13 Pages « < 9 10 11 12 13 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

woking at CIMB bank

views

P.I.M.P
post Mar 4 2011, 12:00 AM

Jai Ho
719 posts

QUOTE(cutejams2004 @ Apr 12 2010, 03:39 PM)
Okay i got an interview for the position of marketing exec (h&p). I am a freshie form biotech. Wondering what kind of questions they may ask. Anyone here care to enlighten me a little? Thanks in advance
your studied biotech & wanna go into banking line?
why not go back into bio industry?

QUOTE(underpressure @ Apr 24 2010, 10:32 AM)
If you have a Master and 2 years working experience, you should be consider as a Assistant Manager or Junior to Middle level management. But its up to CIMB discretion. I understand their personal financial consultant pays about 2.5k to a fresh graduate, not too sure how much they would pay for your level. They might even allocate you to manage a team of PFC.
i think this gotta nego with the hiring manager
don't expect too high pay just because you worked in overseas before, they might not even consider you because you might be expensive

QUOTE(Avocado @ Oct 3 2010, 03:06 PM)
Hi guys, i went CIMB HQ interview recently.

The interviewer told me tat CIMB consumer banking payout 12mths bonus last yr (thou i presume only key performers got it), can any cimb-ian confirm this?  this is crucial to my decision making coz i'm banking on this payout to offset my paycut at cimb...explained below..

The hr told me tat my current pay is beyond their range for AM...hence asked me for 13% paycut n hope for huge bonuses at year end....not sure to believe or not?

Lastly, does cimb values its performing employees?  Coz my plan is to work very hard & get promoted in 2 yrs time...is this far from realistic in cimb or workable?

I know maybank gives free parking to its staff inside Menara Maybank, does Cimb do the same?

Advise from cimb-ians is very much appreciated...thanks!
CIMB payout 12mths bonus!?
where did you get your facts from?

QUOTE(Chester @ Oct 9 2010, 08:15 AM)
Promotion in 2 years is possible, been there done that. 12 months bonus, thats a fat lie.
mind sharing your recipe for success, promotion in 2 yrs is pretty fast
you must have achieved target & hit your KPI

QUOTE(ekestima @ Oct 9 2010, 12:29 PM)
To be success in banking line, u must be able to achieve your KPI's and must be able to have "angkatologi" as well. Unless you are very excellent in your sales, then you'll be recognised.
what is "angkatalogi"?

QUOTE(ekestima @ Oct 10 2010, 08:27 AM)
Now adays, IT are all outsourced cool.gif .. For banking line, you'll only be offered sales position, weather you like it or not. rclxub.gif
not necessary sales
there may be some back office job also, steady job with steady pay
but won't really make money wan la, make money is sales

QUOTE(ceypoi @ Oct 20 2010, 05:10 PM)
Hi all,

May i know anyone who knows /works in Securities Services in CIMB....is it one of department/unit in IB? ....and what it does..? icon_question.gif

And i want to know the difference of benefits between cimb bank and investment bank?
to be specific for Clerical position... whether NUBE protect Clerical in Investment Bank...or just for Commercial Bank..? icon_question.gif
Many thanks!
the differences you may refer to CIMB corporate structure in the annual report

QUOTE(tata88 @ Oct 23 2010, 01:45 PM)
CIMB Bank got unlimited medical claim. It is weird that you got the offer but you don't know what is inside the offer.
unlimited!?...sure boh?
i only know medical claims is only RM1,000 PER YEAR
which is which ah?

QUOTE(tata88 @ Oct 24 2010, 10:38 AM)
CIMB Investment Bank surely do not have unlimited medical claims benefit. As for CIMB Bank, ckwei can check it by yourself. My last updated news on CIMB Bank was few months ago and unlimited medical claims still exists. Unless ckwei trying to say that CIMB Bank has changed the policy recently 1 or 2 months ago? Or perhaps ckwei do not know anything about CIMB?
isnt' CIMB Inv Bank & CIMB Bank medical claims should be the same?
got diff ah?

QUOTE(gloomberg @ Nov 28 2010, 03:10 PM)
for commercial banking, please consider foreign banks, as they are much more aggressive, and the products they offer are much more competitive
why do you say so?
any specific reason?

Added on March 4, 2011, 12:02 amoh one more thing, anybody working in Menara Bumiputera Commerce in Jln Raja Laut?

where can i get cheap parking or season parking? The HR told me got employee season parking in basement of MBC, but need to queue under waiting list - RM120/mth.

What is the parking price outside? Anyone working in MBC pls share.

