Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Lipo suction, Anyone here did before?

views

TSConroe
post Oct 21 2007, 06:11 AM, updated 17y ago

Getting Started
253 posts

Anyone know where to do liposuction in malaysia?the cost?the good and bad?

p/s: We're about to find out liposuction so pls don't suggest "do exercise lar" or similar to it. biggrin.gif
Sawamura
post Oct 21 2007, 06:42 PM

Casual
323 posts

QUOTE(Conroe @ Oct 21 2007, 06:11 AM)

p/s: We're about to find out liposuction so pls don't suggest "do exercise lar" or similar to it. biggrin.gif
since u ask... my answer... is an absolute NO-NO..!! icon_rolleyes.gif

yes u r going to be slimmer.. but flabby all over ur body.. go figure..

why liposuction.. exercise laa

This post has been edited by Sawamura: Oct 21 2007, 06:44 PM
sky388
post Oct 22 2007, 11:41 AM

Getting Started
127 posts

I heard "liposuction" is easily slim down but later u also easily gain back the weight....
malaysianPotato
post Oct 22 2007, 01:45 PM

I need more space to write stuff here...
Group Icon
Elite
2,816 posts

QUOTE(Conroe @ Oct 21 2007, 06:11 AM)

Don't know where you can do it but any plastic surgeon should be able to, google would be able to give you alot of doctor's names. Google "plastic surgeon malaysia" or something.

Good and bad?

Side effects
A side effect, as opposed to a complication, is medically minor, although it can be uncomfortable, annoying, and even painful.

Bruising: can be painful in the short term, and should fade after a few weeks.
Swelling: should subside gradually over a month or two.
Scars: will vary in size depending on the particular procedure, and should fade over the weeks. Scarring is an individual thing, partly dependent on heredity. For some, scar healing may take as long as a year.
Pain: should be temporary and controlled by either over-the-counter medication, or by a prescription.
Numbness: sometimes persists for a few weeks.
Limited mobility: will depend on the exact procedure.
There could be various factors limiting movement for a short while, such as:

Wearing a compression garment
Keeping the head elevated
Temporary swelling or pain
The surgeon should advise on how soon the patient can resume normal activity.

Possible complications
As with any surgery, there are certain risks, beyond the temporary and minor side effects. The surgeon may mention them during a consultation. Careful patient selection minimizes their occurrence. Their likelihood is somewhat increased when treated areas are very large or numerous and a large amount of fat is removed. [5]

During the 1990s there were some deaths as a result of liposuction, as well as alarmingly high rates of complication. By studying more and educating themselves further, surgeons have reduced complication rates.

A study published in Dermatologic Surgery (July 2004, pp. 967-978), found that:

"The overall clinical complication rate [for liposuction] ... was 0.7% (5 of 702) "
The minor complication rate was 0.57%
The major complication rate was 0.14% with one patient requiring hospitalization
The more serious possible complications include:

Allergic reaction to medications or material used during surgery.
Infection: any time the body is incised or punctured, bacteria can get in and cause an infection. During liposuction, multiple small puncture wounds are made for inserting the cannula, that can vary in size depending on the technique.
Damage to the skin: most surgeons work on the deeper levels of fat, so as to avoid wounding the skin any more than they must for the insertion of the cannula.
Sometimes the cannula can damage tissue beneath the skin, which may show up as a spotted appearance on the skin surface.
Skin necrosis (dead skin) is a rare complication, in which the skin falls off in the necrotic area. The problem can vary in degree. The resulting wound then needs to heal typically requiring extended wound care.
Puncture of an internal organ: since the surgeon can't see the cannula, sometimes it damages an internal organ, such as the intestines during abdominal liposuction. Such damage can be corrected surgically, although in rare cases it can be fatal. An experienced cosmetic surgeon is unlikely to puncture any internal organ.
Contour irregularities: sometimes the skin may look bumpy and/or withered, because of uneven fat removal, or poor skin elasticity. Not all patients heal in the same way, and with older patients the healing may be slower and a bit imperfect. Sometimes a small touch-up procedure can help.
Thromboembolism and fat embolisation: although liposuction is a low-risk procedure for thromboembolism including pulmonary embolism, the risk can't be ignored.[6] [7]
Burns: sometimes the cannula movement can cause friction burns to skin or nerves. Also, in UAL, the heat from the ultrasound device can cause injury to the skin or deeper tissue.
Lidocaine toxicity: when the super-wet or tumescent methods are used, too much saline fluid may be injected, or the fluid may contain too high a concentration of lidocaine. Then the lidocaine may become too much for that particular person's system. Lidocaine poisoning at first causes tingling and numbness and eventually seizures, followed by unconsciousness and respiratory or cardiac arrest.
Fluid imbalance: since fat contains a lot of fluid and is removed in liposuction, and since the surgeon injects fluid for the procedure, even a very large amount of it for tumescent liposuction, there is a danger of the body's fluid balance being disturbed. This could happen afterwards, after the patient is at home. If too much fluid remains in the body, the heart, lungs and kidneys could be badly affected.
The cosmetic surgeon should give the participant a written list of symptoms to watch for, along with instructions for post-op self-care.

