Lenovo SC, faulty product experience

views

TSmiyeonevermioff
post Mar 28 2022, 09:14 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(kaitojas @ Mar 28 2022, 06:20 PM)
Any deduction like admin fee?
no, everything is covered since under warranty.
kaitojas
post Apr 5 2022, 06:39 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(miyeonevermioff @ Mar 28 2022, 09:14 PM)
no, everything is covered since under warranty.
Great to hear~
Human Nature
post Apr 5 2022, 09:43 PM

- student of human nature -
All Stars
25,132 posts

miyeonevermioff

Hi, I think my laptop is having the same problem as yours. Stuttering for the past 4-5 days and become extremely laggy and occasinally freezes. Even more noticeable when just with 5 tabs on internet browser, I tried with Chrome, Edge and Firefox.

IdeaPad Slim 5i
11th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 Processor
16 GB DDR4 3200MHz
512 GB SSD
2YR Premium Care with Onsite

Delivered on January 31, 2022 so less than 3 months usage. How old is your laptop?

May I know what warranty plan are you on? And do you face laggy issue too??

This post has been edited by Human Nature: Apr 5 2022, 09:48 PM
TSmiyeonevermioff
post Apr 6 2022, 12:51 AM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Apr 5 2022, 09:43 PM)
miyeonevermioff

Hi, I think my laptop is having the same problem as yours. Stuttering for the past 4-5 days and become extremely laggy and occasinally freezes. Even more noticeable when just with 5 tabs on internet browser, I tried with Chrome, Edge and Firefox.

IdeaPad Slim 5i
11th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 Processor
16 GB DDR4 3200MHz
512 GB SSD
2YR Premium Care with Onsite

Delivered on January 31, 2022 so less than 3 months usage. How old is your laptop?

May I know what warranty plan are you on? And do you face laggy issue too??
my warranty is just basic 1 year warranty. bought this laptop and arrived on last year September. first noticed this issue after 1 month i think.

when i was listening to Spotify, its audio stuttered. u can refer to my previous post with a link to watch the example of my stuttering. i thought was audio driver issue and i updated audio driver, but it didn't solve it.

i took a few months to realize that actually its not audio problem, its stuttering because my screen also stutters. until december only send to service center

this stuttering occurs randomly and not frequent. it could take up to 1 week+ to occur again. so its really hard to record it.

no, i didn't experience laggy issue. it was really smooth with 6 core cpu, but just the stuttering.

big difference between mine and ur laptop is amd vs intel. i am not sure if my amd r5 5600u is due to amd confirmed stuttering issue regarding to ftpm issue.

for ur laptop on intel, I'm not too sure the cause of it. how is ur stuttering like? got robotic audio or just screen stuttering ? does it occur frequently? if yes, then record a video then contact ur nearst Lenovo sc for warranty claim. let them find out the cause of the problem. if u dont record a video then they might refuse to replace parts if required due to no evidence. its safer and prevent yourself to end up wasting 2 weeks, like me sad.gif

if your laptop lags, stutters frequently, try to monitor ur cpu, ram usage. u can use xbox game bar/ task manager to see ur laptop's situation. see got spike in cpu usage or not.

well if you could record a video then it would be whole lot better if u need help with diagnosing the issue.

This post has been edited by miyeonevermioff: Apr 6 2022, 12:54 AM
System Error Message
post Apr 6 2022, 01:19 AM

Regular
1,781 posts

i use thinkpad and i'm already annoyed. I'm using an older thinkpad, very modable which i plan to mod. Performance will only be entry point if compared to new laptops but i at least get both expresscard+ thunderbolt allowing for eGPU fun. However my biggest issue with lenovo are 2 things.

Terrible pricing and options
Some things are a joke.

Thinkpad for business use case? I hit the key limit a lot with beeps when i am typing. thinkpad keyboards are supposed to be good, its a joke. Its so bad in certain games though but regular typing and even for my non gaming use case, i hit that key press limit all the time.
Thinkpad consumer line is not reliable what so ever.
Thinkpad bloatware will bog down your PC.

However lenovo is still better than dell/hp. With dell even their alienware burns when gaming, just how bad is that (personal experience, happened many times)? And not its not caused by thermals but their thermals are a joke. Lots of more recent dell and hp laptops are having issues. As an OEM lenovo isnt as bad.

Its more of a question, good product, bad service or bad product, good service.

