what made you guys shift to iPhone?, Considering to get one

views

GamersFamilia
post Apr 3 2024, 06:04 PM

Videogames Enthusiast , Avid Gamer and Videogames Collector
All Stars
13,156 posts

QUOTE(bobowyc @ Mar 21 2024, 07:23 PM)
I started using iphone since 5S. Bought it from my friend which upgraded his phone. haha. I bought for 700 that time. lol. Consider quite cheap, market rate was around 1k i think. Used the phone for close to like 5 years+ i think, then upgraded to iPhone 11, preordered it cause it will arrive on my bday. haha.. Really did got it on my bday. After 3 years i upgraded to iPhone 14 Pro Max and gave my phone to my dad. Also bought an ip11 for my mom last year. So my whole family now is in Apple ecosystem haha. my sisters are using iphones as well. lol so far phone is good, rarely lags, been using ip14pm only lagged once. sweat.gif
in my case , previously my mom use iphone 6 plus and recently i bought iphone 14 pro max for her , since she get used to ios better buy iphone cool2.gif
lee82gx
post Apr 3 2024, 06:21 PM

I guess I'm special
2,882 posts

QUOTE(jkfoong @ Apr 3 2024, 05:14 PM)
Not really attempting to engage in a debate, but rather couldn't find any supporting articles or statistics for your statement regarding "Iphone's have officially won."
I would find it interesting if there were any sources from your side, or rather if it's just your personal opinion.
Sorry about my use of rhetoric, my own opinion is worth only 2c or less. Feel free to ignore.
bobowyc
post Apr 3 2024, 06:22 PM

You are who you are.
1,898 posts

QUOTE(GamersFamilia @ Apr 3 2024, 06:04 PM)
in my case , previously my mom use iphone 6 plus and recently i bought iphone 14 pro max for her , since she get used to ios better buy iphone  cool2.gif
sweat.gif My mom was using huawei before switching. lol. it was a really old huawei model. no more supporting in OS. haha.. bought for her bday cause the phone lagging also, hence why we bought ip11 for her xD sweat.gif Since shes in apple ecosystem so we have find my mobile tied to their phones.. xD sweat.gif
GamersFamilia
post Apr 4 2024, 11:23 AM

Videogames Enthusiast , Avid Gamer and Videogames Collector
All Stars
13,156 posts

QUOTE(bobowyc @ Apr 3 2024, 06:22 PM)
sweat.gif My mom was using huawei before switching. lol. it was a really old huawei model. no more supporting in OS. haha.. bought for her bday cause the phone lagging also, hence why we bought ip11 for her xD  sweat.gif Since shes in apple ecosystem so we have find my mobile tied to their phones.. xD  sweat.gif
that's good , once hook up with an iphone , will stick to it no matter what wink.gif
lee82gx
post Apr 4 2024, 01:46 PM

I guess I'm special
2,882 posts

I'd say as of 2024 only lah....we can't say Android will never be a better choice in the future. Make a better product, people will buy.
hksgmy
post Apr 22 2024, 04:01 AM

Doraemon!
5,308 posts

I was given a iPhone… yes, the original iPhone, by one of my patients who worked with Apple Inc some 13 to 14 years ago, and I’ve been an iPhone user since that very first generation.

It was natural for me, as I was previously a Treo user.

Before all of that, I was a Motorola, then an Ericsson and later a Nokia user.

This post has been edited by hksgmy: Apr 24 2024, 08:40 AM
Rainings
post Apr 22 2024, 01:27 PM

Regular
1,020 posts

Been using android for over a decade and converted to iOS last year to iphone 13 mini. Using iOS for over a year now. Here's my experience.

Things I miss from android:
- Notifications (iOS notification just sucks)
- Notification light (subjective, since now all has AOD)
- Rootable, can install F-droid, YT revanced, Adaway (blocked all ads including webview) etc.
- Dedicated web browser (unlike, iOS all browsers are just safari webkit reskin)
- Web browser plugins, only safari support plugins (WTF).
- Dedicated back button. (Controversial)
- One click almost anything instead of iOS gesture all the way (kinda slower compare just a button)
- Custom ROM (I don't use it, but hey at least an option)
- default 15gb Google cloud storage (ffs iCloud 5gb)
- Battery replacement is cheaper compare to iPhone.

Things I hated from android:
- crappy apps (even to this day)
- Bloatware (Almost all android pre-loaded with bloatware including pixel device)
- Adware (if you r getting china phone, you will find ads baked into default apps, yes you can turn if off, but they still tracked and sending analytics back to their server).
- Tracker (almost all china phone has some sort of tracker in it, they are sending all kind analytics back to china)
- Software update (android just can't beat iOS)
- Chipset (Still can't beat iPhone)
- resell value (bye bye hard earn money)
- root now require time for count down (ffs WTF)
- Price, (flagship is not cheaper than iPhone, sometimes more expensive, one of the reason I ditched android)

Look, iOS is not perfect, I had couple of times when someone is calling me, I just couldn't swipe to answer the phone, the swipe just do not work and app crashed, could related to low ram.

iOS is simple or boring, work straight out of the box. The experience is universal across their devices like iPad. I gave my mom an iPhone she immediately know how to use it, since she has been using iPad for more than a decade now. She tried android before, just couldn't get use to it, because each brands their to do things in their own way, UI/UX is not consistent. Other than that, the experience is acceptable for iOS and I can live with it.
hksgmy
post Apr 24 2024, 08:41 AM

Doraemon!
5,308 posts

Wanted to add... I'm a very superficial phone user - mainly for email, banking apps, WhatsApp, web-browsing and online shopping...

So, the easier/simpler the user interface, the better.

iOS is as idiot proof as they come, IMVHO...

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0146sec    0.23    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 06:23 AM