This post has been edited by P.I.M.P: Mar 4 2011, 12:03 AM
mandynoh
post Mar 4 2011, 03:29 AM

15 posts

it is quite difficult to get 12 months bonus, UNLESS you're the superstar performer of the year..

tiggert
post Mar 4 2011, 06:19 AM

Getting Started
67 posts

Only in the investment banking / stock broking / treasury line / corporate banking I presume you can get the at least 12 months.
P.I.M.P
post Mar 4 2011, 07:25 AM

Jai Ho
719 posts

QUOTE(tiggert @ Mar 4 2011, 06:19 AM)
Only in the investment banking / stock broking / treasury line / corporate banking I presume you can get the at least 12 months.
Retail banking leh?

Added on March 6, 2011, 11:55 amAny affordable parkings near MBC?
Those working in MBC, please share your parking location please.

This post has been edited by P.I.M.P: Mar 6 2011, 11:55 AM
jeffrienasir
post Apr 5 2011, 09:04 AM

4 posts

BEB :-) anyone know about CIMB-IT dept (office located at damansara)... i make my survey now bcoz i need to decide either i wanna join them or stay with my current position... so far the salary offer looks good :-)

anyone can tell me, based on previous CIMB performance and achievement, how the bonus looks like? what abt the environment there? and parking? and do we have any public transports to reach there.

anyone can tell me?
mercury8400
post Apr 5 2011, 11:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,703 posts

I tot CIMB Invesemtn Bank (the blue logo) pay 12-16m bonus on average. Some I heard even got 24 m if top performers
ee..
post Apr 6 2011, 09:10 PM

39 posts

hi, anyone know which department in CIMB require the statistical or quantitative skill?? or any suitable suggestion to department in CIMB? becos i not really sure the department in CIMB especially at HQ..
starplatinum
post Apr 8 2011, 12:26 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(Chester @ Nov 13 2010, 03:13 PM)
was there tongue.gif
hi chester...u have any idea how's data analyst position in CIMB? it's under cards & personal financing division...

very stressful job + long working hrs?

appreciate yr reply smile.gif
DDSFan8
post Apr 8 2011, 12:28 AM

Regular
1,276 posts

I working in CIMB. So far, not bad because boss no time to play politics. We only work.
starplatinum
post Apr 8 2011, 12:34 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(DDSFan8 @ Apr 8 2011, 12:28 AM)
I working in CIMB. So far, not bad because boss no time to play politics. We only work.
hi there...which dep. u working in?
EmmaPrincess
post May 5 2011, 12:57 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

May I know how much cimb offer fresh graduate for sales position? the basic salary?
metaltooth
post Jun 13 2011, 03:14 PM

45 posts

Just want to know how long will it takes for cimb on the hiring process..from interview stage up to the offer letter sign-off.
Wukaneld
post Jun 15 2011, 01:07 AM

Validating
14 posts

QUOTE(metaltooth @ Jun 13 2011, 03:14 PM)
Just want to know how long will it takes for cimb on the hiring process..from interview stage up to the offer letter sign-off.
I had mine done within 2 weeks, from the official interview until the application and terms of employment approved.
sktwo2
post Jun 16 2011, 06:16 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

Hi,

where should I park my car if I'm working at Menara Bumiputra Commerce??
i tried to ask around and they ask me to take LRT to stesen Bandaraya...
the problem is the place that I'm staying has no LRT....
and i don't wanna cramp myself in public transport....

so, pretty please for those who knows where can i park my car at Menara Bumiputra Commerce???
or nearby Menara Bumiputra commerce... i don't mind doing some little walking..
SUSRaikkonen
post Jun 20 2011, 08:10 PM

I'll be your ♡ ☁ ☼ ☂
8,635 posts

Hi.

Anyone worked as Call Centre Assistant?

metaltooth
post Jun 21 2011, 05:53 PM

45 posts

anyone knows the salary range for assistant manager in CIMB? Tq

This post has been edited by metaltooth: Jun 21 2011, 05:54 PM
phoenerunner
post Sep 21 2011, 04:01 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(metaltooth @ Jun 21 2011, 05:53 PM)
anyone knows the salary range for assistant manager in CIMB? Tq
yeah, Im interested to know salary range as a assistant manager in group risk department. tq
rastablank
post Sep 21 2011, 11:47 PM

Enthusiast
951 posts

Guys, how well is the CIMB Islamic Finance division in terms of career prospect?

Is it growing well? Thinking of pursuing CIFP in the near future.

Thanks. smile.gif
vinod178
post Sep 27 2011, 07:51 PM

5 posts

Medical benefit is unlimited for u, ur wife + your children.(ABOM & Nube Union benefits).(not applicable to sales related positions and position AM and above.)
Nikkichan
post Oct 4 2011, 12:22 PM

4 posts

Hi all ! This is my first post in this forum. I would like to ask whether the Complete Bankers Program is really beneficial ? How's it like ? Anyone here who has completed it share some of your experiences ? Thank you very much smile.gif rclxms.gif

13 Pages « < 9 10 11 12 13 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0284sec    0.30    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:43 AM