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liposuction

Keep in mind that if the patient isn't willing to exercise and keep in shape then the whole thing would have gone to waste. Another thing would be excess skin, you'll have to get that tucked in aswell.

The good side? You get a chunk of fat sucked out of you and exercising can be alot easier especially for the obese where their weight severely limits their ability to exercise. Also the loss of that much fat can be a good thing for one's self esteem and can boost one's morale allowing the individual to do more with his/her life.

This post has been edited by malaysianPotato: Oct 22 2007, 01:46 PM
eRiCCa
post Oct 22 2007, 04:53 PM

Casual
441 posts

well... my BROTHER did that, on his HIPS... both sides...

i think there is no side effects that i know, it's just sucking out your extra fats... and it's PAINFUL of course...

he did in a hospital... around... rm5k... he took out i think 2 LITRES of fluids, fats + blood...

oh and for your information, he is not lazy not willing to do exercise... in fact, he exercises A LOT!! he plays basketball FEW TIMES A DAY... and sweat until everything wet, and VERY SMELLY!! *i usually stay VERY VERY far from him after his basketball session* but his fats still there...

sometimes, I THINK, exercise is NOT the ONLY WAY...

very true about the self esteem part, he used to say that he's ugly with his fats, cant KAO LUI... and dowan to go out because he looked ugly *yes, my brother sounds like a GIRL, super HIAO* so he BUGGED my mom, and now he has got a GF now... not sure it's a good thing or a bad thing though...

my brother is only 18 years old... i think he did his lipo suction last year... 17...
T+1
post Oct 22 2007, 06:20 PM

Regular
1,368 posts

QUOTE(eRiCCa @ Oct 22 2007, 04:53 PM)

i think there is no side effects that i know, it's just sucking out your extra fats... and it's PAINFUL of course...

he did in a hospital... around... rm5k... he took out i think 2 LITRES of fluids, fats + blood...

oh and for your information, he is not lazy not willing to do exercise... in fact, he exercises A LOT!! he plays basketball FEW TIMES A DAY... and sweat until everything wet, and VERY SMELLY!! *i usually stay VERY VERY far from him after his basketball session* but his fats still there...

very true about the self esteem part, he used to say that he's ugly with his fats, cant KAO LUI... and dowan to go out because he looked ugly *yes, my brother sounds like a GIRL, super HIAO* so he BUGGED my mom, and now he has got a GF now... not sure it's a good thing or a bad thing though...

my brother is only 18 years old... i think he did his lipo suction last year... 17...
from what u said, i guess ur brother has excessive estrogen hmm.gif

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

eRiCCa
post Oct 22 2007, 08:29 PM

Casual
441 posts

QUOTE(T+1 @ Oct 22 2007, 06:20 PM)
from what u said, i guess ur brother has excessive estrogen  hmm.gif

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

ERMMMMMMM... this i have no idea... but the doctor said it's better to remove it, else it will store even more fats... and i dont think you can lose it by purely exercising... and oh yea, he couldnt exercise for 3 months i think, after the surgery...

QUOTE(King83 @ Oct 22 2007, 06:58 PM)
Chuck Norris round house kick and opened up a portal which wiped out my previous post?  blink.gif
huh? i think i only understand the last 6 words...
MSA
post May 20 2008, 09:46 AM

Casual
317 posts

I have to agree with Errica ... It's REALLY REALLY hard to loose fats around your hips.. Beside liposuction what kinda exercise can benefit the hips ?
kursk
post May 20 2008, 11:19 AM

Casual
402 posts

i heard liposuction gonna leave mark on the skin~

i wonder why~ quite pain for beauty~

no wonder beauty is pain~

smile.gif
mandelism
post May 27 2008, 01:46 AM

Getting Started
124 posts

as i was wondering..where in Malaysia they offer such services..and how much it cost aa???
carpathia
post May 27 2008, 02:04 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,619 posts

actually the mark left by lipo is very small circular mark. thats all.
liposuction is safe but PLEASE find ONE reputable clinic. dont go to those fly by nights one ( doc from india.china) and the next day you cant find them .

the most important thing about lipo is the process of them bandaging you. If you really gonna do it or you feel that the nurse is not doing a good job, you really gotta tell them. My wife did one few years back with a fly by nite one (cheaper- huh) and the nurse didnt bandage properly, now some parts of the muscles buldges out........have to go to cosmetic/lipo again...sigh.....