This post has been edited by System Error Message: Apr 6 2022, 01:19 AM
Human Nature
post Apr 6 2022, 01:32 AM

All Stars
25,132 posts

QUOTE(miyeonevermioff @ Apr 6 2022, 12:51 AM)
my warranty is just basic 1 year warranty. bought this laptop and arrived on last year September. first noticed this issue after 1 month i think.

when i was listening to Spotify, its audio stuttered. u can refer to my previous post with a link to watch the example of my stuttering. i thought was audio driver issue and i updated audio driver, but it didn't solve it.

i took a few months to realize that actually its not audio problem, its stuttering because my screen also stutters. until december only send to service center

this stuttering occurs randomly and not frequent. it could take up to 1 week+ to occur again. so its really hard to record it. 

no, i didn't experience laggy issue. it was really smooth with 6 core cpu, but just the stuttering.

big difference between mine and ur laptop is amd vs intel. i am not sure if my amd r5 5600u is due to amd confirmed stuttering issue regarding to ftpm issue.

for ur laptop on intel, I'm not too sure the cause of it. how is ur stuttering like? got robotic audio or just screen stuttering ? does it occur frequently? if yes, then record a video then contact ur nearst Lenovo sc for warranty claim. let them find out the cause of the problem. if u dont record a video then they might refuse to replace parts if required due to no evidence. its safer and prevent yourself to end up wasting 2 weeks, like me sad.gif

if your laptop lags, stutters frequently, try to monitor ur cpu, ram usage. u can use xbox game bar/ task manager to see ur laptop's situation. see got spike in cpu usage or not.

well if you could record a video then it would be whole lot better if u need help with diagnosing the issue.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I saw the video. That's how I realize we have the same problem. I was just ignoring it at first because it only happen occasionally, the robotic type. The lag part is the one that finally gets to me and decided to check this laptop section. Will start to read up on the internet if anyone facing the same stuttering and lag issue. Great that you get a full refund for yours. Are you getting another laptop from Lenovo or checking out other brands?
TSmiyeonevermioff
post Apr 6 2022, 03:35 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Apr 6 2022, 01:32 AM)
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I saw the video. That's how I realize we have the same problem. I was just ignoring it at first because it only happen occasionally, the robotic type. The lag part is the one that finally gets to me and decided to check this laptop section. Will start to read up on the internet if anyone facing the same stuttering and lag issue. Great that you get a full refund for yours. Are you getting another laptop from Lenovo or checking out other brands?
yup, u should google with something like, lenovo ideapad 5 intel i5 stuttering etc

well i am waiting for 12th gen intel laptops. eyeing the thinkbook 16+. but also waiting for other brand 12th gen intel laptops to check out the specs. but one thing is lenovo has competitive prices compared to others. so it depends la, if other brands specs good, match my requirements then I'll change to other brand. but Lenovo has customisation, special prices from sales representative etc. i am hesitant to remain using lenovo or not.

so its hard to say. am just checking on lenovo new arrivals every day. although dell 12th gen laptops are out but the prices are damn bad. rm3k+ or even 4k with 67srgb screen. walao

This post has been edited by miyeonevermioff: Apr 6 2022, 03:36 PM
Human Nature
post Apr 6 2022, 07:10 PM

All Stars
25,132 posts

QUOTE(miyeonevermioff @ Apr 6 2022, 03:35 PM)
yup, u should google with something like, lenovo ideapad 5 intel i5 stuttering etc

well i am waiting for 12th gen intel laptops. eyeing the thinkbook 16+. but also waiting for other brand 12th gen intel laptops to check out the specs. but one thing is lenovo has competitive prices compared to others. so it depends la, if other brands specs good, match my requirements then I'll change to other brand. but Lenovo has customisation, special prices from sales representative etc. i am hesitant to remain using lenovo or not.

so its hard to say. am just checking on lenovo new arrivals every day. although dell 12th gen laptops are out but the prices are damn bad. rm3k+ or even 4k with 67srgb screen. walao
Guess what? I managed to solve the problem. Several websites said that it could be outdated BIOS, so I went to check for any updates at Lenovo Vantage and there is one! Weird that the system didn't prompt for update. After installing, it works fine now.. no more lag and stuttering issue (yet) biggrin.gif
TSmiyeonevermioff
post Apr 6 2022, 09:01 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Apr 6 2022, 07:10 PM)
Guess what? I managed to solve the problem. Several websites said that it could be outdated BIOS, so I went to check for any updates at Lenovo Vantage and there is one! Weird that the system didn't prompt for update. After installing, it works fine now.. no more lag and stuttering issue (yet)  biggrin.gif
congrats hahaha
xxboxx
post Apr 9 2022, 10:55 AM

