13 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom
Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Courier Service in Malaysia, Read FIRST post BEFORE vote

chen9wei
post Dec 19 2007, 01:22 AM, updated 17y ago

Look at all my stars
923 posts

I have search around some website and cannot found a page that can list all (at least most) of the courier service that can found in Malaysia. I am doing this poll to let every sellers and buyers know which courier service should they choose when doing far distance trade.

Voters of the poll should take note of :

1) The reliability of the service (Usually all service will arrive within 1 day, i know cause i am in Kota Kinabalu)
2) The cost of the service
3) The kindness of their staff (during the posting procedure, after sales service, etc)
4) Protection to the seller and buyer (what if something goes wrong during the delivering process)
5) Location of their branch and time needed to post the item (how long does it take to queue)

Pls vote with careful consideration and do post up some comment and bad experience with some services.

Poslaju - http://www.pos.com.my/v1/?C=/V1/PosLaju/EM...utions/Main.htm
Skynet - http://www.skynet.com.my/
Gdex - http://www.gdexpress.com/home.php
Citylink - http://www.citylinkexpress.com/MY/en-US/Default.aspx
DHL - http://www.dhl.com.my/publish/my/en.high.html
Fedex - http://www.fedex.com/my/
Nationwide Express - http://www.nationwide2u.com/
Abx - http://www.abxexpress.com.my/
Air-pak - http://www.airpak-express.com/
Others

Added on December 19, 2007, 1:32 amFor me, Citylink and poslaju is the choice. But citylink > Poslaju.

This post has been edited by chen9wei: Dec 19 2007, 01:32 AM
PetroToxin
post Dec 19 2007, 01:56 AM

Regular
1,179 posts

Actually there is a topic stating 14 of Malaysia's courier services here smile.gif
jimmylim85
post Dec 19 2007, 08:15 AM

iPhone world....
7,665 posts

DHL is american company. Expensive yet reliable service. Tried once.
keii-kun
post Dec 19 2007, 08:30 AM

Regular
1,120 posts

VERY expensive. tried to send one cake (1kg) from Melaka to Taiping. Cost me RM65! the clerk there recommends me to use local courier company laugh.gif
GodsLove
post Dec 19 2007, 08:58 AM

On my way
662 posts

I tried a few courier services before. Fedex from Korea and from Thailand. Good service except a little hiccup on the Korea shipment. The shipment from thailand took less than 12 hours to arrived.

Pos Laju works most of the time but there was once my registered parcel was left unattended and unsigned at the shared post box in my office building. Anyone could have taken it.

Air-pak has so far been the very good. I have couriered items even to Sabah and Singapore and didn't had any problem.

Skynet is currently my 'unfavourite' courier company. Got an item couriered from Ipoh to Selangor and i tem got lost. Refund has not been received even after numerous report has been made and its already 3 months +..

zhen^wei
post Dec 19 2007, 10:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,057 posts

QUOTE(keii-kun @ Dec 19 2007, 08:30 AM)
VERY expensive. tried to send one cake (1kg) from Melaka to Taiping. Cost me RM65! the clerk there recommends me to use local courier company laugh.gif
when u deliver the cake, it still in "good condition" after reach the place? haha.
RM65 can go buy secret recepy cake liao lor..

QUOTE(GodsLove @ Dec 19 2007, 08:58 AM)
I tried a few courier services before. Fedex from Korea and from Thailand. Good service except a little hiccup on the Korea shipment. The shipment from thailand took less than 12 hours to arrived.

Pos Laju works most of the time but there was once my registered parcel was left unattended and unsigned at the shared post box in my office building. Anyone could have taken it.

Air-pak has so far been the very good. I have couriered items even to Sabah and Singapore and didn't had any problem.

Skynet is currently my 'unfavourite' courier company. Got an item couriered from Ipoh to Selangor and i tem got lost. Refund has not been received even after numerous report has been made and its already 3 months +..
can i know how is the air-pak charges ?

skynet really alot of problem. my suplier using skynet, the parcel come late.. more than 1 week sometimes.
recently i got using skynet shipping to singapore. i post on thursday, but it arrived on next monday. wtf. the postage is more higher than poslaju, but it late than poslaju.

my suggestion :
Semenanjung Malaysia : using sure-rach (www.sure-reach.com) = below 2kg RM5, addition 1kg RM3
gdexpress = below 4kg RM5.50 (if get quotation from HQ)
Sabah/Sarawak : using sure-reach= 1st kg RM6.50 (some branch), addition 1 kg RM8
1st kg RM15 (some branch), addition 1kg RM15
or Poslaju is cheaper and easier for the "kampung" area.
Oversea : poslaju or DHL (if u want faster with high pay)
chen9wei
post Dec 19 2007, 01:15 PM

Look at all my stars
923 posts

looks like most of you satisfied with poslaju .....
zhen^wei
post Dec 19 2007, 01:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,057 posts

yes. poslaju act better nowaday. cas every area also have pos office. easy to deliver to the kampung area.

