Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Review UGREEN HiTune T2 TWS Earphones, Quad-Mics | Low Latency Gaming EQ Mode

views

TSvoncrane
post Apr 1 2021, 11:10 AM, updated 3y ago

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

What's up fam, I hope we are all staying safe out there in these times... I'm here again with another honest in-depth review and demo. This time I review the fresh off the factory semi-in-ear 2021 UGREEN HiTune T2 True Wireless Stereo or TWS earbuds. It carries the model name/number "WS105" and is the immediate successor to both the UGREEN HiTune T1 TWS earphones with model number WS111 and the HiTune WS100 TWS earphones which I reviewed earlier. Yeap, I also noticed that T2 has a lower model number than the HiTune T1. hmm.gif Anyways, all three models have their specific pros and cons, as such, target different audiences. Hopefully, by the end, you'll not only have a pretty legit idea of what it feels like to own a pair (my primary goal) but once decided? Also how to get it for significantly cheaper today than the RRP... For you good folks who take the time to read my walls of text and watch my videos... A little token of appreciation for the support...Arigato Gozaimasu!! icon_idea.gif brows.gif

Attached Image Attached Image

Specifications
*Bluetooth Version: V5.0
*Control Type: Touch Control
*Supported Bluetooth Profiles: HSP, HFP, A2DP, AVRCP
*Waterproof Level: IPX5
*Chip: Pixart Pau1606
*Driver Size: 14.2mm Graphene Dynamic Drivers
*Microphones: 4 MEMS Microphones
*Speaker Impedance: 16Ω
*Microphone Sensitivity: -38dB ± 3dB
*Speaker Sensitivity: 97±3dB
*Bluetooth Range: 10m [Actual: 18m]
*Frequency Response Range: 20-20KHz
*Earbuds Playtime: Up to 4 Hours
*Total Playtime: Up to 20 Hours
*Earbuds Charging Time: 1.5 Hours [2x 50mah]
*Case Charging Time: 1.5 Hours [500mAh 3.7V (1.85Wh)]
*Case Charging Method: USB-C Quick Charge
*Charging Input: 5V=400mA
*Charging Output: 5V=100ma
*Weight
***Single earbud: 6g/0.2Oz
***Case (with Earbuds): 52g/1.8Oz
*Box Contents
***1X Carry/Charge Case
***1x User Manual
***1x QC & Thank You Card
***1x USB Type-C Charging Cable

For now, Ugreen offers the Hitune T2 in two primary colors. The White I have here and also in Black. However, they also plan to release them in at least two additional colors. So, it’s up to your personal preference as to which color to get. This packs 14.2mm dynamic drivers, which is a significant bump from the 6mm graphene dynamic drivers in the Ugreen HiTune T1. Both models are IPX5 rated, which makes them water splashes (rain friendly) and sweat-resistant... Not Waterproof, so I do not recommend taking them swimming or placed under running water for long periods of time. We also have 4 MEMS microphones and during my Bluetooth range tests, I found it consistently maintained a connection till around the 18m mark, and this is streaming off my phone through the walls of a closed-off room. Lastly, the HiTune T2 is equipped with the Pixart PAU1606 chip. This chip supports Bluetooth version 5.0, SBC or Modified SBC (mSBC) codecs, AAC, a 10-band equalizer, 3D surround effect, dual-mic noise cancellation, and low latency that Ugreen states as 60 milliseconds. My YouTube video above has a bunch of audio, video, and gaming latency tests. So check that out when you have the time.. Timestamps included for easier access.

Four taps on either the left or right earbud will activate the EQ mode and switch between "Normal Mode" or "Gaming Mode". A voice prompt informs which mode you switched to. The Gaming mode is a special mode that instantly increases the immersive gaming experience. It introduces lower latency of around 60ms.. which’s a low figure for earphones around this price point...Particularly ones without Qualcomm’s fancy aptX LL. Honestly, the HiTune T1 & HiTune T2 are beginning to reimagine my viewpoints about Qualcomm's tech. I used to believe that such low numbers can't be gotten without them. Nice to see other companies stepping in to deliver decent results. The HiTune T2 also simulates an audio surround system or 3D audio. Allowing you to hear in-game sounds and conversations more clearly. When playing FPS games, you can hear those footsteps better and more quickly gauge the directions. IMHO playing off-camera (recording through my eyes and not 30hz camera footage uploaded to YouTube..I really should begin shooting exclusively in 60hz or even 4K UHD.. Crazy, editing such in native res will probably break my current rig.. haha) with these is really good. Media playback from both local and online streaming apps such as Netflix & YouTube is perfect. The same can be said for mobile gaming too. Thus, I am able to enjoy hours of local or online multiplayer games using the UGREEN HiTune T2, with the Gaming Mode enabled.