The mind is for having ideas, not holding them
5,093 posts

QUOTE(miyeonevermioff @ Mar 15 2022, 05:08 PM)
at all times, any programs, any situation. whole pc stutter. i noticed this because i always play music in the background. the first time i encounter this issue is the audio. like stuttering. thought was an audio issue at first. so i updated audio drivers. can occur anytime, and it cannot be triggered. eg chrome, spotify, media player.
as time goes by, i noticed that it is not an audio issue. the whole pc, windows stutters. like not just programs. video and audio stutters.
i have attached a link below, if u wanna have a look.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XflSt8MW27...ew?usp=drivesdk

yes. since i have screen flickering issues on my first ideapad l3i, i can consider myself quite good at troubleshooting.
i have performed a clean install of windows 10 via usb iso file on this ideapad 5 pro. same issue. feels like hardware problem already.

tbh there's another issue that apparently also happens on my laptop only.
taskbar flickering. they say is w11 issue but my friend also dont have this issue.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B2jajlbmAP...ew?usp=drivesdk
Stutter could be caused by some app using too much resource or bad driver. I remember previously I need to manually install the graphic driver because Windows auto install driver version that caused some issue.

Taskbar flickering also happen previously on my desktop running Win 11. After some months and update, it was fixed. But it still happen now on my laptop.

QUOTE(miyeonevermioff @ Mar 16 2022, 12:01 AM)
nope. somehow from my research online, some are having latency issues by using smtg called latencymon. not sure how that works tho.

nah the taskbar flickers even theres no animation in the taskbar. literally nothing. no notifications, no messages. it just flickers for no reason.
Latencymon is to check what app, service or driver causing high latency, that will cause stuttering.
ryder_78
post Apr 20 2022, 08:53 AM

Regular
1,558 posts

QUOTE(acbc @ Mar 18 2022, 08:51 AM)
For Lenovo, always opt for ThinkPad. Anything else is crap!

I was also recommended to get a Lenovo Thinkpad T series by an experienced IT guy.

Just to check. Has anyone experienced any issues with the Thinkapad? Further research on the internet and Youtube revealed that people who use Thinkpads date from more than 5 years ago without experiencing any issues. They are reported to be built like tanks with military spec and have IBM roots, something like that.
Kairyu
post Apr 20 2022, 09:51 AM

Getting Started
226 posts

Congrats TS for managing to push it through! Bit more trouble than its worth but at least managed the refund.

QUOTE(ryder_78 @ Apr 20 2022, 08:53 AM)
I was also recommended to get a Lenovo Thinkpad T series by an experienced IT guy.

Just to check. Has anyone experienced any issues with the Thinkapad? Further research on the internet and Youtube revealed that people who use Thinkpads date from more than 5 years ago without experiencing any issues. They are reported to be built like tanks with military spec and have IBM roots, something like that.
Colleague had a ThinkPad X1 Carbon. They also had the same issue with TS with hinge not shutting properly.
acbc
post Apr 20 2022, 10:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,475 posts

QUOTE(ryder_78 @ Apr 20 2022, 08:53 AM)

Some ThinkPads are crap. Example the R, E, A and L series. Even the S series also crap. These series used plastic composite as the chassis.

Only opt for T or X series. These used magnesium chassis. Can even survived in a car accident. My former insurance agent was involved in a major accident many years ago. His car was a total loss but the ThinkPad X301 survived with minor dings and scratches. Everything works.
ryder_78
post Apr 20 2022, 11:01 AM

Regular
1,558 posts

QUOTE(acbc @ Apr 20 2022, 10:56 AM)
Some ThinkPads are crap. Example the R, E, A and L series. Even the S series also crap. These series used plastic composite as the chassis.

Only opt for T or X series. These used magnesium chassis. Can even survived in a car accident. My former insurance agent was involved in a major accident many years ago. His car was a total loss but the ThinkPad X301 survived with minor dings and scratches. Everything works.
Ok thanks for the information. After much research on the internet and Youtube 3 days ago on the T480, T480s and T490, the T480S looked good to me. Will have a look at the X series.
chkwong
post Apr 20 2022, 01:13 PM

Casual
382 posts

The ThinkPad T series are the best! Had 4 of these. From the early T400, 410, 420 series. Now still have T480/495. Gave the other 3 away and it's still working. From Lenovo series, have few of them. ThinkPad, IdeaPad, Legion. All have BIG quality differences.

T series is the best (IMHO). Rock solid!
jibpek
post Apr 20 2022, 01:19 PM

On my way
645 posts

Tried upgrade BIOS?

My Legion i5 4800 will hang from time to time. Problem solved after BIOS upgrade
kaitojas
post Jun 2 2022, 06:21 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(jibpek @ Apr 20 2022, 01:19 PM)
Tried upgrade BIOS?

My Legion i5 4800 will hang from time to time. Problem solved after BIOS upgrade
not all problems can be fixed by update bios

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0148sec    0.16    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:31 AM