Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

135 Pages « < 25 26 27 28 29 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

 Unlimited 5G plan

views
     
mlamlam
post Feb 17 2022, 07:38 PM

On my way
****
Junior Member
652 posts

Joined: Dec 2016
QUOTE(prosibu @ Feb 16 2022, 10:11 PM)
It is same as volte features previously.
If the phone manufacturer dun wan to enable, u have no way to use 5g on ur 5g phone.
Just dun keep blame on operator for not supporting volte or 5g.

We all know DNB 5g coverage are bad, but who ask them to build the site same location with other telco ? Current operator using 2600mhz/1800mhz/2100mhz/900mhz while 5g is 3500mhz.
DNB need double or more the sites to seamless cover the area.

Hence, all operator should gabung the cost to fastern the coverage instead of finding opportunity to set up 2nd 5G network, it is just waste of time.
*
Currently is 700Mhz only with a very small portion coverage... think about what happens if using 3500Mhz.....
JLA
post Feb 18 2022, 08:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
*******
Senior Member
2,773 posts

Joined: May 2008
5G c band is good for Fixed Wireless Access not for mobile

https://www.ericsson.com/en/fixed-wireless-access
enduser
post Feb 18 2022, 07:13 PM

Regular
******
Senior Member
1,280 posts

Joined: Jan 2003
https://soyacincau.com/2022/02/18/5g-malays...lesale-network/

5G Malaysia: Celcom, Digi, Maxis and U Mobile want to form a new consortium to deploy 5G
BY Alexander Wong
18 February 2022
6:20 pm

Malaysia’s big four telcos – Celcom, Digi, Maxis and U Mobile, have submitted a proposal to the government for the establishment of Dual Wholesale Networks (DWN) for 5G rollout in Malaysia. This would establish a second 5G network formed by a consortium of telcos alongside Digital Nasional Berhad (DNB), which is currently the single wholesale network (SWN).

According to a joint statement issued today, the telcos express their full support towards the Government’s agenda throughout the MyDigital initiative and the development of the digital economy in Malaysia where 5G networks are among the critical infrastructure. It stated, “we have submitted our proposal for the establishment of two Wholesale Networks (Dual Wholesale Networks or DWN) which will be developed and operated by two consortiums involving Government, DNB, and mobile network operators (MNOs) who are ready to invest.”

The four telcos view the DWN model as a feasible option that leverages MNOs capabilities, existing resources, including infrastructure, supply chain, and the experience of thousands of Malaysian technical talents. They are also looking forward to playing their part in realising the long-term sustainable benefits to the Nation, a win-win solution for the Government, rakyat, and the industry.

Communications and Multimedia Minister Tan Sri Annuar Musa has shared today that his Ministry and the Ministry of Finance will table a Cabinet Ministers’ memorandum next month to resolve the issues relating to DNB “once and for all”. He said the position of DNB and the Single Wholesale Network or Dual Wholesale Network has become a debate and polemic should be resolved soon. He told reporters “If we allow it to prolong, it will affect the 5G rollout programme which is a key factor to Malaysia’s Digital Economy Framework of Action and implementation of MyDigital.

As reported by Opensignal, Malaysia’s current average mobile speed currently lags behind Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines which have already launched their 5G service significantly.

Malaysia was supposed to launch 5G under a private-led consortium in Q3 2020. After the change of government in February 2020, the 5G plans were put on hold until MyDigital was launched in 2021 with a target to deploy 5G by Q4 2021. Instead of a private-led consortium, the current government has decided to allocate the spectrum to a single government entity which is now known as DNB. The Malaysian government has allocated the 700MHz, 3.5GHz, and 26/28GHz spectrum to DNB, while the telcos are not allowed to use their existing spectrum for 5G.

DNB’s 5G network went live on 15th December 2021 and are offering free access to their 5G network until 31st March 2022. So far YTL Communications’ Yes and TM’s Unifi Mobile have accepted the free trial offer but only Yes is offering 5G services. At the moment, no telco has announced the signing of a wholesale agreement with DNB pending finalisation of the Reference Access Offer.

In December, Reuters reported that the big four telcos have recommended for an additional 5G network to run in parallel with DNB. It added that two organisations will utilise existing telco assets to coordinate rollout and collaborate in the first 12-18 months to achieve a faster rollout of 5G across Malaysia than any one party. The report also states that the telcos are open to proposals to allow them to own equity in DNB and they want greater inclusion in the government’s 5G rollout plan

Responding to questions raised by Bangi MP Ong Kian Ming, DNB’s CEO Ralph Mashall said there will be an enormous implication should the Government decide on having a dual wholesale network (DWN). He said it is highly unlikely that DNB in its current form will survive should there be another wholesale network provider in Malaysia. He added if DNB fails, the second wholesale provider will then eventually become a private SWN monopoly. In addition, he said the Government will be subjected to pay substantial amounts of claims and compensation including early termination penalties for various types of contracts made for the operations of DNB.

