: V2

views

Keiichi
post Oct 4 2008, 08:22 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

Just for the heck of it. Pencils for painting.

user posted image

Keiichi
post Sep 10 2009, 03:31 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

user posted image

snake does not like people talking about his mullet.
Keiichi
post Sep 17 2009, 05:39 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

user posted image

i'll just put it here...
Keiichi
post Sep 18 2009, 04:27 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

try reloading it, i can see it just fine.
Keiichi
post Dec 15 2009, 01:48 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

user posted image

Works for ComicFiesta 100 days countdown.
Keiichi
post Mar 2 2011, 08:56 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

Old work is old. But its nice, nonetheless. Appeared in Gempak for ComicFiesta Promo, or something.

user posted image
Keiichi
post Mar 2 2011, 09:11 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

all i did is do an inkwash or watercolor on a different piece of paper, scan it and transfer. Adjust the opacity to your liking and set it to Multiply or Screen.

This post has been edited by Keiichi: Mar 3 2011, 02:42 AM
Keiichi
post Jul 28 2011, 10:41 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

user posted image

Just one of those random sketches

user posted image

Old image is old, but oh well.

This post has been edited by Keiichi: Jul 28 2011, 10:57 AM
Keiichi
post Aug 23 2011, 10:42 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

Nice stuff.

However, there's something that you should keep in mind.

- She's apparently on a higher ground compared to the river. Is that intentional? If it does, then you might want to consider adding a path or a pile of rocks to help the viewer to imagine how she gets there.

- Its unclear on what the bag leans on. Rocks, trees?

- The closer the it is to the camera, the more the colors get saturated. It goes otherwise on things far to the horizon.

- The horizon line is wrong, you might want to bring the horizon line on the same level as her eyes. Its evident since we can see the upper part of her thighs and shoulders. If you do, then you might want to extend the background a little bit more.

- You might want to get a custom brush for the leaves, since doing it one by one can be a pain in the arse. If you're willing to do so, then by all means.

That's my two cents. I'll comment more when its done. Oh by the way, you might want to add a brighter lightsource. Remember, sunlight is yellow, not white. smile.gif
Keiichi
post Aug 23 2011, 11:36 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

Here's the way i would put it. I wont break my brains trying to figure out where to put the rocks as part of the background, but i put alot of trees instead. haha. I use a normal dot point and set them really close together and dab them around with various green and yellow tones.

The red lines are the horizon line and vanishing lines too. I follow the vanishing points from the computer, and you did that spot on.

As i looked (and worked on it) i noticed that you have a double highlight on the character. Just so you know. And, i played around with some suitable shading tone for your character, and i tweaked to add some reds and purples in there, so that it would not look so bland. Oh, i added blues to the shadows as well.

Please pay attention to the water. Anything under the water becomes very saturated and remember, its not blue. The blue color comes from the sky, the water itself is transparent.

I had a little good fun tweaking your work. Keep it up!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Keiichi
post Aug 24 2011, 03:43 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

Inachi > i dont want to play too much with it since it is her work. Gotta respect that. I just show what's need to be done, or some of it. I could go balls-out for it, but its not fair for her, no?
Keiichi
post Aug 24 2011, 05:42 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

well, that's an idea. How about you modify that dome into something like a ruin thats been covered by trees and undergrowth? That would be cool. Since you already have a robot (tech advance confirmed) you would probably add space ship or some sort. Make it look interesting.
Keiichi
post Aug 25 2011, 03:13 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

heheh.

Drawing mechs? I'm in. When's the deadline?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0369sec    0.19    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:44 PM