Moving on to the Overall Design & Build Quality…beginning with the case. It is made completely of plastic. What I feel to be a really bright Matte white finish. It feels good in my palms and while there are no visible grips, it won’t easily slip out and drop. There’s a very functional ridge on the front that aids in one-handed operation...Coupled with a 2-stage opening mechanism, all make it very easy to pop and or keep the case open.. We also have a single LED indicator just like the T1, that tells all sorts of battery and charging states.. but this time, it’s on the exterior, which I prefer. However, UGREEN's designers stepped up by placing the LED indicator UNDERNEATH the case and not exposed. Think of how we now have under-screen fingerprint scanners on phones. That’s some beautiful form and function designing right there. notworthy.gif There is also a USB Type-C port on the bottom for charging and some of you will glad to know that the Qi wireless charging standard is supported. If you don't have a wireless charging pad and be needing one? I recommend the Ugreen 10W Fast Wireless Charging Pad shown in the video below. I've been using it for over 2 years and it still functions and looks clean.

In addition to the pogo charging contacts, side indicator lettering, and the control touchpad on the front... There are 2 Microphones on each earbud. One at the top and another at the bottom. Both serving complimentary yet distinct purposes. The one on the bottom is the Voice Pickup Microphone and its job is to pick up and enhance your talking voice. The one at the top is the Noise Canceling Microphone, and its job is to listen or detect background or environmental noise. All four MEMS Mics working in tandem, providing crystal-clear calls. Like the HiTune T1s, I was able to carry on conversations in noisy environments and the person on the other line had no issues hearing me. Thing is, with this semi-in-ear design...there's practically no passive noise cancellation. And that's just by design.. Can't be helped as there are no silicone ear tips that help at least create some seal between your inner ears and the outside world. But thankfully, the T2 applies environmental noise-canceling tech to filter out background noises and accurately pick up your voice during calls. You get to hear the loud noises around you, but the party listening on the other end does not. So okay la.. sweat.gif

The HiTune T2 has a few audio prompts that inform you of their current state. These include; Power On, Pairing, Bluetooth Connected, Bluetooth Disconnected, Battery Low, Normal Mode, Gaming Mode, and Power Off.

Top Three Cons
1. The fit and finish on the outside are great.. The interior? not so much.. My review unit had some gaps that allowed the earbuds too much wiggle room..Thus, I heard some rattling noise when shaken hard. A bit of a let down really.. As I'm usually quite pleased with every other Ugreen product I've encountered.
2. Then there's that messy affair of a touchpad. I do prefer the larger surface area & near accurate sensitivity of the original HiTune earbuds. This smaller one takes much longer IMO to master. Eventually, we all get the hang of it.
3. Thirdly, and technically, this isn’t a con per se.. It’s more like a preference not met issue. Unfortunately, the design allows way too many environmental noises around me than I like.

Supported Voice Assistants: Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple Siri, Microsoft Cortana, & Samsung's Bixby.

Attached Image

Top Three Pros
1. Super comfy wearing...These are easy to slip on and take off. The ergonomic design and lack of silicone ear tips to create that passive noise seal greatly disperses pressure and ensures comfortable wearing. And each earbud only weighs about 0.2oz or 5g, which is super lightweight.
2. Audio playback quality is decent. These 14.2mm dynamic drivers produce richer audio nearly across all parts of the spectrum. The Gaming mode further elevates the listening experience. There is an immediate difference in the soundscape. Although it isn’t as bass-heavy as the original HiTune or the HiTune T1. So heavy bass lovers do take note of that. Activating Gaming mode while playing an FPS game, you are able to more easily distinguish the sounds of footsteps, gunshots, and explosions.
3. Effortless and crystal-clear phone or PC calling. Not many earphones in this price range can handle calls in noisy environments. The HiTune T2 with its quad microphones & ENC tech effectively suppresses the bulk of environmental noise during calls. This means that even though you are hearing the loud noises on your end. The bulk of em is not passed over to the caller on the other side.