The industry including GSMA has repeatedly raised concerns about Malaysia’s approach to deploy 5G through an SWN citing failures of similar deployments in countries such as Belarus, Mexico, and Rwanda. It added that SWN model for 5G will threaten Malaysia’s competitiveness. It believes that a pragmatic approach is needed by all parties to ensure that DNB delivers the next-generation connectivity that Malaysia needs.
culain99
post Feb 18 2022, 09:16 PM

-----
*****
Junior Member
765 posts

Joined: Jun 2007
Still telco want... Dual Wholesale Network
TSGold_Moderator
post Feb 19 2022, 05:26 AM

Look at all my stars!!
*******
Senior Member
3,097 posts

Joined: Feb 2014
dual still better than mono. got a bad experience from TM.
MNF0
post Feb 19 2022, 06:59 AM

Enthusiast
*****
Junior Member
904 posts

Joined: Mar 2020
QUOTE(Gold_Moderator @ Feb 19 2022, 05:26 AM)
dual still better than mono. got a bad experience from TM.
*
If (and that's a BIG if) profit making is the least of DNB's concern, then why not having just one. It's surely can cut the cost further down.
kwokwah
post Feb 19 2022, 07:33 AM

On my way
****
Junior Member
584 posts

Joined: Oct 2005
DNB already admitted it can't compete in a dual consortium scenario. Talk about efficiency and competitiveness.
adamw
post Feb 19 2022, 01:28 PM

Back to serve justice to those PKHKC corrupted Ex-ministers!
*******
Senior Member
3,351 posts

Joined: Dec 2006


QUOTE(kwokwah @ Feb 19 2022, 07:33 AM)
DNB already admitted it can't compete in a dual consortium scenario. Talk about efficiency and competitiveness.
*
If like that better closed shop and stop wasting tax payer's $$$$$ ranting.gif
azhar75
post Feb 19 2022, 07:59 PM

10k Club
********
All Stars
17,218 posts

Joined: Dec 2015



Can only close shop after next General Election. So, for now, they need to make as much money they could before next General Election.
JLA
post Feb 20 2022, 08:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
*******
Senior Member
2,773 posts

Joined: May 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE8vcvm4efM

single wholesale network is from SKMM itself. Reason is 5G spectrum not enough
lazy to watch just skip to kesimpulan


mun88
post Feb 20 2022, 09:48 PM

Enthusiast
*****
Senior Member
846 posts

Joined: Oct 2006
QUOTE(azhar75 @ Feb 16 2022, 08:11 PM)
Have u activated the new SIM? If not yet, then, just follow the steps in that screenshots. No need to use the new SIM into phone. Just need its serial number to replace the 4G SIM.
*
yes app direct activate my new sim with new no., No place to enter existing yes 4g no.
mlamlam
post Feb 21 2022, 12:03 AM

On my way
****
Junior Member
652 posts

Joined: Dec 2016
If those big4 telco not joining the DNB 5G network, or the proposal is rejected, it will be 3 lose scenario..

Telco lost - 5G will not be supported by major telcos in Malaysia

Customer lost - Those users from Apple likely won't be certified to use 5G network, not sure about Samsung. You even can think Yes also cannot support VoLTE on iPhone, 5G lagi no hope. Do you think Yes will pay $$ and sign Agreement to Apple for certification as well?

DNB also lost, only can collect small amount of $$ from two telco, Unifi and Yes. Think about the electricity fee per site, it is already 3.5kW per site, if later got 1K site this year end, and I count RM 0.55 per kW, electricity fee per month already ~1.3m per month..... and 1k site sure cannot cover whole Malaysia, only outdoor coverage in Major City...

DNB build 5G network with no Voice Support at this moment, those 2 telcos signed agreement with DNB also need to expand their current 4G networks (especially indoor, underground and car park), otherwise Voice call will frequently dropped and subscribers complain... they cannot totally rely on DNB network for both data and voice and pay subscription fee without expanding their network....