mandelism
post May 27 2008, 02:05 AM

Getting Started
124 posts

lol..how much was it?
Xalvin
post May 27 2008, 03:34 PM

Getting Started
163 posts

About the 'after liposuction grow fat again' thing. I think its very true.
Even after your liposuction you will still grow fat if you don't control your diet.

mandelism
post Jun 2 2008, 02:05 AM

Getting Started
124 posts

sad.gif anyone can advice where to find such services..and how much it might cost???

huhu~
zeist
post Jun 2 2008, 02:09 AM

Mivec 1800cc
All Stars
15,182 posts

What about turn those fats around the hip area to muscles? laugh.gif
pedro
post Jun 2 2008, 09:20 AM

Certified Broscientist
3,649 posts

Reverse lipomoronification!
mokhzaini
post Jun 2 2008, 10:22 AM

Getting Started
278 posts

actually, there is another short cut to get slimmer. liposuction is one, but by having do that, i suggest u to do something about the skin, because of course when u suck all the fats, the skin gonna get flabby.

the other way is to re-adjust (make it smaller) your stomach fill inside ur body. this however can only be done through operation. Diego maradona is one of the high profile people done that. and my god the changes are absolutely..... amazing. unbelieveable.

what they did to him was to make his stomach (inside body) a bit smaller. so, he need only to consume little food for it to be full. so, its like 'cheating' ur head. make it smaller and u'll be full with little amount of food.
icypetals
post Jun 2 2008, 10:55 AM

Casual
324 posts

EVEN if u complete the lipo, if u go back to ur normal diet and normal life, u will gain back the weight.
cyberhawks
post Jun 3 2008, 10:15 AM

20 posts

i guess still no one have give the answer on price and location of doing it.. any advise? im also kinda intrested.. tongue.gif
cdspins
post Jun 3 2008, 10:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,567 posts

To know the price, you need to go to the clinic/hospital and ask, it depends cause there is no one fix for all price.
icypetals
post Jun 3 2008, 01:45 PM

Casual
324 posts

do they have surgery to pump in fats?
I lack of fats, nd it to bulk up and gym=.="
danny_ptlm
post Jun 3 2008, 03:00 PM

!@#$%^&*()_+
161 posts

u use stanazolol(steroid) more fast de results...
mandelism
post Jun 3 2008, 06:55 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

makan la weight Gain
icypetals
post Jun 3 2008, 08:40 PM

Casual
324 posts

QUOTE(mandelism @ Jun 3 2008, 06:55 PM)
makan la weight Gain
i fniish 1 big botal+1 medium botal of whey

nope, no effect

Added on June 3, 2008, 8:41 pm
QUOTE(danny_ptlm @ Jun 3 2008, 03:00 PM)
u use stanazolol(steroid) more fast de results...
oh!! i saw arnold selling that yesterday at petaling street!! sure very easy buy

This post has been edited by icypetals: Jun 3 2008, 08:41 PM
Jwang
post Jun 5 2008, 08:09 AM

41 posts

me also plan to do lipo on my breast & hip ~_~
*devilelle*
post Jun 5 2008, 09:04 AM

Im aint Me
767 posts

QUOTE(Jwang @ Jun 5 2008, 08:09 AM)
me also plan to do lipo on my breast & hip ~_~
breast???????

my hip needed it cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif
Jwang
post Jun 7 2008, 08:51 AM

41 posts

ANy 1 know which doctor can perform smartlipo in selangor?

I found out smart lipo is better than tradisional lipo!
gstrapinuse
post Jun 8 2008, 12:28 PM

Elite
696 posts

it is not advisable to do coz i have a fren n her mum do Liposuction and not long after that she developed cancer on the part she do...after that die alr
johnnkw
post Mar 22 2013, 11:03 AM

1 posts

If anyone is opting for liposuction, please be informed that you can now store your stem cells in the extracted fat for future therapeutics or aesthetics use. So dont waste them!

Contact CryoCord if you want to store them. =)
law1777
post Mar 22 2013, 12:14 PM

DreamMan
2,654 posts

QUOTE(eRiCCa @ Oct 22 2007, 04:53 PM)

basketball = cardio = basketball

if not mistaken playing basketball never exercise the tummy/hips part right? one need to go to the gym n workout.. start to do research how to really burn body fat
law1777
post Mar 22 2013, 12:19 PM

DreamMan
2,654 posts

QUOTE(eRiCCa @ Oct 22 2007, 08:29 PM)
ERMMMMMMM... this i have no idea... but the doctor said it's better to remove it, else it will store even more fats... and i dont think you can lose it by purely exercising... and oh yea, he couldnt exercise for 3 months i think, after the surgery...
huh? i think i only understand the last 6 words...
of coz the doctor will tell u that u need to do the operation becoz its his job to find more money for himself. if a person wants to slim/fit up its better to look for a personal trainer!
Jane K
post Jul 14 2014, 01:19 PM

3 posts

You may contact me further detail on liposuction.. Thanks
SUSRaikkonen
post Jul 14 2014, 01:23 PM

I'll be your ♡ ☁ ☼ ☂
8,635 posts

Afternoon happy.gif

Not recommended.