Conclusion
Ugreen shines once more with these HiTune T2 TWS earphones. IMHO, I’d say they are marketed at those who prefer this particular design with all its pros and cons. That demands excellent calling experience, but without breaking the bank. The UGREEN HiTune T2 just launched and is being sold at a discount under a limited 2-week launch offer... See below for purchase links to various online platforms and to grab very special launch-only codes.

Purchase Links
Amazon USA
Official Website
Shopee Malaysia
Shopee RM 27.99 OFF code: UGRE331A
Lazada 15% Off Voucher
Lazada Malaysia

UGREEN SocMed URLs
Twitter
Facebook (Malaysia)
Instagram

This post has been edited by voncrane: Apr 1 2021, 11:19 AM
GuyM
post Apr 1 2021, 11:36 AM

Regular
1,767 posts

You and Jayceooi pakat update here together gather ka
blurjoey
post Apr 1 2021, 04:14 PM

Sumo Hammy!
6,035 posts

QUOTE(GuyM @ Apr 1 2021, 11:36 AM)
They are reviewers. Get the items at the same time.
TSvoncrane
post Apr 2 2021, 12:36 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(GuyM @ Apr 1 2021, 11:36 AM)
Haha... Good thing other bossku replied.. sweat.gif

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 1 2021, 04:14 PM)
Bossku.... notworthy.gif smile.gif
blurjoey
post Apr 2 2021, 08:52 AM

Sumo Hammy!
6,035 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Apr 2 2021, 12:36 AM)
Haha... Good thing other bossku replied..  sweat.gif
Bossku.... notworthy.gif  smile.gif
I kuli only... T2 pun tak ada sweat.gif sweat.gif sweat.gif
GuyM
post Apr 2 2021, 10:19 AM

Regular
1,767 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 1 2021, 04:14 PM)
i know la, saja only..

I think the Hitune would be better than this model, no? I actually bought one as Xmas gift to an orphan so of course i dont get to test the Hitune sweat.gif
TSvoncrane
post Apr 2 2021, 02:05 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 2 2021, 08:52 AM)
I kuli only... T2 pun tak ada sweat.gif  sweat.gif  sweat.gif
Inb4 it’s actually on its way to you now.. icon_idea.gif

QUOTE(GuyM @ Apr 2 2021, 10:19 AM)
i know la, saja only..

I think the Hitune would be better than this model, no? I actually bought one as Xmas gift to an orphan so of course i dont get to test the Hitune sweat.gif
The original HiTunes & Tronsmart Onyx Neos were my default earphones for quite while and so It’s hard not to agree with you. However, these T2s are definitely more comfortable to wear and win hands down where calling is concerned. Those 4 mics & ENC feature really helps. For instance, if I’m not using the HiTunes or silicone ear tips type earphones. I instinctively remove them to hear more happening around me and not feel that pressure in my ears. But with these T2s... I don’t feel that need to quickly remove them. Then there’s the differences in battery life. So I guess it does really boil down to what one prefers over the other.. really..

Others like the Tronsmart Onyx Ace and HappyAudio S1 are the only ones that have come close to feeling as light & comfy to wear.

P.S. I’m certain they made a banging gift to the recipient. nod.gif

This post has been edited by voncrane: Apr 2 2021, 02:08 PM
blurjoey
post Apr 2 2021, 02:09 PM

Sumo Hammy!
6,035 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Apr 2 2021, 02:05 PM)
Inb4 it’s actually on its way to you now..  icon_idea.gif
The original HiTunes & Tronsmart Onyx Neos were my default earphones for quite while and so It’s hard not to agree with you. However, these T2s are definitely more comfortable to wear and win hands down where calling is concerned. Those 4 mics & ENC feature really helps. For instance, if I’m not using the HiTunes or silicone ear tips type earphones. I instinctively remove them to hear more happening around me and not feel that pressure in my ears. But with these T2s... I don’t feel that need to quickly remove them. Then there’s the differences in battery life. So I guess it does really boil down to what one prefers over the other.. really..

Others like the Tronsmart Onyx Ace and HappyAudio S1 are the only ones that have come close to feeling as light & comfy to wear.
They said they message me but the message didn't get sent cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif

My wife took my Onyx Ace and claimed it hers. Now using Apollo Bold for my daily commute on MRT.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0145sec    0.11    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:03 AM