This post has been edited by mlamlam: Feb 21 2022, 12:03 AM
JLA
post Feb 21 2022, 08:30 AM

Look at all my stars!!
*******
Senior Member
2,773 posts

Joined: May 2008
Bangi MP questions four mobile network operators on transparency regarding 5G rollout

In a Twitter update, Ong drew comparisons to Digital Nasional Bhd’s (DNB) 21-page response to a joint statement among the telco’s 20-line statement to his 10 questions.

“@DNB_Official issued a 21-page response to my 15 questions on the 5G rollout.

“The telcos are asking to establish a Dual Wholesale Network (DWN) model and they have issued a 20-line statement to my 10 questions to them.

“Who is being more transparent here?” he asked in a Twitter post.

In the statement posted by Ong, the telcos had noted his questions and offered assurance that they will support decisions made by the government.

The DNB however also noted that some of Ong’s questions were directed explicitly at the CEOs of the existing MNOs so they did offer any comments.

Questions which were answered by DNB were 4, 6, 7, 8 and 10.

https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/202...regardi/2042447


azhar75
post Feb 21 2022, 08:35 AM

10k Club
********
All Stars
17,218 posts

Joined: Dec 2015


Me's POV is the telcos should use whatever infrastructure that DNB has provided and give it a test-drive.

SKMM should allow these telcos to test-drive the infra and policy for the 1st phase (maybe 1 year....?) and make final decisions later.

In fact, DNB has allocated the test-drive until 31st March 2022 and these telcos are still stubborn to not taking this "offer". Maybe 3 months test-drive is not sufficient, so 12 months period is viable for all telcos to come out with convincing rates and offerings to the public.

Say after 12 months and the results is not as per outlined, then, demolish DNB and replace with other options (which should be drafted within the 12 months test-drive period...).
aneip
post Feb 21 2022, 08:43 AM

Look at all my stars!!
*******
Senior Member
2,466 posts

Joined: Nov 2004


This 5G become so messy and Malaysia will going behind more and more.
dgboy
post Feb 21 2022, 02:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
*******
Senior Member
5,074 posts

Joined: Oct 2010


I agree the test drive period should be extended, though perhaps just for another three months.

Better the government rejects the MNO request for a second wholesale network, forces the MNOs to use DNB, and in a few years time when the coverage is built out, let the MNOs acquire DNB.
lowkelvin
post Feb 21 2022, 04:32 PM

On my way
****
Junior Member
669 posts

Joined: Jun 2018
I support the Big 4 major not to join DNB 5G network.
Here is my 2 cents.

1. DNB didn't speed up the 5G implement in Malaysia.
It's 2022 now, let's look the DNB coverage, did Malaysian get wider 5G coverage?

2. DNB didn't deal with major smartphone band for certifying their Network
Here is DNB FAQ posted on their Facebook:

"The time taken for a device to be 5G ready is dependent on the specific processes of the individual manufacturers. DNB is not involved in certification of the devices.
Please contact your local telecommunications service provider and/or device manufacturer" - Source

It's DNB's network doesn't support most of our 5G phone,
and now DNB is asking their consumer to contact Apple/Samsung.
Is this supposed a consumer's responsibility, or their responsibility?


sHawTY
post Feb 21 2022, 04:59 PM

Frequent Reporter
********
All Stars
14,908 posts

Joined: Jul 2005

QUOTE(lowkelvin @ Feb 21 2022, 04:32 PM)
1. DNB didn't speed up the 5G implement in Malaysia.
It's 2022 now, let's look the DNB coverage, did Malaysian get wider 5G coverage?
How to expand when there are only 2 telcos paying for their services?
YES is not even a major telco in Malaysia. Small fries only

You think expansion is cheap meh?
lowkelvin
post Feb 21 2022, 05:16 PM

On my way
****
Junior Member
669 posts

Joined: Jun 2018
QUOTE(sHawTY @ Feb 21 2022, 04:59 PM)
How to expand when there are only 2 telcos paying for their services?
YES is not even a major telco in Malaysia. Small fries only

You think expansion is cheap meh?
*
I afraid you might not get the picture clear.
Do noted that DNB applied loan from banks, and they 're belongs to MOF.
They dont have financial issue at this moment.
piglover
post Feb 24 2022, 07:32 AM

Regular
******
Senior Member
1,095 posts

Joined: Jun 2005
From: KL


I just receive the new 5g simcard
The problem is i keep get offline/online signal
And the 4g signal keep missing and restore
May i know whats wrong? Anyone encounter this before?

135 Pages « < 25 26 27 28 29 > » Top
 

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0351sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 1st December 2025 - 01:28 AM