cherroy
post Jan 15 2008, 03:05 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(wenjie86 @ Jan 15 2008, 12:57 PM)
hi guyz, am new here
wanna ask ya, i got CDS account but dont have trading acc.. so, still can buy stock?
Not possible, you need a trading account for the transaction.

QUOTE(smartly @ Jan 15 2008, 02:23 PM)
Strange ??? why no trading account, when you sign up an CDS account with a broker it should come with it. If no trading account of course cannot trade, i presume....
Possible as one can always only open only CDS to keep their shares if they don't intend to trade eg. you don't have any CDS when applied IPO for shares, you open an CDS for this purpose but don't need trading account to apply for IPO.
There is no rules that one must open a trading account when open a CDS account, although it doesn't make sense not to have one (trading account) but one can always only open CDS to keep their shares only, and want to trade open the trading account later.

QUOTE(TopGunn @ Jan 15 2008, 02:28 PM)
Give a call to your remiser, he/she will cleared your doubts.
He/she got no trading account, then means he/she doesn't have a remiser serving for him/her.

This post has been edited by cherroy: Jan 15 2008, 03:06 PM
TopGunn
post Jan 15 2008, 03:44 PM

Getting Started
134 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Jan 15 2008, 03:05 PM)
Possible as one can always only open only CDS to keep their shares if they don't intend to trade eg. you don't have any CDS when applied IPO for shares, you open an CDS for this purpose but don't need trading account to apply for IPO.
There is no rules that one must open a trading account when open a CDS account, although it doesn't make sense not to have one (trading account) but one can always only open CDS to keep their shares only, and want to trade open the trading account later.
He/she got no trading account, then means he/she doesn't have a remiser serving for him/her.
i'd the similar case...i think this is quite no. of yrs back..ya, a got cds acc just solely for my esos..i never buy any share from market, that is only to trade selling after share being exercise...i do not have trading acc.. until i checked with my remiser (Guy who open cds for me....) , he gave me trading acc no. and ask me to bank in some money b4 i can buy any share from market.

klsestockreview
post Jan 15 2008, 06:27 PM

33 posts

Well put Cherroy! Very clear explaination about CDS and Trading accounts. Actually their names also explain their function. Central Depository System is where your shares are credited/deposited once you make a purchase of an IPO or on the open market. A trading account is simply an account you use to make trades.
wenjie86
post Jan 15 2008, 07:08 PM

Casual
472 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Jan 15 2008, 04:05 PM)
am not sure.. before this i use my CDS account to buy IPO and sell IPO...

i open CDS when i was 18 years old.. about 4 years ago, that time dont have job, still a student, so, only can open CDS

smartly
post Jan 16 2008, 01:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,148 posts

QUOTE(wenjie86 @ Jan 15 2008, 07:08 PM)
am not sure.. before this i use my CDS account to buy IPO and sell IPO...

i open CDS when i was 18 years old.. about 4 years ago, that time dont have job, still a student, so, only can open CDS
In that case, you should now able to contact the broker to open an online trading account or with remisier assisted. Preferably online, coz, it cheaper trading online...
Clan204
post Jan 16 2008, 01:23 PM

Getting Started
234 posts

hi there im just noob at this all but really need to know how to invest the safest way smile.gif lets say i have money but as a noob i still dont know anything, so is it safe for me to "tumpang" someone else let say any one of lyn member who invest. is there anyone here to do so such service as i mention smile.gif

This post has been edited by Clan204: Jan 16 2008, 01:25 PM
panasonic88
post Jan 16 2008, 02:04 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
VIP
37,028 posts

QUOTE(Clan204 @ Jan 16 2008, 01:23 PM)
hi there im just noob at this all but really need to know how to invest the safest way smile.gif lets say i have money but as a noob i still dont know anything, so is it safe for me to "tumpang" someone else let say any one of lyn member who invest. is there anyone here to do so such service as i mention smile.gif
dont depend on ppl, it is your own money
enjoy the learning process as you go along
cherroy
post Jan 16 2008, 05:31 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(panasonic88 @ Jan 16 2008, 02:04 PM)
dont depend on ppl, it is your own money
enjoy the learning process as you go along
Yup, it is your hard-earned money, so decide on your own.

If 'follow' people, then people go to 'Holland', you also go to 'Holland'. The worst part other people may know why they go to 'Holland' but you follow people to 'Holland' also don't know.

aretla
post Jan 16 2008, 09:40 PM

o\n_n/o
713 posts

i think my situation is juz opposite..
i got a HLEbroking account.. this should be a trading account rite.. but i never open any CDS account b4.. so where to do tat?

i never do any trading before..
so can i juz start buy online through the hlebroking website without open a CDS account??

This post has been edited by aretla: Jan 16 2008, 09:52 PM
smartly
post Jan 16 2008, 10:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,148 posts

QUOTE(aretla @ Jan 16 2008, 09:40 PM)
i think my situation is juz opposite..
i got a HLEbroking account.. this should be a trading account rite.. but i never open any CDS account b4.. so where to do tat?

i never do any trading before..
so can i juz start buy online through the hlebroking website without open a CDS account??
oic, in that case, you should be able to trade right away, because when u open HLeBroking you are under their nominee account. Meaning you will have a CDS account under their company nominee account. Just logon to www.hlebroking.com.my to get access to their online trading and immediately u can buy and sell when u bank in money to your HLeBroking trading account (trust account). Any queries just give them a call.