Old skool fat burning still the best.

Trust me.

Blofeld
post Jul 14 2014, 03:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

Liposuction? Oh please noooo

Liposuction only takes away your subcutaneous fat (beneath your skin) but not the visceral fat around your organs.

Without proper exercise and diet, fats from other part of the body will shift towards the part where you did the liposuction.

I happened to know someone who did liposuction and she gained even more weight in the end.
junita bt harum
post May 23 2015, 02:10 AM

4 posts

I have come across few flyers on surgery for laser treatment to reduce fats and as-well wrapping to melt your body fat without surgery and my friend introduced a website to learn about liposuction malaysia.

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/liposuctionmalaysia
gwentee
post May 23 2015, 11:33 AM

2 posts

I have friends did it. The results were good as they did the firming treatment too. Even though they have delivered few children, the result were good and skin became firmed and tightened after the sessions.
degraw1993
post May 23 2015, 12:25 PM

Regular
1,892 posts

why the hell reply this old thread doh.gif doh.gif
ukguy
post Nov 19 2018, 12:47 AM

23 posts

QUOTE(degraw1993 @ May 23 2015, 12:25 PM)
why the hell reply this old thread  doh.gif  doh.gif
Why not? I'm interested too smile.gif

I do plenty of exercise, hiking and off-road motorcycling, my "BMI" is OK, I have a reasonably trim tummy at 76 kg at 5"9" - but my "love handles" are annoying me.

When i have a full "6 pack" the love handles finally go away, but anything other than looking like a shredded bodybuilder and the love handles come back. You can see my stomach muscles, but love handles too!

I just want those things removed, but surprisingly hard to find such information online. Malaysia still in the dark ages sometimes.

Ocean7 P
post Sep 9 2019, 11:56 AM

Probation
10 posts

For those who are still researching, there are two types of liposuction:

1. Vaser Liposuction

2. Traditional Liposuction

Let's start with vaser liposuction. If you are looking for a less invasive type of liposuction, Vaser is a good choice as it uses a patented fat removal technology and is established as the industry standard for ultrasound liposuction procedures

Here's the key for Vaser Liposuction, the procedure does not actually mean losing weight, but it's more for removing stubborn fat that is resistant, even if frequent exercise.

There are not many doctors who provide vaser liposuction in Malaysia. If you considering this, you may read more about the procedure from Dermlaze as they specialise in vaser liposuction > https://www.dermlaze.com.my/our-services/vaser-liposuction/

As for traditional liposuction, The procedure involves pre-operative markings that will cover the areas of significance to the patient (i.e. treatment for areas of fat deposition). To minimize pain, the liposuction procedure is done under general anaesthesia, with adrenalin is injected into the areas to be treated. This is to distend the fat tissues so that the surgery is easier and also to minimize bleeding and to ensure post-operative pain relief. You can expect the procedure to take about 2-4 hours.

In Malaysia, there are not many plastic surgeons and there are probably less than 10 plastic surgeons who are renowned. For traditional liposuction, there is no better person to do it than Dr Soma from Clinical Aesthetics, Dr Soma Plastic Surgery > https://www.drsomaplasticsurgery.com/liposuction-malaysia/

As always, before you make any decision, do go in for the consultation with the doctors first before investing your money as the cost can be huge.

Hope this helps!

rohk23
post Oct 1 2019, 10:08 PM

24 posts

I knew that there is a very senior surgeon from Penang Adentist Hospital - Dr Danny Oh who can do consultation through whatapps, skype, email, FB messenger especially those from other country or other state. Somemore it is free consultation through this channel. If you like it than go ahead, if not at least can do comparison with other hospital or clinic. The nurse in the cosmetic clinic are so nice, very exemplary, understanding, kind enough to answer all the enquiries. It is quite affordable price. It can be done as day procedure or admission per night will do. I still prefer outpatient because it is so privacy to me.
findanexpertuk P
post Oct 3 2019, 05:29 PM

Probation
6 posts

Liposuction is cosmetic surgery treatment remove the extra fats from body, it is expensive treatment. But the second way Non-surgical laser liposuction is a painless treatment. No cut and no stitches easily remove the extra fats from body.
simon11 P
post Oct 8 2019, 04:26 PM

Probation
3 posts

Vaser Liposuction or vaser lipo is a variation on the traditional liposuction treatment, the surgery returns a reduction in fat and excess skin I had the Vaser lipo arms it help me achieve sculpting muscles.
wilson1stop
post Oct 27 2019, 01:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,762 posts

Follow

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0265sec    0.79    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:26 AM