GodsLove
post Dec 19 2007, 05:50 PM

On my way
662 posts

QUOTE(zhen^wei @ Dec 19 2007, 10:19 AM)
when u deliver the cake, it still in "good condition" after reach the place? haha.
RM65 can go buy secret recepy cake liao lor..
can i know how is the air-pak charges ?

skynet really alot of problem. my suplier using skynet, the parcel come late.. more than 1 week sometimes.
recently i got using skynet shipping to singapore. i post on thursday, but it arrived on next monday. wtf. the postage is more higher than poslaju, but it late than poslaju.

my suggestion :
Semenanjung Malaysia : using sure-rach (www.sure-reach.com) = below 2kg RM5, addition 1kg RM3
Sabah/Sarawak : using sure-reach= 1st kg RM6.50 (some branch), addition 1 kg RM8
Oversea :  poslaju or DHL (if u want faster with high pay)
i can't remember how much i paid for the shipemt but they ain't expensive..maybe just slightly more than pos laju..
ijan_hackers
post Dec 19 2007, 07:58 PM

Getting Started
238 posts

poslaju would be my choice.. never have any problem before.
Saha / Eddy
post Jul 10 2008, 06:15 PM

1 posts

Try BK LINE EXPRESS at only RM4.00

www.bklinegs.com

TEl:603-62071669 / 012 354 9882
memkingdom
post Aug 10 2008, 02:56 AM

On my way
529 posts

I choose City-Link, since they got "SuperBrand in Malaysia" award. And so far till now, no missing parcel or document. (but got twice case of delay delivery)
simonchan
post Nov 3 2008, 10:34 AM

9 posts

so far i have chosen airpak, real real good company for many years, expending and great services!
been using them for many years, once if i have any problem and they solve it rapidly and non-rude attitude at all, even the manager come and solve with that...real good service all time.
svage98
post Nov 3 2008, 09:47 PM

Casual
432 posts

Use poslaju for more than 10 years and so far never failed me.
chinsc
post Nov 4 2008, 04:03 PM

Enthusiast
853 posts

i choose Citylink. they give a real good services. good salesman, good adviser, and good operator. online tracking is very very accurate as well.

2nd will be poslaju. it get 2nd place because they don do delivery on first saturday of the month :-)
junclj
post Nov 6 2008, 07:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,297 posts

Eventhough FedEx is not consider as fast shipping. But their "tracking" service is always updated. This cause me choose FedEx.

and also,
FedEx is a US courier service and they are going internationally. The FedEx center hub for Asia is Subic Bay at The Philippines there.
I have past experience on FedEx which the goods deliver from Spain and Hong Kong.

However, I not so sure about Poslaju. Sometimes Poslaju is very fast but sometimes need wait 3 days. Even sometimes never see they update tracking number. Currently I have purchase one item from lelong which I bought 3 days ago. The seller update the tracking at 2 days ago but the delivery date is last night 12am. Currently I still havent receive it and so worry about the item may get lost because they no update the tracking number.

Another one is also for Poslaju, yesterday I have just received a Poslaju from Alor Setar, Kedah which I bought 2 days ago also. I am so surprise that is I am staying in Miri, Sarawak here. The wrapping paper of the parcel seems like tears by the postmen. But it still can arrive fast and safety.

This post has been edited by junclj: Nov 6 2008, 07:18 PM
refnulf
post Nov 8 2008, 04:28 PM

I love Hulu
7,937 posts

You forgot UPS. Another very reliable company. I deal with them quite often as well.

booklover
post Nov 8 2008, 10:36 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

where are the Citylink, UPS, and Fedex branches in PJ and Subang?
refnulf
post Nov 9 2008, 04:05 PM

I love Hulu
7,937 posts

United Parcel Service (M) Sdn Bhd (Main)
No. 11 Jalan Tandang
Wisma Ali Bawal 1
46050 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Malaysia

UPS is also near GDEX and a few other places. It's down the PJ police station, 12 o'clock at the round about all the way down till you see a sighboard saying UPS/GDEX, etc on the right.

Doomsday
post Nov 10 2008, 03:59 PM

keluarpattern dupe slayer
2,441 posts

QUOTE(zhen^wei @ Dec 19 2007, 10:19 AM)

Oversea :  poslaju or DHL (if u want faster with high pay)
how to get quotation from HQ?

13 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0703sec    0.17    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:52 AM