This post has been edited by smartly: Jan 16 2008, 10:17 PM
aretla
post Jan 16 2008, 10:17 PM

o\n_n/o
713 posts

QUOTE(smartly @ Jan 16 2008, 10:11 PM)
oic, in that case, you should be able to trade right away, because when u open HLeBroking you are under their nominee account. Meaning you will have a CDS account under their company as nominee. Just logon to www.hlebroking.com.my to get access to their online trading and immediately u can buy and sell when u bank in money to your trading account (trust account). Any queries just give a call to them.
thanks for info~
but i need to bank in money before i make a "buy" online?
i thought there is 3 days buffer time to bank in money after i buy the shares?

smartly
post Jan 16 2008, 10:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,148 posts

QUOTE(aretla @ Jan 16 2008, 10:17 PM)
thanks for info~
but i need to bank in money before i make a "buy" online?
i thought there is 3 days buffer time to bank in money after i buy the shares?
If is new account, your trading account is 0 balance, you do not have any margin to trade, thus, need to bank in money first. They will give you trade upto 3 times of your account balance. Once you hold stock in your trading/trust accout there is a cap value for each stock, those cap value eventually become your trading margin/ collectoral, you can then buy with T+3 after that.

This post has been edited by smartly: Jan 16 2008, 10:24 PM
tweakity
post Mar 16 2008, 10:01 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

Hi guys. this might be a little out of topic, but i hope someone can help

-the senario-
let's say i buy a share at RM1.00... then after it has reached RM1.10 i decided to sell... using online trading service, key in sell at RM1.10. then transaction confirmed...then queued up....then Q up 10 mins already still got sold yet, price dropped to RM1.05. not sure if my order will be sold at RM1.05? or will keep waiting until price go up to RM1.10 again.
-the senario-

i read from some post in another thread that m'sian online trading services (HLe, that guy using) don't allow you to cut loss, because once you set selling price, the shares will be sold off instantly. Can i use this method? by selling at RM1.00, then any price at or more than RM1.00 will be sold?
if not, will have to chase after selling price and lose the best selling price.

hope someone familiar with HLe can help.
cherroy
post Mar 16 2008, 10:26 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(tweakity @ Mar 16 2008, 10:01 PM)
Hi guys. this might be a little out of topic, but i hope someone can help

-the senario-
let's say i buy a share at RM1.00... then after it has reached RM1.10 i decided to sell... using online trading service, key in sell at RM1.10. then transaction confirmed...then queued up....then Q up 10 mins already still got sold yet, price dropped to RM1.05. not sure if my order will be sold at RM1.05? or will keep waiting until price go up to RM1.10 again.
-the senario-

i read from some post in another thread that m'sian online trading services (HLe, that guy using) don't allow you to cut loss, because once you set selling price, the shares will be sold off instantly. Can i use this method? by selling at RM1.00, then any price at or more than RM1.00 will be sold?
if not, will have to chase after selling price and lose the best selling price.

hope someone familiar with HLe can help.
If you queue at 1.10 but not matched then the Q will leave it at 1.10 unless you cancel it or expired (market close all Q automatically being cancelled). It won't be sold at 1.05, as your order is at 1.10.

If you key in selling/buying price then being matched then it is considered the transaction being completed, otherwise (not yet matched) you can cancel your order at any time as you wish and re-key in the new order.

I reckon you are not familiar how trading being done.\

There is no automatical selling/buying mechanism, you need to key in you exact order and price you want to trade.

This post has been edited by cherroy: Mar 16 2008, 10:27 PM
Saint 1984
post Mar 18 2008, 04:29 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

guys.. i have a question here. may i know what software are you using to monitor KLSE and FKLI(futures).

i've searched every inch of google and only manage to find jstock which shows me KLSE. cant mange to get my hands on FKLI.

Some help please? ^^
tweakity
post Mar 18 2008, 06:28 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Mar 16 2008, 10:26 PM)
If you queue at 1.10 but not matched then the Q will leave it at 1.10 unless you cancel it or expired (market close all Q automatically being cancelled). It won't be sold at 1.05, as your order is at 1.10.

If you key in selling/buying price then being matched then it is considered the transaction being completed, otherwise (not yet matched) you can cancel your order at any time as you wish and re-key in the new order.

I reckon you are not familiar how trading being done.\

There is no automatical selling/buying mechanism, you need to key in you exact order and price you want to trade.
i know it won't be sold.... but i wanted to test if i queue up at RM1.00 instead of 1.10.... Q Q Q if price drop to 1.05, will it sell. because 1.05 is still more than 1.00. I queue at RM1.00 instead of RM1.10. because if this can work, i straight key in RM0.80 then confirm sell. given that i monitor the price....really drop until RM0.80 die already. ^^
because cancel order, then queue at RM1.05 again...key in key in halfway drop to RM1.00 already...zzzz.....
if need exact amount then too bad.... online trading so slow....cannot set different conditions too. no wonder cheap cheap. ^^
cherroy
post Mar 18 2008, 10:36 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(tweakity @ Mar 18 2008, 06:28 PM)
i know it won't be sold.... but i wanted to test if i queue up at RM1.00 instead of 1.10.... Q Q Q if price drop to 1.05, will it sell. because 1.05 is still more than 1.00. I queue at RM1.00 instead of RM1.10. because if this can work, i straight key in RM0.80 then confirm sell. given that i monitor the price....really drop until RM0.80 die already. ^^
because cancel order, then queue at RM1.05 again...key in key in halfway drop to RM1.00 already...zzzz.....
if need exact amount then too bad.... online trading so slow....cannot set different conditions too. no wonder cheap cheap. ^^
Dude,

If the market price is 1.05, if you key in 1.00, it straight away will be matched! whistling.gif

Too much money to burn? biggrin.gif people bid for 1.05 then you give them at 1.00? rclxub.gif

No offence.

Added on March 18, 2008, 10:38 pm
QUOTE(Saint 1984 @ Mar 18 2008, 04:29 PM)
guys.. i have a question here.  may i know what software are you using to monitor KLSE and FKLI(futures).

i've searched every inch of google and only manage to find jstock which shows me KLSE.  cant mange to get my hands on FKLI. 

Some help please? ^^
http://www.bursamalaysia.com/website/bm/ma...derivatives.jsp

This post has been edited by cherroy: Mar 18 2008, 10:38 PM
skiddtrader
post Mar 18 2008, 10:48 PM

Suspicious
3,037 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Mar 18 2008, 10:36 PM)
Dude,

If the market price is 1.05, if you key in 1.00, it straight away will be matched!  whistling.gif

Too much money to burn?  biggrin.gif  people bid for 1.05 then you give them at 1.00?  rclxub.gif

No offence.

I think his problem is he wants to throw his shares fast but because of the lag in the system, everytime he wants to sell at the current offered price, the prices drop just before his orders are executed. Meaning he sees the Buy orders at RM1.05 and he wants to sell all his shares, but due to lag of his online platform, before he complete his orders the prices already drop to RM1.00 and because of that, the system queue his orders at RM1.05 instead of the current buying price of RM1.00.

So in other words, he needs to cancel his queue at RM1.05 and then try to sell his shares at the current RM1.00 but again he feels frustrated because before he can put in his order for RM1.00, it drops to RM0.95 and so on and so forth.

So what he is asking is if he wants to throw his shares, he will anticipate the the lag of his online trading platform and put his sell order below the buying order so even if it lags, it will be sold to the highest bidder at that moment. So even if he keys in RM0.80 but the buy order is still RM1.00, his shares will still be sold at RM1.00 instead of his order of RM0.80.

cherroy
post Mar 18 2008, 11:16 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(skiddtrader @ Mar 18 2008, 10:48 PM)
I think his problem is he wants to throw his shares fast but because of the lag in the system, everytime he wants to sell at the current offered price, the prices drop just before his orders are executed. Meaning he sees the Buy orders at RM1.05 and he wants to sell all his shares, but due to lag of his online platform, before he complete his orders the prices already drop to RM1.00 and because of that, the system queue his orders at RM1.05 instead of the current buying price of RM1.00.

So in other words, he needs to cancel his queue at RM1.05 and then try to sell his shares at the current RM1.00 but again he feels frustrated because before he can put in his order for RM1.00, it drops to RM0.95 and so on and so forth.

So what he is asking is if he wants to throw his shares, he will anticipate the the lag of his online trading platform and put his sell order below the buying order so even if it lags, it will be sold to the highest bidder at that moment. So even if he keys in RM0.80 but the buy order is still RM1.00, his shares will still be sold at RM1.00 instead of his order of RM0.80.
Ok I see.

But with this kind of strategy, you might risk if no or not enough queue in the buyers, you order might be done at 0.80. It can happen only those low liquidity stock.
There is another kind of order called, 'also sell/buy', I don't think online system got it currently. In manual order of remisers key in one, you can do it, aka take the best bid or ask and done straight away.

Only occassionally when market is so volatile until above mentioned scenario will happen. Price generally won't move so fast one in normal trading day.
In those kind of volatile session, the best solution is take up the phone and tell your remisers to 'key in' the 'also sell/buy' order.

Saint 1984
post Mar 19 2008, 09:14 AM

Getting Started
59 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Mar 18 2008, 10:36 PM)
Dude,

If the market price is 1.05, if you key in 1.00, it straight away will be matched!  whistling.gif

Too much money to burn?  biggrin.gif  people bid for 1.05 then you give them at 1.00?  rclxub.gif

No offence.

gee thanks. i was hoping for something real-time like the one at mdex..n2connect.com/mdex.html . the problem with that site is that it's been days since i've been able to load the java applet... and it's still not showing anything. =.=" any help here? thanks again ^^ icon_question.gif

189 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0280sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:50 PM